The Escape

My Dear Demon Angel

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun! Yah! D-Don't just pass out like that! You owe me an excuse, so please don't just pass out! Yah!”

 

Chanyeol watches how Baekhyun slowly passes out in front of him. He struggles to keep him conscious while his mind goes through every single solution he can think of. He shakes Baekhyun's shoulders, screams at him and even pats his forehead in hope that he will stay awake. Come on, don't just leave me like that! If you pass out, that thing will come out again!

That's right, Chanyeol has finally begun to understand what is wrong with Baekhyun. Earlier today he and Mrs Byun met up after hours of searching for Baekhyun. They had found nothing, but Mrs Byun wanted to talk with Chanyeol about Baekhyun's case and what is currently going on. Now when Chanyeol thinks back to it, Mrs Byun was surprisingly calm and straight forward with him. She literally said everything right into his face without trying to hide the truth from him.

 

~”Listen up, Baekhyun isn't like you think. I'm sorry that you got involved like this, but we all thought that he wouldn't awake again.”
“A-Awake? What do you mean with that?”
“Baekhyun isn't a normal human Chanyeol, you should have understood that by now. I... I hate to admit it, but Baekhyun isn't a normal boy who has just runaway, without he's more like... a monster.”
“M-Monster?! Baekhyun, a monster?! Are you crazy?!”
“I know it sounds crazy and I probably don't sound like a mother when I'm talking about Baekhyun at the moment. Listen to me Chanyeol, I want you to understand how serious everything has gotten. We haven't found Baekhyun and it has already been hours since he left your house. By now he... He shouldn't be able to control himself, no matter what he says or looks like.”
“Mrs Byun, I demand an explanation. You might not think that I'm in no position to ask for the truth, but I refuse to just sit at home and hope that everything is alright.”
“I was going to tell you the truth anyway, after all Baekhyun might come back to you. If he does, you have to be prepared for the worst. He might not be himself, he might be totally gone by the time he reaches your house. When I say that he will be gone, I mean his consciousness. He... He has a weird instinct that makes him go crazy, you can say it's a little like an animal's instinct.”
“Mrs Byun, I still don't understand. You have to tell me the whole story here, it feels like you're trying to hold something back.”
“Well... You're right, I shouldn't keep the truth hidden from you. The fact is... When Baekhyun was only a couple of years old, I think he was around 3 years old, he suddenly disappeared. He was gone for years, I'm talking about 7 years before he was found. But when we finally reunited, he wasn't himself anymore. Baekhyun had changed and I was told that he... That he had become an experiment, a mutant. He was kidnapped by a scientist who experimented on his body. The scientist is still free somewhere in this world, which worries me more than anything. I'm scared that Baekhyun might go back to him, or worse, that he finds out that he's not human anymore.”
“B-Baekhyun... is an experiment...? A-A mutant...? H-How is that even... possible?”
“I reacted like you when I first heard of it, but after I saw how he could transform from an adorable boy into such... Such monster... I hate to say it, but Baekhyun wasn't the cute and adorable boy anymore.”
“Mrs Byun... H-How...? Why now? Why is he suddenly... becoming that... thing?”
“Baekhyun's body has been unstable ever since he was freed from that scientist. He would unconsciously turn into that
thing like you call it. He has been eating medicine to keep his instincts away, but the medicine only helps for a certain time before we have to upgrade it again. Besides, all the nightmares that haunts him makes him remember the truth and eventually he accidentally finds his instinct again. Therefor we tried to remove his memories this time, but it looks like it didn't work out too well.”
“So that's why he couldn't remember anything from his life before we met...? Mrs Byun, is Baekhyun... dangerous?”
“I wish I could say no, but the truth is... The truth is that Baekhyun is like a monster. His instincts has awaken and he only thirsts for one thing which is-”
“Wait, I don't want to hear. I... I don't want to hear any more of this. Can you please drive me back home? I-I still have to be home when mom and dad come back from the cinema.”
“Chanyeol, I want you to know that I do care about Baekhyun. I love him, but even I have come to realize that when his instincts takes over, he's not himself anymore. He's literally like a monster, even though I would like to believe otherwise. If he comes to you and he's himself, then you're alright. But if he looks strange, don't hesitate to run. Call me right away if you see him and don't do anything until you're one hundred percent sure that he won't hurt you and that he's himself.”
“I understand, I will call you if I see him.”~

 

Dammit... Baekhyun, don't pass out! Y-You're finally back to yourself, so please don't just leave me.”

 

Chanyeol feels how fear grabs him as he looks around the room. There must be something he can do, something that will stop Baekhyun from turning into that “monster”. Baekhyun finally passes out, he can feel how relaxed his whole body becomes and Baekhyun's tensed face looks softer. He doesn't dare to move: he's literally holding his breath while watching Baekhyun in front of him.

There is blood on Baekhyun's lips, his blood. He shivers when he thinks about the blood and then he realizes that Baekhyun actually bit him. Even though it did hurt when Baekhyun bit him, the pain didn't last for very long. It was more or less painless as fast Baekhyun's teeth had pierces through his skin, it doesn't even ache when he moves his hand around.

 

... I should call Mrs Byun before Baekhyun suddenly change again.”

 

Chanyeol finally dares to move, though he moves very slowly and carefully. He gently pats Baekhyun's forehead with his left hand while his right hand tries to reach the phone that is in his pocket. It takes a while before he manages to fish up the phone out of his pocket, but he's finally holding it. He glances down at Baekhyun from time to time while unlocking his phone and hits the number to Mrs Byun.

 

Please don't wake up... Please don't wake up...”

 

He holds the phone against his ear while listening to the signals. Around four signals pass by before Mrs Byun finally answers her phone. She sounds a little stressed and busy, but she tries to hide it behind a soft voice.

 

Hello, who's speaking?”
“Mrs Byun, it's me. Listen, I have Baekhyun right here with me. I don't dare to speak louder than this and I can't move. Before you say anything, I just want to point out that Baekhyun is unconscious and is resting on the floor with his head on my lap. I am unharmed and nothing serious has happened, though Baekhyun isn't looking too well.”
“He's with you?! Are you serious?!”
“I'm dead serious. He's right here on my lap.”
”Chanyeol, listen to me carefully! Don't move unless Baekhyun wakes up! I will head there with two friends, so please just wait for us to come!”
“I will listen to you and wait right here on the spot. Please hurry, like I said I don't know when he will wake up or who he will be when he wakes up.”

 

Mrs Byun has begun to speak with a worried and stressed voice again, she's not even trying to pretend that she's calm. After she told him once again to sit still and wait for her to come, she finally hangs up on the phone. He lets out a small sigh before he looks down at Baekhyun again. He nearly jumps startled when he looks down to find a pair of red eyes staring right back at him. A cold shiver runs through his whole body as he tries to not move. Baekhyun stares silently at him before he sits up slowly. What is he doing?! , , ! If he's not himself, then I'm screwed! Chanyeol smiles nervously at Baekhyun who looks at him with an expressionless face.

 

B-Baekhyun...?”

 

He feels nervous and his voice is slightly trembling. Baekhyun stares silently at him for a while before he finally opens his mouth to speak.

 

Chanyeol... Where...? Where am I?”
“Baekhyun, you're at my house. You came to talk with me, do you remember that?”
“Chanyeol... You're bleeding... Wait... I did that, didn't I?”
“I-It's alright, it doesn't hurt-”
“Let me look at it.”
“No, it's fine, really.”
“Chanyeol... Let me see that.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly crawls over to Chanyeol who got ready to run, but when Baekhyun finally reaches him, it was too late for him to get up. Baekhyun grabs his left wrist and studies the little blood that is still dripping out of the bite mark. He feels how his pulse increases and how it becomes harder to breathe calmly.

 

Chanyeol... You're trembling. Are you... scared of me?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at Chanyeol who struggles to not get up and run. If he runs away from Baekhyun, he gets the feeling that he would catch him and easily kill him if needed. The room is silent for a couple of seconds before he finally dares to open his mouth to speak.

 

Baekhyun, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you are making me extremely uncomfortable at the moment. It's not you I'm afraid of, it's... It's the weird...”
“You are afraid of the dark side of me, aren't you? I... I don't like the way people look at me when I become like this... I'm not a monster.”
“I-I never said you were a monster!”
“But you were thinking that I'm a monster. Just admit it, everyone hates me. My own mother... She's not who I think she is, I know that too well. Yet I stayed with her for such a long time, even though I knew the truth. I shouldn't have stayed because it never helped me. That woman will be my death...”
“W-What are you talking about? Your mother is worried about you! She's trying really hard to give you a normal life! You should-”
“A normal life? Is that what she told you? Chanyeol... Do you even know who that woman is? That woman who calls herself my mother is not who you think she is. I had no idea about it either, until recently. She probably said I was dangerous and would kill you the moment I see you, didn't she? Should I assume that she also told you to call her the moment you see me?”
“L-Listen, you're not yourself anymore. Please, just stay calm and wait for your mother to come. She will help you and you will feel better again.”
“My mother...? Wait... You... You called... my mother?”

 

He feels how Baekhyun's grip around his left wrist tightens, but he doesn't try to hurt him. He stares at Chanyeol with slightly anxious eyes, almost like he had sent him to his death. A wave of guilt and anxiousness rushes through his body as he studies Baekhyun's pained and slightly anxious face. Did he do something wrong?

 

Chanyeol... If that woman gets to me and forces me away again, I won't be able to protect your precious Baekhyun. You have to get me out of here.”
“W-What are you talking about? W-Why are you suddenly talking like that? You are Baekhyun, aren't you? Y-You shouldn't joke around-”
“I am Baekhyun, yet I'm not. My body is weak and I'm afraid that if I move around too much, I won't be able to stay awake. Baekhyun, I mean, I will be in danger if that happens.”
“How do I know that you're not trying to fool me? How do I know that I can trust you and not your so called mother?”
“Do you truly believe that such woman who stays so calm and has all those connections would not harm me? Do you think she will come here with a simple shot and put me to sleep for now? She will bring people who will kill me.”

 

Baekhyun begins to sound scared and stressed. Is he in panic? Chanyeol wants to say no and wait for Baekhyun's mother to show up, but something is telling him that he shouldn't. Deep inside of him, there is something screaming at him. There is a voice telling him to go and not let Baekhyun get caught by his so-called mother.

 

Please, I will explain everything later! I beg you, don't let Baekhyun get caught!”
“But... Oh screw it all!”

 

Chanyeol gets up of the floor and mutters under his breath. Why does he believe this weird side of Baekhyun? He shouldn't be doing this, yet he's actually going to help him escape! Chanyeol helps Baekhyun up off the floor, but then he stops. What is he supposed to do? He doesn't have any car and Baekhyun's mother will be here any minute!

 

I don't have a car to use! What should I do?! There is no way I can carry you while running! I'm not that strong nor that fast!”
“Call her! Tell her I left! Do it, quickly!”

 

He hesitates before he grabs his phone and hits the number to Baekhyun's mother. What if it doesn't work? Should he hide Baekhyun somewhere? Maybe he can carry Baekhyun to the backyard and hide him there? No, there is no chance that will work! Someone will see him and Baekhyun's mother might check the house! Maybe he should call Sehun or Kai?! One of them must be able to get a car for him!

 

I should call Kai and Sehun instead! They will be able to get a car!”
“That will take too long! Try to distract my so-called mother!”

 

He wants to protest; he's scared that she will notice his nervous tone on his voice. On the other hand, Sehun and Kai won't make it in time. He curses slightly before he lifts the phone to his ear and waits for Mrs Byun to pick up. It doesn't even take a second before she answers.

 

Chanyeol, what is wrong? Are you hurt? Is everything alright?”
“M-Mrs Byun, I'm so sorry, but Baek-”
“He got away?! Where did he go?! Did you see where he went?”
“He run off a couple of minutes ago. I fell when he accidentally pushes me to the side while running for the door. I just woke up and called you.”
“Are you hurt anywhere? No bite marks or broken bones?”
“Luckily I'm alright, though I got some bruises. Anyway, he's not here anymore. I'm sorry I failed to stop him, but I believe he will try to go back home. He looked worried and a little scared, so maybe he will try looking for you?”
“I should come by and check you first. Are you still home? Is there anyone coming home soon?”
“My parents will be here any minute, so I think it would be the best if you didn't show up. I don't want to drag them into this mess, so please don't come here. Instead, find Baekhyun as fast as you can. He seemed to still be himself for a while, but he's slowly losing himself just like you said. Please Mrs Byun, find him.”
“Are you sure that... he's still not there with you? You're not hiding anything, right?”
“Why would I hide him? He obviously needs help! I didn't believe your words until I saw him Mrs Byun, that's why I want you to find him no matter what. I'm sorry that I let him go, I wasn't ready for his sudden escape. I will come and look for him with you later, after I have talked with my parents. They just sent me a text and said they're home in a minute or two, so I must go. Please Mrs Kim, find Baekhyun and be careful.”
“You sound rather odd... Are you sure you're not hurt? I can come over just for a minute-”
“It looks like my parents just came home, so I have to go. Good luck on the search! I will join you later, if you will let me that is.”
“Don't worry, I can handle the search on my own. For now, stay calm and inside. If he comes to you again, call me right away. Even if he sees you calling me, just do it.”
“Yes ma'am. I have to go, before they hear anything weird. Goodbye for now.”

 

He finally manages to finish the call with Baekhyun's so-called mother. Thank god that is over! He seriously thought she would insist on coming over here until the very end! But... She wouldn't come here without him knowing, right? He carefully glances over at Baekhyun who is still looking anxious. What is wrong?

 

That woman, she will come here anyway. She didn't believe your lies, not the slightest. When will your parents be home for real? Do you know that?”
“They're late, but they should actually show up any minute now. I will call Kai or Sehun and ask them to bring over a car right away-”
“She will show up before them. We have no choice, we have to leave now.”
“I can't just leave like this with you looking like that! Can't I just try to hide you or something?”
“Do you think my so-called mother wouldn't know if I'm here or not? She can see small signs, so silly and simple not even a detective would notice them. She's well trained and knows how to find people if she needs too.”
“With other words: we're screwed. Is that what you're trying to say? Then should we just give up and let her catch you?”
“No, not if we leave now. If you're not here, then she will have to look elsewhere. We can't risk her getting her hands on this body...”
“W-Why are you sounding creepier and creepier the longer I talk with you...? A-Anyway, we won't get anywhere in the state you're in right now.”
“Does it look like we have any choice? If you have any better idea, then please go ahead and tell me. What I can tell, we do not have any other options.”
“Are you saying that I should just take my things and run with you? Are you sure that you can travel in the state you are in?”
“Call Kai and Sehun, ask them to meet you up somewhere further away from here, where my so-called mother won't be looking. Then all we have to do is to walk or get there on foot before things get worse. I might be able to walk, but only for a couple of minutes.”
“Then... Let's go, right here and now. Come on, I will support you. If we hurry, we might be able to get away from here before my parents or your mother shows up.”

 

He runs over to Baekhyun and quickly helps him up of the floor. If everything he said is true, then they have no other choice but to leave. They don't have any time to waste, not even a minute. All he can do is to grab Baekhyun and run. They have no time to prepare, no time to think or to fetch anything. If they're lucky they might get into the woods before any cars gets parked outside the house.

 

Is there a backdoor to the house? If so, don't take that way. Go straight to the front door, it's faster and if someone is already here, then they would check the backdoor since they don't trust you. You're officially wanted until you're proven right.”
“W-Wait, am I some kind of criminal now? That isn't what I signed up for! What I mean is: why am I wanted just because I told them you left?”
“Because you lied despite the fact that you know the so called truth. They will be here any minute now, so we must hurry.”

 

He nods to an answer and hurries over to the door. He doesn't even take a look outside before he opens the door and steps out. The air feels slightly cold today and it's already beginning to get dark. He quickly walks out of the house and closes the door before he walks towards the road, but Baekhyun stops him. He points over towards the woods and Chanyeol nods to an answer. None of them dare to open their mouths, they have no idea if there is someone or something that might be able to hear or record what they're saying. The less evidence and traces they leave behind, the better.

They quickly head over to the forest while glancing over their shoulders. Chanyeol supports Baekhyun and the smaller man is struggling to stay on his feet. Why is his body so weak? Wasn't he scary strong earlier? If he doesn't recall wrong, he thinks Mrs. Byun mentioned that Baekhyun becomes something more inhuman when he turns into this... thing? Either way, it feels weird or wrong to see Baekhyun like this since he has heard another description of him and he noticed how much stronger he was earlier.

 

We're far enough from the house now, they won't be able to see us when they park the car.”
“So, were are we going? I mean, do you have any plan at all?”
“I... I do not know... Honestly, my mind feels fuzzy and I'm scared. Whatever you do, do not let anyone else see us or take me. If you do, I'm afraid it will be the last time you will see me for eternity.”
“Y-Yeah... S-So, should I call Sehun or Kai to meet us up somewhere?”
“Do so, but hurry. I want to get as far away from here before that woman shows up.”

