Part 24

Changing Tao

            (Flashback)

            Tao was awaken by the ring of his cellphone. He groaned because he was still sleepy, but his eyes went wide when he read the caller’s ID. Kris-ge! It’s a video call! He hurriedly pressed the answer button then Kris’ face came out. “Kris-ge!” he shouted happily to the older.

            Kris smiled as he waved at Tao. “Hi! Wait! Why do you look so awful?”

            “Oh!” Tao exclaimed then fixed his hair with his fingers. “I just woke up. Do I look better now?” he asked.

            “Not really. Your eyes are swollen and... Gosh! Were you crying?!” Kris half-shouted in disbelief when he saw Tao clearly.

            “I did, but...”

            “Why were you crying? Do you have a problem? Tao yah, you know you can share your problem. I’ll help you.”

            Tao was so toucehd by Kris’ words. He encouraged himself to tell everything to the older. Be strong, Tao yah. “It’s about Lu-ge,” he answered weakly. “Have you found out the news, ge?”

            Kris was silent for a moment then nodded. “It must be hard for you.”

            “Yeah, and it’s hard for the others too,” Tao said. “Even though we have felt this feelings, the moment when you left us, but it’s still hurt a lot. Ge, I miss him...” he started to sob as he looked down. “I don’t even have courage to confirm the news to him because I don’t want to believe that it’s true. But it’s true...”

            “Tao yah, don’t cry...”

            Tao’s eyes widened when he heard the familiar voice. It was not Kris. The he lifted up his face and he saw Luhan who was standing next to Kris. The older looked so worried when he looked at him. “Lu-geee...” and he could not hold his feelings again. He started to crying. “Why did you do this? Ge, I miss you... I want you to be here with us. Please... come back...”

            Luhan’s heart was broken into pieces to see the crying Tao and it made him cry too, but he quickly wiped the tears. “Please, Tao yah... don’t cry, okay?”

            “You too. Don’t cry, Hanie...” Kris said as he hugged Luhan’s shoulder with his free hand. He tried hard not to cry even though he wanted to. It was sad to see Tao and Luhan crying.

            “Tao yah, I’m so sorry for what I’ve done to you and the others. I’m a bad brother. You must hate me right now,” Luhan said after he finished crying.

            “I don’t hate you, ge,” said Tao. He sniffed and wiped the tears with his free hand. “I just want you to be happy. I can accept your decision, but it’s hard. I need a lot of time.”

            “I’m so sorry, Tao yah,” Luhan said in guilty. “Now that I’m not with you, can I ask you something?” he asked then Tao nodded in response. “As you said before, it’s hard for you for accepting my leaving, but please, move on. Don’t be sad a lot. Life must go on, Tao yah. You can’t be sad forever. It’ll waste your time. Be happy for me, okay? And take care of yourself well. You’ve grown up. Don’t bother your brother with your whinning, sulking, and begging,” he was silent for a moment then chuckled. “I ask too much, don’t I?”

            “Nooo... it’s okay, ge. You’re right,” said Tao then sighed. “I’ll do that.”

            “Good boy! Aaah... I wish I could ruffle your hair now.”

            “And I wish I could hug you,” Tao pouted. “By the way, are you living together in a house?” he asked curiously.

            Kris and Luhan chuckled timidly. “We’re not. I just drop in, Tao yah,” Kris answered. “Why were you asking me that qusetion?”

            “Because you said you fell in love with Lu-ge.”

            “What?!” Luhan’s eyes widened in shock as he looked at Kris who acted weird in a sudden. “Tell me that it’s wrong.”

            “No. I won’t tell you a lie, ge,” Tao answered instead of Kris.

            Kris groaned then looked at Tao. “Can you just stop, Tao yah?” he asked then turned his face to Luhan. “We’ll discuss about it later, okay?”

            “I think you two look good together.”

            “Tao yah, stop it!” exclaimed Kris and Luhan in unison.

            Tao laughed. “It’s good to see you guys and I hope I could see you often.”

