Epilogue

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August was coming to an end and so was the sunny weather, so to soak up its last rays, L and Krystal, and Kai and Irene found themselves entering through the gates of an amusement park- Lotte World, to be specific. L lead the way with his hands on Krystal's shoulders as she tapped on her cell phone, too engrossed in fixing last minute schedule changes for Jessica. As soon as she hit Send, her phone rang and she answered it, " I don't give a flipping of whether your producer can or cannot cut time from the show of someone else's segment. All I want is for Ms Jung's allotted time to be edited to perfection and aired by next Monday. She will be at the filming site tomorrow by noon- 12 pm is the earliest. No, it's not an offer, it's an order." She barked.

L, Kai, and Irene simultaneously rose their brows and gave each other a look. Kai carefully chose the right words as to not anger the girl, " Wow, um Soojung, that was..."

" Bold and confident." Irene helped him out and he thanked her with a kiss on the cheek. Krystal flipped her hair and pocketed her phone with a sigh, " I need to be stern or they won't understand." She glanced sideways at her boyfriend and L simply pursed his lips in agreement. Whenever she stared at him with narrowed eyes, he suddenly became nervous. She wore the pants in the relationship- quite opposite to what it had started with when she had first moved into the Kim household. 

It had been only a year since they had begun to date openly. L still wondered from time to time about how lucky he was to have snagged her from other people and always was delighted about how much he wanted her in his life. The boy was head-over-heels for her and he made sure to show her exactly how he felt when he was with her, every moment of their time together.

Krystal shrugged and shook L's hands off her shoulders and instead interlaced them with her own. Just as they were about to step into the line for a ride, her phone rang once again, making L sigh. She let out a groan and took the call, moving to one side while motioning for them to join the long line. " Myungsoo, do you ever get some time with her, alone?" Kai asked with a bite of his lips.

Irene lay her head gently onto his shoulder, " Soojung's always so busy but I know she makes time for him. Right, Myungsoo?" she asked. L nodded his head slowly. There were times he would admit that he hardly saw Krystal in two or three weeks but the end result was all that mattered to him: she would always come back no matter how long it took her.

Kai placed a sweet kiss on Irene's forehead as Krystal returned to L's side and apologized. She slipped her phone into her purse and placed it on silent. " Okay, that was the last call, I promise." All L could do was shrug and send her a small smile. He took her hand and kissed the back of it, making her heart flutter. " I understand that you're busy, babe," he reassured and her tensed muscles relaxed instantly. She jumped in excitement, " This is the line for the Disco Pang? Let's do this! You better hold me," she threatened lightly and L pecked her cheek.

The line moved rapidly as ride-goers either chickened out last minute or felt disappointed by it. Either way, the four of them were soon asked to board the ride and L and Krystal took a seat at the far left, whereas Kai and Irene went to the right. The goal of the ride was to protect your partner as the disc they sat in crazily moved from side to side, occasionally bouncing a bit too hard.

As the ride began, L protectively threw an arm around Krystal's waist to keep her from falling off. Her laughter mixed in with his as they both enjoyed the terrifying experience of falling out of their seats and finishing the ride with sore butts and thighs. She linked her arm with his and he leaned in to whisper into her ear, " I don't think we can have some 'private' time today. Your thighs look like they are too sore," He teased and she quickly blushed and smacked his shoulder to which he whined.

Kai slung his arm around Irene's shoulder and gestured to the couple, " That ride was sick! I'm going to take her again but you guys can carry on," he suggested. L was thankful to his brother so he nodded with glee. " We can meet up for lunch or we can grab some tomorrow, together!" Kai gave him a thumbs-up and steered Irene away. Krystal smugly smiled at him. " It's roller coaster time," she stated and L's face went pale.

He began to walk away but she caught him by the arm and pulled him along towards the long queue for the giant, scary roller coaster that seemed like the main attraction of Lotte World. " Come on babe, please, don't do this to me." He groaned and she realized that the only way to get him to ride it was if she . She hovered her lips over his ear and gently blew into it. " If you do it, I'll grant you a wish..."

He pulled back and rose a brow flirtatiously. " Oh really? What did you have in mind?" She leaned in once again to whisper, " I'll take you back on your word about my thighs being too sore," she said in a tantalizing tone and L grew hot and bothered too quickly. He lit up like a Christmas tree. " Sold. Let's go stand in line, what are we waiting for?" All she could do was gently laugh at his antics as he kissed her cheek repeatedly when they stood in the slow-moving line.

 

Jungkook took a deep breathe and clutched the straps of his backpack. Why was he feeling nervous? Sure, he had returned to the States just after attending Suho's wedding two weeks after the engagement to finish his studies but that didn't give him an excuse for his palms to sweat profusely. He rubbed them on his pants and flicked his wrists. He could do it. All he was required to do was enter the place and take a seat, yet that simple moment managed to make his heart beat faster.

it, he thought and pushed open the doors. His eyes immediately zinged towards the cashier counter full of expectations but they came crashing down when he was instead greeted by a chirpy voice. " Hi, welcome! My name is Joy; What can I get for you today?" Jungkook's mind went blank. He opened but no words poured out so he looked like a dumb boy who had swallowed his words.

" Sir? Would you like any suggestions?" asked Joy but Jungkook finally caught the stuck voice in and gently shook his head for a no. " I would like a Red Velvet Latte and a Red Bean cake, thank you." He handed over his card and Joy swiped it and returned it quickly. He walked away to find an empty spot and took a seat with a heavy sigh. I was hoping she would be here... Where did she go? She still works here, right?

He was too lost in his thoughts when Joy placed the order underneath his nose, startling him enough to jump in his seat. He accidently knocked over the Latte and it crashed to the floor, spilling everywhere. " Oh, I am really sorry!"

Joy quickly bowed and apologized. " It was completely my fault for scaring you like that. I should have been more careful," she replied. Jungkook bent down to help but a familiar voice entering the cafe caught his attention. He whipped around to see Seulgi crossing the area to stand behind the cash counter. dropped open like a baby bird. Seulgi's blonde hair had been dyed a lighter shade of brown and it framed her face in soft waves.

She snatched an apron off a hook and before she could tie it, her eyes fell upon the boy. The apron dropped from her hands and she looked very shocked. She could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter