Insecure

My Dear Demon Angel

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun groaned tired as he sat up with his head filled with pain. Where did this sudden headache come from? Omo, he's so hungry... Baekhyun dragged himself out of the bed as he stumbled over to his door to get a couple of painkillers and a glass of water to swallow the painkillers.

As fast he exits his room, his head suddenly begun to spin and for a moment everything went pitch black in front of his eyes. Sure, it's already in the middle of the night, but Baekhyun could see pretty well thanks to the lampposts outside the house. The light from the lampposts shines strong enough for him to see where he walks, but suddenly everything went pitch black in front of his eyes.

Baekhyun suddenly feels how his body is getting numb and for a moment, it felt like he didn't have control of it. But when he finally could see again and the sudden dizziness disappeared, he found himself stand in the kitchen and not outside his room. His hands are shaking for a reason he can't understand and when he looks down on the floor in front of him, he finds a glass lay on the floor in pieces.

 

Baekhyun?! Baekhyun si that you?!”

 

Baekhyun can only stare at the glass as his mother comes running into the kitchen with a bathrobe around her body. She's fast to check Baekhyun's hands as he just stares at them. Why... can't he remember picking out the glass? And why... is it in pieces on the floor?

 

Oh no, you have cut yourself. Honey, are you there? Can you hear me?”
“Mm...”
“Come here, watch out so you don't step on the glass.”

 

Baekhyun got led away from the broken glass as his mother sighed and took a closer look at Baekhyun's hands after she had the lights.

 

That's weird... I swear I saw a cut on your hand...”
“I'm fine, I don't feel any pain.”
“Are you sure?”
“Mm, you must have seen wrong.”
“Oh god, what are you doing up this late?”
“Sorry... I woke up with a huge headache and I was just going to fetch some painkillers and a glass of water...”
“And then you accidentally dropped the glass, I see. What a relief that it was you though.”
“Who did you think it was?”
“I don't know, a couple of thieves or something.”
“Oh... That's true.”
“How is your head? Is it okay? Do you need a couple of painkillers?”
“No... Not anymore... It's... gone.”
“Oh sweetie, you look exhausted. Go back to your bed now, I will clean up here.”
“But it was me who-”
“You must go up early tomorrow, it's soon the last day of school before the summer break. You should hang in there, okay?”
“Okay... But are you sure that-?”
“Baekhyun, go to bed now. I love you.”
“I love you too mom.”

 

Baekhyun kissed his mother on the cheek before he went back up to his room. To be honest, he's terrified. Why can't he remember going down to the kitchen? Why did he drop the glass? How couldn't he hear it break? Baekhyun is scared, but he tries to ignore it as he just goes back to his room and goes back to his bed. He's actually exhausted for a reason he can't understand, but it must be after the long day.

 

***

 

Have you ever woke up and thought about something you need to do, like go fetch a glass of water, then you suddenly find yourself standing with a glass with water in the kitchen?”

 

Baekhyun asked carefully to Kyungsoo who looked curiously at him. They had met up earlier today and is waiting for class to begin, but since it's not that much left to do, everyone is just talking and reading books during classes anyway.

 

Uhm... I think it's called sleepwalking. You might have dreamed about it and when you actually woke up, you stood in the kitchen with a glass of water.”
“Oh... That's actually something I think happened last night.”
“Huh? Do you sleepwalk?”
“Apparently I do since I don't remembering going downstairs to fetch a glass of water but then I suddenly stands in the kitchen with a glass in my hand.”
“That's... Scary. Haha, you can actually sleepwalk then!”

 

Kyungsoo laughed as Baekhyun smiled, but to be honest he's a little freaked out after last night. After all, he has never sleepwalked in his whole life, what he can remember that is. His mother also seemed really surprised, which probably means that this is the first time something like that has happened.

 

Have you ever sleepwalked Kyungsoo?”
“Me? No, not what I know. But people say that some people never sleepwalks and some people do it often. Then there are people who might do it once or twice during their life, but not more.”
“Ah, so it wouldn't be weird if I sleepwalked last night but never before?”
“I don't think so, but I'm not an expert.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he thought a little longer about it, but then he decided to let it go. After all, he could have sleepwalked last night. But things has been so weird since he stopped eat his medicine properly. First the weird pain, then he collapsed and yesterday after he had collapsed, he felt so weird. He thought about weird things and last night was just... scary.

 

Are you alright Baekhyun? You look really bothered by something.”
“Ah, sorry, I was just thinking.”
“Thinking about what?”
“About... everything that has happened lately. You met Kai and I met Chanyeol and we're going out and all. And we became friends right away and we also got to know Sehun, who is also really nice.”
“I see, you're thinking about how much that has happened lately. But why do you look so bothered?”
“I don't know, it's just something that is bothering. But I can't tell what it is.”
“Haha, don't worry, it's probably nothing. Aren't you getting excited about the Seniors ball?”
“W-Well, a-about that...”
“What is it?”

 

Kyungsoo begun to look worried as Baekhyun felt how he hesitated a little before he opened his mouth again.

