Chapter 23

Seven Become One

 

Hyunseung glanced at Hyunki wondering what exactly to say. No doubt his sister wanted the truth but he also had to be careful. He didn’t think Hyunki wanted his sister knowing the truth, that was clear by the glare on Hyunki’s face.

“He doesn’t have a good reason,” said Hyunki breaking the silence, “he was just being a jerk. Now come on Hae Won.”

Hyunki left with his sister leaving a bewildered Hyunseung on the steps of the hospital. Hyunseung wasn’t sure what had just happened.  One thing was clear, he had hurt more than Hyunki by his actions, It was no good standing outside the hospital. Hyunseung made his way back to the dorm and waited for Hyunki to return,

“What’s up?” asked Junhyung sitting down next to Hyunseung. Sometimes it was hard to know if something was bothering Hyunseung but right now Junhyung could see that something was bothering him.

“Did you know that Hyunki had a sister?”

“I met her earlier this week when ShiWoo called Hyunki to the hospital, didn’t you know that he had a sister?” asked Junhyung

“Anyo,” replied Hyunseung, “I thought TOP was his only sibling.”

            Since something had happened again with Hyunki’s sister, Junhyung decided to talk to  Hyunki. He was the only one Hyunki had really told about his sister so he felt like it was his job as the Hyung to see if everything was okay. Hyunki had seem rather upset when he returned a few minutes ago. Junhyung knocked on Hyunki’s door, there was no answer, he poked his head in and saw Hyunki on his bed with his headphones on and a pad of paper in his hands. Junhyung walked over and patted Hyunki on the knee. He looked up from his pad of paper and then took his headphones off when he saw that it was Junhyung.

“Hyung,” sighed Hyunki

“Hey, what’s  going on. I heard that something went down between your sister and Hyunseung.”

“Oh that, it’s just the drugs. Hae Won doesn’t know what she’s saying.”

“Are you sure that’s all. You know you can tell me anything.”

Hyunki smiled slightly, “I know.”

“Good, Oh what’s this?” asked Junhyung glancing at the notebook.

“Just my thoughts,” said Hyunki turning the notebook around so Junhyung could read it.

“This good,” said Junhyung skimming over the lyrics, “when you finish you should show me. With some little help we might be able to get it on our next album.”

“Really?” asked Hyunki shocked.

“You’ve got talent. And you’re honest with your lyrics. I think a little work and it will turn out to be a good song. When you’re finished bring it to me. Let’s see if we can put it to music.”

            Hyunki couldn’t believe it. Junhyung hyung had told him that his lyrics were good! He had just been messing around trying to get his thoughts on paper. When Kikwang walked into the room Hyunki was sitting up in his bed fast asleep with his headphones still on, a pad of paper in his lap, and a pen in his hand. Kikwang smiled slightly and sighed. It looked like Hyunki was completely worn out. Kikwang carefully took the pen and pad of paper away and set it off to the side. He then took off Hyunki’s headphones and turned off his iPod. Lastly Kikwang gently slid his arm behind Hyunki’s head and carefully shifted him so he was laying down and wouldn’t get a crick in his next, he then tossed Hyunki’s blanket on top of him and turned off the light.

            Sadly when Hyunki woke up in the morning things were another mess. Fans had caught a few pictures of him. One was of him playing basket ball with BTS members and the other was of the scene at the hospital just the other night. Hyunki started to get a head ache. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He had tried being cute, he had tried being himself, he had even tried not talking on programs that much, but nothing seemed to work. Today B2UTYs were angry about the fact that Hyunki had been spending his free time with BTS while their BEAST oppas had been elsewhere and that he should’ve been with them if he really was a part of the team. The other issue that they were upset about was the fight between his sister and Hyunseung. Of course the fans didn’t know that Hae Won was his sister, they thought she was his girlfriend. They were saying that Hyunki wasn’t even thinking like a rookie if he had a girlfriend and that his girlfriend shouldn’t be getting mad it Hyunseung.

            While Hyunki wasn’t looking the BEAST members shot pictures of Hyunki working hard and then uploaded them on their SNS with captions like “our Maknae is working hard, please support him”. Hyunseung took some extra time and uploaded a second picture of the two of them practicing together and with a message explaining that the girl in the photo’s was Hyunki’s sister and that she was angry because she wasn’t feeling well and just wanted to go home when he showed up. The members hoped that all of these messages would calm B2UTYs down and make them see that Hyunki was a very sweet, hard working member. CUBE also gave a response to the photos that Hyunki had played Basket ball with BTS during his personal time and that Hae Won was his sister and not his friend. But at the end of the day it wasn’t the fans that Hyunki was worried about. At every one of their schedule he had spotted N and Hyuk watching them. Now they wouldn’t be doing that if something hadn’t happened. Hyunki wondered what had gone down between Hyunseung and Leo because he certainly hadn’t seen Leo or any of the VIXX members since high school. That night Hyunki decided to talk to Hyunseung and sort some things out, this couldn’t go on any longer.

“Hey,” said Hyunki while they were taking a break from practice, “we need to talk.”

“I agree,” said Hyunseung, “how come I didn’t know that you had a sister?”

“Because I didn’t even know about her until a month after VIXX beet me up.” Snapped Hyunki, “and you stay away from Hae Won. Adding her to the picture would just make things more difficult. Plus why should I trust you with my sister when you clearly have forbidden me to near your’s?”

“You know why I wont let you!” retorted Hyunseung.

“How many times do I have to tell you? I didn’t cheat on her, despite what you think. But then again your 4D brain may not be able to grasp that concept. And that’s not what I wanted to talk about.”

