Part 17

Changing Tao

            Kyungsoo was so surprised when he saw Tao in his room after he woke up. “What are you doing here?” he asked as he sat on his bed and rubbed his eyes.

            “Waking you up,” answered Tao with a smile on his face.

            “So, the person who shook my body is you?” Kyungsoo asked in disbelief and Tao nodded in response. “Tao yah, why did you wake up so early since yesterday? I used to be the one who should wake up earlier than everyone.”

            “Yeah, you did. Let’s make the breakfast together!” Tao pulled Kyungsoo’s hands to make him out of his bed then both of them walked downstairs to the kitchen.

            “At least you let me change my clothes,” Kyungsoo said when Tao released his grips around his hands as they arrived in the kitchen. He looked down as he caressed his pajamas. “I look bad with this,” he said gloomily.

            Tao laughed. “Then why you wore it?” he asked. “You look great, Kyungsoo yah, and I think pink pajamas with heart-shape-printed really fits on you,” he said as he pointed at Kyungsoo’s pajamas, still laughing.

            “Are you mocking on me?” Kyungsoo glared at Tao deathly.

            “I’m not~ Now...” Tao opened the fridge then looked the food and drinks inside. “What do you want to eat, Kyungsoo yah? You didn’t have dinner last night, so you must be so hungry, aren’t you?”

            “Yeah... I’m hungry,” Kyungsoo said weakly. He still could not believe with the situation. I’m in the kitchen with Tao, he thought in disbelief. And he even asked me to make breakfast together! It feels like a dream. He slapped his cheek then he winched in pain. Aw, it’s real. He rubbed his cheek softly then he heard Tao’s laughing. “What are you laughing at? My pajamas again?!” he asked angrily.

            “No~” Tao shook his head as he tried not to laugh, but he could not to and it made Kyungsoo moved closer to him, wanted to hit him on his arms. “Okay, okay... I won’t laugh again,” he chuckled before the older hit him. “You look like an idiot when you slapped your own cheek,” he said, still chuckling. “Why did you do that? You know it’d be hurt, but you still did that. I don’t know you could be that silly.”

            Yeah, and it’s all because of you, Tao yah, Kyungsoo thought irritably. “And what made you want to make breakfast again?” he asked as he folded his arms on his chest. “I thought you already gave up to be a real man.”

            Tao was silent when he heard that question then he smiled at Kyungsoo. “I’ve changed my mind,” he said. “I’m going to be someone you want and my mom has allowed me to.” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in surprise and Tao chuckled to see his response. “You don’t believe it, do you? It feels like a dream, doesn’t it? But I do really want to do this. You were right, Kyungsoo yah. I should stop being a baby.”

            Kyungsoo felt his eyes in tear and before he let a tear drop from his eyes, he blinked fastly to shoo the tear away. He smiled at Tao then pushed him into his height. “That’s good! You’re my good boy,” he said happily as he ruffled Tao’s hair lovingly. “Now let’s make the breakfast!”

            They started being busy prepared the food materials. Kyungsoo wanted to eat curry ramyun, his favorite food, so they started making it. The older took the aprons from the drawer and wore one on him then wore the other on Tao. They looked so happy while making the breakfast and they seemed like to be lost in their own world because they did not know when Baekhyun and Chen came in to the kitchen. The new comers looked at them in disbelief.

            “Guys, what are you doing?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Oh! Hi, hyung~” Tao greeted his hyungs happily.

            “What are you doing?” Chen asked, repeated Baekhyun’s question.

            “Making the breakfast, duh!” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. He boiled the water for the ramyun. “What makes you two woke up so early?” he asked curiously.

            “We’re hungry, duh!” Baekhyun copied Kyungsoo’s style. “We didn’t have dinner last night.” He came to the drawer to look for something instant to eat. “Do you want to eat ramyun, Chenie?” he asked to the younger as he shook the ramyun cup at him.

            “Anything is fine,” Chen asnwered.

