Hurt

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 


“…”

 

Jiyeon violently pushes Eunjung away, yanking the sheets over them in panic as they turned to two dumbstruck people by the door with eyes wide open before Eunjung even realizes that they were now caught in such a compromising position and lack of clothes.

 

“Get out!” Eunjung screams in alarm, shielding her body away from the two. “Hyomin! Get out!”

 

“…”

 

Jiyeon panicky shuffles on the bed, looking for her missing shirt all the while trying to shield Eunjung’s body from the two, and says, “Sunny, get Hyomin out, please.”

 

Hyomin snaps out of her initial shock at the two screaming at her as her anger and disbelief surged through her being. Jiyeon could have sworn she thought she saw horns growing on Hyomin’s head from the corner of her eyes. This was totally not how they planned to tell their best friend, not at all.

 

“What the is ing going on other than you two ing around?!” Hyomin screams at the two, stepping in the room only to be yanked back by her wife, her screams slowly being drowned out as Sunny forcefully drags her out.

 

“Hyomin, please, just calm down and let the two explain okay?”

 

“What the hell is going on, Sunny?” Hyomin exclaims, with an overwhelming wave of emotions surfacing as her head skimmed for any possible explanations.

 

Sunny tries to comfort the growing panic within her wife by running her hand on her back. But she knew it wouldn’t work in this condition, even she hadn’t expected this at all either.

 

“Look, I don’t know what’s going on with your best friends. But please, love, just let them explain okay?”

 

“Sunny! They were practically …on the bed…this…this isn’t…”

 

Sunny squirms as Hyomin squeezed her hand in her panic. If this goes on, Hyomin would hyperventilate at the rate she was breathing.

 

It was then Hyomin’s face seemed to have drained of color in an instant. Sunny’s eyes widen at the sight. Another kind of panic takes Sunny as Hyomin grows somehow faint in her hands. Her arms immediately support her shocked wife, hurrying to sit her down on the couch.

 

“Baby, breathe, okay? Breathe!”

 

Hyomin desperately gasp in her attempts to get the needed oxygen in her system. She looked to her wife, still in her panic, grasping Sunny’s hands as much as she could and followed Sunny’s breathing before she felt herself being embraced.

 

“It’s okay…it’s alright. Just breathe,” Sunny whispers in her ears, running a comforting hand on Hyomin’s back. Soon, Hyomin relaxed in her arms, signaling Sunny to pull away slowly to look her in the eyes, checking to see if she was still as pale as before.

 

“Sunny…”

 

“It’s okay,” Sunny murmurs as Hyomin stares at her with wide eyes. “They’ll come out and explain okay?”

 

“Sunny…what is going on?” Hyomin faintly asks, making Sunny sigh in worry.

 

“Eunjung! Jiyeon! You two better come out before I drag you out here,” Sunny screams out her frustrations, startling Hyomin in the process, her eyes glaring daggers towards the bedroom door.

 

Hearing an angry exclamation like that forces Eunjung and Jiyeon to reluctantly step out of their bedroom, dressed and looking half decent compared to their earlier conditions. Eunjung gives an uneasy smile only to be thrown an intense gaze from Hyomin herself who pulls away from Sunny and stare at the two.

 

Both Eunjung and Jiyeon could only stand before them, looking like children caught trying to steal from the cookie jar.

 

“Look, there’s a really, really good explanation,” Jiyeon starts.

 

“We were just pra…” Eunjung tries to say.

 

“Don’t you two dare ing lie to me,” Hyomin hisses. Sunny turns to her, and taking her hand in hers in concern. “What I saw in there wasn’t whatever you’re trying to say because you two were obviously playing tongue-hockey in your throats. Don’t freaking tell me you were praying with Jiyeon, Eunjung.”

 

“Minnie,” Jiyeon begins once more only to be cut off.

 

“Don’t freaking call me that,” Hyomin exclaims. “Just tell me what the hell is going on!”

 

Eunjung and Jiyeon look at each other, their eyes sending warning signals. They had never seen Hyomin this mad. She would only come to a point of being annoyed, but never this angry. Sweet, dorky and gentle Hyomin was definitely taking a new persona before them and it isn’t a good sign.

 

Eunjung takes a cautious breath turning to Hyomin, who had nothing but an unwavering gaze on them, slowly. “Yes, we were…doing something…”

 

Jiyeon places a hand on Eunjung in panic, to say, “We admit, we were…”

 

“I know something was going on in there. I’m not blind! Tell me when this happened, how this happened and why nobody bothered to freaking tell me?!” Hyomin screams in frustration, stunning the other two before her. Sensing Sunny squeezing her hand again, Hyomin pauses for a breath to calm herself down.

 

“It’s kind of a funny story, you see,” Eunjung sheepishly says, glancing over to Jiyeon who looked as intimidated as she was. “Remember your wedding?”

 

“Keep talking Eunjung,” Hyomin says.

 

Eunjung gulps at Hyomin’s spine-chilling tone, glancing at the silent Jiyeon once more before turning to Hyomin. “Remember how we wanted to be in a relationship and all?”

 

“You’re stalling,” Hyomin glares at the cowering two.

 

Eunjung glanced at Jiyeon again, this time; she had to push her forward. Jiyeon shoots Eunjung a spiteful look before seeing Hyomin’s terrifying glare. “Uhm, we kind of…”

 

“What? What is it? I haven’t got all day! Tell me what the he—Oh my God.” Hyomin suddenly gasps, startling everyone in the room. “OH MY GOD!”

 

Eunjung steps back in alarm, dragging Jiyeon only to make her a human shield. Jiyeon couldn’t believe how much of a coward Eunjung was reduced to; if she weren’t really feeling as scared she could have laughed at that. But being a human shield surely didn’t seem right. The nerve, Jiyeon thought in irritation. “Stop it,” she hisses.

 

“Can’t help it…”

 

“You two! Why the hell is there rings on your fingers?” Hyomin screams completely baffled; if she weren’t already panicking, then this would have been the peak of whatever level of panic she was having.

 

She stares at her two best friends in pure disbelief as they were sporting, what she could make out were truly, rings that wrapped around their fourth finger, specifically where a wedding band really should be. She scrambles up, pushing herself towards her best friends in shock.

 

“Tell me honestly, what those rings are for?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Eunjung asks pathetically, hiding her hand away from view earning herself a shove on the shoulders from none other than her wife.

 

“Eunjung!” Jiyeon hisses, irritated, really, if Eunjung can be any more obvious…

 

“Baby, calm down,” Sunny coaxes Hyomin as she stands to hold Hyomin down. Hyomin huffs and puffs like an angry wolf she was towards her best friends. She could have blown them away with more screaming if she could, but it was a good thing that Sunny was with her or else she might have choked the answers out of her best friends’ throats, literally.

 

“There are freaking rings on their fingers! Rings, Sunny!” Hyomin points at the sparkling bands.

 

Eunjung and Jiyeon both shift on their feet, eyeing each other in a non-verbal war of who should tell. Jiyeon had the upper hand in their eye battles, considering her sharp eyes were currently stabbing Eunjung’s at the moment while Eunjung were simply considered jabs. It was one of those times where Eunjung absolutely disliked Jiyeon’s eyes because if she were to be honest, it scared her…and at the same time she found Jiyeon absolutely hot with the angry look.

 

“It might be just friendship rings,” Sunny softly speaks, eyeing the two who were still preoccupied with their staring contest.

 

“They don’t wear rings. They never wore rings; only necklaces, sunglasses and earrings. I know them both too well,” Hyomin grumbles staring at the idle figures of her best friends in question. “So why are they wearing rings all of a sudden?!” Hyomin barks at them once more, making the two frightened people step back in fret.

 

Hyomin had been particular with details. She was an artist who strived for perfection; because of her job and business she became even more particular with details. Being aware of that took years and years of practice that even her best friends' peculi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter