Project Partners

No More Comfort Zone [editing]

I walked to art class and headed to the seat in the corner, near the window.

 

I saw the new boy, Jungkook, walk in the classroom when everybody else is already seated. Wow. I have two classes with him? Eh. As long as he isn't much of a problem, I couldn't care less about him.

 

While I was still facing him, he faced me. An imaginary hand slapped a smirk on his face. Why does he keep smirking at me? Do he like me? I rolled my eyes and payed attention to the teacher when she started talking.

 

All period long I felt as if someone was watching me again. I constantly looked around but everyone was doing their own thing and NOT staring at me. I freaked out enough, heck, I even looked out the window. "What's going on?" I murmured to myself.

 

The bell rang once again. "Ok class." The teacher started. "We are going to have an art-off next week!" exclaimed the teacher. Yay? Was I supposed to be excited? Ok, maybe I was since I had a love for art. "Anyways we are going to be in partners and I already chose your partners for you. The list is right here." The teacher pointed to the wall of a paper listing the partners we have.

 

I went over there and looked for whom I work with this time. "Jungkook?!?" I half whispered, half screamed. Great, I have to work with the new student. Then again, he doesn't seem that bad. Just not as experienced in art as this girl right here. I internally pointed to myself.

 

I felt an arm slung across my shoulders as the class started leaving. I got away from this person and turned. It was him. Jungkook. "So I guess we are partners now, aye?" He spoke.

 

"I guess so." I bluntly said.

 

The day went by pretty swell. I discovered this Jungkook guy is kind of annoying. I keep meeting him here and there in the hallways.

 

I started walking out the building just when I heard a voice calling my name from behind. "Minhee! Wait up!" I turned around and it was him....again.

 

He finally caught up to me as I turned from him and rolled my eyes. He reached my shoulder and grabbed it. He used to much body pressure trying to stop himself from running that he clashed his body onto mine and we both fell forward. "OWH!" I basically face planted the school's floor and he was on top of me.

 

"Get the off of me!" I yelled from underneath him.

 

"Your hair smells really good you know..." He said.

 

"I don't give a . Now shut up and get off of me. NOW!" I yelled even louder. Luckily, the school was already empty so they would not witness this embarassing moment.

 

He slowly got off of me as I felt more relieved from being smooshed for a couple of minutes.

 

I turned to him. "What the hell do you want from me? Huh?" I asked annoyed.

 

"Aren't we project partners? We need to work on our project before we fail and die." He explained.

 

"We are not gonna die. And also we can work on it another day. I am not in the mood." I said.

 

"PMS?" He asked and fake pouted.

 

"First of all, no guy should ever talk or ask a girl about PMS, or anything period related. Second, no, it's not PMS." I said. "." I mumbled quietly to myself.

 

He just shrugged and walked away. He had a sad face on. Aw. He looked like a cute little kid that got his feelings hurt. I was really about to explode. Hold it in Minhee. Hold it in! "OK FINE! LET'S WORK ON THE DAMN PROJECT!" I exploded. I could see his face smile. Telling me that he was just faking about being sad. That . Plus, why do I have to be so guilable? I frowned to myself. 

 

"Come on." He led me to his car. Uh no way am I riding this car with him. "Your place? My place?" he asked.

 

"Um your place..." I hesitated. I barely knew this guy, but I am already about to have a ride with him. In his own car. Just us alone.

 

He touched my hand to grab it and drag me but I pulled it back. "What? You won't move so I have to drag you." He explained.

 

I spoke up, "I can walk myself."

 

He nodded and we both started heading to his car. Wow it is in fancy! "You really own this?!?" I exploded once again.

 

He just gave me a simple 'yeah'.

 

He opened the car door for me and I thanked him as I got in. No man ever did this for me. So it felt so...cool?

 

He got in the car and started driving to his house. "You look scared." He pointed out the obvious. "Don't worry, I won't touch you....you know...in those places...." He awkwardly reassured me. I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

 

"Hey you made a sound!" He exclaimed. I just giggled more. Throughout the car ride he kept making weird jokes, but they were pretty funny, I have to admit.

 

We reached his house and both of us exit the car. "Here we are." he said as I looked up at his house.

 

"Wow." Is all that came out of my mouth.

 

"Amazing right?" He asked as I followed him to the door.

 

"This looks almost like my house!" I exclaimed. His eyes widened.

 

"You're rich?!!?" He asked suprised.

 

"Well my parents. Since I chose to live by myself, my parent made my wish come true. They did let me live alone, but in a crappy old house with just the average amount of money, maybe less..." I said.

 

"Oh." he said.

 

We walked in his place and his house looked liked the houses in the movies. You know, the cliche.

 

"It's very beautiful." I complemented.

 

"You're beautiful." He turned to meet my eyes.

 

I started to blush. Did he really just say that? He opened his mouth again, "No I am kidding." He jokingly said. I felt so embarassed. "But that made you blush didn't it?" He asked.

 

"No!" I lied and hit his shoulder.

 

"Then why are you blushing?" he asked once more.

 

"Well..." I hesitated.

 

"It's ok. I get it." He said. How does he get it?

 

I shrugged it off and walked with him to his room. Once he opened the door, I felt hot air hitting my skin. I smelled the smell of smoke...specifically cigarettes.