Part 15

Changing Tao

            After the accident, Suho did not let Kyungsoo to be close with Tao for the rest of the day. He could not trust his favorite brother anymore and he did not want to hear his excuse. He just wanted to make his baby feel comfortable, so making Kyungsoo be away from Tao was the right choice he thought at the time. Kyungsoo felt so guilty toward Tao and Suho, but he could not do anything. He only looked at them sadly then walked away from them. Tao was still sobbing and started whining about his pain to Suho.

            “What’s wrong with you?” asked Lay who joined Tao and Suho. He had finished practicing the choreography with Kai then he saw Tao sobbing which made him wonder. “Did you fall in to the floor again after playing with Sehun?”

            “I’m not that childish, Lay-ge!” exclaimed Tao in frustration. He pointed at his forehead and pouted. “Kyungsoo hit me with the door. It was really hurt,” he said then took Lay’s hand and put it on his forehead.

            Lay and Suho frowned confusedly at his attitude.

            “What are you doing, baby?” asked Suho.

            “Lay-ge is a healing angel, isn’t he?” said Tao then looked at Lay with his puppy eyes. “Please, heal me, Lay-ge~ Make me feel better...” he begged.

            Lay chuckled then nodded. “Why do you believe that we could do our super powers, Tao yah?” he asked as he caressed Tao’s forehead softly and lovingly. “You know that we can’t do that and this is a real life, not a fairy tale. You’re so cute just by thinking like that,” he said the cupped Tao’s face with his free hand.

            “You make me feel like I’m a five-year-old kid,” Tao pouted and it made Lay and Suho chuckled. “Our super powers are all great! Well, I just want to believe that we can do something with that. But, ge, you really can heal me. It feels better now after you caressing my forehead. Thank you~”

            “You do really feel better, my baby?” asked Suho then nodded by Tao  in response. Suho got up from his chair then hugged Lay. “Thank you, Lay yah~ You’re really a good brother for my baby,” he said happily.

            Lay chuckled again. “Why are you two so cute? It’s okay~ I’ll do anything I can do to make anyone feel better,” he said with a broadly smile. “Tao yah, you still can’t get along well with Kyungsoo?”

            Tao felt bad after Lay asked that question then nodded in response. “I’ve tried to do anything he wanted me to do, but he always sees me wrong,” he said in a low tone as he lowered his head.

            Suho frowned at the conversation. “What are you talking about?” he asked. “What’s happened between you and Kyungsoo, baby?”

            “Oh! You haven’t told your mommy about this matter?” Lay asked in surprise.

            “I wanted to, but then I didn’t want to tell my mom about this.” Tao lifted his head up to see Suho’s face in guilty. “I’m sorry, Mom...”

            Suho sighed heavily then caressed Tao’s cheek. “It’s okay, my baby. Now tell me what happened with you and Kyungsoo.”

           Tao was silent for a moment. He still did not think that he should tell Suho about his problem with Kyungsoo. It’s our business, mine and Kyungsoo’s... he thought. But mommy wants to know. What should I do now? What will he react after I tell him everything? Will he be mad at Kyungsoo again? But I don’t want him to be like that...

            “Baby?” Suho called Tao who was zoning out instead of answering his question.

            “Huh?” Tao looked at Suho with a blank face.

            “You don’t want to tell me about it, do you?” Suho asked then Tao nodded weakly in response. He sighed again. He was curious, but he did not want to force Tao. “Then you shouldn’t tell me,” he said as he smiled a little at his baby.

 

***

 

            Tao’s cellphone was ringing when all of EXO members arrived at their house. He took out his cellphone from his coat pocket then his eyes widened after he saw the caller’s ID. Gee! Then he walked to the backyard to talk with the caller. “Hello, ge!” he greeted happily after he took a seat on the bench.

            Kris, the caller, chuckled. “Hello, panda! How’s life?”

            “It’s great because I’m talking with you now,” answered Tao and it made Kris chuckle even harder. “It’s been a while you didn’t call me. Why? Why do you just call me right now?” he started whinning and pouting.

            “I’m sorry, panda, but you know I’m busy doing my job in here,” Kris said. He felt guilty in a sudden. “And your mama... how’s he?”

            “He’s fine and really busy taking care the others, especially me. Can you come back here again, ge? I miss you...” Tao started begging. He could not hold his feelings everytime Kris called him.

            “I miss you too, panda, but I can’t. But I promise I will meet you someday,” Kris said to make Tao feel better. “By the way, I met Luhanie this afternoon in a cafe.”

            Tao’s eyes widened in surprise. “Really?! Aaaahh... I want to meet him also~” he said with jealousy. “How was he? Was he fine, ge?”

            “Yeah, he looked better and he smiled happily at me. He was so handsome and pretty and... God, I think I’m in love with him, panda!!!” Kris squealed like a teenage girl who fell in love.

            Tao frowned confusedly at Kris’s words. “Eey... what’re you talking about? You’re my daddy, okay? And you’re married with my mom.”

            “We’re divorced, remember? He kicked me out of his life since my leaving,” Kris said in a sad tone.

            Tao’s eyes widened again. He never knew about that, but he did not want to continue the topic about his family. It was just for fun anyway, nothing was real. “Now, tell me what you talked about.”

            “He said he would stay longer in here, China, for days a head and he said he missed you and Lay so much.”

            “I knew he would miss us! But why didn’t he call us if he missed us? And why he didn’t pick up our call?”

            “I asked the same thing at him, about calling you two, and he said he did not bring his cellphone along because your manager took it. He has bought a new one and he gave me his new number. He told me to share it with you and Lay.”

            “Give it to me now, ge! I want to call him as soon as possible~”

            “Tao yah, what are you doing in here?” Chanyeol asked in a sudden and it made Tao jumped a bit in surprise. He chuckled to see his reaction. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you surprise,” he said then took a seat next to him. “With whom are you talking to?”

            “You should promise me that you will not tell this to my mom, okay?” said Tao before answering Chanyeol’s question. After Chanyeol nodded, he said, “I’m talking to Kris-ge.”

            “What?! Give me your cellphone!” said Chanyeol as his hand took Tao’s cellphone from its owner. “Hello, hyung! Why do you call your panda only? You can call me too~” he started whining to Kris then turned the loud speaker mode on when Tao asked him to because the younger wanted to listen to Kris’s voice again.

            “Oh! Yeolie? Why should I call you?”

            “Of course you should! I’m your boyfriend remember?”

            Tao gasped in surprise after listening to Chanyeol’s words. “Since when you’re dating?! Yah, I don’t want to have a step mother~” he pouted then started hitting Chanyeol’s hands lightly.

 

***

aaaahhh... what did I write on this chapter?? but I hope you like the story so far ^^;

another random update again~! guys, do you think my story goes too slow? because I do T^T

feel free to comment and criticize~ I'd be happy with your response^^

thanks for reading and subscribing *bow* :)