Escapade

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Map?"

" Check."

" Money?"

" Check."

" Ski boots?"

" Check."

" Condoms?"

" Che- Wait, what?" L gave Suzy a skeptical look and she laughed and put a hand on his arm and bit her lip hoping it would turn him on. It was her little way of asking L if he was ready to have with her. The couple had been together for nine months and most girls had their first month after dating. At least that was what Suzy's friends had all done.

L spotted Krystal and Kai walk downstairs and into the kitchen. L brushed Suzy off and followed them before she could try anything. " Where did the cookies go? I asked you not to eat them!" Kai's whine echoed in the empty house and Krystal shrugged innocently. " I honestly don't know," she hoped he would believe her. " They can't just disappear in thin air!" He pointed out and she clucked her tongue. " Ask Myungsoo," she pointed at L who entered the kitchen with Suzy in tow. Krystal moved over to the refrigerator. 

Suzy walked over to the cookie tin Kai held and snatched it from him. She shut the lid and tossed it onto the kitchen counter. " I ate them," her nonchalant tone angered Kai but he didn't dare say anything. " The day when L made lunch for me," Suzy looked right into Krystal's eyes at that point and smirked. " I had them for dessert. Is that so wrong of me to do, L baby?" Suzy batted her lashes up at her boyfriend but he wasn't paying any attention to her. His gaze seemed to be fixed on Krystal who rummaged through the refrigerator for food. 

" Babe..." Suzy reached over and raked a hand through L's hair and pushed it back. Kai huffed and left realizing that they were no help. Krystal slammed the fridge shut and looked over at the empty cookie tin with a pout. " Don't you think his hair looks y pushed back?" Suzy asked Krystal and the girl didn't respond. L stared into Krystal's eyes and she did the same. Suzy on the other hand watched the two exchange eye-contact and without a warning she smashed her lips onto L's. L was taken back and Krystal dropped her gaze and shuffled out the kitchen as fast as her feet would. She didn't want to watch their PDA. 

She found Kai sprawled onto the couch in the living room and she took a seat next to him. He ignored her as usual. " What time are we supposed to meet at the Uni?" Kai opened one eye and looked at her from the corner of his eye. " I think," she gazed at the clock behind him and shot up from the couch. " Right now!" she ran upstairs to finish packing and Kai scoffed. Then he realized that he hadn't finished packing either so he followed her. 

 

Forty five students stood shivering in the cold winter weather in expensive leather jackets and skimpy dresses. The girls refused to let the freezing air get in the way of their pimping up and the boys had the same mindset. Krystal was the only one who had enough brains to bundle up in layers, wearing a long-sleeved shirt, a sweater, a hoodie, and then topping it off with a ski jacket. L wore a normal hoodie and a ski jacket whereas Kai wore a flashy studded jacket with a snapback. Naeun, Suzy, and the other girls didn't bother to keep warm. That was why they were freezing their asses off while Krystal felt all snug. 

They glared at Krystal with disdain but she didn't notice. She waited until the crazy AP Biology teacher, Mr. Im, and the strict Economics teacher, Mr. Cheng, made their way to the students gathered outside the Uni gates. " The buses are running a bit late so I'm going to ask you all to wait just a bit more," Mr. Cheng ordered and a few girls frowned. 

" I should ask my father to sue the bus driver," One commented and Krystal who heard it, rolled her eyes. She couldn't understand how people could be so condescending and so heartless. A nudge brought her attention and she found a hand outstretched towards her. She looked up and saw Kai. " Take it, will you?" Then he walked away in the confidence that only he could keep up. Krystal peered down at the object and found it to be a sticker with her name on it. That was oddly nice of him? Krystal placed the sticker onto the spot right above her heart and watched the bus pull up. 

Students loaded the bus with sullen faces and chucked their suitcases and bags at the poor driver. Krystal rushed over to help the old man who sent her a kind smile and said a "thank you". She smiled back and carefully placed the last of the bags inside the huge compartment. Then she helped the man shut it and boarded the bus only to find every seat taken except the one by the fire-escape. She made her way and just as she plopped onto the seat, whispers began to fly all over.

" Who gave her permission to sit?"

" Hell, who gave her permission to come on this trip?"

" Don't be too loud girls or you'll make the circus freak angry."

" Then she'll lash out at us with one of her tricks."

" What? She's gonna hit me with one of her hula hoops?"

The girls cackled with the least idea that L and Kai could hear them. The boys stayed seated in their seats with headphones plugged into their ears but they couldn't focus on the music. Suzy flipped her hair and looked at the girls with a twinkle in her eye. " Girls, hush now. Don't be rude to the freak show. Besides, we need someone on this trip to carry all of our goods. How does 5000 won sound to you?" Suzy asked Krystal and the girl blew a breath. 

Suzy rose an eyebrow and put her hands up by her chest. " Whoa," she feigned shock. " It bites, does it?" she snickered and L had finally had enough. He took out his headphones and glanced side-ways at his girlfriend. " You're being loud and obnoxious when I'm trying to sleep. Can you shut up babe?" Using the word babe totally had its magic as Suzy's anger flared down a little. She felt hot and bothered but didn't want to show it to others. 

