Memories

Project Boyfriend
Sungyeol POV:

I looked over at Hayoung in absolute horror. How the poop did she know my MOTHER~??!!

Hayoung was smiling brightly at her, holding a bag.

"Hayoung-ah!" she greeted before glancing over at me. My mom widened her eyes then looked back at Hayoung.

"Hayoung-ah...who is this young man?" she questioned. My jaw dropped. My mother is joking, right? She knows who I am! Hayoung looked at me as if she had forgotten I was there then introduced me...to my own mother.

"Oh! This is my classmate, Lee Sungyeol." she said while giving me a slight nudge. My mom eyed the both of us suspiciously.

"So you aren't dating him?" she asked. Hayoung wore a very puzzled expression. I huffed. Okay, that was enough.

"Umma! Why are you acting like you don't know me?!" I cried before pushing myself into my house. Hayoung's mouth hung open in shock. My mom chuckled slightly and patted both Hayoung and my shoulders.

"Sung--you didn't.." she stammered, speechless. My mom smiled brightly and rubbed our backs.

"He tends to do that." she laughed before sitting us down for tea. From the kitchen, my mother called for me to help out.

"I'll help you ohmonni!" Hayoung called out, quickly getting up. I pushed her back into her seat, somewhat roughly.

"No. You, STAY."

I rushed into the kitchen and sighed.

"Umma! How do you know her?" I asked, still in disbelief. My mom, who was cutting fruits, shrugged and grinned.

"Things just happen that way. Maybe, you guys are soulmates. Meant for each other." she giggled. I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"No way! Never ever EVER!" I shrieked. My mom continued to slice fruits as she shrugged again.

"You never know. I married one of my close friends." she commented. I groaned and mentally-face palmed myself.

"I am NOT close to Hayoung." I said firmly. My mother raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. I groaned and threw my hands up in the air. She laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Well, be nice to her. She's a wonderful girl despite going through a lot." she said in a now serious tone. I glanced over at Hayoung who sat at our dining table, happily talking with my younger brother. My heart softened slightly. What could she have possibly gone through?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were back in the busy streets simply just visiting our old childhood memories. When Hayoung took me to a deserted playground, I decided to ask her. We settled on the swing set, gently swaying in silence.

"Hayoung--" I started to say.

"She told you didn't she?" she interrupted. I looked over at her in confusion.

"Your mother...she told you told you about me right?" Hayoung practically whispered. I didn't reply. She laughed, in a cold, harsh tone.

"Well, it's not anything to be ashamed of...I guess." she murmured. Still clueless, I finally spoke up.

"She...I don't know anything." I mumbled. Hayoung head popped up and looked over at me, tears streaming down her face. Shocked, I blabbed whatever.

"You...are you crying?" I asked, speechless. Hayoung rolled her eyes and sniffed.

"No babo I'm sweating from my eyes."

I got off my swing and knelt on the ground in front of her.

"Don't cry." I said. Great words of comfort Sungyeol. I did another mental face-palm. Hayoung looked up at me and sighed.

"Care to share?" I asked slowly, unsure if my words were going to be right or not. She shook her head.

"Maybe...when the time is right." she softly said. I hesitated before reaching up to her face and wiping her tears from her cheeks. She smiled and bent down to hug me awkwardly.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!<3 thanks people~!