036

Tell Me Your Inner Thoughts

No One's POV

Your eyes snapped open as your alarm clock rung.

"Outch" Your hand immediately found its way up to your head to where the pain came from, as if it would help it fade.

Staring at your watch, you knew you had to get up.

With slow motions, you pulled back your blankets and got out of your bed.

Your head felt as if you had drank two crates of alcohol all at once, it was awful. It hurt and your chest still felt tight.

Would it fade someday? Would the pain eventually go away?
How could you know?

You went down the stairs to eat something when you noticed your mother walking up to you.

"Love, how are you?"

"I don't want to go to school. mom" 

You sat down on the table covering your face with your hands.

But your mother just could not get enough.

"What?",her voice suddenly was filled with disgust. "Oh, don't tell me it's because of him. You still want to go and search him? I've told you multiple times to not do so.  Don't you see that he already had a bad influence on you? I am not-"

"MOM!",you blurted out to make her stop, "That is not even the case!"

"Then tell me what is! You always wanted to go to school, why not this time?"

"Because I'm not feeling well!? But why would I even tell you, you wouldn't believe me anyway"

With those last words you left the kitchen again running upstairs. You weren't even hungry anymore, thanks to her.

What the heck? Why is she like this?

As soon as you reached your room, you broke down into tears. First slowly, then all at once.

Why is everybody hating on me? What did I do wrong?! I just wanted to help...I haven't wanted anything bad..Was it all my fault?

Your whole body hurt and you felt dark and empty on the inside.

Why did your mother behave like this? Hana did the same.
It felt like everyone around you had turned against you. But why?

It just hurt. It hurt so much. 

At this point you wished you would have never helped that little girl on the first day of school that year as Jimin pushed her down. You should have never interfered. It would have been better.

But the voice in your head told you otherwise. If that wouldn't have happened, he could have been dead now, as broken as he had been.

But on the other side, the same could still happen now.

I'm just a failure. I had wanted to make everything right...but instead, I made everything even worse.

Maybe your mother was right, though? Maybe you should just stop searching after him? Even stop thinking about him?

That was nearly impossible, but maybe he'd be better off without you?

 

You picked up some clothes and went straight ahead to the bathroom, altought your tears still hadn't stopped.

You were late, you had to go to school now, although you didn't want to. 

What if he's in school?

It was unlikely, so you tried to push that thought away, but it didn't work out. 

 

After getting ready, you rushed down the stairs, up to the front door to not get in touch with your mother. But she was too fast.

"_____?"

You hesitantly stopped and turned around trying to put on the most decent look you could think of. 

"Shall I drive you by car? You'll be late if you'd walk by yourself..."

You couldn't say anything. You were afraid of what would happen if you'd be in the same car as your mother. Everytime you were together, it ended up in a fight and you didn't want to fight no more, you just wanted to be alone.

But your mother war right. You only had a few minutes left until school would start. You'd definitely be late.

Therefore, after a short silence, you nodded. 

"Let me just...", your mother started while grabbing her purse, but didn't finish the sentence.

Without anything else, she picked up the keys from the key holder and opened the front door for you.

With slow steps, you went outsidde feeling the bright sun kissing your skin. You'd always loved that weather, but that day, you couldn't enjoy it. The flowers growing in the garden, the cat crossing the street and the birds flying on top of your head. All of it seemed to be nonsense for you, it didn't matter at all.

You had changed so much the past couple of weeks. Was it all due to him? Did he really have a bad influence on you?

 

"_____?"

The voice of your mother brought you back to reality.

She already waited for you at the driver's side of the car wanting you to get in. So you did.

After she did the same, the engine was quietly and you drove off the plot. 

A few seconds of silence later, your mother started talking again.

"Listen",she sighed, "I'm sorry. I know you just want to help him, but I am worried. You have to understand, I am your mother, I don't want you to end up in hospital.. I understand that you probably know him more than everyone else does, but please be careful"

She looked over at you but you kept staring out of the window, feeling your eyes getting wet again.

"I don't want you to forget your dreams and goals, because of one single person. I apologize for being so hard on you the past few days, I'll try my best to support you, okay? I don't want to fight"

Then, you felt a warm hand on the inner side of your left thigh. Without realizing, you turned your head at the direction of your mother's fingers as a tear fell down moistening her hand.

"I am sorry"

"Mom", you looked up at her, crying. "I love you"

 

The car came to a stop as soon as you reached the parking lot of the school you went to. 

"Thanks for bringing me here", you gifted your mother a weak smile.

"Don't thank me for that. I'm your mom, remember?", she smiled back at you. "But wait, I've got something for you"

She reached into her purse and took out a paper bag.

"What is this?", you asked with a curious expression on your face.

"Food", she gave you an encouraging smile, "since you didn't make yourself something in the morning, caused by my mood swings"

Due to this sweet action, you gave your mother the greatest smile you could afford together with a big bear hug as your reached out for the paper bag.

"There you go, have a nice day at school, or at least as nice as it could get", she laughed a little trying to lift up your mood. 

"Thanks mom" You couldn't help but keep repeating it over and over again. 

With that, you got out of the car, closed the door behind you and waved goodbye to your beloved mother.

You were glad that the both of you managed to get along again. You were sick of arguing with her, or anyone else.

Now you only wanted to embrace your best friend and have a day with her. You didn't think of having a nice day, as your mother told you, because you knew it wouldn't be. Therefore you just wanted to have a day, together with your best friend.

 

On the way to your first period you looked around. But it felt strange seeing all these students. You suddenly felt unfamiliar with them, it was weird. Everyone was staring at you and you hated it.

Do I look that bad today? Or am i just imagining things?

But this luckily changed as soon as you spotted Hana in the crowd. Suddenly, a smile crept up your face and you forgot all of your worries. 

"Hana!", you rushed up to her and gave her a big hug as a greeting hoping that she'd be okay with that, after what has happened.

"Woahhh~ _____!", she hugged you back smiling brightly. Thanks god "How are you? Are you alright? You didn't talk to me since you went off yesterday..."

"I know and I'm sorry. But I'm better now, I guess"

But you slowly lost the ability to keep smiling as you looked into the sad eyes of your best friend.

"I was worried..."

"I'm sorry", you hugged her again.

"Did you...I mean...", she then looked around as if her next words would have been a crime" Did you find him?"

Hearing this, you lowered your head in grief.

"No...I didn't", you sighed.

You still weren't over it and you probably never would be. You couldn't get along with the thought that he would be better off without you. You missed him.

Therefore, Hana placed one of her petite hands on your cheek and gave you a sweet kiss on top of your nose. "I'm sure he'll show up anytime. Don't worry. Maybe he's here today?" She reached out for your hand an led you to the class room.

You were so glad she wasn't angry at you due to the incident the day before. That was why you always could call her your best friend. 

 

But Jimin wasn't there. Of course not.

Since your thoughts always went back to the different places where he could be at that moment, you couldn't even concentrate as your teacher talked about the project you needed to hand in.

! The project!!

Your eyes widened and you covered your mouth in shock as you realized what he just said. You had to hand in the project. Today! 

The said project you had to do with Jimin, before everything turned into hell. You'd completely forgotten it and of course, you didn't have the finished thing with you. It wasn't even finished yet.

"Hana! What do I do now?"

"Calm down, I'm sure you'll be allowed to hand it in later on!"

"Miss", Mr Cho interrupted you "What's the case?"

"Nothing", you answered, way too fast.

"Do you have the project with you?"

"Uhm...I.."

He sighed. "You're disappointing me. I'm sorry to say that, but that'll have consequences. The deadline was today. So 0 points for you and your partner."

What?! This can't be! I'm such an idiot!

You tried to hold back your tears but, like always, it was barely possible.

Why were you such a crybaby lately? 

You definitely had enough of this drama.

Could it even get worse? Probably not.

 

 

___________________________________

A/N: I'm back! Exam weeks are over and I have survived! YAY! The exams actually went pretty good, getting better hehee~ And finally a new chapter yay ^-^ longer one for you guys <3 Btw, I'm sorry, I know I already wanted to update on sunday/monday, but I didn't manage to do so >.< But here it is~ ^^' Hope you enjoy it anyways! If you do, please make sure to hit the subscribe button, leave a comment or upvote the story! And please tell me what I can do to make this fic better, I'd really appreciate some advice (plot, language and writing skills)! Thank you and I'll see ya in the next chapter! Love y'all <3