Part 20

Changing Tao

    Kyungsoo had arrived in their house when he heard the noise from the kitchen, so he decided to go there. He found Chanyeol busy cooking something while humming. “Why is this house so quiet?” asked Kyungsoo as he walked toward the fridge.
    “Oh! You’re here,” Chanyeol said in surprise. “Since when you arrived? Why didn’t I hear the door opened?”
    “Because you’re too busy with your cooking,” said Kyungsoo then drank the cold water from the bottle he took out of the fridge. “Where are the others?”
    “Xiumin hyung and Chen are working out in the gym and Tao and Sehun are buying bubble tea,” Chanyeol answered as he stirred the soup. “How was your day?”
    “Not really good,” Kyungsoo sat on the chair gloomily as he put the cold bottle on his cheek. He looked at Chanyeol, who was still busy with the soup, then sighed. “By looking at your attitude, you don’t know something has happened to us, EXO, do you?”
    Chanyeol sipped the soup to taste it. I need more salt, he thought. “Something has happened?” he asked as he took the salt then put a little of it into the soup. “What’s it?”
    “It’s about Luhan hyung,” Kyungsoo was silent for a while. He did not have the heart to say it out, but Chanyeol should know about this. Be strong, Kyungsoo yah. “He has filled the lawsuit to against our company.”
    Chanyeol stopped stirring the soup then he looked at Kyungsoo in surprise. “W-what did you say? What do you mean?!” he half-shouted in disbelief. “That’s not true! You’re joking, aren’t you? That’s not funny, Do Kyungsoo!”
    Kyungsoo shook his head slowly as he looked at Chanyeol with a gloomy look. “I’m not joking at all, hyung. That’s true.”
    Chanyeol facepalmed. He felt sad and disappointed at the same time. “How could he do that? Why?” he asked in frustration.
    Kyungsoo shook his head again. “I don’t know. Now that you know about this, you should keep it as a secret from Tao. He doesn’t know about this yet.”
    “But he will be hurt more later, don’t you think so? He has a fragile heart.”
    “I know, but this is Suho hyung’s wish. Kai, Baekhyun hyung, and Lay hyung have agreed to keep it as a secret.”
    Suddenly, they heard the door opened and the voices of people. Kyungsoo initiated to meet the people, so he rushed to the doorway and found Xiumin and Chen. They looked upset while talking about something.
    “What’s up, hyungs? Why do you look so upset?” asked Kyungsoo.
    “What’s wrong with people nowadays?” Chen started complaining instead of answering Kyungsoo’s question. “We heard people talking about the possibility of Luhan hyung’s departure. They’ve misunderstood the situation! He’s hiatus because of...”
    “They talked the truth,” Kyungsoo cut.
    “What?!” Xiumin and Chen exclaimed in unison as they widened their eyes in surprise.
    “Noooo... He won’t do that! I know him well and...”
    “But it’s true, hyung,” Kyungsoo cut Xiumin’s words. “He wants to terminate his contract with our company, so...”
    “Stop it!” Xiumin shouted angrily. His face was red with anger. “I-I... I don’t want to listen it. I don’t want to believe it!” he stomped as he walked upstairs.
    “His heart must be broken in pieces,” Chen said weakly. “He used to be Luhan hyung’s close friend, so... Ah, what’s wrong with my eyes?” he chuckled as he wipped the tears on his cheeks.
    Kyungsoo approached Chen then hugged him tightly when the older started sobbing. “Let’s hope for a miracle to take him back to us,” he hoped as he caressed Chen’s back to comfort him.

***

    “I really miss this moment with Luhan hyung,” said Sehun then drank the bubble tea.
    “You just miss him, not me, huh?” asked Tao.
    Sehun chuckled. “I miss you too, okay?” he sighed. “It’s been a while we didn’t have time like this, sitting on the bench and drinking bubble tea while looking around this park peacefully.”
    Tao sighed. “Yeah, you’re right. Ah, I wish I had bought my cellphone...”
    “Ah! I don’t bring mine either,” Sehun said. “But why he didn’t pick up my calls whenever I called him. Didn’t he miss me?” he sighed. “I wonder why he did that.”
    Tao looked at Sehun who looked gloomy as he drank the bubble tea. Maybe I can tell him about Lu-ge’s new number. “Hun ah, let’s go back to our house! I’m going to show you something after we have lunch. Chanyeol hyung must have done cooking.”

***

    The situation in their house was so silent. No one talking. Xiumin fended for himself in his room and so did Chen. Chanyeol was sitting on the chair in the kitchen while waiting gloomily for Tao and Sehun. Kyungsoo was alone in the living room. When he wanted to the tv, he found two cellphones on the table. The one was Sehun’s and the other was Tao’s. Without any hesitation, Kyungsoo took Tao’s cellphone then tried to access it.
    Damn! He puts the password. He typed huangzitao, but it was error. He typed again and again then he was success after typing cutepandatao. He opened the message inbox and he was surprised when he read messages from My fave Lu-ge. How could he keep in touch with him?! Why he didn’t tell us about this?!
    While his mind being busy with his own question, Tao’s cellphone vibrated. He looked down at the screen and his eyes widened in surprise. God! Why is he calling Tao? He thought. He was silent for a while, considering to answer the call or not.

***