            “We can do a video call again. Just call us! And we’ll call you when we miss you, right, Kris?”

            Kris nodded. “Oh! Don’t you hear that, Tao yah? Someone’s knocking on the door. Why don’t you open it?”

            Tao sighed. “It’s Kyungsoo.”

            “Then why don’t you meet him? Do you have problem with him?”

            “You can say so.”

            “Try to get along well with him, Tao yah,” said Luhan. “You guys share the same age. There are a lot of thing in common that can be talked to each other. Then you can be close with him. Kyungsoo is a good person, Tao yah.”

            “He is, but not with me,” Tao scoffed. “I don’t understand why he always sees me wrong. It’s frutrating me, ge,” he pouted.

            “It needs a lot of time too I guess, but it’s okay, Tao yah. I’m sure you two can get a long well sooner or later.”

            Tao sighed. “I hope so.”

            “Then what are you waiting for?” asked Kris. “Open the door and face him. We’ve talked a lot. Let’s talk again later!”

            (Flashback end)

 

***

 

                        “I talked with Kris-ge and Lu-ge after I woke up from my nap,” Tao said after recalling the moment he talked to his Chinesse brothers. “Kris-ge called me up and then Lu-ge showed him up. They were together when we did a video call. Then Lu-ge told me not to be sad again.” And he said I should get along well with you, he thought. “I need you to face this hardship, Kyungsoo yah. I can’t face it by myself.”

            “Without you ask it, I’m going to help you no matter what,” said Kyungsoo.

            Tao’s eyes widened. “Really?” he asked.

            Kyungsoo nodded then he sat on his bed. “But you should promise me that you wouldn’t take back your words again!”

            “I would not~” Tao chuckled. “Kyungsoo yah, can I cuddle up with you?”

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened to hear Tao’s request. “What?! NO! You have that doll. Just cuddle up with that!”

            “But I can’t sleep if I don’t cuddle up with someone,” Tao pouted as he looked at Kyungsoo with his pleading eyes. “I’m still feeling bad too, so pleaseee~ let me cuddle up with you~”

            Kyungsoo was silent for a moment then nodded. He could not say no if Tao looked at him like that. “Come here!” he said as he patted his bed.

            Tao got up from Lay’s bed and left his panda doll on there then he sat on Kyungsoo’s bed. When Kyungsoo laid himself, Tao started cuddling up with him. “Thank you,” he said happily as he closed his eyes.

            “Just don’t ever do this again,” said Kyungsoo in response. “This is the first and the last time we can cuddle up like this.”

          Tao opened up his eyes then looked at Kyungsoo with his lips pouting. “Why do you always treat me badly?” he whinned. “Ah! I forget something I should do before sleeping!” he exclaimed in a sudden.

            Kyungsoo frowned confusedly. “But you’ve taken a bath and…” his words were stopped because Tao had landed hhis lips on his and it made the older shock. When Kyungsoo was about to pull the younger away, Tao broke the kiss. “W-what are you thinking you’re doing?!” he asked angrily. He could feel his face heat because of the anger and embarrassement.

            “I give you my goodnight kiss, duh!” answered Tao carelessly. “I always do that with my mom. Why? You don’t like it?” he asked innocently.

            “Of course I don’t! Yah… you’re a man and so I am! How could you…”

            Tao frowned at Kyungsoo. “Don’t tell me you never kissed a man before!” he warned then he went silent to wait for Kyungsoo’s response. His eyes widened because the older did not let a word out of his lips, so he thought that Kyungsoo never kissed before. “Gosh! So I’m the first person who has kissed you? I stole your first kiss?”

            Kyungsoo blushed and he felt his body tensed. “Let’s just sleep,” he said.

            “But your lips are so great! Kyungsoo yah, can I kiss you again?” Tao teased.

            “Stop it! Or I’ll kick you out of my bed,” Kyungsoo threatened.

            Tao only chuckled in response then started cuddling up again.

