Chapter 21

My Dear Demon Angel

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Why must I take so much medicine all the time...? I'm tired of it...”
“I know that, but please just take it. It's for your own sake.”
“I'm scared... I don't want to see that doctor... He's scaring me...”
“Don't worry, everything will be fine.”

 

The woman dressed in black smiles at him as a man enters the plain and rather empty room. He stares up at the creep doctor who smiles widely at him and takes a seat in front of him. He feels how he curls together on the bed with his small feet resting on the mattress and his short legs pressed against his stomach. His arms are wrapped tightly around his legs and he stares at the big middle aged man with the wicked smile on his lips.

 

“So this is our new little friend. Hello there young boy.”
“We brought him, just like you wanted.”
“What about family?”
“None. He's an orphan and found on the street.”
“Good, now no one will be missing the poor little thing.”

 

The man speaks with a low and raspy voice, almost like he knows that he's terrifying him. He stares over at the woman who gets up of her chair before she gives him a quick last glance.

 

“You're in the hands of the doctor now. Do as he says and don't go against him.”
“W-Wait, I-I thought you would-”
“Be a good boy and listen to the doctor. Goodbye little boy.”

 

The woman leaves with a sad smile on her lips before the doctor steps up to him. His wicked smile spreads even more on his face and for a moment, the man looks like he just went crazy. He feels how he curls together even more on the bed and struggles to not cry in fear when the man steps closer.

 

“Now let's see what we can make out of you...”

 

***

 

Silent sobs fills the big and empty room. There floor is cold underneath his bare feet and the only comfort he finds is the corner he's sitting in, curled together as much as possible. He's scared – no terrified – and things are only getting worse. The nice woman left him alone with the wicked doctor who refuses to leave him alone. He's forced to take strange tests, take strange medicine and his body is aching. He's scared. He doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't want to be abounded.

Tears are streaming down his cheeks. He doesn't know how long he has been in here, but it has been days since he saw the woman last. Every day it becomes worse. Every day he hears about another child dying and he's scared. I don't want to die... I don't want to disappear... I want freedom... Please... Don't let me die... I'm scared...

 

Don't worry, I won't let you die. After all, I'm here.”

 

A sudden voice fills his head as he slowly looks up. The feeling of another presence makes him raise his head and his teary eyes stares into another pair of eyes in front of him. Though, to his horror the person in front of him looks scary familiar himself. He's short and a young child like himself. His hair is brown and messy, his skin is pale and his body looks like it has been staving – just like himself. The only difference he can see is the red glowing eyes that are staring right back at him.

 

“W-Who...? W-Who are you...?”

 

The young boy whispers gently towards the boy in front of him. The red eyed boy smiles slightly as he sits down in front of him and curls together on the spot – just like him.

 

It doesn't matter, does it? You're lonely, right?”
“H-How...? H-How did you get in here?”
“I can be anywhere I want as long you're there.”

 

He stares at the strange boy in front of him, but strangely enough the fear he felt a moment ago is gone. The boy smiles at him and a strange calmness reaches him. He gently reaches out a hand towards the boy and the boy happily follows his example. Their hands meet gently, but the difference in their body heat surprised him. A shiver runs through his body when his warm hand meets the cold hand of the red eyed boy. He looks up at the boy who smiles and reveals his rather sharp and strange looking teeth.

 

“Y-You're so cold... A-Are you... dead?”
“No, not really. I'm just... I'm just a part of you.”
“A-A part... of me...? How is that possible...?”
“Uhm... I don't really know... But from now and on, you don't have to worry. I will always be by your side. You will never be alone again, I promise.”
“N-Never? Y-You promise? T-Then, y-you will be my... friend?”
“Of course I will. You wanted someone to talk to, right?”

 

He feels how a weak smile spreads on his lips and how his hand gently grabs the other boy's hand. His hand is cold, but he can get used to it. As long he's not alone in the big white room. As long he's not alone in this strange place with the scary doctor. As long he has someone, he can withstand the pain he's feeling.

 

I promise you, I won't let you hurt alone. I will always be with you, always watch over you. You will never be alone ever again...”

 

***

 

The peaceful night is lingering around the room. But it wouldn't last for very long... He cries and screams in protest when two men in white grabs his arms and tells him to come with them. He kicks with his legs and screams, knowing what is about to come. He's dragged out of the room and into a big chamber where the wicked doctor is standing. The room is filled with different equipment and furniture. At one corner there is big metal chair and beside it a metal table. But what is terrifying him the most is the giant water tank in the middle of the room.

 

“No! Please! No! Not the tank! Please! I don't want to! Stop!”

 

The men didn't listen, it's like they're deaf to his screams. Tears streams down his cheeks while he screams his lungs off. The wicked doctor only glanced over at him when they entered the room and pointed the men to get him into the water tank. After a lot of struggling and even hitting, the men managed to get the equipment onto him and then pushes him down into the freezing water. The moment the cold water surrounds him, the suffocating feeling in his lungs overwhelms him. The pressure is hard and the coldness is making his already aching body hurt more.

Everything is getting darker and shortly the pain spreads in his body. He screams in pain and tries to get out, but it's useless. His whole body is burning despite the freezing water. It feels like his body is burning up, that it's on fire and is slowly melting him. He opens his mouth to scream, but whenever he does the water tries to stream into his mouth and suffocate him. The pressure is immense and the pain is too overwhelming. He can feel how his body is burning, how everything hurts and how he cries in both fear and pain.

 

Don't worry... I won't let them hurt you for much longer... Keep fighting... I will get you out... Don't worry, you're not alone...”

 

The voice whispers calming in his head, but it's not enough to comfort him. He keeps struggling and crying until blood fills the water. His body loses power and his eyes finally focuses on what is going on outside the tank. The wicked man is standing there, right in front of him, studying and enjoying to see him suffer. He stares back at the man who gestures for the men to bring him out. His burning body gets pulled out of the freezing tank and drags it over to the metal table. His wrists and ankles get tied carefully before the doctor walks up to him, his hands covered in green plastic gloves and his glasses pushed as far up on his nose as possible. In his right hand is a knife that nearly shines the closer the man leans down towards him.

In fear he closes his eyes, but it doesn't stop him from feeling the sharp knife against his skin. He screams and cries in pain, begging for the men to stop. But they aren't listening – they never do. He's just screaming helplessly into the peaceful night with no one to hear his prayers...

 

***

 

“I can't take it anymore... Please... I just want to die... I can't take it anymore...”

 

Tears wells down his cheeks while he stares at his trembling hands. He's not himself anymore. He's full of scars, his body is aching and it feels like he's losing himself. He's so scared he can't sleep, he's not allowed to eat and the medicine is making him throw up. His vomit contains mostly blood and it feels like his whole inside is rasped. He can't stop trembling, his mind is going crazy. He's losing himself.

Years has passed since he saw the outside world. He can't remember the last time he ate something warm and tasty. He can't remember the last time he slept in a warm bed. He can't remember the last time he wasn't curled together in a corner, fearing for his life and for what is going to happen next. Please... Make it end...

 

Don't worry... I'm right here for you... I promise to protect you...”
“You're lying! Y-You're not able to protect me!”
“I have protected you from death for years now. Aren't you grateful to me?”
“I don't want to live in this hell anymore! Please, just kill me already!”
“No... That would be a shame... Don't you want to live? Don't you want to see the world? What about going to school like other kids? What about eating tasty food? What about finding a nice family? What about falling in love? Do you really want to waste your precious life?”
“But... I can't do that... Look at me... I'm a mess... I'm.. a monster... Y-You saw what I did too... I-I killed a man... T-That thing... I-I became... I-It tore him apart...”
“It's because they're using you. You're not the one to blame, they are!”
“B-But I was the one who killed him! H-He was an innocent man! I-I killed someone with my bare hands! T-The blood won't go away...”
“Then let me help you. I will protect you, I promise. Just relax, let the monster form take over you. Don't worry, I will take control of it. I will protect you.”
“Y-You can't... You're not real...”
“I am very real and I will protect you. I promise...”

