Stars

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She shuffled her feet awkwardly with her fingers laced behind her back and struggled to keep a straight face. She stood with her eyes bowing to the floor as the company manager rattled off his mouth, occasionally throwing harsh words at her. " It is your job to make sure the artist doesn't waste her time away. What the hell were you doing when she missed that ing movie premier? Do you know how important it was for her to be there?"

He held up three fingers and ticked them off with every point made, " She could have acquired helpful acquaintances which would bring in more future invitations, overall fame, and not to forget, money!" Everything was a corporate plot to be the number one on top, to get more financial status, and to ploy the artist out to be something fake that the public would enjoy. 

A show.

Krystal gulped and looked up to meet his glaring eye, " I apologize for the incident as I'll make sure to keep her tight schedule my number one priority-"

" It is your number one priority. You- are nothing. Jessica- she is considered the attraction that brings me money. Understand?" She bit her lip and nodded her head slowly and the manager dismissed her. He grumbled away under his breath after she pointedly slammed the door behind her.

The entertainment industry was a chess board game where the players at the top of the tier ruled all and the pawns took the stumbles and the falls. " I'll show you how much money your attraction can bring to your measly company," she muttered and dialed Jessica's number who did not answer.

Just as she was about to redial her employer's number, the phone rang and Kai's ID caller sprang up. Krystal got into her car and popped the Bluetooth device into her ear.

" Yes?" she asked. Kai's cheerful voice greeted her on the other end. " Soojung, do want to come to a stargazing show with me, tonight? It's in the Seoul Global Center at 8pm." Krystal turned a right out of the parking lot and dove into the oncoming traffic all the while listening to the boy rant on about the wonderful show. " I would love to but I probably shouldn't. I just got an earful from the company's manager so-"

" Oh come on, I haven't seen you since you ditched the disastrous camping trip."

" Hey, I came camping with you! I just left early because I had to take care of your dumb brother."

" My dumb brother is a grown man and could have taken care of himself." He retorted and she rolled her eyes when honking loudly at a car which cut too closely in front of her. " Jongin, I'm driving and I can't really- Oh ." She let out a groan when the blue and red familiar sirens tailgated her car. " I am getting pulled over by the cops. I have to go," she rushed and ended the call, then smacked her head against the steering wheel realizing she would have to pay a fine. " ."

 

L scrutinized the painting in front of him and placed two fingers in front of him in a panoramic placement and scrunched up his eyes. No matter how many times he looked at it, the answer just didn't come to him. After he'd been discharged from the hospital with nothing major than a sprained ankle, Mr. Bae assigned him the task to go accompany his daughter to an art gallery. Why am I here... He mumbled while Irene leaned forward and nearly smacked the painting on mistake when a couple brushed past them.

He caught her elbow and stabilized her body as she let out a chuckle. " Thank you," she smiled and he gave her a curt nod. The two were on awkward terms as neither had spoken to each other before. The only instances L had seen Irene were when she visited her father at the office to drop off his forgotten lunch or on the small camping trip they had taken. They walked in an uncomfortable silence until she realized that the boy was checking his phone over and over again.

Her shoulders slumped forward and a small pout edged onto her lips. He caught her expression and rose an eyebrow. " Are you waiting for someone's call?"

" What? Uh, no." He quickly put his phone away apologized. They trailed past some more paintings in a complete silence before she turned to him with a frustrated expression, " Does your brother ever talk about me?" That question threw L off by miles that he actually paused in his spot to give her a quizzical smile. She waved it off but a small smirk formed on his lips. " Now that I think about it, Kai might have mentioned you a few times," he breezily replied with amusement.

Irene's face lit up and she showed signs of excitement, " Really? What did he say?" When L let out a chuckle and bit his lip in guilt for lying, her smile faltered out of place.

" I was just wondering..." She trailed off and he caught her by the arm when she tried to walk away from him. " I apologize," he muttered. " I was just trying to joke around. You actually seem to like my idiot of a brother though-"

" Kai's not that big of an idiot," she said with a smile. L knew he should help her by setting him up on a blind date but Irene's next words shocked him even more. " You like that girl, don't you?" she asked. He pretended to be oblivious of what she was talking about but it backfired. " The one who you partnered up with for the game? What was her name again?"

" Soojung."

" Oh yes!" She clapped her hands and then narrowed her eyes at him. " I want to propose a deal." Irene had a dynamic plan in her mind and all she needed was L's guidance. If L were to follow through with the plan, all would end well. His nervous eyes and clenched fists told her that he was vaguely aware of what she would tell him.

" Tell me." Came his simple reply. 

 

Seoul's sunny and hot weather invited others to take long walks by the Han River, go visit the historical places the city had to offer, or visit the Namsan Cable Cars which then eventually led to the tower. People flooded the streets to go shopping and many others found quiet spots to either read a book or catch up on some fallen sleep. The city bustled with life as evening poured in, the sun barely dipping below the horizon. Traffic was quite heavy as rush hour seemed to never end.

Kai sat in his car and honked loudly, hating that he was caught up behind lazy drivers who rather stroll than drive the proper speed limit. Another reason for his jittery nerves was the gorgeous girl by the name of J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter