What Is Going On?

My Dear Demon Angel

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun groans tired as he opens his eyes slowly. The morning sun shines into the room and gives it a warm and cozy feeling. Baekhyun looks confused around to find Chanyeol sleeping beside him. He's holding Baekhyun in his arms and rests his head against a pillow behind his head. Baekhyun feels confused since he's not really sure what happened last night.

Baekhyun doesn't dare to move, since he doesn't want to wake Chanyeol up. He lies still and stares at the warm and cozy room. His minds travels of to his memories from last night. He's not sure if he dreamed about it or if it actually happened. He lets out a long sigh as he closes his eyes again. He feels so tired, his body feels exhausted.

 

Baekhyun...? Are you awake?”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes again and looks up at Chanyeol who sits up fast. He looks a little worried, but he looks relieved at the same time. Wait... Does that mean... that everything Baekhyun thought he had dreamed about actually happened?

 

Are you alright? How are you feeling? Do you need anything?”

 

Baekhyun isn't sure what to answer as he opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. Chanyeol looks so worried; Baekhyun isn't even sure how to answer him properly.

 

Are you alright?”
“I'm not sure...”

 

Baekhyun's voice feels weak, he can barely talk. Baekhyun puts a hand against his throat as he coughs. Oh god, it hurts. Now when Baekhyun thinks about it, he feels a little weird. His throat hurts when he talks and he feels a little dizzy.

 

Can you sit up?”

 

Chanyeol asks as he helps Baekhyun sit up. Baekhyun tries to adjust to the sudden dizziness he feels; his head is acting really strange. Chanyeol looks really worried, he must have gotten scared to death last night. Baekhyun feels the guilt take over him as he carefully grabs one of Chanyeol's hands and tries to look into Chanyeol's eyes.

 

Hey... Last night... I'm so sorry that I scared you...”
“Are you alright? Maybe I shall call your mother after all? You don't look well Baekhyun. Maybe you need to go to the hospital? I will call her right away and-”
“N-No... D-Don't...”

 

Baekhyun's throat hurts so much, it feels sore and very sensitive. But Baekhyun can't let Chanyeol call his mother, because then things will get out of hand. Baekhyun can't let anyone know about this strange side of his, even if it hurts him.

 

I-I'm just... I-It was just... L-Last night... U-Uhm...”

 

Baekhyun feels how his head starts to spin as he hurries to seek support from Chanyeol. Why must his head start acting like this now when he tries to come up with an excuse? Chanyeol hurries to embrace Baekhyun and supports him so Baekhyun won't lose his balance.

 

Baekhyun, I don't think we should keep you here like this. You're obviously not alright-”
“I'm fine... I'm just... I-It was just a nightmare... It happens from time to time, that I wake up like this... Ignore it, please...”
“Why do I get the feeling that you're lying?”

 

Baekhyun feels how his dizziness gets worse as he tries to calm his mind. He's in panic, which isn't helping him. Chanyeol can't let his mother find out about this, it's the last thing that Baekhyun wants to happen.

 

Chanyeol, don't call my mother. I'm alright.”

 

Baekhyun forces the words out of his mouth, but his throat feels really sore. Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun in silence for a long time before he suddenly reaches his hand out to the nightstand and grabs his phone. Baekhyun hurries to try to grab it, but Chanyeol easily movies his hand away from Baekhyun.

 

Y-Yah, I-I told you-”
“You're not okay Baekhyun, you can't just see it. I will call her-”
“Don't call her!”

 

Baekhyun feels how the panic grabs him as he pushes Chanyeol down onto the bed. Chanyeol stares silently up at Baekhyun who feels his head spin even more and his eyes starts to hurt. What is this painful feeling?

 

B-Baekhyun...?”
“D-Don't call her... You can't tell her...”
“But last night-”
“It was nothing... Just forget it...”
“I-I can't just ignore that! Y-You were obviously in huge pain!”
“I-I screamed in fear because of a nightmare-”
“You're lying! I can tell that you're lying. I don't know how, but I just know that you're lying to me. Baekhyun, you know that something is wrong.”
“I know... B-But... Y-You can't tell her...”
“If I don't tell her, you will-”
“Don't tell her I say!”

 

Baekhyun feels the anger grab him as he stares at Chanyeol. His eyes hurts so much and his dizziness is getting worse. Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol who's face suddenly turns pale. What is wrong with him? Why is he looking so pale all of the sudden?

 

B-Baekhyun...? I-Is... t-this really... y-you?”

 

Chanyeol gets even more pale as a hint of fear takes over his eyes. Baekhyun feels a pain grow inside of him as he freaks out; the pain is back! Baekhyun hurries to get off the bed, with Chanyeol still clutching onto his phone. Baekhyun's balance is still not back, yet he hurries to stumble away from Chanyeol as he collapses on the other side of the room.

 

B-Baek...?”

 

Chanyeol sounds even more scared now, which worries Baekhyun. What is wrong with him? What is wrong with his body? Baekhyun feels the fear grab him as he struggles to keep himself calm. Chanyeol saw something, he definitely saw something. Don't tell him... that his eyes...

Baekhyun slowly glances up towards a mirror as he stares at himself. The fear grabs Baekhyun even more as he meets a pair of red eyes. But the eyes aren't a stranger's eyes, without it's his own. Baekhyun feels how he freaks out as he stumbles back from the mirror. It can't be true, that's not him! He's not... He's not a monster!

 

I-It's not real... I-It can't be...”

 

Baekhyun feels the pain inside of him and a hunger grows stronger. Stop it... Stop it! Baekhyun hurries to grab his head as he concentrates on stopping the pain. He won't let anything happen, he's not a monster! He doesn't want this anymore, he just wants it to stop. So just stop!

 

B-Baek-?”
“Get away from me! Please, just get away from me!”

 

Baekhyun feels the fear grab him: what if he hurts Chanyeol? If he hurts Chanyeol, then... Then he will never be able to forgive himself. He needs to leave, he can't stay here anymore. What was he thinking last night when he came here? He knew that something is wrong with him and that he can't control it. He shouldn't have come here.

 

B-Baek-?”
“I'm sorry... Please... Don't come near me...”

 

Baekhyun feels the tears stream down his face while the fear grabs him. He hurries to get up of the floor and without another word, Baekhyun rushes out of the room and sprints downstairs. He can't stay here, he just can't. He needs to get away from here. He needs to get away from everyone, not only from Chanyeol and his friends and his mother. He needs to go as far away from here as he can.

Baekhyun doesn't know why, but something tells him that if he stays here, he will end up hurting everyone. He knows that the fear he's feeling is real and he knows that he has felt it before. He doesn't understand why, but he gets the feeling that something like this has happened before and that if he doesn't leave, everything will end badly.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

What is this fear? What is going on? Please, this must be a dream! Chanyeol hurries to pinch himself as he whines. No, this is reality. But... I-It's impossible... His eyes must have betrayed him, there is no way that... Baekhyun isn't... He can't be...

 

B-Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol finally manages to move his body after being paralyzed out of fear. He rushes out of his room and downstairs, but he's too late. The front door is standing wide open, but Baekhyun isn't here anymore. Chanyeol curses as he hurries to pick up his phone. He doesn't care what Baekhyun told him, he definitely has to call his mother!

 

Please, pick up! Please pick up quickly!”

 

Chanyeol listens to the signals that passes by, but Baekhyun's mother doesn't pick up her phone. Chanyeol has no choice, he will have to go to Baekhyun's house himself! If Mrs. Byun isn't home, then he will have to try to find Baekhyun on his own. He must have seen wrong, Baekhyun couldn't be like he thought he saw him. It's impossible... H-Humans can't have red eyes!

 

***

 

Mrs. Byun! Please wake up! Mrs. Byun! It's an emergency!”

 

Chanyeol bangs on the door as he looks around nervously. He doesn't want to wake up the whole neighbor hood, but he definitely wants to wake Mrs. Byun. Baekhyun's mother's car are still parked outside the house, so she must be home. Chanyeol bangs on the door a couple of more times before it finally gets opened by a tired looking woman.

 

M-Mrs. Byun! Thank god that you're home!”
“Chanyeol...? What are you doing here so early-?”
“B-Baekhyun! S-Something is really wrong with him!”

 

Mrs. Byun suddenly looks dead serious at Chanyeol before she pulls him into the house and closes the door quickly. She gives Chanyeol a scary glare as she leans closer to him with dead serious eyes.

 

What did you say? What have you done to him?”
“I-I haven't done anything! B-But, h-he acted really strange last night and this morning he-”
“Chanyeol, you have to explain everything that happened last night, like right now. What happened.”
“H-He was acting strange the whole evening, he even ran away from me once and claimed that he had freaked out and just needed some space. Later that night, when we went to sleep, he suddenly begun to scream and he was in pain. I-I tried to call you, but you didn't answer, but Baekhyun had fainted and he seemed to be okay after that. But this morning, his eyes... T-They suddenly... Y-You won't believe me if I told you...”
“They turned red?”

 

Chanyeol stares with wide eyes at Mrs. Byun who looks more concerned than scared. Chanyeol nods slowly as she hurries to let go of Chanyeol and rushes out to the kitchen. Chanyeol carefully follows her while he watches the woman run around in her bath rube with a phone pressed against her ear. Who is she going to call? Baekhyun?

 

It's me, it's an emergency. I fear that something really bad has happened. I don't know where he is, but he's not himself. Chanyeol, did you see where Baekhyun took off?”
“N-No... H-He suddenly left the house, but... I-I thought he would be here... H-He told me to not call you, but since he left like that...”
“We don't know where he is, but hopefully he knows that something is wrong and will stay away from the town for now. Though... We don't know how long he can keep himself conscious... Please, we have to find him and it's fast.”

 

Chanyeol feels confused and a little freaked out. Has something like this happened before? It sounds like this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Mrs. Byun is way too calm to hear something like this for the first time. Who is she calling by the way? Who is this person? And... What did she mean with Baekhyun consciousness?

Mrs. Byun suddenly hangs up on the phone and runs towards her bedroom. The door gets slammed closed as Chanyeol stares silently towards the direction he saw Mrs. Byun run towards. What... is going on? He doesn't know what is happening anymore and he himself feels rather scared and anxious.

 

Urgh, what is going on?”

 

Chanyeol grabs his head out of frustration as he thinks back to last night. Baekhyun did act so strange, it was like he was himself and then he was someone else. He was suddenly in pain and then he just passed out. He seemed fine when he woke up, until he got angry and his eyes turned red.

 

Chanyeol! You have to show me to your house, like really fast!”
“Y-Yes ma'am! B-But first... W-What is going on?”
“I will explain everything in the car, but for now we have to go.”

 

Chanyeol feels really confused, but the seriousness in Mrs. Byun eyes makes him understand that he can't just stand here and look stupid. Something bad has happened and if he doesn't try to help Mrs. Byun out, something really bad might happen. Something terrible might happen if he doesn't do something.

 

I-I will show you the way then!”

 

Mrs. Byun nods as they hurry to get out to the car. Chanyeol still has no idea what is going on, but he will get his explanation in the car. It doesn't take many seconds before he and Mrs. Byun sits in the car and are heading towards Chanyeol's house.

