Hitting on Yoo (Daejae)

~Collection of B.A.P oneshots/drabbles~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the evening of a sunny day, but half of the sun has sunk beneath the horizon already. Yoo Youngjae was smiling brightly as he drove home from the library. He had a good day and was giddy because he knew his lovely parents were waiting for him at home with warm dinner already prepared, and he could have a relaxing shower and then go to sleep in his fluffy, comfortable bed.

 

That was his wish.

 

It was the evening of a sunny day, but half of the sun has sunk beneath the horizon already. Yoo Youngjae was mentally sighing to himself as a child started crying in the crowded bus, on his way home from his part time job. He, as usual, had an awful day. He was returning to his empty, dark apartment where he lived alone. He'd have to cook instant noodles again, shiver through a cold shower, and spend another restless night studying just so he'd survive another academic year with scholarship. He hated his boring, monotonous life.

 

That was reality.

 

Yoo Youngjae disliked reality. He hated reality. He loathed reality.

And he hated the people who kept saying 'that is life' when they didn't know and actually have a nice family background and don't have to work their off like him and actually knew nothing about life. 

Everyday, he'd wonder why he was still alive.

He wondered why he wasn't raised in a wealthy family.

He wondered why his parents abandoned him.

He wondered why the world was so unfair.

He wondered why he was such a depressed person.

He truly thought death would have been much easier.

 

He tried his best; but nobody acknowledged him. He cried to himself; there was no one to wipe his tears away. He punched the walls and mirrors; there was no one to bandage his bleeding fists. His heart was broken to pieces; it had died.

 

Yoo Youngjae wanted to die but he knew that part of him had already died. His happy self.

 

The child in the bus did not stop crying. In fact, it was only noisier since the parents were trying to sooth him and the lady sitting near him started complaining about the child. 

Yoo Youngjae wanted a loud speaker to shut them all up, so badly. He could slap the woman next to him because she was grumbling too much.

But instead, he pulled his jacket's hood over his head, closed his eyes, swallowed, and leaned against the window. He hid his frustrations amd kept them to himself, hoping from the bottom of his heart that he brought his earphones.

Matters only got worse a few minutes later when the bus came to a halt. The driver emerged moments later with the announcement that there were some problems with the engine. Youngjae sighed and, before he could hear more annoyed complaints from the pesky passengers, swiftly got off the bus.

Looking around, he realized he was in Hongdae, a place he was not familiar with. He would have to walk to the nearest bus stop, which was not in sight. Instead of wandering around and wasting time, he decided to ask for directions from local people and headed down the street, avoiding disgusting couples and sweet families. They made him feel small and unwanted. Seeing an old, friendly-looking grandmother not far away, he headed towards her.

That was when he heard his voice, beautiful and stunning and breath-taking.

Youngjae stopped in his footsteps, rooted to the ground, and listened. Usually he didn't care too much abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter