Ball Night, Part 2

My Dear Demon Angel

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sprints down the corridor and nearly slips on the floor with his bare feet. Something tells him that he can't stay in the open like this, he needs to find a room where he can hide and it's quick!

 

Baekhyun! Yah! Where are you going?!”

 

Chanyeol is trying to catch Baekhyun who is actually trying to get away from Chanyeol. Baekhyun hurries to change direction as he turns left and runs down for another corridor. He can hear Chanyeol call him behind him, but he can't let Chanyeol catch him!

 

Baekhyun! Y-Yah! Seriously, stop running!”

 

Baekhyun can't stop, even if Chanyeol says so. If Chanyeol sees him, then everything will be over! Baekhyun runs as fast as he can until he literally throws himself into a random classroom. He then hides under a table as Chanyeol runs by the door and doesn't even think of going inside. Baekhyun gasps for air as he feels a pain take over him. Oh no, not now! Please don't do this to him!

Baekhyun hurries to crawl over to the classrooms door as he closes it quickly. He manages to close it just in time before his body stops moving. The pain spreads through his stomach and chest and grows out to his arms and legs. Baekhyun struggles to not scream in pain as he leans back against the door.

Baekhyun closes his eyes in pain as he tries to not let any tears out. W-Why must his body do this to him?! Why now of all times?! Baekhyun holds in the screams as good as possible as he feel the pain grab him even more. Stop it! Stop take over him! Leave him alone! Get away from him!

 

Baekhyun?! Baekhyun where are you?! Please don't do this to me!”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes quickly as something strange happens. What... is that wonderful... scent? Chanyeol's voice echoes through the room as Baekhyun listens to the deep voice. He can suddenly hear something else, a heart beat? Baekhyun feels how he loses control over his body as he stands up slowly. He then grabs the doorknob and then slowly opens the door.

N-No! Don't open the door! Chanyeol is out there! Baekhyun! Stop it! Baekhyun struggles against his body, he doesn't want to give into whatever is trying to take over him. But he's too weak, he can't fight it. Baekhyun opens the door as the sweet scent hits him quickly. Chanyeol turns around to face Baekhyun, but his face turns a little pale when he sees Baekhyun.

 

B-Baekhyun...? I-Is that... y-you?”

 

Baekhyun feels how he finally gets control over his body as he slams the door closed and sprints over to the other side of the room. Fear grabs him as he curls together on the floor. D-Did he... c-change again...? Baekhyun trembles in fear as he quickly grabs his phone to try to see himself through the glass. Baekhyun nearly drops his phone when he sees his eyes glow slightly red.

Baekhyun freezes when the sound of the door to the classroom get open as he sees his eyes turn more and more red through the glass reflexion on his phone. Chanyeol can't get in here and see him like this! Chanyeol, get out!

 

B-Baekhyun? A-Are you there?”
“L-Leave me alone! C-Chanyeol, g-get out!”
“W-What's wrong? I-I thought-”
“I need to be alone! Please, leave!”

 

Chanyeol doesn't move or say anything as he stands in the door opening. He probably tries to spot Baekhyun in the dark classroom. Baekhyun feels how his body starts to react weirdly towards the sweet scent that is surrounding Chanyeol. Baekhyun hurries to grab his head as he closes his eyes tightly.

'Stop take over my body already! LEAVE ME ALONE!'

Suddenly, Baekhyun can move freely again. The pain is gone and when he stares at his reflexion on his phone, he looks normal again. Suddenly Chanyeol appears in front of Baekhyun, his eyes filled with worry as he gently grabs one of Baekhyun's hands.

 

Yah... Are you alright? I-Is it... your decease again? D-Do you want to get out of here?”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol who looks really worried. A sudden wave of guilt washes over Baekhyun as he can't even look at Chanyeol. This is exactly why he didn't want to come here, because something is wrong with him. He wants to be normal, but something is really strange and he's scared. He's so freaking scared to let Chanyeol see him like... w-whatever he's like when the pain takes over him.

 

I-It's my decease... M-My medicine doesn't work very well right now...”
“Then... let's get out of here. We shouldn't stay here and risk you getting worse.”
“I-I'm fine again... I-I just... freaked out a little... S-Sorry.”
“Baekhyun, I told you that if you don't feel well, we would leave. Remember?”
“B-But this is your big night-”
“Oh please, this is just one of many. Let's not think too much about it, okay?”

 

Baekhyun nods slowly as Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's hands and helps him up on his feet. Baekhyun then puts on his high heels again while Chanyeol watches him carefully.

 

Are you sure you're okay? You looked so pale before. It might have been the light in the corridor though.”
“I-I'm fine again, really. Hey... I'm sorry for worrying you.”
“Well, it's hard to not worry about you when you suddenly runs away from me.”
“Like I said: I'm sorry for worrying you. But Chanyeol... How much longer is the ball going on?”
“Uhm... let me check the time.”

 

Chanyeol hurries to pick up his phone as he checks it. Baekhyun also takes a look at the time beside Chanyeol: it's already 10:30 pm. Wow, the ball won't keep going for much longer.

 

It's not very long left.”
“Then let's stay till it ends. I'm feeling better now, so I can last for a little longer.”
“I don't want you to push yourself-”
“I'm fine now, so don't worry about me! My decease isn't really a decease Chanyeol, it's a damage. I was in a car accident and sometimes I just... feel really sick and weird. I usually freaks out when it happens and I like to get some space to get over it.”
“I see... S-Sorry for chasing you then.”
“It's no problem, really. But I have calmed down now and I think I can last the whole night without any problems.”

 

Chanyeol smiles happily as he grabs Baekhyun's hand gently. Baekhyun then follows Chanyeol towards the door as they head back towards the ball. When they get back into the big ball room, mostly of the people inside are dancing or sitting by a table and talks. Chanyeol carefully leads Baekhyun towards a table in the corner where they sit down to watch the dancers dance.

 

They're really good at dancing, don't you agree?”
“I think we did a quite good job to make them look this good.”

 

Chanyeol laughs as Baekhyun smiles. It's good to see that Chanyeol is back to normal, just like Baekhyun. But to be honest, Baekhyun can't help to feel anxious about what happened today. His eyes... they were red for a while and he couldn't control his body. He better try to keep his control over his body and don't let his guard down, because he gets the feeling that, whatever that was, will come back and try to take over him again.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

It's weird to see Baekhyun back to normal after only a couple of minutes. To be honest, Chanyeol got really shocked when he saw Baekhyun run away from him with his high heels in his hands. Chanyeol didn't mean to chase Baekhyun all the way to the classrooms on the other side of the school building, but Baekhyun didn't stop to listen to him.

Something strange is going on with Baekhyun, but Chanyeol can't really say what it is. He was just acting so... strange. When he was in the classroom, he was acting so strange and his eyes... It felt like they were totally empty for a couple of seconds before he ran into the classroom to hide again.

 

Chanyeol... I hope I didn't ruin your night here.”

 

Chanyeol hurries to snap out of his thoughts as he stares at Baekhyun. Baekhyun is really back to his normal yet a little shy self. His brown long bangs hangs over his shoulders perfectly and his makeup looks just like it did when they left Baekhyun's house, even though Baekhyun has been running and dancing. Should he be sweaty or something?

 

You haven't ruined it Baekhyun. Let's not think about what happened earlier, okay? Instead, what about we dance one more dance before we will go?”
“Sounds like a lovely idea. T-Though, I think mostly of the people here thinks I'm really weird after I run out of the room like that.”
“Ignore them, they don't even know who you really are anyway.”

 

For a couple of seconds, Baekhyun looks really confused until he sees the long brown bangs on his chest. A chuckle escapes his mouth before he smiles at Chanyeol. Baekhyun looks somewhat relieved now when he remembers that he doesn't look as himself tonight. Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun is relieved that no one will know that he was the weirdo who left the room or if he's relieved for another reason.

Chanyeol hurries to stand up from the table as he holds his hand out to Baekhyun who gets up and grabs it. Baekhyun smiles shyly as Chanyeol leads the way out to the dance floor. Baekhyun did get a couple of weird glances from some people around, but Chanyeol hurries to take Baekhyun's attention by putting his arm around Baekhyun's hips and helps him to get into dance position.

 

Let's ignore everyone else, because they don't know how beautiful you truly are under all your makeup.”

 

Baekhyun looks speechless, like Chanyeol literally had slapped the last words out of him. Chanyeol can't help but to chuckle as he starts dancing to he music and Baekhyun hurries to follow his example. After only some seconds, they both get back to their silly dancing styles and people throws them glances from all over the room. They must look ridiculous, but they're having more fun than what most people here has.

It's really wonderful to see Baekhyun smile and dance like this. Chanyeol will definitely take Baekhyun out to parties more often if he can spend a whole night dancing with him. After this, he should definitely ask Baekhyun to come with him home instead of driving Baekhyun home.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

All worries and guilt has gotten washed away from Baekhyun by the time he and Chanyeol exists the big ball room. Baekhyun can't stop laughing as he hooks his arm with Chanyeol's. It feels great to dance with someone who is as bad at dancing as yourself, because then you have so much more fun while dancing.

 

Omo, tonight was wonderful Chanyeol! Thank you for taking me with you.”
“Haha, I should thank you for coming with me. After all, you wasted a whole night on me for a silly ball.”
“It wasn't just a silly ball, it was a night with you Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol smiles happily as they walk out to the fresh air that are still slightly warm. It's really summer outside, you can tell by the warm air. Chanyeol walks with Baekhyun towards the parking lot where the car is parked. Baekhyun had no idea that Chanyeol could drive and even got to borrow his car from his parents for tonight. But apparently he has a driving license now.

 

When did you get your driving license Chanyeol?”
“Well... The awkward truth is... I took it only a couple of weeks ago.”
“You drive really well! You're already 19 huh?”
“I turn 19 in November, right now I'm only 18.”
“Well... Do you want to hear something funny?”
“Something funny? Sure, tell me.”
“I'm also 18 years old now!”
“W-What?! Since when?!”
“Well... I have already had my birthday and all...”
“W-When?! Why didn't you tell me about it?!”
“Well, I don't like celebrating my birthday. My mother makes such big fuss about it-”
“We have to celebrate it together! How could you do this to me?!”

 

Chanyeol pouts as he stops by his car. Baekhyun can't help but to laugh as Chanyeol opens the car door for him.

 

My lady.”
“Oh shut it, I'm just dressed as one.”

 

Chanyeol laughs as Baekhyun gets into the car and lets Chanyeol close the door behind him. Then Chanyeol gets into the car and fires the engines to start driving. Oh well, the night is soon over for them both and Baekhyun will have to wash all this makeup away and take off his painful high heels when he gets home.

 

Uhm... Baekhyun... I'm wondering... D-Do you want to... come with me home tonight?”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol who tries to not look too awkward. Omo, how cute can he be?! He's even blushing a little! Baekhyun feels how his cheeks burns after a couple of seconds as he realizes something: Chanyeol is asking him to sleep over with him.

 

I-I don't know... D-Do I?”
“H-How am I supposed to know? Haha, Baekhyun, I can't tell you what to do.”

 

Baekhyun blushes even more as he chuckles. He's such a fool to ask Chanyeol to decide for him. But the thing is: does he want spend the rest of the night with Chanyeol or not? To be honest, he's still a little scared of what happened to him earlier and he's not sure if it will come back to him or not. But if he says no, Chanyeol might think that Baekhyun doesn't like him anymore.

 

W-Wouldn't your parents mind me if I suddenly came over like that?”
“They're not even home and they will probably stay at my grandparents place tonight. They drove them home after they came to visit me and they wouldn't come back until around 4 am or they will have to stay and sleep over. They don't like to drive into late night, so they probably stayed at my grandparents' place.”

 

Omo! They're going to be all alone at Chanyeol's place?! Baekhyun can't help but to blush when he thinks about the things that might happen. But on the other hand, what if something bad happens? Like Baekhyun's body starting to act weird? No! He can't be shy and scared! This is a golden opportunity!

 

I will text mom that I will go home with you then.”
“Really? Great! Let's go then!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to write a text to his mother and explains that he's too tired to go home and that Chanyeol's house is closer than theirs. He knows that his mother will see right through this silly lie, but she will hopefully not stop him from going home with Chanyeol anyway.

 

***

 

Oh thank god that we're finally here!”

 

Baekhyun whines tired as he takes off his feet-killing high heels. Chanyeol chuckles as Baekhyun hurries to sit down on a chair to massage his poor feet. This will be the last time he will wear damn high heels and he means it! They're literally killing him!

 

Does it hurt that much?”
“You kidding me?! They're literally struggling my feet the very second I put them on!”

 

Chanyeol laughs, but he seems to pity Baekhyun as well. Baekhyun lets out a sigh as he gets back up on his feet to follow Chanyeol to his room. The house is empty and quite silent, just like Chanyeol predicted it to be. Chanyeol's parents isn't home after all and they won't come home until tomorrow around lunch or really early in the morning.

