Boom Boom

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal raked a hand through her black hair, ruffling it with a pout. Seulgi lay against the wall, a magazine poised in her hands but her attention was on her friend instead. " I guess something's really bothering you?" she asked. Krystal's deflated shoulders turned around and she solemnly stared at Seulgi. " Why do you ask?"

" Because," Seulgi grinned at her and gestured to the abandoned pasta on the table, " I know your love for food and you haven't touched the dinner my mother left for us a half hour ago." She claimed and Krystal crawled towards the girl and rest her head on her shoulder. " What do you do when someone indirectly confesses to you?"

Seulgi quickly jolted up and narrowed her eyes. " Which of the Kim boys confessed?" Krystal's mouth dropped open like a bird and she went speechless. How did Seulgi know she was talking about one of the Kim boys?

" Well it wasn't a confession exactly. He, uhh... kissed me?" Krystal's statement made Seulgi's eyes widen and she wildly shook the girl. " Oh my God, and you are telling me this now?! You let one of the Kim boys kiss you?! Jung Soojung you are so courageous oh gosh-"

At that moment, Wendy pushed open the door to Seulgi's door carrying her sleeping bag, beauty products, and a bag filled with snacks. " Hey girls, what did I miss?" Seulgi whipped her head towards Krystal who bit her lip like a deer caught in headlights. " Not much except sharing a kiss..." She mumbled and Wendy dropped her items in shock and rushed over and shook Krystal in excitement.

" Tell us every detail." Wendy and Seulgi said in unison while Krystal desperately fought to keep herself sane. 

 

It had been three whole days since Krystal had left for Seulgi's place and the Kim house had gone back to its quiet, quaint, and bleak atmosphere. Mr. and Mrs. Kim hadn't questioned the girl when she'd asked for permission to leave for a few days, as long as she was safe. The brothers hadn't spoken a word to each other since their awkward exchange and L preferred it.

" Dude, let's go clubbing," Woohyun nudged L who only grunted in response. He was being whiny and unlike himself and his friends suffered that misfortune. L was easily the best looking of the bunch so if he were to walk into a club, girls would automatically crowd him and his friends would effortlessly benefit. Woohyun eyed L uneasily and leaned over to whisper to the older, " What is going on with Myungsoo?"

Sunggyu shook his head apathetically, " He's been acting like a zombie since Friday." Woohyun sighed and grimaced. Sungyeol stuffed his face with potato chips and Dongwoo snatched the bag away. " Guys, it's ing Sunday evening and we are acting as if we have no social lives. Let's go out, please!" He looked at his friends in desperation.

Sungjong stopped L's hair and playfully poked his favorite Hyung. " Come on Hyung, when did you become so grouchy? Let's go party," he attempted to push L off the couch and L sighed loudly, amused by the youngest's antics. " I'm not being grouchy," he stubbornly replied.

" Yeah you are. Dude, when was the last weekend we did not do anything? I think this is the first Sunday since I came out of my mother's womb that I am bored!" Dongwoo exaggerated and L rolled his eyes. He looked around to see that the guys really needed to go and have some fun so he nodded. " Fine, let's go get dressed."

" Who is ready to ing party?!" Sungyeol yelled in glee and the others laughed. " Want to invite Kai?" Woohyun asked and L quickly frowned. " No, keep him out of my life from now." His stern reply made Woohyun wonder suddenly what seemed to have happened that made L cold towards his step-brother once again. " What happened between them? I thought they were finally getting along," Woohyun mumbled. " Knowing Kai, it probably would be a childish fight for video games or something," Sunggyu whispered back but the distant look in L's eyes said otherwise.

 

Kai could not stop thinking about the kiss. His mind was clouded by images of him romantically confessing but he had blown it by acting irrational and thoughtlessly. No matter how hard he tried to tell himself that the kiss wasn't a big deal- it was. Baekhyun and Suho watched their best friend groan while lying under the covers. They looked at each other and then back at an unmoving Kai. " You , get up. Let's go get a drink," Suho urged but Kai ignored his plea.

" Hey, Wendy sent you a text." Baekhyun handed Suho his cell phone and watched the bright gummy smile that spread across the boy's face. " It says that she and the girls are going clubbing tonight."

" Whoa," Baekhyun put a hand to his chest and feigned shock. " Are you and Wendy close enough that you text each other your plans? You're leaving me!" Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun's head and rolled his eyes. " Just go take care of your girlfriend," Baekhyun rubbed his head with a pout and muttered under his breath. " Taeyeon Noona lives in Japan, how the hell do I take care of her?" He whined and Sehun chuckled. " If the girls are going, Suzy and Sulli's gang is bound to be there. Let's go," he grabbed Chanyeol and pushed him towards the closet.

Kai rolled onto his tummy and pouted. " You guys go," he waved and Baekhyun glanced at Suho before both of them grabbed the boy by his legs and dragged hum out of the bed. " no, we need you. How else are girls going to approach us?" Kai threw a fit but in the end, he gave up. It was no use. He would have to face Krystal and apologize when the time came and it seemed to come much faster than he had hoped.

 

Krystal uncomfortably pulled down the short black dress she sported as she took a seat on an empty bar stool. A bartender gave her a toothy grin and slid her a concoction that smelled strongly of Tequila. She glanced uneasily at him, " I'm sorry but I haven't ordered anything," she told him but he winked at her. " It's on the house," he assured and she could not politely refuse so she gently slid it closer to her with a small smile. " Oh, and this one is for your friends," he slid two more Margarita's with creme de meth with another wink.

" Thank you," she said and he grinned. Seulgi bounded up behind her and slung an arm around the girl. " Soojung, come dance with me!" She dangerously swayed on her feet and whispered muffled words into Krystal's ear. Seulgi, Wendy, and Krystal had hit the club about an hour ago and so far Krystal had had anything but fun. She was bored. Seulgi and Wendy had knocked back a couple of strong drinks to let themselves loose while Krystal had kept her distance from alcohol. The last time her tongue touched alcohol she ended up getting 'kidnapped' by a few drunk men who then fought against the Kim boys.

" I'll come in a few minutes, okay?" Krystal asked Seulgi and she happily nodded, staggering back towards the dance floor. " Don't have the heart to be out tonight, eh?" A familiar voice rung in her ears and she whipped around to see L take a seat beside her. " Myungsoo! I did not know you were coming," her shocked tone made him chuckle and he gestured to the bartender. " I'll have a gin and tonic." He thanked the man and sipped his drink and narrowed his eyes at Krystal. " Of course you wouldn't. You haven't exactly been around for a few days," He was aware of the kiss between her and Kai but didn't exactly know her reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter