Part 14

Changing Tao

            “K-Krystal sunbaenim...” Tao stuttered calling Krystal in a low tone so that she could not hear his voice and she was still busy talking with Sehun.

            Kyungsoo gave a deathly stare at Tao because of his clumsiness. “Call her louder!” he whispered, threatening.

            Tao nodded weakly then cleared his throat. “Krystal sunbaemin,” he called louder and firmly.

            Krystal stopped talking to Sehun then turned her face to Tao with her eyes widened confusedly. “I’m sorry, but what did you call me?” she asked.

            Is there something wrong with the way I called her? He thought worriedly. “I-I... I called you Krys... Krystal sunbaenim,” he answered nervously.

            Krystal frowned at Tao for a while then she chuckled after realizing Tao’s nervousness. “Why are you so nervous? Am I scary to you?” she asked.

            Tao nodded innocently with his head lowered sadly. “I’m afraid that you’re mad with me because... because I called you that way,” he admitted. His eyes were teary and that was why he lowered his head. He did not want Krystal to see him like that.

            “I’m not,” said Krystal then patted Tao’s back to comfort him. “I’m not mad with you, but yeah... don’t call me like that, oppa. You can call me Krystal or Sojung. Even though I’m your sunbae, you’re older than me. You make me feel older~” she pouted cutely.

            She called me oppa?! Tao lifted up his head and saw Krystal’s pout made his heart melt. He was so happy with her friendliness which made him smile shyly then nodded. “Sojung ah, where will you go after this?” he asked, more relaxed than before.

            “Hmmm... I’ll go to the practice room and meet our manager and have a vocal practice with Luna unnie at there.” Krystal glanced at her wristwatch then gasped in surprise. “OMO! I’m gonna be late!” she exclaimed in horror then hurriedly took her stuff on the table. “I must go now. It’s nice to see you guys.”

            “Let’s go together,” Kyungsoo said as he got up from his chair. “We want to go back to practice room too, don’t we?” he asked to Sehun and Tao an then both of them nodded.

            They walked out of the shop together with Tao and Krystal walked before Kyungsoo and Sehun. They looked happy talking about something and sometimes laughed. Fortunately, no one noticed them as the idols, so they could act casually without worry.

            Sehun wanted to join them, but Kyungsoo grabbed his hand to prevent him. “Let them be together for a while,” Kyungsoo said when Sehun frowned at him.

            “Why?” Sehun asked confusedly.

            “Just let them be.”

            “Sojung ah, do you want to drop in?” asked Tao after they arrived in the second floor where EXO had a dance practice.

            “She can’t, Tao yah,” Kyungsoo answered instead of Krystal. “Don’t you remember what she said? She doesn’t have much time and she’ll be late if she doesn’t go to the practice room hurriedly.”

            Tao frowned at Kyungsoo. “Why did you answer my question? I asked Sojung, not you!” he asked irritably.

            “I’ll go in first,” Sehun interrupted as he walked to the door of the practice room.

            Krystal chuckled timidly seeing the situation. Before Kyungsoo could let a word out of his mouth, she said, “Kyungsoo oppa was right. I need to go. Let’s meet again when we have a chance. Bye!”

            Tao waved at Krystal until she disappeared from his sight then he and Kyungsoo walked to the practice room with the older walked before the maknae. Kyungsoo did not know whether Tao had come into the room with him or not, but he shut the door quite hard when he was already in the room then he heard Tao’s loud scream and it made him turn his body to check what happened with the maknae. He was surprised when he saw Tao was still outside the practice room while rubbing his forehead in pain. Kyungsoo went out of the room to comfort the maknae who started sobbing.

            “Yah, Tao yah... where does it hurt?” asked Kyungsoo worriedly as he tiptoed to reach Tao’s height.

            “Why did you do that to me? Did I do something wrong to you? Why do you always hurt me, Kyungsoo yah?! Why?” instead of answering Kyungsoo’s question, Tao started grumbling in frustration. He could not hold his temper to the older anymore.

            “Sshhh... Don’t cry, okay? A real man doesn’t cry,” said Kyungsoo when Tao’s sobbing turned into crying as he rubbed and blew up his forehead softly to ease the pain. “You’re lucky that Sojung isn’t here. What if she sees you cry?”

            “I don’t care. I can cry when I want to,” Tao said, being a stuborn and still sobbing, but he did not want Krystal to see him cry in fact, so he hoped she did not go downstairs.

            “Do you give up to be a real man? Tao yah, this is just a little accident and you shouldn’t cry like this. Your head just hit the door and it will be fine soon. Very soon. And I didn’t do that in purpose. Believe me! I’m so sorry, Tao yah... I’m so sorry,” said Kyungsoo in guilty. “Please, stop crying. Your eyes will be swollen and...”

            “So what? Why do you care about that?”

            “Yeah. Why do you care about that, Kyungsoo yah?”

            Kyungsoo gasped when he heard someone talking behind him. He knew who he was and he was afraid to turn his body to see the person. I’m doomed!

 

***

a short update~ how was the story so far? I hope you've enjoyed the story^^;

thanks for still subscribing the story and thanks for reading *bow* :)