 

See, I told you that they're not home. Now come here, let's not stand out here like two fools.”

 

Baekhyun only smiles as an answer as he follows Chanyeol into his room. Baekhyun begins to feel a little nervous now: what if they decide to actually do something? A blush spreads across Baekhyun's face as he stops in the middle of Chanyeol's room. Chanyeol walks over to his bed and sits down on it with a long sigh escaping his mouth.

 

Balls can be really funny, but they're also exhausting to go to.”
“I can't agree more.”

 

Baekhyun tries to act normal as he stares down at himself. Oh god, he wants to get all this off him already! He should ask Chanyeol for some spare clothes and go to the bathroom and wash away his makeup.

 

Chanyeol... C-Can I borrow... s-some clothes please? I would like to get all of this off and wash away my makeup.”
“Ah, I nearly forgot that! Why don't you go and wash away your makeup while I fetch your clothes?”
“Thank you, I would love to get rid of all this.”

 

Chanyeol smiles kindly as Baekhyun hurries to go to the bathroom. As fast he gets in, he starts washing his face and uses as much soap that is needed before all the makeup is finally gone. He also removes his wig and fixes his hair slightly so it won't look like a huge mess when he gets back to Chanyeol.

After Baekhyun finishes his business in the bathroom, he walks back to Chanyeol's room again. As fast he enters the room he finds Chanyeol sit in t-shirt and sweatpants while waiting for Baekhyun to get back.

 

Kya, you truly look even more beautiful without makeup Baekhyun-ah!”
“S-Stop say such random things will you?”

 

Baekhyun is blushing slightly as he walks over to the bed. Chanyeol smiles kindly as he holds out the clothes Baekhyun gets to wear. He smiles thankfully as he receives the clothes from Chanyeol. Chanyeol then gets up and says he will go to the bathroom before they can go to bed. While Chanyeol is gone, Baekhyun takes the time to get his dress off and puts on the big t-shirt and the sweatpants that also is slightly too big for him.

 

Yah... How big is that guy?”

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbles as he sits down on Chanyeol's bed and waits for the giant to come back. While Chanyeol is gone, Baekhyun thinks about what happened earlier when he literally lost control over himself. What was that? Why couldn't he do anything about it? C-Can even stuff like that happen? A shiver runs down Baekhyun's spine as he thinks about how he lost control and that his eyes literally glowed red. Or... did that even happen? Maybe... it was all just an illusion his brain made up?

 

Sorry for taking such long time! You must be tired Baekhyun.”
“Just a little, but I'm still tired though.”

 

Chanyeol laughs as he hurries over to the bed and literally crawls over to Baekhyun. Chanyeol looks so silly when he comes towards Baekhyun with his ruffled hair and smiles like he does. Baekhyun holds out his arms to Chanyeol who doesn't seem to understand what Baekhyun wants as he sits down in front of him.

 

Y-Yah, you're supposed to hug me.”
“O-Oh! I wasn't sure what you wanted when you just held them out like that-”
“Don't play dumb! Everyone knows that this means I want a hug!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to throw himself over Chanyeol who laughs. Baekhyun literally tackles Chanyeol down onto the bed as he embraces the giant. Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun back as they lay there on the bed and doesn't say anything. This is really the best thing that exists. To lay on top of Chanyeol and just hug him is something that truly is the best thing you can do.

 

Chanyeol... Thank you for tonight... Let's go to sleep before I fall asleep like this..”
“Why don't we sleep like this then?”

 

Baekhyun chuckles, but Chanyeol doesn't move. Was he serious? Baekhyun glances up at Chanyeol who smiles before he pulls the blanket over them. He then turns off the lights and embraces Baekhyun one again. A blush sneaks up on Baekhyun's cheeks, but he doesn't care anymore. All he can do is to smile like a fool as he closes his eyes and just enjoys Chanyeol's presence.

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup?! :D

So, today I finally got to update again :D *cheers happily in the corner of my room all alone*.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, because I really enjoyed writing it. Anyway, I want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! ^.^

And thank you for your love you have shown me and this fiction. All upvotes, comments and subscriptions are very appreciate, but isn't a must! Though, like I said, it's very appreciated and it motivates me to write more! ^.^

For now I don't have anything else to say except: let's stay tuned for the next chapter! Have a nice continuing day/morning/afternoon/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3
/ Lovelo