Snickers and Mars

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal let out an exasperated sigh after she slammed down her pen onto the desk with a beguiling smile. She lifted her head to find everyone else tapping away on their cell phones or whispering in groups, hoping Mr. Lau wouldn't notice the troublemakers. What? I'm the only one left? Damn. Krystal quickly slid out of her chair and handed in her paper to the strict teacher sitting at his desk, the glasses poised on the tip of his nose, a walking stick accompanying his briefcase, and a water gun fully loaded to squirt any student that dared to defy his rules. " Thank you," Krystal humbly bowed and took her seat while Mr. Lau didn't even glance at the paper she had dropped onto the desk.

He shut the book with a loud bang making Krystal jump in her seat while the other students didn't seem to have an effect. " Next time, please be aware of your surrounding's Ms. Jung as we all," he gestured towards the aloof students, " have been waiting for an extra five minutes." Wow, an extra five minutes? He could have finished reading one more page! Humiliation was taking over as her cheeks burned up but (she) decided that she wouldn't let it get to her.

Krystal took in count that he was speaking to her and she was quick to apologize. Mr. Lau left her with a right hook and began to lecture the class. " Do you have any idea how bored I was? I'd much rather listen to that old fart lecture away than sit in complete and utter silence," Kai's voice rung to her right and she turned her head to stare at him. He wasn't sugarcoating his words and was speaking in a normal tone, not a hushed one, which scared Krystal as Mr. Lau might have heard the harsh statement.

She brought a finger to her lips, then pantomimed a knife slitting and pointed at Mr. Lau's back. " You'll get us both in trouble," she whispered. Kai certainly was not afraid of being caught as he rest his hands behind his head and watched Krystal with ease. " What? That old fart scares you?" There was a twinkle in his eye and he enjoyed watching her squirm uncomfortably in her seat. " Yes, he does. Now can you stop talking?" She replied. The girl had learned to become a bit more confident with the Kim boys as an eventful month had passed since she first moved in.

A lopsided smirk emerged onto his face. " What will you do to make me stop?" he asked. She set him with a glare but didn't do a very good job as he was unfazed. " Tell me." He urged her with that smirk of his. " What are you willing to do so I don't have to," he put air quotes up around the words " 'trouble' you anymore?" To watch the girl who lived in his house get all hot and bothered was just one way of enjoyment for Kai- the other being skateboarding, or messing around with Sulli.

Krystal turned away without giving an answer but Kai pushed on. " Come on, tell me,"

" No."

" Yes."

" Stop."

" I won't."

" Shut it," Krystal finally snapped but by then the damage had been done. Mr. Lau's thunderous voice rang piercingly in Krystal's and Kai's ears. " After Uni, today, community service on our streets for two hours as detention." He scanned the two from his rimmed glasses with disgust and then turned back to the book. " Don't think about skipping it and having your father call in, Mr Kim, because I won't tolerate it." He warned Kai and the boy gritted his teeth. , well there goes my plan.

Krystal couldn't believe her ears. Detention? At university? Since when did they have that rule? Only high school's had detention, right? She ignored Kai and he tried bothering her for the remainder of class time.

 

L stretched his arms over his head and yawned. He sat in the computer lab next to Suzy who ranted off about her experience at the mall with an employee who could not find her favorite shade of lipstick (Heartthrob) because she had just begun working there. Off course Suzy had her fired right away after creating a dramatic scene as she proudly spoke to L about it. If the boy had actually heard the story, he would have argued about her insensitivity to others feelings. But luckily he wasn't; L had zoned off once again. He tended to that every time she opened to talk to him. 

Their relationship was solely based on social power and on the fact that Suzy loved L but he didn't want to break her heart. A chattering in the distance made his ears perk up as the name 'Krystal' showed up. Seulgi and Krystal had entered the computer lab to discuss about a new pen pal Seulgi had recently begun talking to. " So is he hot or not?" Krystal was straightforward and Seulgi rushed to shut the girl up. 

" Not really..." Seulgi replied nonchalantly but Krystal didn't believe her. She gave Seulgi a look. " Okay, fine," the girl gave in. " He's mega hot. He's got this adorable set of dimples you just want to get lost into," Seulgi explained and a dreamy look set into her eyes. Krystal snapped her finger to bring her friend down from cloud seven.

