The Teddy bear Princess

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hotel lobby of Shangri-La was overcrowded from the minute the Kim family step foot into the grand structure with their suitcases dragging against the cold, marble floor. Tokyo, Japan. The place where Mr. Kim would hold a large conference and presentation tomorrow evening alongside Mrs. Kim while the Kim boys and Krystal would go explore the wonders of the beautiful Tokyo.

A bell boy took hold of their bags as Mr. and Mrs. Kim strode towards the front desk to get the room keys. Krystal's mouth gaped open when she stared at the marvelous twinkling lights that towered a good twenty feet above her head. She was in awe and Kai smirked at her, " Close your mouth before a fly decides to make it its home!" He teased and she stuck out her tongue at him. " Shut up," she retorted and pouted and looked over at L who gently shook his head with a small laugh. " Sometimes I feel as if you two are a married couple or something," he commented. It took him a moment to realize his own words and their impact.

He instantly became sad but couldn't dwell on the thought longer as Kai smacked his head and sat on one of the many couches spread in the lobby. He rest his head behind his hands and winked at Krystal suggestively. " We could potentially get married, you know." Krystal blinked at him twice and then burst into laughter. She held her tummy and smacked his shoulder, then put on a straight face and rose a brow, " Are you crazy? You would treat your wife like a kid whose been told that he can't have any more candy." Kai pouted at her answer and he caught her off-guard by putting his arms around her shoulder in an affectionate manner.

" I would hug you like a teddy bear and definitely ask for candy all the time!" He replied and she scoffed at his behavior. " How exactly did your girlfriend tolerate you?" she asked and Kai shrugged. He became aware of his arm around her and squeezed her shoulder lightly. He was happy knowing that she hadn't shoved him away. He beamed.

L watched the two interact with the occasional teases, chuckles, shoves, and smiles, and his heart clenched slowly. Thankfully, Mr. and Mrs. Kim returned that moment to put the boy out of his misery. Mrs. Kim slapped Kai's head and pulled Krystal away. " Give the girl some breathing space, Jongin."

" Son, if you want a girl to fall for you, don't squeeze her to death first." Mr. Kim's comment had L and Krystal howling in laughter whereas Kai protested with an open mouth. Mrs. Kim handed L the key for the room he would share with Kai and Krystal. " Our luggage is already upstairs so just get settled in for now. If you boys need anything, just give me a call Myungsoo-ah." She ruffled her son's hair and he smiled at his mother. She pat Krystal's back, " Soojung, if you need anything, just ask Myungsoo or Jongin to give me a call, all right?"

" Sure, thank you," she hugged Mrs. Kim who rubbed her back. Krystal missed a mother's love, care, and affection and Mrs. Kim was the closest thing the girl had to a motherly figure. Mr. Kim lay his hand against Kai's back and pat the boy, " We will be on the twelfth floor and you kids are on the sixteenth, will you manage well? Should I change your rooms so you are closer to us?"

" No!" Both Kai and L shouted in unison and their parents gave them a look. " Why not?" Mrs. Kim inquired and the two boys exchanged glances and then slyly looked over to an oblivious Krystal who was too busy watching the twinkling lights again. Kai bit his lip and widened his eyes for his mother, " Come on mom, we aren't kids anymore. We can manage without you checking up on us. Right Myungsoo?" He looked at L who quickly nodded his own head.

Mrs. Kim narrowed her eyes at L and sighed in defeat. " Fine, if you need anything-"

" Yes, we know!" Kai pushed his mother into an awaiting elevator and Mr. Kim followed, sure to stand closer to his family as the elevator already carried three passengers. L grabbed Krystal's hand and pulled her with him to squeeze into a tiny space at the back. Her body was close to his and he could smell her sweet perfume. He leaned slightly onto Krystal's body and one of the three strangers gave him a strange look. He didn't want to be deemed a ert so he pulled Krystal by the waist against his body so her back touched his chest. Shocked would be an understatement but she did not think much of it. She had learned that the Kim boys were the touchy type so she took no notice of it anymore (alas).

The boy bit his lip and grinned when she did not move away. Unfortunately they bid their parents goodbye on the twelfth floor so Krystal finally had some personal space to herself so she moved and leaned against one of the rails provided, much to L's dismay.

" I get the bed by the window!" Kai announced loudly and jumped onto the farthest bed. " Oh yeah, the Imperial is the way to go!" He boomed and began to jump on the bed like a five year old. Krystal looked at him before she joined him in the crazy frenzy, and together they bounced like children who had eaten too much sugar. L simply shook his head at their antics and checked out the bathroom which consisted of an elegant marble flooring with a walk-in-wet space, a rainforest shower and jacuzzi tub, and a mini T.V.

" I could get used to this life," Krystal told Kai who lay next to her. She got up and looked at the panoramic view of Tokyo from the large balcony. Kai and L both joined her and the three of them basked in its beauty and glory. It looked perfect. Serene.

The Imperial room's phone rang and L answered it. He spoke into it for a few moments and hung up, a cheesy grin lighting up his face. " Why are you smiling like that?" asked Krystal. She rarely saw the boy smile and whenever he did, it had to be something big or exciting. L never smiled voluntarily since he always wore a cold expression and she was determined on changing it. What she did not know was that her mission to make the boy smile had already launched since the moment she had stepped into his life. She effortlessly put a gummy smile on the boy's face but she was too oblivious to realize.

" Dad said that the lady of the house will be taking a nap so we are free to check out the hotel and its facilities. Are you guys hungry?" he asked. Krystal and Kai shook their heads for a 'no'. " Guess that means we will be going down to the pool?" L's next question made Krystal excited so she jumped in place. She forgot that the boys watched her actions and paused before composing herself. Kai and L fought hard to keep in their giggles from her cuteness.

She placed one hand on her hip and stared at the boys playfully, " Whose ready to get their asses kicked in the pool?" Kai and L grinned deviously.

 

Krystal suddenly felt self-conscious as she stared at her slim body in the full-length mirror in the girls changing room. Like the idiot she was, she had grabbed the first bikini her hands had touched when entering the massive store the day before their departure for Japan. Now, she regretted not having even taken a look at the daring bikini she had picked out. She cursed herself as she gazed from head to toe at herself.

Seriously Jung Soojung, couldn't you have just picked a bra and set instead? This would surely pass as it anyway... Ah whatever! It's now or never. Besides, who cares if you look bad in it? She nodded confidently and strode out of the changing room and entered the pool area to only bump into someone. Her feet slipped and she tipped backwards but a strong arm caught hers a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter