Pandemonium

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party was in full swing with L and Kai's closest friends enjoying the appetizers and drinks. Mr. Kim had given the boys the best gift they could ever ask for: Their cars had an upgrade of a new paint job, roaring engines, new leather seats, and an in-built music and GPS system. Mrs. Kim had gifted the boys with the very-desired motorized skateboards they had been wanting.

The parents took their leave right after the party began, not wanting to intervene with authority at their birthday party. Besides the arrival of Exo and Infinite, a few other popular groups had been called from the neighboring universities. At first, Krystal was shocked to see Suzy and Sulli show up to the event but why wouldn't they? After all, the girls had held a special places in the boys hearts. Even if their relationship was tarnished, didn't mean they would not be a part of the boys special day.

" Wait," Sungyeol slurred, grabbing a passing waiter with a tray of Champagne flutes. " I'll take this," he informed the guy, grabbing the whole tray for himself. L shook his head in disbelief for a moment but shrugged after. It was their night to get drunk, party hard, and make memories which would last forever. So he reached for a flute and downed it in one go, the liquid sending a slight burning sensation down his throat.

Kai had draped himself on the couch, surrounded by girls from other universities. He hadn't gotten any of their names, but who cared? It wasn't like he would remember either... His eagle eyes spotted an empty bottle of water sprawled amongst the mess that was his mother's dear coffee table and he reached for it with a smirk. " Babe, come on," a girl crooned into his ear as she lightly tugged on his tie, making him stand up. Almost every person invited to the party was beyond drunk and grinding to the rythem of the music ricocheting from the loud speakers around the huge living room. The large paned windows were thrown open and the balcony along with the backyard had been decorated with tiny LED lights.

Guests poured in and out of the mansion, tripping over their own two feet from having immense head rushes due to the severe alcohol. Amidst the chaos was Krystal who chewed on a Macaroon in the kitchen, hiding from many. Why, you may ask?

She did not feel comfortable around drunk people. Her father never got drunk around her so she had never encountered anyone drunk in her life. Standing in the corner of the Kim's kitchen, she watched everyone teeter on their heels and boots, trying to maintain balance while sloshing around a drink in their hands. Seulgi had found a cute boy called Taeyong and the two had disappeared to dance, leaving Krystal with Wendy who was whisked away by an old friend from another university.

So, Jung Krystal was pretty much alone despite the hundreds of strangers in the house. She let out a sigh and then caught a gaze of Kai being pulled by a slim girl wearing a gorgeous black sheath dress that hardly stayed past her . He wore a puppy look on his face and his signature lopsided grin lit up his face. He met eyes with Krystal who quickly looked away and his grin only grew wider. He whispered a few words to the girl before disappearing completely out of Krystal's sight.

She nibbled on another cookie before Baekhyun entered the kitchen, wildly shaking his head. " Are you all right?" she asked. He gave her a thumbs up and a smile. " Never been better! Drunk people are so dumb," he commented with a chuckle. She smiled a bit and he tilted his head to one side. " Why aren't you out there enjoying like the others?"

She shrugged. " As you said, people are dumb when they are drunk." He let out a laugh at her words. " Have you tried the Sangria yet?" he asked. She shook her head. " So you are telling me that you are completely sober? You haven't even had one drink?" She shyly nodded and Baekhyun cooly shrugged. " Just because everyone else is getting drunk, it doesn't mean you have to jump on the bandwagon," His genuine statement had her smiling. She liked the boy. He knew she wasn't up for drinking so he wouldn't push her.

" Besides, someone needs to be a designated driver tonight, eh?" He teased and her face fell. She couldn't drive. All she knew were the parts of the car and how to step onto the gas pedal while in park mode. He gave her a sweet wink before grabbing a jug of Sangria and a couple shot glasses. He bid her goodbye and she watched him leave with a frown on her face. 

Was that what she looked like right now? A total loser who did not want to indulge in the fun but become the odd man out only to learn that she in fact would no be able to become even a designated driver? She folded her arms across her chest and spotted a few boys from KAIST, where science wiz kids excelled in their experiments. She approached them with a confident stride but that facade tumbled the moment she remembered she would actually have to communicate with them. Why couldn't she do it? 

A waiter carrying Tequila shots passed by her and she bit her lip. Should she try just one? It wouldn't be harmful, right? " Excuse me," she grabbed a shot and sipped it carefully, the sour liquid foreign against her taste buds. The same boys she had seen earlier now walked towards the waiter to grab their own Tequila shots. They shot her an approving look and she smiled back. " U-Kwon," said one, extending out his hand to her. 

" And I'm Taeil."

" Hey, I'm P.O."

" Call me Zico," another one piped in with a grin. 

Krystal simply downed the drink and before she knew it, her hand reached for another. " The name's Krystal."

 

Seulgi and Wendy bid the others goodbye and groaned loudly after throwing themselves down onto the couch. Almost all of the crowd had left, leaving only Seulgi, Wendy, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol behind. The two Kim boys took their respective seats by their friends and looked for their source of happiness: Jung Krystal.

The girl was nowhere to be found.

L nudged Seulgi gently, " Where's Soojung?" The girl shrugged in reply. L whipped his head around the room to catch a glimpse for the skinny girl but she wasn't in sight. Wendy suddenly let out a squeal and covered . " Are you okay?" Kai asked but the girl leapt up from the couches and rushed towards the bathroom. " Too many drinks, I've got her, don't worry." Suho reached out and lay a hand on Seulgi, urging her to stay seated.

Kai let out a yawn and sleepily rubbed his eyes. " Jung Soojung, can you bring me a glass of water?" His question bounced off in empty air and he sat up to notice that the girl was not around. " Where did she go?" he asked his friends and they did not have a clue.

" I'll call her," L reached for his cell phone but the battery had run out. Baekhyun massaged Chanyeol's shoulder as his phone began to ring. He accepted the call and put it on speaker mode.

A small whimper was heard and everybody froze. Kai's eyes flew open and L lifted his head from a cushion. " Speak," a voice commanded and another whimper resounded in the large living room. Is this a joke? L mouthed to Dongwoo who narrowed his eyes slowly.

" Boys..." A hoarse voice said and Baekhyun set his phone onto the coffee table, listening intently. L and Kai's minds rushed with endless thoughts and it wasn't until they could hear Krystal again, they sprung up from the couches to grab their things.

" Myungsoo-ah, Jongin-ah..."

Kai gripped Baekhyun's phone tightly and barked into it, " Where is she?" The person on the other end cackled in a deep baritone before whispering, " In safe hands,"

L pushed Kai and took hold of the phone, his eyes burning in rage. " And where would that be?" The voice on the other end let out a sigh before kicking an object. Following that was a piercing shriek. Then, the phone went dead and a text flew in immediately. Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do. Gonjiam Psychiatric hospital. You'll find your girl there. Her black hair smells nice and her pink lips make me want to kiss her.   

That was the last straw for both the Kim boys as they sprinted to the garage towards their cars. " Seulgi, we are going to go get Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter