Bonus: You need to stamp it (no POV)

The Silence Between Us Says Everything

Park Chanyeol did not have a best friend.  

There was no one who he could trade his stupid tuna salad sandwich with at lunch.  It made the 7 year old sad.  He would play hide and seek with his other classmates on the playground, but they would conviently forget to find him and end up playing a game of tag.  The other kids had formed a friendship of convience with him.  Chanyeol had become an expert at masking his pain before he reached the first grade.  He was always all smiles and full of energy.

Chanyeol was oddly lonely until he met one Byun Baekhyun.

 

The teacher smiled warmly and nudged the short, round-faced boy forward.  He took a step forward and clasped his hands while looking down.  Chanyeol strained his neck from the back of the room trying to get a good look at the boy.  He seemed nervous as he struggled to introduce himself.

"I-I am Baekhyun.  B-Byun Baekhyun." He mumbled to floor.

The teacher tried to smile at him again, in an effort to reassure him.  She ushered the new boy into the seat next to Chanyeol.  Chanyeol quietly stared at the new boy who found the old desk in front of him far too interesting.  By the time lunch rolled around, the new boy only looked up at the teacher and nowhere else.  The teacher put everyone in line, pairing Chanyeol with Baekhyun.

At the lunch table, Baekhyun was seated next to Chanyeol to whom he still hadn't breathed a syllable.  The boys took out their lunches and Chanyeol saw as Baekhyun deflated.  He let out a sorrowful sigh.  Chanyeol looked up at the silent boy to see him staring at a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun frowned.

"You don't like peanut butter and jelly?" Chanyeol asked, shocked that anyone could not want it.

"I wanted tuna salad." Baekhyun whispered, seemingly on the verge of tears.

"Do... Do you wanna trade?" Chanyeol asked, holding up his own tuna sandwich.

Baekhyun smiled.  It was the first time he'd ever seen him looked up, let alone smiled.  His smile stretched his lips into a rectangle as the rest of his face scrunched.

The two young boys traded sandwiches.  They didn't exchange any more words until recess.

The class was playing hide and seek outside, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun hid in the same place.  They were under one of the play sets.  The others students quickly dropped the game, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol remained in the darkness silently.

"Do you want to be my best friend?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun turned and looked him up and down.  "Okay."

"We have to pinky swear to be best friends forever." Chanyeol whispered.  He didn't want to be alone anymore.

Baekhyun took Chanyeol's pinky with his own, looking the other in the eyes with the most serious face.  "Best friends forever."

"You need to stamp it."

Baekhyun was confused.  "How do I stamp it?"

Chanyeol took Baekhyun's thumb and pressed it against his own.  "Best friends."

"Forever."  Baekhyun whispered as he began to smile. He had a best friend.

 


A/N:

Ha, sorry, short sweet update.  Twice in one day what am I thinking? (IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER DO SO, this doesn't really spoil anything.)

I don't really know why, but I kind of needed to tell this, if I didn't now I don't know if I would ever.

Still here if you need to talk about your Luhan feels.

Sorry if you hate it. OR if you love love love it you could totally tell me or something?  I PINKY SWEAR I AM GOING TO UPDATE WITH THE NEXT PART IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

thanks for being a beautiful person! <3