 

The cold hand against his wet cheek makes him look up from his trembling corner. The red eyes are staring into him and he feels how he gives in. He doesn't care anymore... He doesn't have the power to resist him anymore.

 

“I'm all yours...”

 

The words softly leaves his mouth before the pain spreads in his body. He cries in pain, but this time he doesn't resist it. He allows it to happen – he just doesn't have the power to stop it anymore.

 

I will get rid of your pain... Don't worry... I will make sure all of them disappear...”

 

***

 

What do you mean he's the sole survivor?! That can't be possible!”
“Lower your voice you idiot! He can still hear you!”
“D-Does that mean... H-He's the-”
“Shut it, he doesn't remember anything after all. Besides, we can't be sure that he's...”
“But still... Let's get out of here...”

 

He watches the adults walk around him, all of them eying him slightly while passing him. He's not sure what is going on, but all he knows is that he woke up covered in blood and he was in pain. He went in and out of consciousness for days until now. Apparently he has been unconscious for over two months and everyone keeps asking him if he remembers anything before the time he passed out. But he doesn't remember a thing...

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

A woman's soft voice echoes gently in the room as he slowly looks up. To his surprise, it's a young lady. Her long pitch black hair lights up her pale skin and her soft pink lips. She's beautiful, but she gives of a warm mother-like feeling. He studies her slightly as she walks over to him and sits down on the bed he's currently sitting on.

 

“Have you lost your voice?”

 

The woman asks with a weak smile while her eyes stares teasingly at him. She's beautiful, but she's also awfully familiar... Shyness takes over him as he curls together on the bed and carefully tries to open his mouth.

 

“I-I'm alright....”
“Ah, there it is! Your cute little voice is finally back!”

 

A slight blush spreads on his cheeks as the woman smiles at him. He wonders why he recognizes her so well... Before he can ask her if he knows her, there is a knock on the door and they both look up. There is a middle aged man in the door opening. His pitch black hair is slicked back nicely and the white coat hangs under his left arm and in his right hand he holds a suitcase.

 

“I'm sorry that I'm late, I heard about the incidence. Is this the young man you were talking about on the phone?”
“Ah, doctor! Thank you for coming! Yes, this is him. Isn't he cute?”

 

He studies the man with judging eyes. Something is telling him he doesn't like the white coat the man is holding nor the fact that he's a doctor.

 

Don't worry, he's not going to hurt you... I will make sure he doesn't touch you... I will make sure no one touches you ever again...”

 

The sudden voice surprised him as he looks around, but there is no one else in the room. The woman and the man stare strangely at him while he looks around before they leave the room to talk quickly. After a couple of minutes, the woman comes back into the room and sits down in front of him. She gently pats him on the head and studies his body that is wrapped in bandages.

 

“You know... You kind of look like a mummy, don't you agree?”

 

She laughs softly, but stops quickly when she notices that he's not laughing with her. She clears awkwardly before she tries to speak up again.

 

“Uhm... I'm actually here to ask you a couple of questions.”
“I don't have anything to say...”

 

He answers with a snort and turns his head away, ignoring the woman. She may be beautiful and she appears to be very kind, but he doesn't trust the people here. Everyone is staring weirdly at him, some even whisper about him being too dangerous to keep in a normal hospital as this one. He doesn't want to trust anyone at the moment...

 

“Omo, is someone being a little grumpy today? It's actually a little cute.”
“S-Stop calling me cute... No one is thinks I'm cute...”
“Then don't listen to them. They're fools, but not everyone here wants you harm.”
“And you're one of the few who don't want to harm me?”
“Like I said, I'm here to ask a couple of questions. Though I'm not here to interrogate you.”

 

He gives the woman a questioning look as she smile and gently his cheek. He wonders why she's being so tender with him: aren't they strangers? He studies her face a little longer before he notices her eyes becoming teary.

 

“I thought you would recognize me the moment you saw me... But I guess that you will never remember me again...”
“D-Do I... know you?”

 

The woman smiles as she gently grabs him and pulls him into an embrace. At first his whole body became tense and he doesn't know what is going on: he doesn't remember doing anything like this before. The woman's slender hands gently the back of his head as she gently whispers into his ear.

 

“Welcome back home Baekhyun-ah... I have missed you my little boy...”

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Panic grabs him as the sun slowly begins to set. He silently curses under his breath when he feels how he nearly loses his balance and almost twists his ankle. His body is already tired, but it's not weird since he's carrying more weight than what he's used to. He glances over his shoulder and listens to Baekhyun's anxious mumbling. His face is twitching slightly and he can hear him mutter something about creepy man and something else with a knife. What the hell is he dreaming...?

 

“For the love of gods, please let Sehun be on the meeting point in time...”

 

He mostly mumbles as he keeps walking down the forest. He wonders what is going on back at home. Who arrived first to the house? His own parents or Baekhyun's so-called mother? Who is that woman anyway? Baekhyun– No, he doesn't want to call him Baekhyun, but the other side of the boy said that the woman he called his mother isn't who he thinks it is. Honestly, he's really confused about the situation and his mind is still processing everything that has happened. The questions spin around in his head, making him slightly dizzy the more he tries to ignore them. As fast Baekhyun is awake and feeling better, he needs to get a couple of answers from him...

 

“Ah, I'm finally here!”

 

He shouts relieved when he finally spots the small forest path he used to play at when he was younger. Now all he needs to do is follow it straight away from the village and hopefully, at the end of it, Sehun should be waiting with a car. He just hopes that idiot could take his orders and not tell anyone where he was going – not even Kai. It's not like he doesn't trust Kai, but they have no idea what is going on and if one of them says anything to Baekhyun's mother, then things might end badly.

 

“Chanyeol...?”

 

His body stops the moment he hears a soft whisper reach his ear. He quickly throws a glance behind his back and stares into the dizzy brown eyes. Baekhyun is staring right back at him, but he looks like he's about to pass out any second.

 

“B-Baekhyun! You're awake! Are you alright? Are you hurt?”
“I-I feel sick... I-I'm burning up... H-Help me... Please...”
“Don't worry, I'm trying my hardest to help you-”
“I-It hurts... Please... I can't take it... Please...”

 

Tears streams down Baekhyun's cheeks and watches how he desperately clings onto him. A sharp pain hits his heart while seeing Baekhyun desperately begging him to stop the pain he's feeling. If there had been anything he could have done, he would obviously have done it right away. But he's powerless and has no idea what is going on.

 

“Please keep fighting, we're almost out of here. Just a little longer, okay?”
“No... No more... I beg you... No more... Please... No more...”

 

He tries to keep walking down the path and listens to Baekhyun's desperate mumbles. Then he feels how Baekhyun's head rests on his shoulder again, though his muttering doesn't stop for another five minutes. Eventually Baekhyun passes out again, though the tears on his cheeks won't stop streaming down. He bites his lower lip in frustration and decides that he will try to figure out what is going on the moment they're in the car. If he has too, he will have to call Baekhyun's mother and scold her openly. He can't stand seeing Baekhyun hurt like this – he can't stand hearing him beg him to stop the pain.

 

***

 

After walking for another 20 minutes, he finally spots a car in the distance. His heart begins to beat full of hope as he speeds up. He's careful to not twist his ankle or to drop Baekhyun, but he can't wait to put Baekhyun down in the car and let him rest. Though, the moment he comes within ten meters reach, he notices that there is more than one car. His heart literally sinks down to his stomach as he stops dead. He can hear his heart pounding hard in his eardrums and for a moment, he panics.

 

“T-They caught up to us...? B-But how...?”

 

The cold sweat begins to roll down his forehead and the panic is becoming worse. There are two cars standing at the end of the path – a white one and a black one. He's just about to turn around and run when he sees how Sehun throws himself out of one of the cars and then there is Kai suddenly appearing from the other one.

 

“Hyung! We're right over here!”
“What the hell is taking you so long?!”

 

Hesitation fills him as he stares at his best friends. Why are there two cars? Why is Kai here? Did Sehun call him? What did he say? Could there be anyone else there?

 

Don't worry... They're alone.”

 

He nearly shivers when he feels Baekhyun whisper gently into his ear, but he could tell it's not Baekhyun who is speaking – it's him. He slowly begins to walk towards his two friends who got tired of waiting and begun to run over to him. The moment they spots Baekhyun resting on his back, their faces turns pale and they study the blood on their clothes. That's right, Baekhyun is bloody and Chanyeol is also bloody from the bite mark Baekhyun left on him.

 

“I know it looks really bad-”
“What the hell has happened with you two?!”
“S-Should we call the police?”
“No! Definitely not! No one can know we're here! NO ONE.”

 

The seriousness in his voice shuts his friends mouths as he keeps walking towards the cars. Honestly, he's not sure what to do from now and on. Baekhyun is in pain, obviously, and his other person, uhm... Him... Whatever he should call him, he's not sure what to do in this situation either. He just told him to keep walking and take care of Baekhyun's body – but what about now? Where are they supposed to go?

 

“Hyung, what is going on? You look horrible!”
“What has happened with Baekhyun? I-Is he hurt?”
“Listen, I don't know what is going on either! I'm literally freaking out myself! We just needs to get out of here and let Baekhyun rest. We need to find somewhere we can hide outside the village and it's fast.”
“Wait, why does it sound like you have kidnapped him?”
“Because technically I have done just that! It's not like you think, I swear, but right now we can't allow anyone to find us. Baekhyun's life is in danger if they find him.”
“Who are they?”
“Listen to me! Both of you! If you're going to ask me thousand questions instead of helping me out, then you can leave! Right now I can't answer anything more than that Baekhyun's life is in danger and we need to get out of here. I will explain everything as fast as possible, I promise. But not all three of us can disappear out of nowhere.”
“Well, isn't it rather convenient that I was asked to go and look after my family's summer cabin today?”

 

Kai smirks slightly as Sehun nods quickly. He feels the relief wash over him when his both friends are fast to try to help him out. He's glad they don't think he's some psycho murdered who has kidnapped poor Baekhyun.

 

“Kai, can we-?”
“That's why Sehun called. He got a feeling that you had done something stupid. Though... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be terrified or just anxious about the situation.”
“I know it seems weird, but I really need to get him to safety. Please, I won't ask for much more than a place to stay just for tonight.”
“Well, I was supposed to go to the summer cabin with Sehun anyway, no one will suspect us going. Though... If you disappeared out of nowhere, don't you think they might try looking for us at my summer cabin?”
“Not as long you didn't tell anyone that you were going to see me.”
“I did as you said and didn't tell anyone about where I was going. All I mentioned was that I would go out and might not come back until tomorrow morning.”
“Good. Please help me with getting Baekhyun into a car. I don't care which it is, just get him out of here.”

 

The other two nods and hurries to help him put Baekhyun in the white car. When everything is settled, they exchange a couple of glances before Sehun lets out a long sigh.

 

“Let's take one car, there is no need for us to take two cars – it will bring too much attention. Kai, let's take your car since you were supposed to go to the summer cabin anyway.”

 

He nods as they all get into the car. Sehun and Kai settle in the front and Chanyeol settle in the back with Baekhyun lying on the seats. He lets the shorter man's head rest against his lap as he slowly his cheek and plays with his hair. He looks to be in pain, yet he also seem to be in deep sleep. He wonders what he's dreaming... He just hopes it's nothing bad.

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

I know it was ages ago since I update this fiction (and most of my other fictions). BUT. Here I am, trying to redeem myself! ^.^

I just want to thank you for your patience and I will try to continue updating a little more from now and on. Hopefully I will be able to update soon again. ^.^

Thank you for the wonderful support! I love you guys so much and without you, I wouldn't be able to keep writing like I do. Once again, I'm very grateful to have you and I hope that you will keep supporting me. ^.^

Till next time, take good care of yourself! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3