Part 12

Changing Tao

            “So, when will you talk to Suho hyung about his baby’s childness?” Chen asked to Kyungsoo when they were in the car while waiting for the others.

            Kyungsoo stopped reading the article on his cellphone to see Chen’s serious face and he shrugged in response then continued reading the article.

            Chen was quite upset with Kyungsoo’s response, so he slapped his shoulder lightly. “Yah, how could you give that response? I’m older than you anyway!”

            “So what?” asked Kyungsoo as he looked at Chen with a fierce look. “Why do you care about Tao so much? Is he your baby or what?”

            “Come on… we agreed that he needed to stop being a baby. Why are you standing on his side now all of the sudden? Is he your baby or what?

            “Yes, he’s MY lovely BABY panda. I’m Suho hyung’s favorite brother and Tao is his baby, so I’m his uncle and he’s my nephew. That’s our relationship!”

             Chen could not hold his laughter after hearing Kyungsoo’s answer and his expression was so serious when he explained it to him that made Chen laugh even harder. “You’re talking nonsense!” he said after stopping laughing. “I know that you care about Tao so much, but don’t let him make you weak with his begging, sulking…”

            “Hyung, you know me so well, okay?” cut Kyungsoo. “I’m not that kind of person. I’m stronger than you think and you don’t have to worry about me.”

            “Then why are you on his side now? You should talk to Suho hyung, so he will understand us and won’t punish us again if his baby protests us.”

            “I’m not on his side. I’m just…” Kyungsoo was silent for a while because he was too confused to continue it. “He has changed a little, so I don’t want to force him too much. You know exactly what I mean, don’t you? I’m talking about when he prepared the breakfast this morning. It was nothing, but it was something for a person called Tao,” he finally could continue his words. “And you know what? He has bathed alone!”

            Chen’s eyes widened and his mouth agape in surprised because of Kyungsoo’s statement. “Are you kidding me? We’re talking about him, aren’t we? You said… he had bathed alone?!”

            “Who has bathed alone?” asked Suho in a sudden when he got in the car with Xiumin and Baekhyun.

            “Are you talking about Tao?” added Xiumin who took a seat next to Suho, who was in charge of driving the car.

            “Really?” asked Baekhyun as he looked at Chen and Kyungsoo in surprised.

            Kyungsoo frowned at the new comers then shook his head lazily. “I don’t want to talk about it again. Let’s just go to the practice room,” he said then started reading the article again.

            Chen, who paid attention at Kyungsoo’s attitude from beginning, started wondering what Kyungsoo looked on his cellphone and why he was so serious looking at it. He tried to peek in, but Kyungsoo, who sat next to him, covered it with his shoulder. “What are you reading, Kyungsoo yah?” he asked when the car was going smoothly on the road. He had seen a tittle and a long paragraph on Kyungsoo’s cellphone and he guessed it might be an article or something written.

            “Nothing,” Kyungsoo answered simply while his eyes were on his cellphone.

            Of course, Chen did not believe at Kyungsoo’s answer, so he gave a sign to Baekhyun, who sat next to Kyungsoo, to take the cellphone away and the older nodded in response. He hurriedly took Kyungsoo’s cellphone and hid it behind his back and Chen grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands that wanted to take the cellphone back. The chaos was started.

            Xiumin, who tried to sleep, was bothered by them of course. “Guys, can you be nice for an hour? Just stop the noise, okay? I want to sleep,” he asked with his eyes closed.

            “And I need to focus. I’m driving,” added Suho.

            “Hyung, tell them to give me my cellphone back!” Kyungsoo asked in a half shout as he tried to release his hands from Chen, but he failed because the older grabbed his hands tightly. “That hurts!” he groaned at Chen.

            Instead of giving a response to Kyungsoo, Chen asked Baekhyun to see what was on his cellphone. “Baekie yah, hurry!” he said.