 

I-I don't think... I-I w-want to go...”
“W-What?! Why not?!”
“P-Please don't scream like that.”

 

Baekhyun blushed as Kyungsoo lowered his voice fast to not attract any more attention. Baekhyun sighed as he stared down at the table in front of him. How should he explain this?

 

It's just that... I haven't felt that well lately and... I'm scared that I will suddenly pass out during the party.”
“Now when you say it... You passed out during the class trip.”
“Mm, and I'm scared that I will do it again during the Senior party.”
“Oh... But you can go and then leave early. That way you can still go and have fun for a while. What about it?”
“Well... Maybe... I don't know...”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as Baekhyun stared down at the table in silence. Maybe he should reconsider Chanyeol's offer and tell him off before it's too late for him to find another date. After all, the party is coming up really soon and it would be mean if Baekhyun would suddenly turn Chanyeol down the day before the party.

 

I just... I just think that it's better if he goes with someone else, like someone from his class. He got many friends, right? There must be someone who doesn't have a date yet. If I turn him down now, he will still have time to find a new date and-”
“I don't think that will make him that happy. You said yes and he was really happy about it. He's really excited about it and if you turn him down, he might think that he has done something wrong.”

 

Baekhyun held in a sigh as he only nodded. But if Kyungsoo only knew what has going on with Baekhyun lately, he wouldn't hesitate to tell Baekhyun to not go. He would have told Baekhyun that it's too risky and that he should stay home.

 

Are you sure about this Baekhyun?”
“I will talk with Chanyeol and see what he says. I know I will make him upset, but it's more complicated than what you guys think.”
“Then explain it to me so I can understand.”
“I wish I could, but I can't. It's too complicated.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he looked disappointed, but he didn't complain about it. Baekhyun truly trust Kyungsoo, but the thing is he doesn't know how he should say it. How is he supposed to tell Kyungsoo that it feels like his whole body is changing and it's changing into something he's not sure of what it is.

 

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know yet. I might just be nervous.”
“That's right! Don't back out before you're 100% sure about it!”
“Haha, okay.”

 

Baekhyun smiled as Kyungsoo smiled as big himself. But Baekhyun is truly unsure about what he should do. Well, he will talk to Chanyeol as fast as possible about it, which means he can talk about it today after school. After all, Chanyeol promised to meet him up by the park today to hangout a little and talk. Baekhyun just hopes that he won't upset him.

 

***

 

Chanyeol! Over here!”
“There you are! I was looking for you!”
“Haha, I was sitting here all the time!”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he walked over to the swings where Baekhyun sat. Baekhyun just swung a little while he waited for Chanyeol to come and meet him up. Chanyeol sat down beside Baekhyun on another swing as they smiled, but all Baekhyun could think of was about the Senior party.

 

How are you? You still look a little pale from yesterday.”
“Ah, I'm fine. But actually...”
“What is it?”
“Well... It's about the Senior party.”
“Ah, about that! What are you going to wear? Have you decided yet?”

 

Baekhyun felt how the pressure hit him as he couldn't look at Chanyeol anymore. Why does he feel so ashamed? Is it because Chanyeol is so excited about the Senior party and he's going to ruin it?

 

Chanyeol, listen... Something has happened.”
“What has happened?”

 

Chanyeol turned from cheerful and excited to dead serious within a second. Baekhyun felt kind of relieved that he looked seriously at Baekhyun, but he's still scared to make Chanyeol upset. What should he do? He needs to talk with Chanyeol about this, but he's not even sure about it himself.

 

This is just... my thoughts just so you know. I have been thinking a lot about the Senior party and... I'm scared to go.”
“Why are you scared? No one will bully you if that is what you think.”
“No, it's not that. I'm scared to... I'm scared to pass out in the middle of the party. I haven't been feeling that well lately and I'm scared to pass out again.”
“Oh... I see...”

 

The disappointment filled Chanyeol as Baekhyun felt the pain inside of him. He didn't mean to cause Chanyeol pain, not like this. Baekhyun sighed as he kicked the ground to get the swing to move a little. This wasn't really how he imagined Chanyeol to react. He thought he would get mad and get upset, but now he's just looking disappointed which almost hurts more.

 

I want to go, it's not that. I got really happy when you asked me out like that, but... I'm also really scared at the same time. I don't know what to do, so I thought that I could talk with you about it. You seem to be so wise and calm sometimes, so I thought that maybe... Maybe you could help me out.”
“Oh... Well... I don't know what to say. I'm not the one who feels ill and if you don't feel well, I don't think you should push yourself too hard. You passed out on the school trip after all. But to be honest, I think you should be fine. I haven't noticed anything different except that you acted a little funny last night, that's all.”
“Oh, so you think I should go?”
“Actually, I would love to say yes, please go with me and ignore the fact that you don't feel that well. But I'm worried about you. I don't want to push you to your limits and make you feel worse than what you're doing.”
“I see... So you don't know either?”
“No... Not really... I'm still not the one who feels ill, so I can't say anything. All I can do is to promise to watch over you. I will make sure you get fresh air from time to time and I will take you home if you feel just the slightest ill. If you now decide to go, it's up to you.”