 

He only nods to an answer before he picks up his phone. He knows very well that he shouldn't trust this side of Baekhyun, but he can't let anything bad happen. If he ends up getting hurt, he will blame it on himself. For now he would rather get hurt than to let Baekhyun get killed. If everything he said is true, then he definitely shouldn't trust Baekhyun's mother. But of course there is no guarantee that Baekhyun is telling the truth.

 

I hope they pick up, else we have nowhere to go. What if your mother is watching them too? What do we do then?”
“She wouldn't drag them into this and besides, she wouldn't get the idea to watch over them while I'm on the loose. Hurry up and call them already.”

 

Baekhyun looks impatient, but it's not weird. If everything he said is true, then they should try to get away from here as fast as possible. Besides, they're still too close to Chanyeol's house to be able to think that they're “safe” for now. He quickly looks up the number to one of his friends and the first one he finds is Sehun's. He quickly hits the number and looks around nervously: what if someone spots them even though they just entered the forest? There is no telling if his curious neighbors didn't see him or not.

 

Mm...? What do you want you giant...? I'm trying to sleep here...”
“Sehun, thank god that you picked up! Listen to me, I need you to come and fetch me and Baekhyun with a car. Can you do that?”
“What...? Fetch you...? Why would I...? Have you done something stupid again?”
“I-It's urgent, please you have to do as I say. I will do anything you want if you do me this favor! I'm counting on you!”
“What kind of nonsense are you babbling about? Why would I leave my house-”
“Sehun, I swear to god, if you don't help me out, I will get really angry! This is serious!”
“C-Calm down, I was just teasing you. I will come, just tell me where to pick you up.”
“Do you remember that old forest path we used to play at when we were small kids? Meet me there and come as fast as you can! Don't ask any questions or tell anyone about it, just go and meet me there.”
“You're starting to worry me hyung. Are you alright? Has something happened?”
“Didn't I tell you to not ask any questions? Just come already, I'm begging you!”
“Fine, I will just go! But you better not fool me hyung! I will be there as fast as I can!”

 

Before he can reply to Sehun, he hangs up on the phone. A sigh escapes his mouth before he looks down at Baekhyun. He's looking slightly calmer now, but he's glancing over at the house from time to time. They can't stop walking here, they have to keep moving until they're in safety.

 

It sounded like you got us a ride out of here, which is good Now we just-”
“Come here, I will carry you. Save your energy, it looks like you will pass out any second now. I will get us out of here, trust me.”

 

To his surprise Baekhyun doesn't protest against him. He lets Chanyeol help him up on his back before he begins to walk down the forest. Though, he can feel how Baekhyun looks behind him from time to time and how he hugs him tightly. It feels weird to have Baekhyun act like this and he doesn't know what is going on with him, but he has to get him out of here. Only when they're safe he will be able to get answers to all his questions.

 

Keep walking, they're not after us yet. I think they just parked by the house just now. We were lucky that they showed up now. Though, I can't tell if it is your parents who are home or not...”
“I will know eventually, they will probably call me and ask me where I am sooner or later.”
“When they do that, just block their call and send them a text. Try to not accept or make any calls for a while, just to be sure that no one can track us.”
“Can't they track me even if I don't receive any calls or make any calls?”
“I don't think so, but I'm not an expert... Chanyeol, I'm afraid that my body is reaching its limit. I will entrust you with me for now, so please don't let me down.”
“W-Wait, don't tell me that you're actually going to pass out! Yah, don't just leave me alone in this mess! At least try to stay awake until I reach the car!”
“I'm sorry... I can't... I will disappear for a while...”
“Baekhyun? Yah, did you seriously just-?! Urgh, I can't believe it...”

 

He groans tired while walking through the forest terrain. He guess it really is up to him to take Baekhyun to the meeting point where Sehun will be waiting. Well, there isn't much he can do except walking. For now that is.

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

I'm deeply sorry for the huge delay of the update! I know that I have postponed this far too long, but I had my reasons. ^.^

Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter and I'm glad you're still supporting me! Thank you so much and I love you! If you enjoy reading the story, upvote it or write me a comment! ^.^

I will try to update soon again, so please be patient! I love you all! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3