Part 21

Changing Tao

    “Why are you calling him?” asked Kyungsoo to Luhan on the other line coldly.
    “Oh! Kyungsoo yah? W-where’s Tao?” Luhan stuttered.
    “Why are you calling him?!” Kyungsoo shouted angrily. “Don’t you think our Tao can be strong to face this hardship? Don’t you remember he has a fragile heart? Do you have a heart to see him struggling after what you’ve done to us? Why, hyung? Why?” Without his knowledge, the tears dropped from his eyes and he hurriedly wipped them away. Be strong, Kyungsoo yah. Don’t cry.
    Luhan was silent after listening to Kyungsoo’s questions. He felt guiltyy to make the younger, and all the members, feel the pain with what he had done to their agency, but he had no choice. “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo yah...” said Luhan in a hoarse tone. “It’s hard to leave you guys. I’m struggling too, but I have no choice. I need to leave you guys for my health. I know it sounds selfish, that’s why I want to apologize to you and the others.” He waited for Kyungsoo’s response, but the younger remained calm. “You must be hate now...”
    “Instead of hating you, I feel disappointed,” Kyungsoo admitted. “We still want you to be back, hyung. We miss you. Please, don’t do this...”
    “I can’t...”
    They were silent for a moment. Then Kyungsoo said, “I hope you’ll change your mind. Can I ask you something?”
    “Yes. What’s it?”
    “Please, don’t call Tao again from now on,” said Kyungsoo firmly. “Don’t tell everything about your departure. He doesn’t know about this yet and Suho hyung has aksed me to make him not to know about that.”
    “I won’t tell anything, but you can’t make me not to call him. Kyungsoo yah, he’s my brother too. How could you separate us?”
    They talked for a while, negotiated. After they got the deal, Kyungsoo ended the call. He sighed heavily as he looked down at the cellphone screen. Then he turned his body to go back to the living room, but before he could make any step, his eyes widened in surprise as he looked at someone in front of him.

***

    Chanyeol came into his sense when Sehun patted his shoulder. “Oh! You’re home?”
    “Yes, we are,” said Sehun then sat on the chair in front of Chanyeol. “Didn’t you hear our voice when we called your name?” he asked then nodded by Chanyeol.
    “You were zoning out, weren’t you?” asked Tao, who sat next to Sehun. “What’s wrong, hyung? Is there something that bothers you?”
    Chanyeol looked at Tao deeply. He felt pity for the younger. He nodded weakly. “There’s something bothers me, but I can’t tell you. It’s a secret, Tao yah,” he teased the younger and Tao was pouting after listening to the answer. Chanyeol chuckled. “Now, let’s have a lunch! I keep the soup warm,” he said then he walked to the stove to take off the pot.
    They had lunch in silence. No one talking until Sehun asked to Chanyeol. “Our members haven’t been back, hyung? Why this house is so silent?”
    “Xiumin hyung, Chenie, and Kyungsoo have been back,” Chanyeol answered.
    “Oh! Tao-ssi, you said you wanted to show me something,” Sehun said.
    Tao choked. “I almost forget about that,” he said as he chuckled. “Wait in here. I’ll be back soon~” he got up from his chair and was ready to leave the room.
    “Yah! Finish your meal first, Tao yah!” Chanyeol said.
    “I will, but later,” Tao said then left them to the living room. He remembered he put his cellphone on the table in the living room, but he found only Sehun’s. Where’s my phone? He thought worriedly. He looked for his cellphone around the room, but he could not find it. When he rested for a while, his eyes stopped at someone at the backyard. Is that Kyungsoo? He thought then he walked out to the backyard to approach him.
    “Don’t tell everything about your departure. He doesn’t know about this yet and Suho hyung has aksed me to make him not to know about that.”
    Tao frowned at Kyungsoo’s words. Whose departure he’s talking about? He thought. He waited for the other talking to someone on the other line behind Kyungsoo. The older was busy talking until he did not realize Tao’s presence. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when his eyes met Tao’s. “W-what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo stuttered.
    “I just want to meet you,” Tao said. “With whom you talked to?”
    “No one,” Kyungsoo answered as he hid the cellphone behind his back.
    “No one, huh?” Tao asked as he looked at Kyungsoo’s attitude. “Why are you putting your hands behind your back? Are you hiding your phone from me? Oh! Were you talking to someone you admire?”
    “No,” Kyungsoo answered simply.
    “Oh! Come on, tell me~” Tao begged then tried to take the cellphone from Kyungsoo.
    “Yah! What are you doing?!”
    They fought for the cellphone then finally Tao was success to take it. He smiled happily when he got the cellphone, but he frowned after he realized that it was his own cellphone. “So you took this from the table?” he asked then nodded by Kyungsoo in response. “How could you access it?” then he accessed his cellphone to find out someone Kyungsoo talked with.
    “Please, don’t~” Kyungsoo begged as he grabbed Tao’s hand and looked at him pleadingly.
    Tao was silent for a moment as he looked at Kyungsoo. He never saw the older pleaded him like that, but then he continued accessing his cellphone. He was too curious. Then his eyes widened after read the caller’s ID. “You were talking to Lu-ge?!” he asked in disbelief. “What were you talking about? Was he fine? God, you should tell me, so I could join you talking with him! I miss him so bad, you know?” Tao pressed Luhan’s number, calling him.
    Kyungsoo hurriedly took the cellphone away from Tao then pressed the end button. “You can’t call him now,” he said then turned the phone off.
    Tao frowned confusedly. “Why can’t I? Yah, Kyungsoo yah, what’s wrong with you? Give my phone back!” he said as he tried to take his cellphone back. He was silent for a while after he could not take it because Kyungsoo hid it hard from him. Don’t tell everything about your departure. Suddenly that line came into his mind. Whose departure? Wait! He said your departure... and he was talking to Lu-ge, so... Tao’s eyes widened. “He leaves us?” he asked weakly to Kyungsoo who frowned confusedly at his question. “You asked him not to tell me about his departure. I heard that. I heard that, Kyungsoo yah! Is he leaving us? He wants to leave us?”

***

an update! another sad scene came. it's sad isn't it?

thank you for reading this story so far

feel free to comment and criticize it~ :)