Rose of Sharon has bloomed.

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She scanned the contents of the list yet again but could not find where she had written Shrimp Chips, Chocopie, Peanut Squid balls, and Pepero. Her eye twitched when she realized that Kai had fooled her into buying unhealthy snacks. She thanked the cashier and ran after the man as he quickly grabbed the bags and sprinted out of the market. Running was almost impossible in heels but she managed to close the distance between then, yank his collar, and smack his head. " Ow," he cried and she triumphantly scoffed. 

" Jungkook's teeth will rot if he were to eat these everyday!" Krystal scolded as Kai glared at her and opened his mouth to protest but she snatched the bags from his hands and left him behind, speed-walking back towards the market. He followed and grabbed her by the arm just as she slipped on a rock. He reacted rather quickly as his arms looped around her waist and the bags flew into the air and plopped onto the sidewalk almost silently. 

She, on the other hand, did not bat an eyelash when Kai gazed down at her in his arms. He almost stopped breathing when she gave him a lopsided smile and a sigh escaped her lips. " You're still a clutz," he teased and she abruptly straightened up and picked up the bags. " And you're," she said poking a lean finger into his chest, " still annoying as ever." He seized her hand and brought her closer to him so he could smirk at her. She pushed herself away and merely threw him a glance over her shoulder as she sauntered past him and back towards the market.

He stopped to watch her retreating figure silently. She had changed so much that he was unable to believe his eyes. Unlike the old days where she would squeal and freak out when he teased, she seemed much more relaxed and almost unaffected by it. Jung Soojung, you might have changed in appearance, way of speaking, and the way you carry yourself, but I know that the old Soojung is still in there somewhere. She was the one who convinced me to fall in love, the one who taught me to appreciate every little thing, and lastly, the one who I never forgot. I'll make sure to bring her back along with that cute smile.

 

L had almost shut the front door when a familiar giggle brought his attention to the commotion outside his apartment. He stuck his head out to find Kai laughing heartily at Krystal who in return giggled like a little school girl and smacked his shoulder to shush him. " I was not that bad, all right! Besides, I drive now- safely, not to mention- and am completely capable of making sure not to freak out just by touching the accelerator." Kai rolled his eyes and handed her the grocery bags after she finished punching in the security lock at Jungkook's apartment. 

L clenched his fists and cleared his throat to which both Krystal and Kai stopped laughing at once. The man awkwardly leaned against the door frame and stared back and forth at them. " Uh, you went out?" His question was clearly directed towards Kai and he nodded tentatively whereas Krystal jumped in to say something but L cut her right off. " I never asked you Ms. Jung," he pointed out and the shock registered on Krystal's face. She let out an embarrassed scoff and hustled into Jungkook's apartment without looking back at both the men. Kai held up his hand in a wave but the door shut on his face and he dropped his hand with a sigh.

Kai breezily strode into his own apartment with a fuming L behind him. " What the hell do you think you're doing?"

" What?"

" What were you doing with Krystal? Why were both of you acting so... friendly?" The question sounded a bit odd out loud but Kai merely shrugged and threw his wallet onto the kitchen table. He walked into his room and L tapped his foot impatiently. " Was it a crime to talk to someone I once used to know so well?" He retorted and L bit his lip. He was throwing an unnecessary tantrum and he knew it, but he could not stand the thought of possibly growing closer to Krystal again; not after she had transformed into a completely different person.

Kai threw his brother a curious gaze and L frowned. " No, it isn't a crime. But, you're forgetting that she left us."

" I know she did but she's back now and that's all that matters, right?"

" No. I don't care if you talk to her but if she hurts you again, I'll be here to tell you that I told you so." L crossed his arms and Kai shook his head at his brother's behavior. He slowly turned and carefully asked L, " Just try talking to her. Maybe if you speak to her, you won't keep-"

" No."

" But Myungsoo, just once-"

" I said, no. That is my final answer. That girl left both of us so she could ing move to America and manage an airhead actress-slash-singer. She decides to come back and expects us to forgive her? Just like that? She doesn't even realize how much pain she caused me!" It was as if L had finally exploded. All of the hate he had harbored towards Krystal for the past three years blew out of him and he had no control over it. He had been hurt, abused, and left abandoned, right before he was going to confess.

Kai placed a hand on L's shoulder to calm him down after he finished changing into a new set of clothes. " We'll be late for the dinner so get ready, please." It was as if the roles had been switched: Kai had taken a more mature approach to Krystal's arrival whereas L seemed to have turned childishly sour at her return.

 

Jungkook shoved his hands into his pockets and lazily closed his eyes for a quick power nap. It was moments later when his teacher dismissed the night class and students picked up their belongings happily to skip out of the school grounds. Jungkook stuck in his headphones and strolled out of school and turned the corner but bumped into a sturdy figure. The boy reeled back and quickly frowned at him. Jungkook sidestepped to get out of the way but the boy was looking to pick a fight. He harshly poked him in the chest and pushed Jungkook back.

" Yah, don't you know it's rude not to apologize for your carelessness?" He snarled and the corner of Jungkook's lips turned up slightly in a mocking smirk. " It wasn't my fault that you stood in my path." The boy was surprised as he scoffed and check Jungkook out from head to toe. " Oh, you're that transfer kid, aren't you? The one from America?" he asked.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, " It's nice to know I'm famous. Would you like an autograph too? If not, get out of my way."

" Not so fast," the boy stopped Jungkook in his tracks and cracked his knuckles. " You're a rude bastard with no manners. I'll teach you a lesson your 'land' didn't teach you, all right?" Before the boy could hit him, Jungkook swiftly punched him in the stomach and put his earphones back in. He then walked away as if nothing had happened but luck unfortunately wasn't on his si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter