Red Light

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L sat on the couch with a massive headache mercilessly pounding in his head. His thoughts were clustered and he had gone crazy trying to think of who might have stolen the money and framed poor Krystal. No matter how many people he thought of, no answers and reasons matched up. His list of  suspects had grown out of proportion and he was soon asking himself if he were insane to think of someone completely out of the picture- like her own mother who had run away, or her father really had stolen the money.

He shook his head firmly and smacked his cheek to get his head on right. His phone buzzed garnering his attention and making his eyes go wide. A job? Why would she go through that trouble? He dialed her number but all he got was a dead ring and a voice message system replying back. " Jung Soojung!" L called out loudly in hopes to hear her shout back from her room upstairs.

Instead he got Kai's irritated voice yelling back, " Shut the up, I'm trying to sleep here!" L pouted and jut out his lower lip. Bastard... Well, since he isn't sleeping yet, lets annoy him. " Which cafe is Soojung at, you ?" L half-screamed-half-asked and he could hear Kai groaning loudly in annoyance and that put a smirk onto his face. " I don't ing know." Kai replied and then it was silent for a moment before his footsteps came trampling down to cause L to give him a sour look. 

" What do you mean which cafe Soojung is at?"

" Which cafe did Jung Soojung get- Wait, never mind," L decided to keep his mouth shut about Krystal's new job. If Kai knew the place, he would be sure to follow and then L wouldn't have any peace. Instead, L put on his puffy jacket and grabbed his cell phone and keys. Without answering Kai he walked into the garage and got into his car and drove away to leave Kai flustered and gaping. One part of Kai's brain was telling him to chase after L in his own car but another part of his mind was attracting him to go upstairs and dive back under the covers for a couple more hours.

As long as Soojung isn't all alone in a weird place, it's fine with me, even if Myungsoo's the one going after her... 

 

Krystal bowed and waved at the next customer in line. Her eyes rounded when she found Suzy starring intently at her. At least, she hoped it was Suzy- it looked enough like her with the long dark brown locks, high cheekbones, heavy makeup, and her notorious five inch Prada heels. " I'll have a quad venti, half-caff, no foam with whipped cream, two splenda with a skinny, peppermint mocha." Krystal stood there like a puppet, unmoving, not breathing for a moment before Suzy snapped her manicured nails in front of the girl's face. 

Suzy sighed and rolled her eyes when she saw Krystal break eye-contact and stumble from trying to remember the complicated order. Suzy smirked. " So, why did you steal the money?" Suzy asked. She wanted to pass time and since Krystal was the only employee on shift she was an easy target. The girl looked up from the coffee machine and rose her brows. " I didn't steal the money," she reassured but Suzy pushed on and flipped her hair. " Sure you did, everybody knows it." Krystal desperately wanted to scream in Suzy's face but if that meant losing a customer, no matter how annoying, she was not going to go down that road.

" I did not steal the money, okay? Someone made up that rumor," Krystal stated and Suzy blew her cheeks. " Oh yeah, someone just happened to spread that."

The door to the cafe opened up and L walked in with a gummy smile spread across his face. He was excited to see Krystal in her uniform but his eyes caught Suzy and he quickly grabbed a menu and took a seat opposite a young girl reading her book. " Excuse me?"

L put a finger to his lips, " I'll buy you a coffee if you just don't speak, please." The girl understood and went back to her book. L peeked over the menu at the exchange between Suzy and Krystal. Suzy had a grin on and twirled a piece of hair around her finger while Krystal looked very uncomfortable. L could make out the sour words being said and he frowned at Suzy's attitude towards Krystal. " You know, if you did steal the money- which you totally did- how did you get caught? I mean, who hides the money they stole underneath their own bed?" Suzy asked as she swiped her card in the machine. Then she flipped her hair and proudly stalked away out the door with her complicated drink resting in her hands. L's mouth parted slightly after hearing Suzy's words. 

Krystal stood frozen when Suzy's words replayed back in her head. How did Suzy know that the money had been hidden under my bed? What the hell? How could she possible know... Unless she- " Jung Soojung!" Her name was called from the too-familiar voice and she smiled at L. " I can't believe you got the job. Why do you want a job in the first place?" he questioned.

She shrugged and gestured to the cafe's menu written on the blackboard written overhead. " Welcome to Cafe Blaze. May I take your order?" She politely smiled and disregarded his questions. He was shocked at first but recovered quickly and put a hand under his chin to it gently. " I don't know to be honest," he mumbled. She had a playful spark in her eye as she pointed behind her head. " What looks good to you?"

His answer was almost immediate and did not miss a single beat. " You." She gave him a look and his eyes became big before he awkwardly coughed. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave him a sly look. " Stop staring at me Jung Soojung." She averted her eyes at once. " Just give me a black tea and a muffin." He paid and returned to the previous seat where the girl had once sat. She was nowhere to be found but in her place was a sticky note. The weird Ajhussi owes me a coffee the next time he decides to spy on his girlfriend. He smiled slightly. If only she were... Wait, what the hell am I thinking? You've got Bae Suzy, not Jung Soojung.

L thought he had read wrong until he witnessed Krystal leaning over his shoulder and glancing at the note. He crumpled and disposed it but her eyes were already blinking back at him. " Spy? You were spying on Suzy?" He was at a loss for words so he stiffly nodded. She shrugged and he inwardly sighed knowing that she wasn't too concerned. She turned to leave so he followed after her and stood at the counter. " Yes?" she asked.

He put a finger under his chin and it slowly. " I understand that maybe you are one of those people who has always fantasized about working as a barista but I can't put my finger on it. You don't look like it so why the sudden job?" She bit her lip and wondered if she could tell him the reason. If he knew he was sure to forbidden her from working again. How do I tell him that the reason I'm doing is this so I can leave the Kim house and make money to help dad out? " Uh, experience, you know? Barista is a very tough job."

" I know and that reminds me- where is my black tea and muffin?" Soojung was back to her senses and returned to working at once. L watched her from his table with a wide smile. She had her hair tied back into a low bun and minimal makeup which radiated her beautiful eyes. She looked up to catch L staring at her in a daze. His gaze made her uncomfortable and made her heart skip a beat. She gulped and didn't break eye-contact as she stirred the tea. L rose an eyebrow and the smirk that painted his face did not help.

She nearly couldn't breathe but was saved by the bell as another customer stepped up to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter