Part 6

Changing Tao

            “Hyung! You should know that…”

            Chen closed Chanyeol’s mouth with his hand, so he could not say any word and Baekhyun helped him by grabbingChanyeol’s hands which were about to remove Chen’s hand.

            Suho, Xiumin, and Lay frowned confusedly by seeing their weird action when they had arrived in their house. “What’s wrong with you guys?” asked Xiumin.

            Baekhyun chuckled, still grabbing Chanyeol’s hands. “Nothing. We’re just playing around,” he answered casually.

            “Chen ah, don’t do that to Yeolie. He can’t breathe,” Lay said as he approached Chen. He wanted to remove Chen’s hand, but the younger walked backward. “Yah, Chen ah, why?”

            “No, hyung, he can breathe well. We’re just playing around as usual,” said Chen as he smiled awkwardly at Lay.

            “Ah, hyungs are home,” said Kai as he walked downstairs and found his hyungs gathered. “Suho hyung, Baekhyunie hyung and Chenie hyung were locking Tao hyung up in the bathroom and he fainted because he cried a lot.”

            Xiumin, Lay, and Suho was so surprised with Kai’s words and so did Chen and Baekhyun because they did not know Kai would say that to their hyungs, especially to Tao’s mommy, Suho.

            “Yah! Kai yah!” exclaimed Baekhyun as he let go of Chanyeol’s hands without his knowledge because he wasangry with Kai and was about to approach the second maknae, but he could not do that because Suho already warned him to get away from Kai.

            Chanyeol used that time to remove Chen’s hand from his mouth then he breathed in hardly. “That’s… that’s true, hyung…” he panted. “They did that to your daughter.”

            “Tao is my son, Yeol ah! How dare you…” Suho did not continue his words, but looked at Baekhyun and Chen instead. His face was redden with his anger and that’s why both of them lowered his head. An angry Suho was the worse that no one wanted to see. “Baekie yah, Chen ah, there will be no dinner for you for a week!” he said loudly and firmly.

            Baekhyun and Chen spontaneously widened their eyes and looked at Suho in disbelief. “Seriously, hyung… a week?!” asked Chen.

            “But we will be died, hyung!” said Baekhyun in a sad tone.

            “You guys won’t be died,” Xiumin interrupted. “It’s only dinner. You still can have breakfast and lunch. Suho is still nice at you indeed.”

            “Where’s my baby?” Suho asked in worriedly. He did not want to argue more with Baekhyun and Chen about his punishment toward them. Tao was the most priority in his mind at the time and he wanted to know his current condition.

            “He’s sleeping in your room with Sehun,” said Kai. “He’s okay now. Don’t worry about him again, hyung.”

            “Still I need to see him now.” With Lay and Xiumin, Suho walked upstairs to his room. They found Tao and Sehun sleeping peacefully. Suho approached them and looked at his baby closely. He could smell the fresh scent of Tao. “He looks pale,” he said as he caressed his baby’s hair. “Has he had lunch?”

            “I guess not,” Lay answered. “And the rest may not have lunch either. We went shopping for food because we had no food.”

            “Lay yah, let’s cook then! I will help you,” said Xiumin.

            “Yeah, you guys cook while I taking care of my baby,” agreed Suho. “And I will make a deal again with Baekie and Chenie. Don’t you think my punishment was too easy?”

 

***

 

            Tao was awaken by Suho and he slowly opened his eyes and looked at his mother, who was smiling at him warmly. “Mommy, you’re home,” he said as he rubbed his eyes. “Why did you wake me up? Were you buying something fancy for me?”

            Suho laughed because of Tao’s last question. He ruffled his baby’s hair lovingly then nodded. “I bought you a new shirt, but that’s not the reason why I woke you up,” he said. “Have you had lunch, my baby?”

            Tao shook his head weakly.“I wasn’t hungry, but since you said so, I start to feel the ache in my stomach.”

            “Let’s have lunch then! Lay and Xiumin hyung had made it for us,” said Suho then pulled Tao’s hand to get him up from the bed.

            “Let’s go!” Tao squealed happily. “Oh, wait! We should wake Hunie up too.” He let go of his hand then shook Sehun’s body. “Hunie yah, wake up! Let’s have lunch~”

            After Sehun woke up, three of them walked downstairs then went into the dining room. There were Xiumin, Lay, Chanyeol, and Kai eating their lunch silently, but Baekhyun and Chen playing with their food gloomily instead of eating them.

            Tao greeted them before sat on his chair then started eating his food. He too focused at his food until he accidently glanced at Baekhyun and Chen. “Baekie hyung, Chenie hyung, why do you look gloomy?” he asked curiously.

            Baekhyun and Chen looked at each other instead of answering Tao’s question then sighed heavily in unison. They did not answer his question, but playing with their food gloomily again.

            “Hyungs, why don’t you answer my question?” Tao protested to Baekhyun and Chen.

            “Can’t you guess why?” asked Chanyeol to Tao without looking at the younger, but focused at his food instead. He was too hungry to look at the younger.

            Tao was silent for a moment while munching his food. “Did you make a mistake?”

            “Bingo!” Kai exclaimed.

            Tao’s eyes widened. “What mistake?”

            “Because they have made you faint, Tao yah,” Suho answered.

            Tao gasped in surprise. “How could you know that, Mom?”

            “Kai told us. It’s okay, my baby, I have given a punishment to them, so they won’t bother you again.”

            “What punishment?”

            “They won’t have dinner for a week,” Lay answered then looked at Suho. “Suho yah, I think the punishment is too much. Can’t you consider it again?”

            Baekhyun and Chen’s head lifted up after hearing Lay’s words. “Agree!” they said in unison.

            “Yeah, Mom, I think so. They did nothing to me,” said Tao innocently.

            Sehun, who sat beside Tao, slapped his shoulder lightly. “How could you say they did nothing to you? Of course, they did something! Because of them, you were fainting, Tao-ssi, and it was a crime.”

            “Crime?! Yah, Oh Sehun, we didn’t mean to make him faint! It was just an accident,” said Baekhyun in a half shout. His face was redden, so was Chen’s, because of the crime word.

            “Yeah, it was just an accident,” said Tao, still innocently, which made the rest of them, except Baekhyun and Chen, groaned. “Why? I fainted because I cried a lot.”

            “And you cried a lot because they locked you up in the bathroom. Seriously… Tao yah, what’s wrong with your mind? We are all in your side, but why you defend them?” said Chanyeol who looked at Tao with a frustrated look.

            “That’s true that they locked me up in the bathroom, but they have said sorry and I’ve forgiven them. End of story. You shouldn’t punish them, Mom! Please~”

            Suho only looked at Tao in disbelief in response. No one could make him change his decision but his baby, so the rest already knew what he would do to Baekhyun and Chen. While the rest face palming, Baekhyun and Chen crossed their fingers and Tao begged Suho with his puppy-eyes, which always lure his heart successfully.

 

***