S'mores and Kisses Pt 1

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook scrutinized Krystal from afar, unable to tear his eye off her. She was too busy packing his clothes in a suitcase to notice. He kept sighing over and over trying to figure her out. What was going through her mind? After agonizing through his thoughts, he decided to ask her right out. " Why are you dating him Noona?" Krystal paused while folding one of his shorts and tossed it into the suitcase with a shrug. " Why? Am I not allowed to?"

He rose a brow at her, " It doesn't bother me that you are dating him. What bothers me is why you're dating someone you don't have feelings for?" That made her halt and spin around to look at him. He stared deeply into her eyes until she looked away. " I-I like him."

" If you did, you wouldn't have stuttered." He pointed out and left her with a gaping mouth, mumbling something about going to paint Jessica's nails. She took a seat on the couch to simplify her thoughts. It hadn't even been a week since she had begun dating Kai but why did her heart feel a bit heavy? Shouldn't she be happy for dating him? Why are Jungkook's words having an effect on me? I like Kai, at least I think I do. But, why did I stutter?! I must be going crazy. I haven't dated anyone besides Jiyoung Oppa back in America. I must be out of touch with my sensitive side.

She shuddered as if trying to shake off her mood and then stood up with a grimace. She needed to get some air and clear her mind so she dialed Kai's number and he picked up within seconds and greeted her, " My Teddy Bear!" 

Krystal bit her lip at the nickname and while it was supposed to make her feel good, it felt sour. " H-hey, what time are we meeting at the airport for Jeju?" Kai side-tracked their convo before answering the question. " Soojung-ah, we need to get couple bags for the trip." 

" Wouldn't that be a waste of money Jongin?" She heard a small, inescapable sigh and quickly cut in. " Let's buy them! How about striped ones? Blue for you and pink for me?" Her question made him smile on the other end and he dove right into the topic, rambling on happily as she tried to appear as bright as him. " Okay, so at the airport by eight O' clock then?" she asked. 

Kai smiled to himself. " You want me to pick you up-"

" Please don't worry about that since I'll be with Jungkook and Jessica Unnie at-"

" Okay," he cut her off and she queasily smiled to herself. " Sorry Jongin," she apologized. He chuckled on the other end, " Soojung, my lovely Soojung, I know you're busy. I'll meet you at the airport!" And then he hung up and felt a bit lost. A small burning in the pit of his stomach alerted his senses but he suppressed it. Jongin-ah, she's just stressed from the suddenness of everything. He reassured himself but could not stop the small frown from decorating his face.

 

Irene stood at the foot of the couch L soundly slept on, curled up into the blankets. Her heart pace quickened as Kai entered the room and jumped a mile back from seeing her there. " How did you get in?" He asked, putting a hand over his heart. She smiled, " He asked me to come with all of my stuff,"

Kai thew his sleeping brother a confused glance. Since when did L ask girls to come over to their dorm? And since when did he care so much for Irene? The boy looked at Irene from head to toe and she shifted under the gaze. " Uh, so how exactly did you and my brother start dating?"

Just the way you and Krystal began dating without ever revealing your feelings, she thought but bit her tongue to keep in the thought. " We just talked and one thing led to another and here we are," Her fake cheery tone rose a suspicion in Kai's mind but before he could ask any further, an arm s around Irene's waist and pulled her closer. She let out a gasp when L mumbled into her ear in a sleepy voice, " You're here? Did you wait long?" 

She gulped and shook her head. Kai eyed the couple before smiling at them. " Wow, I had no idea Myungsoo was such a love-struck puppy," he teased. L rose a brow and glared playfully at his step-brother when Irene fixed his hair for him. " Anyway, you're packed and ready to go. Jongin, did you call Woohyun to find out if he's coming? And Seulgi and Wendy let me know that they will meet us at the airport. Um, will I have to pick up Soojung?" Kai gave him a weird look and Irene nudged him gently when L realized his mistake. 

It dawned upon him and the expression he held was enough for Kai to side-glance him uneasily and then laugh it off after a moment of silence. " She said she'll meet us at the airport with Jessica and Jungkook. Also, let me be the knight in shinning armor to my girlfriend, you dip," Kai teased and L's shoulders dropped in relief. I almost got caught, was the thought racing through L's mind.

Irene gave a pat to his back and pushed him towards his room. " Could you go get dressed? I would like to grab a coffee before we leave," she informed and L nodded. Kai watched him walk away in pure awe. " How are you able to control that idiot? He doesn't listen to me at all! The only other person he listens to is-" He stopped mid-sentence and his eyes widened slightly.

She cocked her head to one side, waiting for his answer. " Who? Your mother, right?" Irene asked and got a slight, unsure nod from him. Kai bit his lip when she turned away to tap on her cell phone. He only listens to Soojung...

 

" Burn these heels because I'm never touching them ever again!" Jessica groaned as she slipped them off and tossed them into Krystal's waiting hands. She passed them onto Jungkook who frowned at both the girls. " The MC's loved you Sunbaenim," said Kyungri, who had earlier introduced herself as Jessica's fan during the filming of Hello Counselor. Kyungri was part of a girl group called Nine Muses and while she played the innocent card really well, Krystal knew the girl had badmouthed Jessica right before the show had begun.

Jessica smirked in response and tossed some hair over her shoulder to look the girl in the eye, " Your new album's coming out, right?"

" Yes, Sunbaenim."

" Wouldn't it be a shame if it doesn't sell well?"

" Well, of course but I have pride and-"

" Next time you try being two-faced, I'll play the devil's advocate. Who knows? Maybe I'll slip a few words onto my Weibo account and then your group's status will lower even further than it is as of now." Kyungri's fake plastered smile hardened and her eyes narrowed as Jessica brought closer to Kyungri's ear to whisper. The girl's expression faltered out of place completely and she scurried away at once.

Jessica leaned back and looked at Jungkook whose mouth dangled open. " Close your mouth Kookie," she advised and walked away. Krystal stood back with a proud smile and followed, hauling her shocked cousin behind her. " I didn't know Sica Noona could behave nasty!" He practically yelled and Krystal hushed him with a glare. " You saw what she did back there, right? Keep it in mind because next time you get on her bad side, you never know what she will do." Her words had an immediate impact when the boy sprinted towards Jessica and linked his arm through hers. " Noona, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter