040

Tell Me Your Inner Thoughts

No One's POV

"Your name was ______, right?" The boy smiled at you.

"And yours...Jungkook?", you answered hesitantly not sure whether your mind was fooling you or not.

"Exactly", he answered smiling brightly.

 

"What are you doing here?" He gazed past you up to the field you were standing in.

"I was searching...for something"

"Really?" Jungkooks eyebrows cocked up. "Here? At this place?" A quiet laughter escaped his lips as he looked around.

At this point you realized that you still were at the parking lot of this grocery store scanning the bushes for a bag. 

"Yeah...", you answered slowly now even laughing yourself.

"Shall I help you find it? I don't really have anything planned right now, so I have time."

"Ah no~ you don't have to." 

Though you actually didn't want him to leave sine you enjoyed his company, it probably would've been better if you'd search alone. Jimin probably wouldn't like him being by your side searching for his stuff.

„Then at least tell me what you're searching for, maybe I'll find it by any chance“ He flashed you his heart-warming smile causing your insides to tingle.

„Well then, let's say I'm searching for..a bag“, you hesitantly answered. You weren't sure if it was a good idea to tell him that the bag wasn't yours. You didn't want him to ask anymore so you just left this detail out. You wanted to protect Jimin, though you still didn't see Jungkook as someone who could be that dangerous for him. However, he was as nice as he was on the first day you saw him.
He wasn't like the others at all. He was loving, gentle and nice. Not as aggressive as this Namjoon guy. You liked him but he was in that clique as well. The former best friends of Jimin. Therefore you couldn't tell him the whole truth. He wouldn't understand, would he?

You wondered what he actually thought of Jimin. He didn't hate him, you simply knew that. He looked like the only one with a heart in this group. Maybe they would be able to befriend again?
You weren't sure about that though.
Jungkook probably liked Jimin nevertheless, but otherwise? Jimin's feelings were mixed when it came to them. At least it seemed like it. You never could be sure about that though since he hated showing his feelings. You always had to guess or make him open up to you.

So you simply left it like that: you were searching for a bag in the bushes of a parking lot next to a grocery store. That were the only informations Jungkook would get from you and though he was really nice and you had the urge to tell him everything you knew about that, this had to be all he would get. Jimin also needed his privacy. Especially when it came to someone like Jungkook.

Luckily, he was alright with that and decided to help you nevertheless. It was sweet of him though. 

 

However, since you haven't yet found anything during the following 30 minutes, not even with four eyes, you decided to give up. Although giving up was never an option for you, it seemed to be useless to continue searching. Someone must've taken it beforehand.

“I guess it's really not here. Are you sure you, or whoever has lost it, has left it at this very place?”, Jungkook sincerely claimed looking into your eyes.

You nodded in reply causing him to sigh quietly.

He'd told me that it was exactly this grocery store.

“Then I'm really sorry”

“It's okay”, you smiled at him, “but thanks for your help” If only he knew what it was all about.

“Well”, he started again, “Can I do something else for you then? I could buy a new bag if you want me to”, Jungkook gave you an encouraging smile but you just started to laugh. “What? You don't have to buy me anything! You don't even have something to do with that...ahhh why are you so sweet”, you said that last part more to yourself so he wouldn't be able to hear it.

“I'm sorry”, he chuckled shyly, “You just had this sad expression on your face I desperately wanted to brighten up”

Due to this, you looked up at him and smiled back feeling your heart warm up again. Why was he so nice to you? You barely even knew each other and it already felt like he wanted to do everything for you. Though you couldn't deny that you somehow liked that.

 

Realizing that you still were at the grocery store, chatting with a boy you probably shouldn't even chat with, you took out your mobile to take a glance at the watch. “Oh my- I need to go now”, you looked up at him with an apologizing expression causing him to chuckle. “It's okay. Maybe I could bring you home? It's late and this town isn't always that safe”

He was right. Though you always had thought that it was a nice place without much dangerous areas, that day had told you otherwise.

“Didn't you want to buy something or..” You couldn't even end this sentence since he shutted you up with holding up a full bag of groceries. “Already done”, he laughed a little.

“What? I didn't-” You only realized it now that he was carrying a bag. You haven't seen it the past few minutes. That's why he probably suggested to bring you home.

But should you really let him accompany you? You didn't know if that was a good idea but something in your mind told you to allow it.

You looked up at his eyes one last time as if they could tell you what to do before you made your decision.

 

“So you're in grade 11?” Jungkook stared at you with a grin on his face. “Wow, then I'm really older than you”

You looked up at him with curiosity waiting for him to continue. “And..how old are you?”

“I'm in 12th grade, 18 years old”, he flashed you his warm smile.

“Really?”, your eyes widened, “...but why is- ahh never mind”, you started but immediately regretted it so you waved it off again.

You intuitively wanted to talk about Jimin but you were a little afraid of how Jungkook might react. You definitely had to change topics now.

“What?” Jungkook curiously turned his head “What did you want to say?”

“Nothing, it's not important. But how about...uhm...we could meet up someday?” You spent him a weak smile but looked away right after you realized what you just have done.

What the ?! Am I stupid?! I didn't just ask him out, did I?!

But of course, Jungkooks smile grew wider and he suddenly stopped walking. “What?” He turned to face you. “Are you asking me out?”, he grinned playfully.

“What- No, wait..I don't know” What the .

“Pardon?”, he chuckled.

“I...”, you started until you decided to be honest with him after you'd realized that you've just had lost everything, “I actually didn't mean to” You gave him a shy smile to support your answer but you couldn't help it and started laughing a little causing him to chuckle even more.

“I know you've been trying to change the subject” Damn, I knew it. “But...what if I accept your offer?”

Jungkook stared deep into your eyes. He had shining brown eyes that were impossible to ignore while they gazed into your soul. They were beautiful, you thought, and it was really hard to keep a clear mind with them watching you. But you had to fight against his stare and turn on your brain once more if you wanted to think of something clever to answer.
Think of something clever? That was nearly impossible. Jungkook was the clever one, he'd probably already saw through you at your first encounter. But what could you lose? You had the right to meet up with someone as nice as he was. If there wasn't Jimin waiting for you to come home again. What would he do if he'd find out? You definitely had to talk to him about them. You only knew the view of Jungkook on this topic, you didn't exactly knew what Jimin thought.
You remembered him protecting you as you first met Namjoon and his clique. He had been really pissed at that moment but on the other hand, you also saw them at school together and he'd seemed different at that moment. As if he had wanted something, as if he had tried to get closer to them.
You really had to talk to him. But what should you do 
with Jungkook now? You couldn't just agree to that if Jimin wouldn't like it, could you? Well, it wasn't like you had to do what he wanted but you had wanted to help him. You wanted him to feel better and you'd probably only make it even with that. Well, except for the fact that you liked him and therefore didn't want him to hate you. But Jungkook had a much bigger affection on you than you wanted to admit. It would be the best if we wouldn't meet up, not yet at least.

As difficult as it was for you, you had to tell him no.

“I'm sorry but”, you paused and took a deep breath, “I don't think it's such a good idea”, you apologized with a guilty expression on your face.

“It's because of him, am I right?”, he sincerely answered still watching your reactions attentively.

“What? Who are you talking about?” This question was nonsense, of course you knew who he was talking about.

“Jimin. I saw you both at school together several times”, he paused a little, “and the thing with the ages and school grades was also about him, right? You wondered why he's in your grade and not in ours”

“How..do you know?” Now you were curious. How could he know all of this? How could he know that it was about Jimin in the first place?

However, it was useless to deny any of it, he was right for sure and he was serious about it.

“It's obvious” There was his smile again. Though it turned into a mischievous grin.

“Wait, what do you mean with that?!” You started to laugh at his expression while the heat slowly crept up your cheeks. “It's not like you think it is, really”

“Yeah, sure”, he grinned while the both of you continued walking.

You were glad that it seemed like he was okay with your decision on not meeting up with him. Though you still wondered how he found out all of this. Am I really that much of an open book?

 

 

The rest of the walk was more relaxed and felt less tensed. You talked about several things, made jokes and laughed together until you finally reached the house of your mother.

But that meant you had to tell him goodbye and who knew when you'd see him again.
You had always enjoyed his company and you'd loved talking to him. It was relaxing and he was so different from Jimin. That was why you actually were a little disappointed that he already had to go.

“So, we're here.”

“This is your home?” Jungkook looked up and down your house in amazement. “Wow, looks good”

“Idiot”, you chuckled. “It's just a normal house, not like a villa or something”

“I like it”, he smiled at you and after a short pause he added “How about we exchange phone numbers? Since you've already turned me down..."

You just rolled your eyes and took out your mobile. “Okay, if you're happier then”

“Of course I am”, he grinned in return while handing you his own mobile.

 

After the both of you typed their numbers in, you exchanged your phones again.

“Then..” Jungkook looked up at your house one last time “I guess it's time for me to go”

“Yeah”, you started to laugh a little and without further ado, Jungkook wrapped his arms around you and gave you a quick hug. His arms felt strong and warm and just for a glimpse of a second you felt safe. But just about the same amount of time it took for him to wrap his arms around you, he broke the hug again to leave.

Though he turned around one last time to tell you that he'd call you.

 

You watched him walk away until he was out of your reach before you entered the house.

As soon as you opened the door, you noticed Jimin approaching you. He stared at you with a harsh look on his face. Oh no.

“What did you do..with him?”






____________________________

A/N: Yaaaay! Another update ^-^ and the next chapter is already in process hehehee~ I hope you liked this longer chap~ please let me know in the comments and feel free to hit the subscribe and upvote button! <3 love you guys and see ya in the next chapter :**