" The only thing that bothers me is that I haven't set my profile picture yet so he has no clue about my looks!" Seulgi complained and Krystal got the perfect idea. " Why don't we have someone photograph you? You know," Krystal was excited. " The photos that can make you seem like they were taken in a professional studio when really it is just the camera that matters?" She already had the right person in mind for the job.

Seulgi seemed a bit nervous but agreed to the ridiculous plan anyway. " So, tell me again if you are completely in love with Henry or not?" Krystal teased and Seulgi once again moved to shut the girl up with a laugh b from inside of her. 

L didn't know if he had heard the conversation correctly but somehow he wanted it to be true. He wanted to see Krystal and divulge himself into the childish plan. He just wanted to have some fun.

Besides, Suzy was boring him to tears and L never cried. " Hey babe, didn't you have your modeling evaluation yesterday? I thought the results were supposed to come today," L informed his girlfriend and Suzy freaked. " Oh my god, I totally forgot!" She gathered her stuff and her purse, then leaned down to give L a quick smooch to which he protested but ended up kissing her lips anyway. She ran out the computer lab in a flurry and L instantly felt a bit better. She was close to what some called a gag mask. She was constantly on L's case about her problems, her past relationships, her achievements etc. She hadn't even known L had a step-brother until two months after they had begun dating. 

Bae Suzy didn't give a damn about L's life. She just wanted him in her life. L opened up his backpack and brought out his camera, ready to scroll through the pics from the trip to Yongpyong. He wanted to upload the best ones with his friends and make a slideshow and gift it to them after graduation. So far, he had collected more than five thousand photos of the gang together. He cherished those boys and would do anything for them. " Oh perfect," Krystal was surprised to see L in the computer lab as well. She pulled Seulgi by the arm and made her sit in Suzy's vacant seat. " Can you photograph my friend for me?" She asked. 

L snickered and shook his head. " Why should I?" he asked Krystal. Ugh, both the Kim boys are exactly alike. " I'll do your laundry for a week," Her offer was too tempting to give up for the lazy boy so he complied and Krystal instantly hi-fived Seulgi. " I'm going to go change and get freshened up." Seulgi told the duo. L's expression quickly changed. " Wait, how long are you going to take?"

" Maybe about forty minutes?"

" Oh, hell no." L got ready to flee but Krystal wagged a finger in his face and grabbed his arm so he couldn't leave. She then waved her hand at Seulgi. " Go quickly before he tries to escape," Seulgi rushed out the door to leave an annoyed L and a happy Krystal. 

He looked at her. " What do you expect me to do for forty minutes?" Krystal didn't have an answer for him. " There's a computer, knock yourself out!" She suggested. L couldn't believe it so he settled on scrolling through the pictures. After a minute, he looked around the computer lab to find it completely empty except for him and the stubborn girl seated beside him. He had a wicked idea. " Or, I could just..." L leaned forward until his face was very close to Krystal's. " We are the only ones left. I think forty minutes should be enough, don't you think?" The glint in his eyes scared Krystal a bit and she moved her rolling chair back and kept going until it was backed up against the wall with L looming over her. He brushed some hair out of her face and got down to her level. " What do you say?"

She had no idea so she flicked his forehead and he scowled at her. " Don't be stupid Kim Myungsoo," she shuffled through her bag for food but found none. L on the other hand was frustrated that she hadn't been too bothered by his trick. " I'm hungry." She stated the obvious and L rolled his eyes.

" I don't have money either," she continued, waiting for sympathy from him.

" And I'm cold too."

L finally seemed to take notice of her words and put down his camera. " What did you say?" he asked and she groaned loudly. " I really am in the mood for some Gyerang Bbang (Egg McMuffins). Let's go get some while we wait for Seulgi to return."

" And why should I accompany you?" he retorted.

" Yah, please!" Her stomach growled that moment and L got the giggles whereas Krystal tried to hush the noise down. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared her in the eyes. " Show me some Aegyo then," he declared and left Krystal gaping like a fish out of fresh water. " Are you crazy? No." If there was one thing in the world Krystal couldn't do, it would have been the act of trying to be cute and affectionate for the opposite gender. 

" Then I guess we can't go," It was as simple as that in L's book and Krystal stomped her feet like a little child, making L smirk in pleasure. She took a deep breath and put on her nasally voice for him. " Can we go now?" She asked but he didn't give her a reaction.

Krystal's patience was running on thin ice but she went all out for it having solved the mental battle with herself. it, just do it Soojung-ah. " Myungsoo Oppa, can we please go? Soojung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter