Butterflies

Two Boys, One Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul Uni's campus was alive once again as students returned from their respective spring breaks with ample of stories to share. Everyone wore a bright smile as they chatted giddily about their hookups, break-ups, or simply flirtatious chats with strangers. But the Kim boys and Krystal were anything but happy, returning from the break. Why? It might have something to do with a certain lady of the house forcing them to clean their rooms, donate old clothes, and polish the garage filled with antiques. 

Krystal rolled out her neck and stretched out her arms. " Midterms start tomorrow." She had been chanting that statement ever since she stepped out from home and onto the school grounds. " They really expected us to study over break?" It was unbelievable to her that her professors and teachers would hold midterms after break instead of before. It was almost as if they wanted their students to thrive hard over break with sleepless nights and large doses of coffee.

L touched her shoulder before spotting Sungjong in the distance, " I'll see you for lunch. Meet me by the science building?" She sent him a nod and he grinned before taking off. She walked towards the office as a new semester had begun and her classes would be reset. She would be asked to choose new ones to 'enhance' one's mind and " expand it farther than imagined". At least those were the words that replayed in her head when Mr. Im let everyone out for Spring break. 

So she chose Art as an extra curricular. Kai had begged her to join him so he wouldn't be hunted by the female population in the class and she complied. She entered the classroom to find him seated at the very back on a stool, spinning in circles out of boredom. His expression brightened when he spotted her but the smile fell of his face when she took a seat at the front after meeting his eyes.  

She wants to act smart with me? Fine. Kai strode towards the front and even before she could react, snatched her bag and bottle and calmly walked back to his spot. Krystal was dumbfound as she hurriedly followed after him. He avoided her gaze but smirked nonetheless. " You're such an ," she hissed under her breath but he playfully stuck his tongue out. " An who you can't resist," he shot back. She rolled her eyes instinctively and chuckled.

The class was underway soon as their teacher, Mr. Nguyen-- a Vietnamese-Korean-- assigned them easy tasks of sketching inanimate objects for the day. Kai managed to draw some intriguing sketches of the potted plants along with a tool box set. Krystal was struggling and she blew her bangs in anger. How hard could it be to draw a simple palette of colors?

Pretty darn hard, actually.

Kai silently laughed at her side as he watched her grow frustrated at the color palette. She would have crumpled up her drawing if it hadn't been for Kai stepping in to help her out. He caught her right hand and placed his around hers. Her eyes flitted to his face but his stayed focused on the drawing. " I know I'm handsome but look at the drawing or you'll miss it," he said softly. There was a hint of provocation in his voice so she let it go and watched their hands as he guided it gently along the thick canvas paper.

Once the sketch was done, his hand never left hers and he watched a smile etch onto her face. She looked at him and beamed, " Thanks ," Kai shook his head with a laugh and gazed at their interlocked hands. Apparently, she noticed too when she squeezed his hand telling him to let go and he did so before clearing his throat awkwardly. " Uh your hands are really warm..." His stupid comment had him biting his tongue and turning the other way to concentrate on his sketch whereas Krystal gulped and tried to entertain herself with anything else. She smiled nonetheless.

 

Lunch was a crazy roller coaster for Seoul Uni's students since food trucks were limited and it was all based on first-come-first-served basis. L stood by the science building, waiting for Krystal while holding a bento box in his hands. He'd snagged the food from a Japanese exchange student who was sick of eating the delicacy so he had switched his Korean lunch for it. L's eyes roamed the area to spot the skinny girl but she was nowhere to be found. Did she forget? I'm starving.

" L? Yo Dude!" Woohyun waved his arms in the air as he exited the science building. L grimaced and cursed himself for forgetting that Woohyun had cellular biology with Krystal. " Hey man," L greeted back. Woohyun watched L's eyes roam behind him and he grinned when his eyes lit up. Woohyun glanced behind to catch a glimpse of Krystal leaving the building while struggling to close her bag.

He was a good friend so he pat L on the back, " Seulbi wants to have lunch today so I'll catch you later." Then he jogged off and L was grateful to get a chance with Krystal alone. He approached her with his signature smirk and grabbed her bag from her hands and put it on his shoulder instead. She looked up and a pleasant smile rest on her lips. " It refused to-"

" I know dummy, that's why I'll hold it for you," he reassured. The two walked into the main quad but L steered her away from the path that led to all the food trucks. " But aren't we going to-"

He sent her a smile that displayed his dimples. She caught her breath when she noticed the two adorable dimples and gulped slowly. " I've got lunch covered. Come on," he caught her hand and tugged on it while leading her away from all the commotion. They reached the music wing and he sat her by a tree and quickly disappeared into a classroom and later returned with a guitar in his hands.

She was more focused on lunch so she didn't notice the guitar. " What about lunch Myungsoo? I'm really hungry-" L shut her up by producing the bento from behind his back and she clapped her hands excitedly. She threw her arms around him and hugged the boy, catching him off-guard. He froze not knowing how to react but by the time his mind registered to hug the girl back, she leaned away and looked at the bento. " Aren't you going to eat?" She asked munching on some meat. He gulped and shook his head after watching her eyes practically turn into hearts at the sight of the food.

If she were this happy to see food, he would surely bring her all varieties just to see that smile light up her face. He watched her silently as she rambled on about her new classes and felt himself falling hard. He felt an 'oopmh' every time his eyes met hers and his heart squeezed when she wasn't around. Kim Myungsoo was falling in love and he didn't know it. 

Krystal picked up a piece of meat with her chopsticks and held it up for him to eat. Instead of taking the chopsticks from her hands, he grabbed her hand and took the meat into his mouth. She was stunned but recovered when she herself fed him another piece and he grinned in satisfaction. " Myungsoo, will you help me study tonight for the AP Physics midterm?" He wanted to so he crossed his arms across his chest and decided to revert back to the cold L.

" You have all the materials. You don't need me."

" Please?"

" Nope, I've got stuff to study for too."

" But you actually know the stuff! I don't remember anything!"

" Soojung, how will I help you?"

" By feeding me while I cram all the stuff from last semester into my brain?" Her cuteness exuded from the question and he widened his eyes. Feed her? What? 

He pointed behind her and the moment she turned around, he stole the last piece of meat from the bento and put half of it into his mouth. She turned back around and narrowed her eyes. She leaned in and bit the other half dangling from his lips and went back to ranting about the ample amount of studying she would have to do. L was shocked as he just sat there, not really listening to anything. 

Had she just indirectly kissed him? 

 

Wendy hid behind a pillar to spy on Suho as he trampled down the steps from the soccer field with a towel slung around his shoulder. She had dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter