Chapter 13

No More Comfort Zone [editing]

After a long drive, we finally reached the school.

 

I got out of the car and started glancing at the sky.

 

"Man, it got dark pretty quick..." I commented.

 

"Ok, let's go inside." Mom said as I followed her into the school.

 

As I was entering, I saw quite a lot of people coming through the door with me. I even saw the BTS members come.

 

"This just makes my avoidance impossible." I whispered to myself.

 

"Huh? What did you say honey?" Mom asked after she overheard me.

 

"Nothing, just forget it."


 


 

I led mom to the audience and quickly ran backstage searching for Jungkook.

 

"Where the bloody hell is that bastard?"

 

I ran down the half empty hallway yelling his name out.

 

I felt an arm grab my wrist making me turn around to this person.

 

"Looking for me?" He asked in a y way.

 

"Don't be acting y."

 

"Pssh, that wasn't y!" He threw his hands up. "Hmm you look nice tonight."

 

I blushed. "Thanks?"

 

"...and don't run in those heels again, that's too risky." He remarked.

 

"I thought you wanted for me to be risky."

 

"Huh true." He said.

 

"Ok we need to go now." I shouted.

 

"Right!"


 


 

"Next up is...Jeon Jungkook and Kim Minhee!" shouted the teacher.

 

"Hold my hand." Jungkook said. "I'm gonna lead you out."

 

"Hell no! Just go, the audience is waiting." I said.

 

We both walked out from backstage and went towards our art piece as the audience slowed down their enthusiastic clapping for us.

 

I looked up at all the people that was staring at me.

 

"Your face is turning red." Jungkook whispered.

 

"Shush." I said.

 

"It's ok if you're nervous....." He said.

 

"No, I'm not. I'm fine...really..."

 

"If you say so." He said and faced the audience as I did so too.

 

The teacher walked toward us.

 

"Introduce yourself and your drawing." the teacher spoke.

 

I glanced at Jungkook.

 

"Fine, I'll speak." He said. "Hello, my name is Jeon Jungkook and this is Kim Minhee."

 

I shyly smiled at his ability to talk in front of such a large audience.

 

He continued, "As you can tell..." He pointed to the painting. "There are two halves of the painting. One side light, perfect, heavenly, and happy. The other side is dark, not perfect, hellish, and sad."

 

I looked at the teacher and she looked quite amused, yet impressed.

 

"So what is this supposed to symbolize?" The teacher asked.

 

Jungkook nudged me.

 

"What?" I whispered.

 

"You have to talk too." He said.

 

I sighed and my heart started to beat faster from nervousness.

 

"U-um i-it's supposed to symbolize..." then I forgot what it symbolized.

 

The audience started whispering, probably about me.

 

"Just say something." Jungkook nudged me again.

 

I took a deep breath and spoke as bravely as I could even though I would look like an idiot.

 

"It's supposed to symbolize everybody in this world!" I said loudly.

 

The crowd got completely quiet and looked pretty shocked, but I couldn't blame them cause I was shocked too.

 

I continued, "Each individual has a good and bad side. You may not know cause these people around you show more than the other. There's boring and fun people in this world. The perfect and the non perfect. The happy and the sad. You can't be both of these at the same time, but you can be one or the other at different times."

 

Everybody, even my classmates backstage, looked at me impressed. So was Jungkook.

 

The teacher smiled, "Ok, what inspired you guys to come up with this painting? Who painted it? Who thought of the idea?"

 

Jungkook smirked and started speaking, "Well I came up with the idea and let Minhee paint it. Anyways, what inspired me was the people around me....including Minhee."

 

The crowd chuckled.

 

He continued, "These people around me change so much. Sometimes they're happy, other times sad. Most times they're boring." He looked at me then back at the crowd. "But other times I think they're pretty fun." He smiled.

 

"Ok we are out of time...thank you so much you guys!" The teacher said.

 

The afterwards the teacher started speaking to the audience and while Jungkook and I were walking backstage.

 

Even though the bright stage light was nearly blinding me, I could see a familiar figure sitting in the audience.

 

"...dad?" I asked myself.

 

"Come one Minhee." Jungkook pulled me off stage. "You walk too slow.

 

"Sorry, but I think I saw my dad in the crowd."

 

"Ok and??" He asked.

 

I lowered my head. "Nothing."

 


 

A/N:

 

Hey there!

 

I have been so busy with shet for school and o my gawd I am freakin exhausted!!

 

If you lub this story, you sub this story. Lol.

 

See you next time and take care!^^

 

 

Picture time!!

 

(I really don't know if I already used these photos before but oh well XD)