" Ooh, what does it feel like being burned by your own boyfriend?" Sulli's voice piped in and Suzy bore holes into Sulli's skull. Sulli's gaze landed onto Krystal and she cocked her head to one side. " You, there," she pointed at Krystal. " I'll pay you double of whatever they pay you to carry my luggage." she said and Krystal was in disbelief. 

" Excuse all of you," Krystal started in a confident voice and when she saw all eyes staring back at her, she swallowed and continued, " I'm no bell boy. You all have hands so please do use them. Also, about me being a freak show? I'm at least gaining people's undivided attention, unlike you all who crave for it in the first place. I don't have to try at all," Krystal used reverse psychology on the students and they shut up at once, trying to argue back but failing miserably. Kai had a small smile plastered onto his face after he saw he girlfriend being slammed down. He liked Sulli but she could be a sometimes.

L bit his lip and glanced at Krystal who seemed to be taking deep breaths in and out. She was probably shaken up after having stood up to the stuck-up students. The rest of the ride was uneventful as Sulli and Suzy tried their best to garner their boyfriends attention while Krystal tried to keep out of their way.

 

" Ah, that feels good." Krystal stretched out her arms as she got off in front of what seemed to be a ski resort. She could hardly call it that since it was a luxurious structure which towered over her head. It had been decorated with fairy lights on the outside so what awaited her on the inside was even more surprising. Big fires enclosed in glass cages surrounded the edges of the lobby. Jewels that dripped like water hung high from the chandeliers strung a good twenty feet above everyone. Plush carpeting covered parts of the floor and comfy sofas and chairs lined themselves up in rows of cocoons.

The students made their way along with Mr. Cheng and Mrs. Im leading the group up to the concierge desk. " Don't stray too far, stay right her. We'll set up the rooms and be right back," Mrs. Im asked her students and with every nod, she was less reassured. She knew the students too well to know that they wouldn't heed orders. L stood by Suzy before she pranced away to the restrooms with her posse trailing after her for a quick powder up. Sulli dragged Kai to a couch and instantly snuggled close to him before she was jerked away by a happy Naeun. Kai and L, now relieved of their personal Koalas, looked over at Krystal simultaneously. 

Her head was tipped towards the ceiling and a bright smile was evident on her face as she watched the different chandeliers change colors at the same speed. L watched her from afar and he couldn't believe that such a small thing could bring her joy. Kai wondered about her life-style after seeing her watch the chandeliers with pure awe. Has she not seen one before? Or has she never been to a resort? he thought.

" Gather around, kids." Mrs. Im called out and everyone gathered. Mrs. Im began pulled out her checklist and began to pair off people and Mr. Cheng handed them the rightful room key. She got to the bottom of the list and called out the Kim boys' names. " L and Taemin, Kai and Sungyeol." The two Kim boys widened their eyes and began to protest. " Shouldn't it be the other way round? Sungyeol and L? Taemin and me?" Kai asked. Mrs. Im shook her head. " I figured putting you two Kim boys would be a bad idea since you live together. Then I thought, maybe switch your friends around because you might be bored of them." Mrs. Im's explanation simply made no sense and that caused L and Kai to argue back. 

Mr. Cheng held a hand up and threw the keys at the boys, closing the discussion at once. L glared at Kai. " This is so ing stupid," he muttered. Kai snickered back. " No , Sherlock. Once we get to the rooms, you take this douche and give me back mine, deal?" he asked and L rolled his eyes for an answer. Mrs. Im called out Krystal's name next. " Krystal, Suzy, and Sulli will share a room since we have an odd number of students." Suzy's mouth dropped open but before she could protest, Sulli spoke up. " I can take the single room and those two can share. Problem solved." Sulli looked pleased with herself until Suzy popped her happy bubble. 

" Hell no, what makes you think I want to share a room," Suzy pointed at Krystal. " with that?" Krystal blinked once, twice. Then she became angry. " Okay, enough. I have been scrutinized by you two ever since I stepped into this stupid university. I'm a person. I have feelings. You two share a room and I'll go on my own." Krystal managed to spit out the words as fast as she could. She didn't get a reaction. The two girls didn't bat an eye and went on arguing, acting as if Krystal had never said a word. 

" Okay, I've come to a conclusion. Suzy and Sulli shall share a room. Krystal, I'll see what I can do to get you the single room. Everyone," Mr. Cheng clapped his hands for attention. " Go to your rooms, unpack, and let us all meet in the lobby tomorrow for breakfast It's been a long six hour drive so sleep on it and we have many activities planned for tomorrow." Students dispersed at once and mobbed the elevators, frightening the other residents. Mrs. Im went after the residents to apologize for the ruckus they created. Mr. Cheng pulled down his glasses and rested them on the tip of his nose. " Now, young lady, to solve your problem," Mr. Cheng walked over to the check-in desk and exchanged a few words with the staff. He returned with a dejected expression. 

" The single room is available but it is out of our price range, unfortunately."

" So... should I go back? Is the bus still here?"

Mr. Cheng let out a short laugh and shook his head. " No, I don't think you'll have to do that. I'll see if you could share the single room which Mrs. Im is using. Give me a minute," And with that he left Krystal all alone in the large lobby. The students had rushed to their new rooms and she was still standing like an idiot waiting for hers to be assigned.

" What if I really do have to go back home? Mr. and Mrs. Kim aren't there either. Bad timing for them to leave on a work trip. What do I do?"

" Sleep on the couches, I'm sure they'll a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter