Part 3

Changing Tao

            Tao whined when someone shook his body to wake him up. “I want to sleep more~ please, leave me alone, mom~” he said then tighter the blanket around him. He was so sure that the person was Suho, his mommy-like brother, but he was wrong.

            “I’m not your mommy, Tao yah. Come on, get up!”

            After hearing the response, Tao got up then looked at the person angrily. He even threw his favorite panda doll toward him. “What’s wrong with you? Can’t you just set me free?! Kyungsoo yah, please, stop bothering me~” he blamed in frustrated tone.

            “I will set you free, but after I change you into a real man,” Kyungsoo said then took of the blanket from Tao. “I’ll teach you how to cook today.” Without his knowledge, the younger chuckled and it made Kyungsoo frown in confuse. “What’s so funny?”

            “Seriously… what’s the correlation of cooking and being a real man? Are you sure it’s not about how to be a househusband?” Tao asked in sarcasm.

            “Oh, yes, of course, because the real man should know how to cook, even just a bit.” Kyungsoo pulled Tao’s hand to get him up. “Come on, we don’t have more time because I should go to take a vocal practice at ten.”

            “Then just leave! I don’t need your lecture about how to cook anyway,” Tao said. “Don’t waste your time on me, okay?”

            But Kyungsoo never wanted to listen at any excuse Tao made. He already wanted to help the younger to be a real man, so he insisted Tao to follow him to the kitchen and there they met Suho and Sehun, who had late breakfast together. “Morning!” he greeted simply to them then he pushed Tao to stand beside him. “We are going to make a simple dish, sandwich. Look how I’m going to make it.”

            Tao only mumbled a yes then he looked at Kyungsoo’s hands. After minutes passed, Tao got a turn to make a sandwich for him. He never cooked before so his hands were trembling while making it. Finally, he could smile broadly after the sandwich had done. “It looks so yummy!” he exclaimed happily.

            “What are you guys doing?” asked Suho after finishing his food. He looked at a sandwich Tao made. “Woah, it looks pretty!”

            “Really?” asked Tao in happy tone and he even felt happier after seeing Suho nodded. “I made it by myself,” he said proudly then pointed his index finger at Kyungsoo. “And this short guy has taught me how to make it.”

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened after hearing the way Tao called him and when he was about to pulled Tao’s shoulder down to his height and wished he could strangle the taller, Suho patted his shoulder and said, “Thanks for teaching my baby how to make his own breakfast, Kyungsoo yah. You’re really a good brother to my baby,” The leader smiled warmly at Kyungsoo and the younger blushed at the compliment.

            “Tao-ssi, can you make one for me, please?” asked Sehun, who already joined them. “The sandwich looks so yummy and I want to eat it too.”

            “Okay! I’ll make one for you, Hunie,” said Tao happily. “Mom, do you want to eat sandwich too?” he asked to Suho.

            Suho shook his head. “Sorry, my baby, I want to but I’m full now. You can make one for me next time,” he answered. “Kyungsoo yah, have you prepared for the vocal practice?”

            Kyungsoo nodded as he munched his sandwich. “I only need to wait for manager hyung to pick me up,” he said then looked at how Tao made another sandwich. “Yah, Tao yah, don’t you put the meat a lot? Put the vegie also!”

            “Let him be, hyung,” said Sehun as he looked at the sandwich Tao made. “You know exactly my favorite, Tao-ssi. Don’t forget to put an extra mayonnaise too~”

            Tao squealed a yes while Kyungsoo frowning as he looked at the maknaes.

 

***

 

            “Sehunie, let’s take a bath together~”

            Kyungsoo stopped checking his stuff in his bag after hearing Tao’s words. He never learnt his lesson! He thought irritably then went into SeKai’s room, the place where TaoHun were. “Did Tao ask you to join him bathing, Hunie?” he asked to the point.

            Sehun nodded in response. “He always asks me to join him bathing. Why do you look upset, hyung? Is there anything wrong?” he asked after seeing Kyungsoo’s face, which was redden. Sehun took out his towel from the hanger then pushed Tao out of the room with him behind the older.

            Kyungsoo frowned in confuse for being left alone by the maknaes. “Yah! Where are you going?” he asked while Taohun keep on walking away from him.

            “Bathroom,” answered Sehun simply. “We’re going to take a bath.”

            “No way!” Kyungsoo exclaimed then rushed to the bathroom. He opened his arms wide when Tao was about to open the door. “You can’t take a bath together again from now on!” he said firmly.

            “Why?” asked Sehun in confuse while Tao looking at Kyungsoo with his upset look.

            “Because this one guy should learn how to take a bath alone,” Kyungsoo answered as he pointed his index finger at Tao. “So, Hunie, if you want to help him too, you shouldn’t take a bath with him.”

            Sehun looked at Kyungsoo and Tao then shrugged. “It’s okay. You can use the bathroom first, Tao-ssi,” he said then left them to his room again.

            “Hunie yah, wait!” exclaimed Tao, but Sehun kept on walking. He looked at Kyungsoo in anger. “Can you just stop, Kyungsoo yah?! You’re annoying me!”

            “I can’t,” Kyungsoo answered firmly then folded his arms.“Now, I’m going to make sure of myself that you’re going to take a bath alone.”

            Tao groaned after hearing Kyungsoo’s word and when he was about to call Suho, someone came into their house. He smiled broadly then rushed into the person. “Manager hyung~ you come here to pick Kyungsoo up, don’t you?” he asked as he clutched his arms into their manager.

            The manager nodded then looked at Kyungsoo. “Come on, Kyungsoo yah, we don’t have time to waste!” he said.

            Kyungsoo looked at the clock on the wall then groaned. “I’m going to take my bag first,” he said weakly then walked upstairs. He failed again to do his mission. But this is not the end! He thought. He came into his room then took his bag. He saw the door of SeKai’s room opened widely and he saw Sehun playing his cellphone and Kai sleeping peacefully beside him. “Hunie,” he called, made the maknae looked at him with a questioned look. “You should promise me that you won’t join Tao bathing anymore, okay?”

            “But what if he insists me? You know, I can’t stand with his whining, hyung.”

            “Just threat him then,” Kyungsoo answered. “Tell him that I’ll strangle his neck if you guys take a bath together. No excuse, Hunie! You should help me to make him take a bath alone since he’s not a baby anymore.” After seeing Sehun nodded at his words, he left him after saying a good bye. He could see Tao smiled widely after he passed him and he stared at the younger as a feedback.

            “Go safely, Kyungsoo yah~ Manager hyung, please take care of him~” said Tao before both of them went out of the house.

            Kyungsoo only stared at Tao.You can’t smile any longer when I get home, Tao yah. You’ll die, he thought then followed their manager’s steps behind.

 

***