Part 9

Changing Tao

            Tao jumped a bit in surprise when someone had patted his shoulder in a sudden. He turned his body to face the person then he sighed in relief. “What’s up, ge?” he asked as he smiled awkwardly at Lay.

            “What’re you doing here?” Lay asked instead of answering the question. When he was about to peek in BaekChen’s room, Tao dragged him into LaySoo’s room, which was across to BaekChen’s room. “Yah! What’re you doing?” he asked again confusedly when he was being forced to sit on his bed.

            Tao chuckled awkwardly then shook his head. “Let’s just have some time in here,” he said then sat on Kyungsoo’s bed. “Ge, what’s so wrong with me?” he asked with a serious look.

            Lay frowned confusedly at the question and he was more confused with Tao’s serious look, which was rarely shown by the younger. He was silent for a while as he looked carefully at Tao from his head to toe then he shook his head. “There’s no wrong with you, Zitao yah. You look so fine as usual,” he said.

            “It’s not about my look, but…” Tao felt like something choked his throat, so he could not finish his sentence. After a while, he sighed then looked at Lay with a sad look. “It’s about… my personality,” he continued hardly. “Do you think there’s something wrong with that?”

            Lay was silent again, thinking hardly how to answer the question, and then he smiled warmly at Tao. After that, he walked toward the younger then sat next to him. “You’re a good boy. My lovely younger brother,” he answered as he caressed Tao’s back. “Do you think there’s something wrong with your personality?”

            “I don’t know,” Tao answered weakly. “But they always find it wrong.”

            “They?” Lay frowned. “Who are they?”

            “Kyungsoo, Baekhyunie hyung, Chenie hyung, and Chanyeolie hyung.” Tao was silent for a while after answering Lay’s question. He was so depressed lately because of that issue, and especially because of Kyungsoo’s act toward him. He needed to share it and he thought Lay could be the right person whom he trusted. If he shared his problem with Suho, his mommy, he would be standing for him no matter what. Even though he did something wrong, he might be still standing for him and that was why he did not want to share it with his own mommy. “They always say I should stop being baby and it’s really annoying me, ge!”

            “If that so, show them that you’re not a baby anymore.”

            “So, you think the same as them? You think I’m still a baby?!”

            “Nooo… you’re not a baby, Zitao yah. You’ve grown up,” Lay explained. “But you act like a baby often which make they upset with you. They care about you even though they did it wrongly. If you want them to stop bothering you, why don’t you grant their wish for not being a baby anymore?”

            Tao did not respond Lay’s suggestion for a while. He still processed his words then frowned confusedly at the older. “How?”

            “By taking a bath alone for example,” Lay answered. “Come on, you can do it!”

            Tao gulped nervously. He knew that time would come, but he still did not want to do it. “B-but…” he stuttered. “Th-that place is… is scary, ge… the bathroom…” Then he buried his face onto Lay’s chest while his arms hugging the older tightly. “I-I can’t…”

            “You can, Zitao yah,” Lay assured Tao as he patted the maknae’s back, giving him his strength. “Fight your fear! There’s nothing scary about taking a bath alone.” He pulled Tao’s body from him to see the younger who lowered his head. “Come on, just try it once, okay?” he asked then lifted Tao’s face.

            Tao looked at Lay deeply then nodded weakly.

            “Good boy!” said Lay happily as he ruffled Tao’s hair and the maknae smiled broadly because of his affection toward him. “Out of topic, have you called Lu-ge today?”

            Tao widened his eyes in surprise then shook his head. He took out his cellphone from his jean pocket then pressed Luhan’s number. “There were a lot of things happened, so I forgot to call him,” he said as he called Luhan. He frowned at his cellphone because Luhan did not pick up his call. “Why doesn’t he pick my call up?”

            “He did the same thing to me. That’s why I asked you,” said Lay. “I worry about him so much and his attitude makes me more worry.”

            “Let’s pray the best for him! I hope he has recovered from his illness, so he can join us as soon as possible. I miss him so badly,” Tao wished then nodded by Lay in agreement.

            Suddenly, the door was opened by someone which made both of them jump in surprise. It was Suho. He looked at them then sighed in relief. “I looked for you in every room of this house and I worried about you so much because I could not find you, but it’s okay now since I’ve found you, my baby,” he said as he approached them. “What’re you doing in here? Are you all-right?”

            Tao nodded. “I’m all-right, Mom. I’m just having a good time with my favorite gege,” he said then hugged Lay sulkily.

            Both Suho and Lay chuckled seeing Tao’s attitude.