            Baekhyun started lookin at the screen of Kyungsoo’s cellphone and he seemed a bit shock after reading a title of an article. He stretched the cellphone out which made Chen confused and Kyungsoo used that moment to release his hands then took his cellphone back. The atmosphere suddenly became quiet.

            “What’s wrong at the back, guys?” asked Suho curiously.

            “What’s that? What did he read?” instead of answering Suho’s question, Chen questioned Baekhyun who was flustered in a sudden after reading something on Kyungsoo’s cellphone.

            Baekhyun was silent for a moment because he did not know how to start it, then he sighed heavily. “He read an article about Luhanie hyung and…” he paused as he bit his lower lip. He seemed he did not want to continue his hanging sentence.

            “And then?” Chen asked for more answer.

            “It’s about the possibility he wants to follow Kris hyung’s choice or not,” instead of Baekhyun who should answer the question, Kyungsoo answered it casually.

            “What?!” Chen asked in surprised. “Kris hyung’s choice? Leaving us?”

            Kyungsoo nodded. “That’s all what they typed on here,” he said. “It’s because his absences in our tour and else.”

            “But it was because of his sickness! Our company has told everyone that he was sick and he is, so he can’t catch up our schedule with us. What’s wrong with people nowadays?”

            “Guys, it’s just a rumor,” Suho interrupted to calm down the situation. “Our manager said that Lu-ge had been better. He will join us again as soon as possible. He’ll be back.”

            “How could you know about that, Suho yah?” asked Xiumin.

            “I called our manager this morning and asked him about Lu-ge’s condition and he said so. If you don’t believe me, you can ask Lay. He was with me and he heard what our manager had said to me.”

            “I believe you, hyung,” Baekhyun said as he leaned on the seat. “Why did you read that silly article anyway? It turns me down,” he slapped Kyungsoo’s shoulder lightly and the younger only grinned in response.

 

***

 

            In meantime, but in the other car, Tao was smiling broadly after listening at Lay who told him about Luhan’s current condition. “I’m glad that he’s getting better,” he said happily. “I want to meet him as soon as possible!” He turned his face to the sleeping Kai then shook the younger’s hand to wake him up.

            “Huh? What’s happened?” Kai asked in a hoarse tone with his eyes half-opened.

            “Kai yah, can you teleport me to Lu-ge’s place? Please~” Tao started begging.

            Kai groaned in response. “Seriously… hyung, you woke me up because you wanted me to teleport you?” he asked and nodded by Tao in response.

            Lay and Chanyeol laughed while Sehun busy playing a game on his cellphone.

            “Tao yah, if he had had that power, he would not have been here,” said Chanyeol in driver seat.

            Tao pouted. “But I hope he really had that power,” he said then his eyes widened in excitement. “Where’s my bag?” he asked as his eyes roamed the car.

            “It’s under your feet, isn’t it?” Lay answered hesitantly.

            Tao lowered his body to reach his bag then took out his cellphone and started to dial someone. 

            Sehun, whose game was over, accidentally stopped his eyes on Tao through the mirror and he frowned. “Who are you calling, Tao-ssi?” he asked curiously.

            “I’m calling Kris-ge,” Tao answered.

            The others, except Kai who had slept peacefully, were so surprised with his answer.

            “Why do you call him up in a sudden?” asked Chanyeol.

            “Because I want to ask him to take me out of here and put me in Lu-ge’s place. Maybe he can use his power this time. He can fly, can’t he?”

            And everyone, except Kai, was laughing so hard at Tao’s answer. They thought that the maknae of M unit was trying to give a joke, but he did not. He really wished Kris could do something with his super power.

 

***

I got the feeling to write this, but I'm sorry if you don't like to read this chapter. it's sensitive, I know, but this part has a corelation with the story so yeah... By the way, the story on this chapter was pretty random, wasn't it? lol sorry if you don't like it, but I'm random too and maybe I'll write something random again >.<"

thank you for you who have read the story until this chapter and subscribe it and comment it and upvote it lol *bow*

I hope you have enjoyed the story...^w^

feel free to comment and criticize it~ :)