 

So... Can you please tell me that all this is just a prank?”
“I'm afraid that it's not a prank Chanyeol. I don't know how much I can tell you, but... You do know about Baekhyun's medicine, right?”
“Y-Yes, I have nagged him a couple of times to take it since... He said he hasn't been feeling well form time to time, but I thought he was only catching a cold.”
“No... Baekhyun isn't a person who can catch a cold. Baekhyun... Isn't really like you think.”
“He said he has been in a car accident... Is that true?”
“Actually... I'm not going to lie, since you probably already know the answer. No, there hasn't been anything like a car accident.”
“Then... W-What is going on?”
“I know you're scared, I was also scared the first time this happened. To be honest, I'm a little scared right now as well.”
“T-This has happened before?!”
“Mm... Two times before, which makes this the third time.”
“W-What is-?”
“I thought it was going to be alright this time, because his medicine has improved so much. He didn't show any signs for weeks and months, he only had a couple of nightmares which shouldn't have affected him physically. Chanyeol... I have to ask you to keep quite about what you have seen today. Baekhyun... Well... I can't promise you that... I don't know how to tell you this anymore.”

 

Mrs. Byun lets out a long sigh as they finally arrive to Chanyeol's house. What are they supposed to do here? Chanyeol knows very well that Baekhyun isn't here, he left the house as fast his eyes begun to turn red. Maybe... Mrs. Byun can track Baekhyun?

 

Chanyeol, you have to promise me to not tell anyone about this. If the word gets out... Something really terrible will happen to Baekhyun, something you will definitely regret. If you tell anyone, just one word about this, Baekhyun will be put in several pain. Do you understand? He will be in worse pain than what you have seen him in.”

 

Chanyeol feels the pain grab him as he stares at Mrs. Byun. Is she saying the truth? Will Baekhyun be punished because of this? Is this his own doing or is it something he can't help? There are so many things he doesn't understands, like how it's possible for Baekhyun's eyes to turn red and why he's in sudden pain.

 

I still don't understand... P-Please, you have to explain-”
“I can't tell you more than what I have done. If I tell you more, you will be put in danger. Are you really willing to do that?”

 

Chanyeol feels how he hesitates. He doesn't understand what is going on and he's scared. He doesn't know why Baekhyun suddenly turned out like this or why he left. He doesn't understand what happened last night or why Baekhyun's mother is acting like this.

 

I have to go Chanyeol, before something happens. I have to find Baekhyun, before someone gets hurt. Before he gets hurt.”
“Is Baekhyun... capable of... hurting people?”
“Anyone can hurt people Chanyeol, but Baekhyun... I'm afraid that he's not like us.”

 

It's strange. This is really strange. What Mrs. Byun says doesn't sound weird to him. He always knew that Baekhyun wasn't like him. How should he explain it? He just had a feeling that Baekhyun is someone special, like really special.

 

Chanyeol, I have to ask you to leave the car now. Go inside and don't talk to anyone about this. For now, I want to you forget about Baekhyun. Try to think of something else and please, don't go outside on your own.”
“Why are you telling me something like that? Is someone after me?”
“No... Hopefully not...”
“W-What do you mean? Am I in danger?”
“I don't think you're in danger. No, you shouldn't be in danger. But just in case, please stay inside. No one is after you, but you can never be too careful. I will call you when things have calmed down, so please take it easy. And remember, not a word. I will never forgive you if you even think about telling someone about this.”

 

Chanyeol can feel the seriousness from Mrs. Byun's eyes. She's dead serious. Chanyeol feels how he grabs the car door and opens it. He can't be in Mrs. Byun's way anymore. If things really are as she says, then he shouldn't stop her. If Baekhyun is in danger, he shouldn't keep her here. But... He doesn't like this feeling he has.

 

I promise, I won't tell anyone about this.”
“Good. Now, I have to go. Take care of yourself Chanyeol and don't worry, I will definitely get Baekhyun back.”

 

Chanyeol nods before he closes the car door and watches Mrs. Byun drive away. He's worried and actually terrified, but he can't do anything. Whatever is going on, he can't do anything about it. He can just go inside and hope that everything will get better soon. But this guilt he feels is starting to get on his nerves.

 

Please Baekhyun... Be alright...”

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

So I'm back with a new chapter! *dancing for myself like a fool* ^.^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you will stay tuned for the next chapter! Until then, please keep supporting me ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated and I hope you all enjoy reading this story! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3