 

Chanyeol smiled one of his charming smiles as Baekhyun almost died on the spot. Why is Chanyeol so nice and caring? Baekhyun felt how he reached out his hand and grabbed Chanyeol's as he smiled big.

 

I'm so glad that you talked to me, I think I have sorted out my feelings now.”
“So, have you made up your mind?”
“I will definitely go and if I feel ill, I will just go home after a while.”
“I'm so glad to hear that. But promise me that you won't push yourself too hard, okay?”
“Mm, I promise.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun smiled back at him. He doesn't know why he hesitated to go, but now he has made up his mind. He will go with Chanyeol and if he starts to feel bad, then he can always go home or get out of the building. It's not worse than that.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Omo, you look so handsome hyung! Baekhyun will die!”
“You think? It's not too tight then?”
“No! It looks perfect!”
“Don't be stupid! It's way too tight!”

 

Kai sighed as he punched Sehun at the arm to make him shut up. Chanyeol sighed as he took of the blazer and tried another one to make sure it wasn't too tight or too big.

 

Then what about this one?”
“Better.”
“That one looks great!”
“Can you stop compliment him all the time and be honest!”
“But this time it actually looks great!”
“Geez, you're so troublesome Sehun.”
“Haha, you two, don't start fighting now. So you think this one fits the best?”
“Yes and the color is nice!”
“It's black! How can the color be nice?! It's plain black!”
“Sehun, stop complaining!”

 

Kai sighed annoyed as Sehun argued to let Chanyeol try a blazer with another color, like a purple one. Chanyeol just laughed as he checked himself out in the mirror before he nodded. He likes the blazer himself and it fits the shirt and the shoes he bought earlier.

 

This one it is.”
“Good!”
“Oh come on, the pink one then!”
“No! Absolutely not!”
“Hey, have Baekhyun told you what he's going to wear yet?”

 

Chanyeol asked curiously as Kai and Sehun shook their heads. Chanyeol sighed disappointed as he took off the blazer and put on his hoddie again. They took the blazer to the counter to buy it while Kai continued the conversation.

 

Well, Kyungsoo said that Baekhyun wasn't sure if he would go with you to the Senior party the other day and today he said that Baekhyun isn't sure what to wear.”
“Yeah, he was worried to faint again but I told him that I would take him home right away if he felt ill.”
“So he really did hesitate about it?”
“Yeah, at first, but now he seems to feel okay about it.”
“What if he really doesn't like parties?”
“Then he would have said something.”
“But what if he didn't want to upset you since he likes you?”
“Oh shut up, we have talked about it and we're okay about it.”

 

Chanyeol stated the truth as Sehun nodded while Kai rolled his eyes at Sehun. After they had paid everything from the store, they went out to stand in the warm summer sun.

 

Kya, only some few more days left!”
“But seriously, I'm dying to know what Baekhyun will wear.”
“Me too!”
“Shall we go and sneak peek at him?”
“What do you mean with that?!”
“I meant to sneak peek at him while he's shopping with Kyungsoo! Nothing else!”
“I hope so! I don't want others to sneak peek at Baekhyun!”
“Wait... Are you sneak peeking at Baekhyun?!”
“No! I just meant I don't want my friends to do it!”

 

Chanyeol sighed as Sehun and Kai burst out in laughter. But seriously, must they act like that? Especially in public... Chanyeol felt like punching them both but he didn't since it would be rude and quite painful for them all.

 

Yah! Let's go somewhere else! I still got things to fix!”
“Yes sir!”

 

Sehun and Kai happily walked after Chanyeol who begun to get curious. Didn't Kai say that Baekhyun was shopping with Kyungsoo? Did he mean like right now? And how does he know that?

 

Yah Kai... Is Baekhyun... shopping with Kyungsoo right now?”
“Mm, and I think Baekhyun's mother would come along as well.”
“No way! Where are they?!”
“I don't know... So you do want to take a look?”
“Yes! I mean, maybe...”

 

Sehun and Kai laughed as they exchanged their glances before Kai picked up his phone.

 

What are you doing?”
“I'm going to call Kyungsoo to trick him to tell me where he is.”
“Good idea! Then we can sneak peek at them!”
“It sounds so wrong when you say it like that...”

 

Chanyeol sighed a little, but he can't help to feel curious. Is Baekhyun... really shopping with Kyungsoo and his mother right now? And what will he wear for the senior party? Kya, Chanyeol can't wait to see his cute Baekhyun dress up for him!

 

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! XD

So, I'm going to take make this message short, I promise! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while, but I have been busy during my summer break but now I'm back at school and I have found some time to write again! Please forgive me for not updating for a while! *cries while pleading for mercy*

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your support and I have to say that I love my readers! I love you all and I want you to know that you make me really happy when you comment, especially when I don't feel well! Thank you everyone! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are always appreciated, but up you! It's not a must though, but like I said, it's very appreciated! Thank you! ^.^

Well, that's all I got. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3