 

***

 

            It was already a month passed after Luhan’s departure news came up. As he had promised to Luhan, Tao was not all sad after the day they called each other and he learnt well how to be a real man from Kyungsoo. He whinned, begged, and sulked less than before and he was not really scared of bathing alone, eve though there were still times he was not used to doing that and kept asking Sehun to accompany him. Tao and Kyungsoo slowly getting along well after that and everyone in the house noticed it, especially Sehun, and it made the maknae of K unit a bit jealous.

            “You used to be with me! Why do you always tag him along with us, Tao-ssi?! You’re all mine!” Sehun pouted and folded his arms onto his chest after stomping on the floor angrily.

            “Come on, Hun ah… Don’t be jealous~” Tao pleaded with his aegyo then he grabbed Sehun’s hands and caressed them.

            “Yeah, why are you so childish lately, Hun ah?” asked Kyungsoo. “Do you need a lecture from me about how to be a real man?” he teased and it made Sehun glare at him.

            “Oh, come on… Stop it, guys!” Tao cut. “Hun ah, let’s go buy bubble tea!”

            “Okay, but you can’t tag him along with us again this time!”

            “Like I care~”

            And then TaoHun left Kyungsoo alone watching tv in the living room. Shortly after that, Chanyeol came with a bowl full with potato chips. “Oh! I thought you were with Tao and Sehun,” he said as he sat next to Kyungsoo.

            “I was,” Kyungsoo said as he took a chip then ate it. “They left me for bubble tea.”

            “Why don’t you go with them?”

            “Sehunie did not want me. You know he’s being possessive over Tao lately.”

            “That’s because he’s jealous with you,” said Chanyeol as he gave Kyungsoo a naughty smile. “Everyone in here knows that you two start to get along well lately. It’s good, but don’t monopoly him.”

            “I don’t! Gosh, what should I? Oh, come on…” And then suddenly Baekhyun and Chen came into the living room and gave Kyungsoo a big hug which made the younger confuse. “What’s with the situation? Guys, are you high?”

            “Yah… we’re congratulating you right now,” Chen said as he tightened the hug.

            “Congratulating for what? Oh! Can you just stop breaking my back? It’s hurt!”

            Baekhyun and Chen chuckled as they broke the hug. “We’re congratulating for your success mission,” answered Baekhyun then he sat next to Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo frowned confusedly. He still did not get any idea with what they were talking about. “What mission?” he asked curiously.

            “About changing Tao. He’s not being a baby lately, but he still acts cute… but that’s not a big problem. Because of you, he can take a bath alone and wake up earlier to help preparing the breakfast.”

            “And he can through the hardship well because of you,” Chen added. “You’re jjang!”

            Kyungsoo chuckled then shook his head. “If it were not because of Tao’s strong will, I could not help him either. I just help him, okay?”

            “Don’t be too humble~” said Chanyeol as he ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair.

            “Ah! Don’t mess up with my hair or I’ll hit you!” Kyungsoo threatened.

            “OMO! I’m scared~” said Chanyeol with a teasing tone that made Baekhyun and Chen laughed.

 

***

Finally the story’s ended. I hope you like the ending ^^;

Sorry for making you waiting for it so long, I just have the chance to post it now T^T

I would like to thank to my subbies and the readers who are still subscribing and reading this until it’s completed. You’re all jjang!!!

And for you who have given your lovely comments. You helped me a lot!!!

And for you who have upvoted, big thanks!!!

I’m sorry for the grammatical error(s) and typo(s) in the story, I’m still learning ^^;

Let’s meet again in my other story~ I’m planning to make KrisHan fiction, but I’m not sure when I will start it. Is anyone in here interested in KrisHan?

After I wrote this TaoSoo story, I met another TaoSoo’s shippers and it made me feel I’m not the one who realized them because their moment is so expensive T^T let’s hope they’ll be more close to each other on camera >w<

Okay, I type a lot lol… now it’s time to say good bye T^T)/

And feel free to comment and criticize this story~^^

Thanks for reading~ *bow* ^o^