            “What about I make the sandwiches for you, hyungs?” offered Tao. “We’re making curry ramyun for our breakfast and I think eating too much ramnyun is not good for your health. Or do you want some toast?”

            Kyungsoo smiled happily to see Tao’s carring to thir hyungs. He used to be a careless person and often begged someone for doing what he wanted, but now he offered a help and let him to do something BaekChen wanted. Tao started busy slicing everything he needed to make the sandwiches while BaekChen initiated themselves to make the hot chocolate for everyone. Not long after that, Tao screamed in pain and made the others came to him worriedly.

            “What’s happe... Gosh!” Chen’s eyes widened in horror to see blood on a sheet of bread. “Baekie yah, bring the band aid here!” he asked to Baekhyun who then hurriedly checked for it. “Kyungsoo yah, can you take care of his hand? I’m going to make the sandwich.”

            Without saying anything, Kyungsoo pulled Tao’s hand to the sink and clean the wound carefully. “It’s okay, it’s okay... A real man doesn’t cry, remember?” he calmed down the younger when Tao started to cry. “I know it must be hurt, but it’s just a little accident and you shouldn’t cry. It’ll be fine very soon.”

            “I got the band aid!” screamed Baekhyun as he waved the band aid. He saw Kyungsoo dried Tao’s hand then put the band aid on his wound. He felt guilty in a sudden seeing Tao cried. “I’m sorry, Tao yah...” said Baekhyun as he caressed the maknae’s back. “You wouldn’t be hurt if we didn’t ask you to make the sandwiches.”

           Tao sniffed then forced himself to smile. He did not want to make Baekhyun felt bad. “It’s not your mistake, hyung. It’s because I didn’t work carefully,” he said then tried to move his finger. “Woah, it doesn’t hurt anymore!” he exclaimed in surprise then looked at Kyungsoo with his happy face. “What did you do, Kyungsoo yah? Do you have Lay-ge’s power in you?”

            Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo frowned confusedly at Tao’s words. Even Chen stopped slicing anything for a while. Then they laughed after getting what Tao meant.

            “Eeeyy... why are you laughing?” Tao asked confusedly then walked toward Chen. “Hyung, let me continue making the sandwiches,” he said then asked the knife from the older.

            “Are you sure you can do this?” Chen asked.

            Tao nodded then he pouted at Chanyeol who came into the kitchen while stretching his body. He still remembered what he had talked to his daddy last night and he did not like it. “Morning, hyung,” he greeted the older bitterly.

            “Morning, baby~” Chanyeol greeted lovingly which made BaekChenSoo frowned at him confusedly. He ignored all the reponses then walked toward Tao. “Why do you look so bothered?” he asked as he ruffled the maknae’s hair.

            “Because you like my daddy, duh!” Tao whispered as he rolled his eyes. “I don’t know what response my mom will show you if he knows about this...”

            Chanyeol’s eyes widened in horror. “Please, don’t tell this to him,” he begged. “He will think I’m a betrayer and I don’t want him to hate me. It’s scary, you know?”

            “I know, so stop liking my dady,” Tao asked. “I only can accept you as my older brother, not my other mom. It doesn’t suit you anyway, being a mother.”

            Chanyeol laughed. “I was just kidding, baby. I like playing around with him. That’s it! Nothing’s real,” he said then dragged Tao away and asked for the knife. “Let me do this and go waking up the rest.”

            Tao shrugged the left the kitchen. He hoped what Chanyeol has said was true. By the way, it’s not his mistake for falling in love with my daddy, he thought. It’s my daddy’s mistake for being so handsome.

 

***

another random update! I don't know why I can't stop making this kind of scene and I'm sorry for making Tao-ge hurt again and again... orz

my writing is so slow, isn't it? T^T

I remember I once said I wanted to end the story asap but I didn't because I still don't have idea to end this... orz

I hope you've enjoyed reading the story so far^^;

feel free to comment and criticize it :)