BONUS: Insecure (Kyungsoo)

The Silence Between Us Says Everything

If you have not read Chapter 19 "Disbelief" turn around right now and go.  This chapter makes less sense without it and would spoil some of it for you. If not, I feel like everyone earned this update so soon.  <3


 

Baekhyun knocked on the door of my bathroom.  "Kyungsoo, please open the door."

"Is he with you?" I asked.

I heard Baekhyun sigh, "So what if he is?"

"Well, you can tell Kim Jongin that he doesn't need to bother pretending to care, so he can go away." I huffed. I rested my head against my bedroom door. I hugged my knees closer to my chest and took deep breaths.

"Please let me in." I heard Jongin say. He didn't raise his voice at me or anything.  His tone was even, which made it even worse.  I wanted so badly to let him in because I could practically see the hurt puppy dog look that matched the desperation of his plea.  However, I knew what would happen if I let him in, I would cave.

"Go away." I repeated.

Jongin softly rapped his knuckles on the door, "Kyungsoo, are you even going to let me explain?"

"I don't care, just leave me alone." I whimpered.

"I'll just wait here."  I heard him slowly slide down the door and settle in.  We were probably back to back with a layer of wood separating us.

"I told you to go away, Kai." I said with venom, hoping that he would go away and stop softening my heart.

"I'll go away when you open the door and let me explain." Jongin spoke.

"Why does the door have to be open for you to explain?" I retorted.

I didn't want him to explain.  I understood completely, and it stung. I knew the moment he asked me out that it would end in my heart being shattered into a million pieces.  People like me don't get happy endings with the ridiculously attractive, sweet, funny, amazing guy.

"You won't really listen if I just tell you right now." Jongin let out a frustrated sigh.

"Yeah because there's a completely logical explanation for seeing your boyfriend face with some random chick." I scoffed.

"We were not face."

"If you wanted to break up with me, you could've just told me.  You didn't need to go and immediately find my replacement." I sassed at the door.

"Kyungsoo." Jongin said sharply.

"What?!"

"Just let me explain." He begged.

I couldn't even close my eyes without thinking about it.  He was standing there, locked in a passionate embrace with some girl.  His hands were gripping her waist while he kissed someone that was not me.  He didn't even have his eyes open, which meant that he wasn't just attacked by some crazy lady who desperately wanted him. "No."

With that I heard Jongin go away.  I was relieved and slackened against the cold tile floor.  I picked myself up and briefly looked at myself in the mirror.  It was painfully obvious that bouts of sobbing had taken place.  My hair was in a state of disarray.

I moved away from the mirror and slowly situated myself in the bathtub.  It was cold, but I didn't care because I felt like I was going to cry again.  Perhaps the bathtub could protect me from my feelings.

Suddenly the door unlocked, and Jongin walked in.  I hated that he still looked perfect.  I curled into a protective ball, "Go away." My voice cracked as I hid my face behind my knees.

Jongin sighed and climbed into the tub.  I felt his legs against mine.  "This is really uncomfortable, Kyungsoo."

"You can leave." I muttered.  I felt Jongin pry my hand off of my knees.  He gripped my hand as I tried to shake him off.  I looked up at him indignantly.

He ignored my glare and took my other hand.  Jongin looked at me with his beautiful, endless brown eyes.  "Kyungsoo."

"Let. Go." I tried to maintain icy despite the way Jongin was melting my heart.

"I'm going to tell you what happened, and then you can decide whether or not you want to stop being mad at me."  I rolled my eyes, but Jongin still continued, "I was helping out an old acquaintance.  She was trying to send a message to a guy who wouldn't stop pursuing her."

Apparently that was the end of Jongin's story.  "I don't believe you."

"Do you believe me when I say that I'm in love with you and only you?  Or when I say that I know you are the only one for me?"  He asked.

His grip on my hands tightened when I took a breath to answer, "I want to."

"What's stopping you from believing it?" Jongin gave me a pleading look.

"Reality.  Have you seen yourself?  Have you seen me?  You are light years out of my league.  Even that is an understatement." I gently gnawed on the inside of my cheek while avoiding eye contact.

"I'll call her, and she can confirm my story."  Jongin sighed as he released my hands.  He slowly climbed out of the bathtub.  He bent down and kissed the crown of my head. "And you're wrong.  You're out of my league."

Somehow, my desire to be alone, free of Jongin and my suffocating love for him, didn't matter anymore.  I wanted a hug; more specifically, I wanted Jongin to be holding me so tightly that I could hear his heartbeat.  Sometimes my insecurities were my worst enemy.

 

I woke up in my bathtub with an intense ache in my back.  I shouldn't have fallen asleep in the porcelain container.  I groaned as I stiffly climbed out of the bathtub.  The air smelled faintly of coffee and bacon.

I made my way to the kitchen while stretching my back.  I was greeted by the sight of Baekhyun's back in front of the stove wearing the apron Jongin had given me for my birthday.  There was a plate of bacon placed next to the stove.

I walked up and took a piece of bacon delicately from the plate.  I gripped the edges as grease slightly dirtied my fingers.  Baekhyun was scraping a spatula across the skillet, scrambling eggs.  I bit into the crispy piece of bacon.  "Morning." My greeting was muffled by the food in my mouth.

"Morning.  I made coffee." Baekhyun pointed at the pot with the spatula.

"Why did you let him in?" I asked, setting my bacon on a clean plate.  I wiped my fingers on my pants before opening a cabinet to retrieve a mug.

Baekhyun turned the dial on the stove to zero, taking away the heat from the eggs.  He pushed the eggs from the skillet onto the plate with my piece of bacon.  He walked into the dining room and placed the plate on the table.  He sat down and motioned for me to the same.

I begrudgingly sat down.  "So, why?"

"You two obviously needed to talk." Baekhyun stated, pushing the plate of eggs even closer to me.

I picked up a spoon.  "You saw what he was doing.  What more is there to talk about?"  I stared at the eggs.

"Well, what did he say?" Baekhyun inquired.

"He tried to feed me some lie about how he was helping out a friend." I pushed my eggs around the plate.

"Did it work?"

"He wants to prove it, and I feel like I'm going to let him." I sighed in frustration.  "Why do I want to believe him?"

"We both know the answer to that." Baekhyun leaned forward and stole the piece of half eaten bacon from my plate.

"He still hasn't told me that his sister is coming to town." I brought my hands to my face. "Have you talked to Chanyeol yet?"

Baekhyun nibbled on his bacon, or my bacon, and tilted his head to the side. "No." He admitted quietly.

"Has he tried to apologize?"

Baekhyun stared off into space before answering, "He tried to call yesterday. And I was afraid he'd try to go to my apartment, so I'm hiding here.  It's just... you know when it was his birthday while I was away from him, I lit a candle and ate some cake.  I would wonder if he was missing me on his birthday because we've celebrated birthdays together since elementary school." Baekhyun paused, choking back tears, "I got really lonely on my birthday because Chanyeol wasn't there.  I even made wishes on the candles to him again.  To think that he could forget my birthday... did he really even miss me?"

"You should talk to him.  What if there was a really good reason?" I suggested, it was a different tone than our earlier conversation.

Baekhyun sighed deeply, "He probably had a really good reason."  It was the most reluctant admittance I'd ever heard.

"Listen to his explanation or apology or whatever." I finally shoveled a spoonful of eggs into my mouth.

"If you listen to Kai's." Baekhyun offered, popping the rest of the bacon into his mouth.

"Is this being in a mature relationship?"  I asked as I rested my chin on my hand.

" doesn't it?"

"Yeah, and these eggs are terrible." I told him while covering my mouth. They were not something that I wished to revisit.

"It's the thought that counts."



A/N: I feel like I broke you guys.  It was actually really cute. Still more to come... I.E. BAEKYEOL from Chanyeol perspective, and maybe if enough people beg Kai's perspective on the kiss...

Also, just like a general note, Kyungsoo refers to Kai as Jongin because he feels its more intimate than Kai... like he's the only one that can get away with calling him Jongin.

If you are still here, ILY and um I'm working on the next chapter.  Sort of sorry for the angst but not really.

:-*