Getaway

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L groaned in frustration upon spotting some camera crew take over his office and create a loud commotion. His usually mahogany desk was spray painted a bright pink and his name plaque was tossed to one side thoughtlessly. He picked it up, looking bruised and annoyed. The long white curtains were taken down and instead a few heavy black cloths draped the window, completely blocking the beautiful view of Seoul from the office tower. The two photo frames- one with his parents and one with Kai- he kept on his desk were stored into the desk drawers for the photo shoot. 

A dozen people rushed from one place to another in the medium-sized room holding various hair and makeup products along with pieces of clothing and heels. One girl ran past L out of his office room, yelling for some more glittery eyeliner. " What in the hell..." muttered Kai who decided to show up in all his disheveled glory holding a couple of files in one hand and a cup of coffee in another. He moved closer to L after the same girl who had run out, ran back in with some eyeliner smeared on the back of her hands.

Kai was bewildered from the presence of so many people in L's office so he cracked a small smirk and nudged his brother, " Your desk is finally the color its supposed to be. You should've come out earlier bro," The light tone did no help when L swiftly punched Kai in the stomach and the latter doubled over in pain. " ," Kai coughed out and pulled L into a playful headlock the moment Krystal walked in through the doors. She paused, gave them a judgmental glance and then strode past towards L's desk.

Kai quickly let L go and faked a cough as he stared at her from the corner of her eye. Krystal diligently worked her way around the office, checking every detail as her eyes drank in the pink shades of the room. She folded up her arms and rose a brow when she caught L staring at her. He looked away and then slyly glanced back to see that she had whipped out her cell phone, tapping away at it furiously.

" Noona!" Jungkook entered the chaotic scene and Krystal paid no attention to her cousin when he placed a quick kiss on her cheek. The boy tipped his chin towards the Kim brothers and they gave him a small smile. " Ms Jung, it seems that the photographer has been caught in heavy traffic and is asking for a reschedule." Krystal narrowed her eyes at the rookie hairdresser and the woman gulped audibly.

Krystal opened to say something but then shut it and instead bit the inside of her cheek, keeping her anger in and in check. Then, she forced a smile onto her face, " You're telling me that Mr. Yang won't photograph Jessica today?" The hairdresser gave a little nod and Krystal exploded, frightening the hairdresser and the Kim brothers, whereas Jungkook rolled his eyes and returned to playing a game on his cell phone. He was used to seeing Krystal in her wild moments so it didn't faze him. " Jessica has a recording session tomorrow and will not be in Seoul. I need names of photographers on standby, STAT." She ordered and ran a hand through her light brown locks.

A light bulb went over Kai's head and he pointed at his step-brother. " Myungsoo can photograph her," he said and Krystal scoffed. L felt that it was a bit rude of her but he did not dwell on it, knowing now that Krystal was a much fiercer person. " I appreciate that but we need someone professional. Plus, he isn't signed with Ceci so it would be illegal of him to take credit and our money." She pointed out and L was relieved at her words.

He had dropped his hobby of having a camera on him at all times. After Krystal had disappeared, it was hard for him to go through his camera roll and find random pictures of them. Holding a camera had become difficult to the point he almost hated even looking at it- all thanks to Krystal. Now, she pinched the bridge of her nose and her teeth. A slender arm resting on her hip, she leaned forward and gave L a bone-chilling look. " We have no choice. Either she does it today and gets it over with, or we'll loose money after investing into this damn project. Do it," she commanded and went back to her phone.

L was left dumbstruck when he realized she wouldn't even elaborate on how to take the pictures. Simply, he was her sidekick at the moment, as she barked orders, and he had no choice but to follow them. Kai gave him a thumbs-up and an encouraging pat on the back. Jessica emerged from the hallway in her light pink dress and widened her eyes when she found Krystal in a corner, yelling into her phone. She took her spot on the desk and sprawled against it in a suggestive position but kept a sweet smile on her face.

Krystal put her phone away, " the people at Ceci. L, if you won't mind, we'll discuss the financial status of this impromptu shoot later, yeah?" He grunted in response and she accepted that as a yes. " Could you try taking the pictures from many different angles? We have all the equipment ready for you and all you have to do is-"

" I know what to do. Photographing was my hobby, remember?" He asked and she sighed. " Of course, go ahead." She moved away but kept a small distance so she could interrupt him after every picture he took. Kai stayed beside Jungkook to observe as the photo shoot was underway and was impressed by Krystal's authority and the power she exerted over everyone. He whispered in a hushed tone to the younger boy, " Is she on edge like this all the time?" Jungkook shrugged and rolled his eyes.

" Noona turns into a witch when she's working but off-work, she returns to this playful child who is amused at everything." It was hard to believe that statement when Kai watched how Krystal controlled L's every move and ordered Jessica to change her pose into a new one. I know there's a child somewhere in her, if only I could bring it out...

Jungkook noticed the way Kai's eyes roamed onto his sister and he smirked slightly. " Tomorrow, Jessica Noona will be going out of Seoul for recording her new album so Soojung Noona is free. I've been bored pretty much all this time so I was wondering if you and your brother are interested in going camping with us?" Kai was surprised that the younger was suggesting an activity since he hadn't really heard Jungkook speak at all.

" Actually, our staff-" he gestured at the people gathered by the glass doors, " are taking a small trip to Deokjeokdo but we haven't decided when, yet. Maybe I'll pitch to our head manager to go tomorrow." Kai secretly smiled to himself and Jungkook noticed it. He bit his lip and with a twinkle in his eye, looked back at his sister.

 

All the commotion was over and out of the office building. Jessica and her crew had left a tired L with a bruised ego. What hurt him the most was when Krystal disregarded all the unique angles he'd chosen and instead opted for the basic, boring ones. She had said she just wanted it to be done over with so L had bit his tongue and listened to her suggestions. He sat now in the lobby's cafe sipping on a Pomegranate ice tea while gathering his thoughts together. He could not get over the fact that Krystal had silenced him into a vulnerable puppy by acting superior in a field that he clearly had a lot more knowledge about.

He jiggled the tea, forgetting that it was full and not empty, sloshing the dark pink liquid onto his hands and the table. He dropped the cup with a heavy sigh as a hand extended itself out holding a wad of tissues. He snatched it and quickly cleaned up the mess. " Don't I deserve a thank you?" asked Krystal. He gave her a blank stare in return and frowned after, " If we're talking about what exactly we deserve at this moment, I think an apology and a thank you would do me wonders. I saved your today, despite promising myself never to pick up another camera ever."

Krystal bit her lip in guilt and touched his shoulder gently, " Thank you for your help. I don't know why I've got to apologize though..." She mumbled. L scoffed and shook his head, " Will you ever Soojung?" And then he walked away before she could speak again. Why is he making it so hard for me to talk to him? I already apologized, what more does he want?

 

It was evening by the time Kai lifted his head from his laptop. He stretched and rolled out his neck. " Myungsoo?" He called out but his step-brother was nowhere to be found. Kai decided it was time for a power nap as he shut the laptop and placed it onto the dinning table. Then he got under the covers in his bedroom and drifted into dreamland. 

About half an hour later, L entered the apartment and tossed his things onto the couch, exhausted from work. He had to stay back and help clean up his office- which he hated. The pink spray paint refused to wash out so his desk had been taken away. He flopped onto the couch and just as he shut his eyes, a pounding on his front door scared the living day lights out of him. He threw open the door to see Krystal clutching her cell phone in one hand while wearing large sunglasses that took up half of her face.

" Um, are you busy right now?" she asked. He shrugged, " Depends on what you want," he replied. " I wanted to go visit Jungkook at his night school but I don't know where it is located."

" Ever heard of Google? Or the Maps IPhone provides every customer with?" He knew he was being harsh but she deserved it. He wanted to see how far he could take it before she cracked. And apparently, the time came sooner than he had expected. " Forget it, why did I even bother?" she turned to leave but he caught her arm. " I'll take you..." He muttered in disdain but she held up a hand. " No thanks. Why would I go out with you when you're treating me like crap? I'm also a person with feelings, you know."

" Oh really? Then what did the 'person with feelings' think when she didn't even contact me nor Jongin?" That question stumped her. She lowered her gaze to the floor instantly, " Look, I know I was so wrong to not even tell you or Jongin or call you when I was in America. I know I messed up big time, okay? Can't we please just put it in the past and start fresh?" She waited for his answer which never came; instead, he grabbed the keys, his cell phone, and a wallet with him. " Let's go," he told her and she followed after. 

The two walked in complete silence down the windy roads for a good twenty minutes before the Seoul School of Performing Arts came into view. The entire walk had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter