Ball Clothes Hunting

My Dear Demon Angel

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

He has no idea how he ended up like this. First of all, he just mentioned that he has to go and find clothes for the senior ball to his mother and BAM! He and Kyungsoo and his mother suddenly had to go to the shopping mall to find clothes. He didn't intend to go to the ball but now when it's getting short on time, they have to go and find something to wear pretty fast.

Baekhyun wasn't even sure how to dress up. He means, Kyungsoo claimed that Chanyeol kind of wanted him to dress up as an girl, but Chanyeol had told him to dress however he wants too. Baekhyun is so confused and his mother and Kyungsoo is as confused at himself.

 

I don't know... If you're going to dress up as a girl, you would need a pretty dress and a wig and makeup and high heels and-”
“Omo, that's too much even for me!”
“But if you dress up as yourself, you will have to find something special and it will probably be more expensive than you think. I mean, Chanyeol is probably going for black, right? Then you will have to find something elegant yet different from his.”
“Omo... That's... hard too...”
“Mm, so whichever you pick, it will take time and hard work.”

 

Baekhyun sighed tired as he stared at all the shops. There isn't much to choose here, but on the other hand they don't have time to go to any bigger city to shop for clothes. Baekhyun stared at his mother for help as she smirked.

 

I think the girl outfit is perfect!”
“You think? Well, wouldn't it be more like a joke?”

 

Kyungsoo asked as he stared at Baekhyun for a long time just like his mother. Baekhyun doesn't seem to get any chance to say his own opinion because they both are too busy discussing it for him.

 

Well yeah, it might seem like a joke too. But if we buy the right stuff, no one will be able to tell that he's a boy.”
“That's true, but maybe Chanyeol won't like it?”
“That's true... But didn't he say he wanted to see Baekhyun in a dress?”
“Well yeah, but to see someone in a dress and to go to a ball with a boy in a dress is two different things.”
“But it' a ball! Shouldn't he wear a dress?”
“Isn't that the girls job?”
“But technically he's the girl right now.”
“Oh, I see how you're thinking. Then maybe he should wear a dress?”
“Y-Yah! Don't I get to say anything?!”
“No, not really.”
“Sorry Baek, but this time you should let us decide.”
“B-But-”
“Oh come on! You have dressed up like a girl before!”
“But it's not the same thing!”
“It is! Now come here, I know exactly where we should begin!”

 

Baekhyun felt how his mother grabbed his wrist with a huge smile on her lips. Kyungsoo happily followed her as Baekhyun sighed. He doesn't get to have an opinion about this at all...

 

***

 

No, this one is better!”
“It's a lovely color, but this dress' figure is better.”
“But the color is totally off.”
“Maybe, but it looks better on.”
“Oh can you two just pick out new ones instead?”

 

Baekhyun whined tired as Kyungsoo and his mother nodded and hurried away. Baekhyun hates this situation. Everyone stares at them and Baekhyun feels so embarrassed at the moment. He has tried out a couple of dresses, but none seems to be good enough for his mother and Kyungsoo. But isn't it supposed to be up to Baekhyun to choose?

Baekhyun sighed as he waited for Kyungsoo and his mother to come back. It took a while before they came back with two dresses each as they held them out to Baekhyun who sighed. This is going to take the whole day!

 

Hurry up and get changed.”
“We still have to figure out how to fix the rest.”
“Can't you two read my mood just a little bit?”
“Nope, not right now!”
“We don't have time for that!”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he got pushed into the changing room. Baekhyun stared at the dresses for some seconds before he put them away and walked out of the changing room. His mother and Kyungsoo stared dumbly after him as he walked straight out of the store.

 

B-Baekhyun?”
“H-Hey, where are you going?”
“Home!”
“W-Wait what?!”
“I'm tired!”

 

Baekhyun walked fast as he felt his head ache. Oh god, all this is making him feel so exhausted and tired. They can't understand how tiring it is to listen to them!

 

Baekhyun wait!”
“Wait up sweetie!”

 

Baekhyun slowed down a little as his mother and Kyungsoo could catch up to him. He didn't stop though, he just kept walking while waiting for them to ask him to stay.

 

What are you doing?”
“You know we don't have that much time and-”
“Oh please! It's two days left! We got plenty of time!”
“But tomorrow we will be busy with other stuff and-”
“You're stressing too much and besides, you won't listen to me.”
“We do-”
“No you don't. You didn't even ask me what I thought and you just drag me around like I'm a doll. I love you both, but this is too much for me.”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he had to stop. His head is aching so hard. Why is it aching this badly? Baekhyun felt his mother's hand land on his shoulders as she squeezed them carefully.

 

I'm sorry sweetie, is this taking on you?”
“Yes it does. We should just sit down and think before we start doing anything.”
“If that is what you think is the best, then let's do that.”
“Finally you're listening to me.”

 

Baekhyun and his mother and Kyungsoo walked to the nearest cafe and sat down with a cup of coffee or tea each. Then the planning begun.

 

So, since this is your ball and not ours; how do you want to dress?”
“I'm not sure, but let's make up two plans. One for girl outfit and one for normal one.”
“Okay, sounds like a good start.”
“The dress colors should be either purple or green and not too short but not too long.”
“Around knee height with other words.”
“Yes.”
“May I suggest that we should find a wig with long brown hair and with curls?”
“Light brown or brown?”
“Maybe something in between to match Baekhyun's own hair color.”
“Sounds perfect.”
“The makeup can wait until tomorrow, but what about high heels?”
“Well, black ones are the best.”
“Sounds like we got it all then.”
“To the normal outfit we should get...”
“Uhm... This one is kind of hard since we don't know how Chanyeol is going to dress up like.”
“Yeah, but he dresses in black, like black pants white shirt and a black blazer. That is the most common way to dress.”
“Then you can wear black pants and a nice shirt instead of a blazer.”
“But aren't blazers like a standard on a ball?”
“Uhm well, it is but-”
“Then he might need a blazer.”
“Oh for god's sake, let's just go for the damn girl outfit then.”

 

Baekhyun felt how tired he got of thinking. It's really hard to find nice clothes that aren't black and similar looking to Chanyeol's damn clothes. Baekhyun's mother and Kyungsoo hesitated before they nodded and smiled.

 

Then let's go for the girl outfit if that is what you want.”
“I don't want to copy Chanyeol's clothes, but I'm not sure if I want to be a girl.”
“I know, let's call Chanyeol and ask him what he truly wants!”
“Speaking about the devil, Kai is calling.”
“He isn't Chanyeol though.”
“But he's with him.”
“Really?! Then pick up!”
“I'm on my way!”
“Speaker! Put him on speaker!”
“Alright!”

 

Kyungsoo fiddle a little with his phone before he managed to answer the call and put Kai on the speaker.

 

Hello honey.”
“Hey Kyungie! How is it going?”
“Oh you know, the ordinary problems.”
“I see, so where are you?”
“Just at the mall. We're tired of looking so we took a break.”
“Aha I see.”
“Hey, do you got Chanyeol with you?”
“Uhm, maybe? Why are you wondering?”
“Well, Baekhyun has gotten really mixed signals about how to dress and we're all really tired of just running around like fools.”
“Oh, is it about the whole girl or boy outfit?”
“Yeah, do you know what Chanyeol would want the most?”
“Well... I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really mind, as long as Baekhyun is comfortable.”
“Oh, that's good to hear! But he wouldn't mind any of it then.”
“He says that as long Baekhyun is still himself and that he feels happy and not uncomfortable, he doesn't mind anything at all.”
“Great to know! Then I will go now!”
“Okay, bye baby!”
“Bye!”

 

Baekhyun sighed tired as fast Kyungsoo hung up on Kai. So they didn't get any more specific answer from them anyway. But on the other hand, Baekhyun feels really happy that Chanyeol answered like he did. It makes him feel... safe and rather comfortable.

But the thing is, Baekhyun is still worried about something going to happen at the ball. Maybe if he dress up like a girl, no one will recognize him and if something happens, no one will know that it was him who turned into something freaky. Only Chanyeol will know, but that can't be helped. So with other words, the safest outfit should be the girl outfit.

 

Okay, I made up my mind.”
“You have?”
“The girl outfit it is.”
“Are you sure?”
“I'm sure.”
“Then shall we go?”
“Let's go searching for a green or purple dress!”

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

So? Where are they?”

 

Sehun asked curiously as Kai put down his phone with a huge smirk on his face. Chanyeol is as curious as Sehun. Where are they at?

 

They're here at the mall! They said they took a break between the shopping, so they should be near the cafe.”
“Shall we sneak after them then?”
“Sure, but just don't let them spot us.”
“Chanyeol, it means head down.”
“Oh shut up!”

 

Chanyeol sighed as he walked after Sehun and Kai who looked carefully around after Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and of course Baekhyun's mother. They found one of the two cafes they have in the shopping mall, but they assumed it wasn't that one Baekhyun and the others were at since it lays between all the girl stores.

 

Do you think he will dress up as a girl?”
“I think that he's more comfortable in normal clothes.”
“That's true.”
“Then they must be over here then.”
“Let's go and look for them.”

 

They all nodded as they headed towards the more “manly” clothe stores in the shopping mall.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

No, not that one. Too dazzling.”
“And this one is too tight?”
“No, it might work, but the color seems weird.”
“Okay, we got three dresses you can try out here.”
“I liked the purple one from the other store too.”
“Yeah, but we will keep looking through at least five stores before we decide.”
“The marine blue dresses are also fine here.”
“I thought so too!”
“Okay, I will try these three out while you go on to the next store.”
“Yes sir!”

 

Baekhyun hurried into a changing room and tried the dresses out. This feels so weird! But at the same time, it's kind of thrilling. To try out woman's clothes is weird yet something Baekhyun has always found quite... funny.

 

No, too tight. And this one was too long and this one... Oh god, no.”

 

Baekhyun didn't like any of the dresses and to be honest, there are few dresses he actually likes. He has been going on like this for ages now, but soon he would find the perfect dress.

 

***

 

The last store.”
“Let's go for it!”
“I will look with you this time.”
“Okay.”

 

Baekhyun walked around the clothes like his mother and Kyungsoo. He was busy with looking like the others so he didn't notice that he felt a couple of eyes at him. In the middle of his searching, he accidentally made one of the dresses fall to the floor as he couched down to pick it up. No, this is not the perfect dress he's looking for.

When he stands up to put the dress back, he looks up and sees a giant person dive down behind a stand of clothes as he couldn't help to laugh. He thinks he knows who it is. Baekhyun sneaked towards the the giant person, but before he could reach him, someone stopped him.

 

This is it! This is definitely it!”
“Woah, this one? I like it!”
“Try it on! Hurry! And you young man, out!”
“M-Miss Byun-”
“You want to see your date beautiful?”
“W-Well, y-y-”
“Then leave! Leave this to us, okay?”

 

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol who looked embarrassed and soon enough Kai and Sehun showed themselves. Baekhyun couldn't stop laughing at them as they awkwardly left he store with Kyungsoo following them out.

 

Okay honey, now try the dress on.”

 

Baekhyun nodded with a smile as he hurried over to the changing room. He tried the dress on and pretended that he didn't see his a little hairy legs. Time to shave them again huh? Oh god, that sounded so girlish! But on the other hand, he likes to have his legs shaved or waxed. It doesn't matter what he does, as long the hair disappears.

 

Omo... I like this one... I... I think this is it.”
“Can I see?!”

 

Baekhyun's mother peeked into the changing room excited as she smiled big. She definitely approved the dress.

 

What am I missing?”
“The perfect dress!”
“What?! Really?!”

 

Baekhyun turned shyly towards Kyungsoo who smiled big. This is it! This is the dress! They found it! Now they will just find a wig, but that is way easier than finding a dress. And Baekhyun's mother already has plenty high heels he can borrow. So it pretty much means that the hunt is over!

 

Well, all we have to do now is to wax your legs, fix the wig and the makeup!”
“And tomorrow is the last day of school!”
“And over tomorrow is the big night!”
“I can't believe that I'm doing this crazy .”
“Haha, me neither!”

 

Baekhyun smiled at his mother who seemed really happy about his decision to go. He also feels a little better about his decision, he just wished he knew what he threw himself into.

 

***

 

Hi big boy.”
“Hi beautiful!”
“I saw you today, at the mall.”
“No ! Your mother sent us out!”
“Haha, it's not weird. You were peeking.”
“Not really, we just took a look at what you did. We searched over the whole mall for you!”
“Haha, I know that! So, what did you see?”
“Oh just your beautiful face and how you shined so beautifully among the clothes and other girls.”
“Yah, are you calling me a girl?”
”N-No! Don't misunderstand that!”
“Haha, I was just joking! So, did you find your clothes for the ball?”
“Yes I did! Did you?”
“I think so! But don't except too much of me, okay? I will probably not look like you will imagine.”
“You think you will look even better?”
“No, worse.”
“Oh don't say that! You will look great, no matter what. And I won't really care since it's you whom I'm going to go with.”
“Chanyeol... Thank you.”
“For what?”
“For taking me to the ball. I... I can't describe how weird it feels, but I'm also really touched. I mean, you could have gone with a real pretty girl, but you chose me instead of them. I'm... I'm really honored.”
“Oh Baek, you still don't get it, do you?”
“I don't think I do.”
“Haha, I will tell you on the ball then.”
“Okay... But don't make me wait for too long!”
“I won't! I will tell you at the ball, I promise!”
“Then... I see you there.”
“We won't meet tomorrow after school?”
“No silly, you're graduating tomorrow! Have you forgotten about it?”
“Oh... You're right.”
“You will be busy with your family and celebrate your graduation and-”
“Can you come and see me too? I mean... I think you're special to me too.”

 

Baekhyun felt like crying. What is wrong with him? He has never wanted to cry like this before. Is he really that touched? He wishes he could hug Chanyeol right now.

 

Baekhyun? Hello?”
“I will try to come by then.”
“Thanks Baek! Then I hope to see you tomorrow! Even if it is in the middle of the night, I will wait for you!”
“Great! Then I will try to come tomorrow.”
“Then see you tomorrow B.”
“Yeah, I see you tomorrow Yeol. Goodnight.”
“Goodnight beautiful and sleep tight.”

 


Ayo guys! How are you doing?! ^.^

Okay today I will keep everything short! I'm really busy with school so please be patient with the chapters! Trust me, I will update whenever I can! I love you all! ^.^

Thanks for all wonderful support, it means a lot to me so THANK YOU <3

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you guys! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3