 

***

 

            On the next morning, Kyungsoo was so surprise seeing Tao being busy preparing the food for breakfast in the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes and then even pinched his cheeks to make sure that he was not dreaming. In result, he winched in pain then rubbed his cheeks, which turned red. I’m not dreaming, he thought. It’s real!

            “Morning, Kyungsoo yah!” greeted Tao to Kyungsoo in a sudden, which made the older jumped a bit in surprise.

            “M-morning,” Kyungsoo stuttered in reply then he walked toward Tao to see what kind of food he made. “You’re making sandwiches for our breakfast?” he asked.

            Tao nodded while slicing the cheese. “I make a lot, so we can eat a lot,” he chuckled. “Why don’t you wake the others up, Kyungsoo yah? We have dance practice at ten, right?”

            Kyungsoo spontaneously looked at the clock on the wall. It was eight o’clock. “Okay, I’m going to wake them up,” he said then left Tao alone. He walked upstairs while his mind thinking what was wrong with their panda. He entered all the rooms to wake them up and it was not easy to make them awake, except Suho.

            Suho opened the door of his room when Kyungsoo was about to open it. His face looked worried and before Kyungsoo asked what had happened to him, Suho said, “My baby is gone! He’s not on his bed. Kyungsoo yah, I’m a bad mommy…” he sobbed then buried his face onto Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

            Kyungsoo caressed Suho’s back to comfort him. “He’s not gone, hyung,” he said softly. “He’s in the kitchen, preparing our breakfast.”

            Suho pulled himself to face Kyungsoo and looked at him with his eyes widened in disbelief. “My baby’s preparing our breakfast?” he repeated then nodded by Kyungsoo in response. Suho sighed in relief then he smiled widely. “It’s a miracle! Kyungsoo yah, did you ask him to help you in the kitchen?”

            Kyungsoo shook his head. “No. He woke up earlier than me,” he answered.

            Suho gasped then hold his chest with his hands with a surprised look. “I’m going to see him now!”

            “Wait!” Chen, who came out of his room in a sudded, shouted. He looked at Suho, who now stood still in his place and looked at him confusedly. “Hyung, how could you be unfair to us?! We know we were wrong and he’s your favorite brother,” he said as he pointed his index finger at Kyungsoo, who then frowned confusedly. “But you can’t be like this, hyung! We’re your brother too.”

            “He’s right!” exclaimed Baekhyun who just joined then.

            “What were you talking about? I don’t understand,” asked Suho.

            “Maybe… they’re talking about the pubishment, hyung…” Kyungsoo said weakly as he lowered his head. He felt guilty in a sudden after he remembered BaekChen scolded him last night and it was not fun.

            “Is that true?” Suho asked to BaekChen who then nodded in response. The leader sighed heavily then shook his head slowly. “I can’t believe you would do this to me now. It’s still morning, guys! At least you let me to have my breakfast first,” he said then folded his arms casually. Because he was the older among them, he was not scared of BaekChen at all.

            “But you punished us at the first time you heard our mistake! That’s not fair!” Baekhyun half shouted angrily. “You’re leader, hyung. You should be fair at us even though he is your favorite brother. He did something wrong and he is supposed to be punished too!”

            “Guys,” Kyungsoo interrupted. “I’ll be punished, okay? And stop saying I’m his favorite brother. I’m not his only favorite brother, but we are!”

            “Still he makes an excuse for you,” said Chen.

            “Okay, now what do you want?” Suho asked to BaekChen. He suddenly felt tired with this stuff and he wanted to leave them as soon as possible to check his baby up in the kitchen.

            “Just punish him now!” Baekhyun answered. “We want to know and see it by ourselves.”

            “And we hope you won’t do something unfair again,” added Chen.

            “Fine,” said Suho then looked at Kyungsoo who had lowered his head again. The leader thought hardly to find what punishment that suited with his favorite brother’s mistake. But he was so lazy to do that, so he took a shortcut. “I’ll punish you, Do Kyungsoo, for not having dinner in three days ahead,” he said. “Are you happy now, Chenie, Baekie?”

            Baekhyun and Chen exchanged glances to each other then grinned satisfiedly. They nodded in response.

            Suho sighed again after seeing their attitude. “Good! Now let me go. I’m going to check my baby and there will be no one can hold me again.”

 

***

an update!

I told you that my pc was broken and yes, it's still broken T^T

fortunately I've made this chapter half-finished long time ago, so I could finish it on my sister's lappy tonight^^

for the next chapters... guys, I hope you want to wait again and I'm sorry for asking you that continuesly T^T

feel free to comment and criticize it!

thanks for you who's still subscribing this un-finished story lol I'll work hard!^^9