Part 11

Changing Tao

            After having dinner together, all the members were going upstairs to prepare their stuff to the practice room, except Tao. He was silently walking to the bathroom with a towel in his hand. His body was trembling when he was about to touch the doorknob, but he pulled his hand back then groaned in frustration. Why is it so hard for me to do it even when I’m about to try? he thought. Huang Zitao, believe that you can do this! I can do this! Then he opened the door and came into the bathroom without no hesitation. Without his knowledge, there was a pair of eyes watching him fron the stairs.

 

***

 

            “Suho yah, have you called Lu-ge today?” asked Lay to Suho in SuTao’s room after he packed his stuff to the practice room.

            Suho stopped packing then slapped his forehead lghtly. “I haven’t called him yet. Why? Do you want me to call him now?” he asked and Lay nodded in response. “Ok, wait...” Suho took his cellphone o his bed then dialed Luhan’s number and the loud speaker mode. There was no nswer until the call ended automatically. Suho frowned confusedly at his cellphone. “What’s wrong with him? Why he didn’t pick up my call?” he asked to Lay.

             Lay shrugged then sighed heavily. “I don’t know, but he did the same thing to me and Tao,” he answered weakly. “Suho yah, I worry about him so much and I really want to know about his current condition. What should I do now if he stays be like this to us?” he started whining and pouting at Suho.

            Suho was silent for a moment. Because of Lay’s worry, he felt worried in a sudden, but he did not know what to do either. After seconds passed, he clicked his fingers in excitement. “Why don’t we call our manager in China? He’s with Lu-ge, isn’t he?”

            “Yaaah... you’re right! Come on, call him now!” said Lay.

            Instead of calling their manager, Suho caressed his neck and grinned. “Unfortunately, I don’t have his number,” he admitted. “Oh! Let’s call our Korean manager. Maybe he knows about Lu-ge’s condition.” He started looking for their manager’s number on his phonebook then dialed it. “Hello, hyung...”

            “Oh! Suho-ssi, when will you guys arrive here? I’m waiting for you,” their manager’s voice filled the room because Suho had the loud speaker mode.

            “Yeah, we will arrive there as soon as possible. We’re still preparing. Don’t worry,” Suho answered. “Hyung, I want to ask you about Lu-ge’s condition. We have tried calling him up, but he didn’t pick up our call.”

            “Luhan? He’s getting better. In a few days, he’ll be healthy again. Don’t worry, okay?”

            Suho and Lay exchanged glances and their face looked happy after hearing their manager’s answer. “I’m glad to know that! So, when will he join us again? We’re missing him so badly.”

            “As soon as possible. We still need to let him take a rest, so he will not get a sickness again, right? Just wait for him. He’ll back.”

            “That’s good. Okay, thanks, hyung. See you soon!” Suho pressed the ended button then looked at Lay. “That was a good news, wasn’t it? We don’t have to worry about him again.”

            Lay nodded as he smiled happily in response.

            Because Lay did not say a word again, Suho started packing his stuff again. The room was silent for a while until Sehun appeared in front of them.

            “Oh! I thought Tao-ssi was in here,” Sehun said after looking into SuTao’s room. “Suho hyung, where’s Tao-ssi?”

            “I don’t know...” Suho’s face became gloomy. “Yah, where’s my baby?!”

 

***

 

            Kyungsoo sitting on the couch while drinking his tea. He waited for someone in the bathroom. He needed to take a bath before going to the practice room. He knew who was in there and he was so happy but felt weird too in the same time. I wonder what makes him do that...

            After minutes passed and the bathroom’s door opened. Kyungsoo lifted his head up to see Tao, who looked gloomy after coming out of the bathroom. He got up from the couch then approached the younger. “Tao yah, what’s happened? Did you cry?” he asked worriedly after seeing the rest of tears on Tao’s cheeks.

            Tao’s eyes widened seeing Kyungsoo in a sudden, but then he hugged the older tightly then started crying. “It was... scary...” he said in his sobbing. “I think... I think I can’t do that again in a near future...”

            Kyungsoo frowned in Tao’s embrace. “Are you talking about taking bathing alone?” he asked then the younger nodded in response. Kyungsoo sighed then pulled himself away from Tao. He looked up at Tao and smiled warmly. “Let’s go to the backyard and have talk there.”

            After Tao nodded, both of them walkedout of the house then sat on the bench in the backyard. Tao was still sobbing and Kyungsoo did not want to force him to talk about his problem, so he waited patiently. They did not know that the rest were busy looking for Tao.

            “Feel better now?” Kyungsoo asked Tao who had stopped sobbing as he caressed his back softly.

            Tao nodded weakly in response then wiped the tears on his cheeks. “Kyungsoo yah, I did that because of you,” he said in a low tone. He looked at Kyungsoo who frowned confusedly at him then he sighed. “You know, about taking bathing alone. I did that because of you, so you won’t bother me again,” he explained.

            “And making breakfast... that was because of me too?” Kyungsoo asked in surprise then nodded weakly by Tao. “Yah! I thought you wanted to stop being baby and started to be a real man,” he let a half shout as he slapped the maknae’s shoulder.

            Tao winched and rubbed his shoulder. “That hurts...” he said and looked at Kyungsoo with his teary eyes. “So, you’re not happy with what I’ve done for you?”

            Kyungsoo was silent for a moment as he looked at Tao, judging. “Honestly, I felt weird when I saw you prepared the breakfast and took a bath alone,” he admitted. “But I’m quite happy knowing that you wanted to try at least. That’s good, Tao yah! You’re a good brother,” he continued then ruffled Tao’s hair lovingly.

            Tao chuckled because of Kyungsoo’s affection to him. He’s scary, but I like him when he’s being good like this, he thought. “But,” he started pouting at the older. “I don’t want to take a bath alone again~” he whined.

            “You should try again, Tao yah! This is just the beginning. I know you can do it,” Kyungsoo encouraged Tao who already lowered his head. Seeing him like that, Kyungsoo cupped Tao’s face and lifted it. He smiled warmly at the younger. “Don’t be sad. Smile~”

            Tao was surprised being too close to Kyungsoo and his eyes seemed like to hypnotized him, so he nodded timidly then smiled awkwardly. “Kyungsoo yah, are you putting a spell on me?” he asked after Kyungsoo did not cup his face again. “Why I always do whatever you want even though I don’t want to do it?”

            Kyungsoo laughed at Tao’s questions. “You’re so silly! I’m not a witch, okay?” He got up from the bench then streched his body a little. “I need to take a bath now. Go prepare for the practice, Tao yah!”

            Tao only nodded and smiled at Kyungsoo before he left him alone.

 

***

double update! how was the story? I got the pc in a good condition, now I can update the story faster... I hope so lol

it will be ended soon, but I still don't get the idea how I will end the story

I'll work hard on this story!

I hope you can enjoy the story until this chapter

feel free to comment and criticize it

thank you for reading! *bow* :)