Take 2 (Baekhyun)

The Silence Between Us Says Everything

I sat down.  I hadn't done such extensive and intensive activity since, well, I think since I sort of made out with Chanyeol.

So there I was sitting and trying to breathe in a borrowed uniform from Chanyeol's gym.  I relaxed my neck and my head fell back.  I was overheating and my body was showing it.  My face was probably as red as a tomato.  I was sweating profusely, in a very non-y manner.  Parts of my shirt were sticking to my body and all that I could think of was how much this must have put Chanyeol off.

I had to remind myself that I was over him, but not really.  Chanyeol returned from the vending machine and as he sat next to me, I confessed, "I still at this."

"You haven't been practicing? For shame." Chanyeol chuckled.  How did he even have enough oxygen to waste it on laughing?  Also, I'd been avoiding soccer, since the last time I practiced I managed to fall in love with the bumbling idiot that was my best friend.

"How is this catching up?" I was complaining.

"Well, I know you haven't been working out actively.  I mean you responded to my questions concisely because you didn't want to waste air.  Otherwise you probably would've overthought it."

My water bottle opened with a firm crack as I twisted off the cap.  I gulped down some because my throat was so dry.  Exercising with the man you claim to be over but really aren't is not the best idea on the planet, even if he did drag you into it.  "How do you over think questions about your own life?"

"You'd find a way." He said as he gently pushed his shoulder against mine.

I laughed because I knew that I probably could.  I looked at him but failed to find words because good god Yeol was so incredibly y with post work out hair and his face and I felt myself trying to move closer.  I had to somehow reassert how over him I was by reminding myself why I should be over him. "How's Kai been?"

Chanyeol let out a sigh, "Kai's... Kai.  He hasn't changed much, he's still searching for the one."

Right right, he hasn't changed and he's searching the one...?

What?  Kai and Chanyeol had each other.  Were they in an open relationship or something?  Were we talking about soulmates?

"How do you mean?" I needed clarification, immediately.

Chanyeol pufffed his cheeks, "You know, trial and error, dating, but I think he really likes your friends Kyungsoo."  Chanyeol took a swig of water.

Kai liked Kyungsoo.  Kyungsoo liked Kai.  I stared at him, "Kai likes Kyungsoo?"  I wondered how Chanyeol could be so nonchalant about this.

"Yeah, all he's been talking about since Kai met him.  Now that I think about it, it's only been like 2 days."    Chanyeol laughed to himself, while I started figuring things out.

Like, oh hey, maybe Chanyeol and Kai weren't dating. Chanyeol continued, "I mean. Kai's dated a few guys.  There was me, Sehun, Tao, I wanna say that he dated a girl named Krystal maybe?"

Oh my god.  Oh my god.  Chanyeol and Kai were no more.  Chanyeol just seemed to keep going, "But, this Kyungsoo guy, it's like how I was when I realized how I felt about you."

Chanyeol stopped abruptly at that.

I didn't bother to mentally filter myself because hope is an incredibly dangerous thing and I needed to know.  "What do you mean when you realized how you felt about me?  Park Chanyeol, what do you--"

Chanyeol our lips together.  I think my face and body language said something along the lines of: ?!?!?!?! because I had no clue.

I was so shocked that I'd become a statue.  Chanyeol wasn't moving either.  We were both sitting there, lips resting against each others.

Was he waiting for my reply?  What was my reply?

Who was I kidding?

I moved forward, pressing us even closer together.  My hand s around the back of his neck as I moved the angle of my head.  I'd spent a lot of time imagining kissing Chanyeol again.

Chanyeol seemed to realize that I was kissing him back, so he began to kiss me, I mean like kiss me.

This kiss was the kind they talk about in movies, you know where your toes curl and you're smiling while kissing the man of your dreams.  I don't even know what time was doing because it was like Chanyeol and I were all that existed.

His tongue brushed against my lower lip and caved immediately, and suddenly everything became very tangling.  Chanyeol was wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer, as if I wasn't clinging onto him enough.

When his hand brushed down my body and gripped my , I pulled away.

Chanyeol was slowly snapped out of whatever lust soaked fantasy that had been running through his mind.

I disentangled myself, trying to rationalize what had happened.  "I need- I-I-I, I need to... I need to go." I stuttered as I wobbled to my knees.

I walked away from him shaking.  Suddenly everything was very confusing and muddled.

 

 

 

"YOU LEFT?!" Kyungsoo's jaw dropped.

"Why do you sound so offended?" I asked.  "You are supposed to be on my side."

Kyungsoo leaned away and looked me up and down, "You are telling me that the literal man of your dreams just kissed you, and you just... left?"

"Kyungsoo."

"Look, Baekhyun, you have spent the better part of 7 years pining for him, and you didn't even stay around to redefine your relationship?  He was your best friend."

"Were you even here for the first half of the story?  Do you remember the heartbreak that I told you about?  About walking in on him and Kai?"

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes.  I had just recounted the story of Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun to him.  Somehow he landed on Chanyeol's side of the fence.

"Baekhyun.  You love him.  Spare yourself all the heartbreak of you trying to push him away because you're insecure and blah.  Get the guy you idiot."

Get the guy.  I paused, "Kyungsoo, do you know Kai's appartment number?"



A/N:

hi everyone!  I'm sorrrrry that I'm laaatttteee.  I really am.

I know it's shorter than you'd like, but we are almost there.  I pinky swear.

Don't hate me because I love you~ <3

(for team usa: have a happy thanksgiving)