“then what did you want to talk about?” asked Hyunseung putting his hands on his hips.

“Why were N and Hyuk watching us. What did you do?”

“Nothing,” retorted Hyunseung, “I haven’t done anything, it is Leo that is one that is being paranoid.”

“I don’t believe you, Leo isn’t like that. Plus he’s got nothing to lose if it gets out what happened.”

“I’m done talking about this,” said Hyunseung flinging his hand’s up in frustration, “you wont listen to me no matter what I say so it is pointless in trying to explain anything.”

The other members overheard the conversation and wondered what was going on between the two of them. Recently things had looked like they were getting better between Hyunki and Hyunseung but now it didn’t look like it. Doojoon was just about to intervene when Joonkun walked into the room.

“Hyunseung and Hyunki we need talk.”

“What is it about Hyung?” said Hyunseung walking over.

“The company has decided to take a more serious action with the two of you.”

Hyunki glanced at Hyunseung wondering what Joonkun hyung could possibly mean.

“ We decided that in order to show the fans that you guys do get along and work well together you’re going to come out with a mini album, just the two of you, also it would be good if the title track can be released at your concert.”

Hyunseung and Hyunki glanced at each other shocked. This meant they had less the two months to come up with a title song and neither of them had expected the company to take this route.

“Junhyung you have a few finished songs, let’s take a look at those and see if they will work for the title track.”

“Actually,” said Junhyung looking at Hyunki with a bit of a twinkle in his eyes, “Hyunki has been writing one, the lyrics are all done and we just need to put it to music.”

Hyunki glanced at Junhyung, his song wasn’t ready for it to be released. And he’d only finished a rough draft. How was he supposed to finish it in time for it to be recorded before the concert?

“Really,”  said Joonkun shocked, “then finish it at the end of the week and we’ll take a look at it.”

“Um…sure…okay.” Stammered Hyunki

“Wait, Hyunki, you wrote a song?” asked Yoseob.

“Yes, but it is long from being finished. Hyung why did you bring it up,” wined Hyunki with a pout on his face, “it’s not done and I can’t finish it in three days.”

Junhyung smiled at Hyunki’s agyeo,  “ I think you can, plus I told you I would help you out.”

            Over the next three days Hyuki didn’t get any sleep, he wrote and rewrote the lyrics so many times he lost count. He stayed up all night working on the music. Junhyung helped him out too but he often called it a night at around three or four but Hyunki stayed in Junhyung’s studio going over the song a hundred more times. To Hyunki this song was very important. It conveyed thoughts and emotions that he couldn’t otherwise. Junhyung had also talked to Hyunseung a bit explaining the concept of the song and Hyunseung voiced some suggestions that Junhyung added to the lyrics when he went over them with Hyunki. Finally, after staying up for seventy-two hours straight Hyunki managed to finish the song and send the mp3 file in. Now all he had to do was wait. That day Hyunki took a nap at any chance he got. 

            That day they had a photo shoot for a clothing brand. The concept was a bright and color spring one. Although Hyunki didn’t feel that way. Every time the members went looking for Hyunki when it was his turn they found him fast asleep somewhere. At one point Doojoon was looking for Hyunseung and he found him fast asleep next to Hyunki with his head resting on Hyunseung’s shoulder, who was also fast asleep. He took a photo and uploaded it on his SNS with the caption “Sleepy 2Hyun, aren’t they cute?’ Then he had to wake Hyunseung up who rubbed his eyes as he slowly started to wake up. It was late when they finally finished for the day and Hyunki could barley manage to the front door of the dorm he was so tired. He didn’t even bother to change, check his emails or wash his face he just crashed in his bed.

“Did Hyunki sleep at all the last three days?” asked Doojoon glancing at Junhyung

“I don’t think so. He didn’t leave the studio when I did and he was there when we arrived in the morning for practice.”

“So hyung you excited about doing a mini album with Hyunki?” asked Dongwoon.

“Honestly I’d rather do one with Junhyung,” said Hyunseung rubbing the back of his neck, “not that Hyunki isn’t a good rapper it just that Junhyung  is more versatile and can seeing too.”

“Oh I don’t know about that,” said Junhyung, “if Hyunki’s song get’s pick I think you’ll be surprised by the demo. He’s the one singing not me.”

“Even if it’s not picked I still want to hear it,” said Yoseob, “I’m curious about it.”

“Me too,” chimed in Kikwang as he finished off his protein shake.

            Two days went buy and there was no more news on subunit mini album or it’s title. Junhyung had already started work on the six other songs for the album, including a solo song for both Hyunseung and Hyunki. Hyunki started to get anxious about it. If they didn’t like his song why was it taking so long, were they waiting to pick a title song before they told him that his song wasn’t good enough?  During that time BEAST had their last fan signing event before the concert. The venue was packed and all the fans were egger to see BEAST. But what brightened Hyunki’s day was not the fans, it was his dongsaeng. Shi Woo had braved the crowds and had come to see his brother and the other members. Hyunki was so happy he couldn’t hold back his bright smile when he saw his dongsaeng. The other members were also glad to see Shi Woo, even though they’d only met a few times the members felt like Shi Woo was their dongsaeng too. Plus he was so cute it was hard not to smile when one saw him. Finally the night after the fan singing event and just as the members were finishing practice for the day Joonkun walked into the practice room again and said he had news about the title track.

“Everyone has discussed it and it has been decided that…….Hyunki’s song ‘Waiting for you’ will be the title track.”

Okay everyone I have finally finished another chapter. Sorry it took so long, I just started another story and this last week I was bombarded with work and School that I had no time to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please subscribe and let me know what you think. Any and all comments are welcome