Chapter 13

Seven Become One

 

Chapter 13

“You guys don’t know anything.” Said Hyunki and walked away leaving the VIXX gang members in the dark gazing at him with smirks on their faces.

            It couldn’t be true. No, no way. Hyunseung would never do what Leo had suggested. It was just their way of getting into his head and complicating things. Hyunki wouldn’t believe, he couldn’t. He had been trying to fix things between, granted it wasn’t going well but if this was true there was no way they could go back to how they used to be. Hyunseung and Hyunki would be doomed to be enemies and yet in the same group. Hyunki didn’t want to go back to the dorm. Not now, he had to cool his head before he returned or else he’d make things worse. He texted Doojoon letting him know he was going to be out later than he planned then Hyunki made a phone call. He had only been waiting ten minutes when the door of the coffee shop opened and in walked Jimin with a hoody and mask on. He ordered and then took a seat across from Hyunki. He didn’t have his usual smiling face on, he was more worried and serious.

“What’s up?” he asked, “you sounded upset on the phone.”

“I ran into Leo tonight.”

“Oh,” said Jimin taking a sip of his coffee, “he didn’t hurt you did he?”

“No,” sighed Hyunki, “not physically.”

“I know that look,  what’s the matter?” he said touching Hyunki’s hand.

“Leo said…..” he hesitated not wanting to admit what he’d heard, “he said that Hyunseung paid VIXX off to hurt me, to make it so I couldn’t dance.”

“And you believe him?” asked Jimin

“ I don’t know what to believe,” said Hyunki fighting back the tears.

“Hyunki look at me,” he said gazing at Hyunki in the eye, “I don’t care what that bastard Leo said, Hyunseung wouldn’t do that. If he did, which I don’t think so, then try to put it behind you. I know that will be difficult but you have to think about the team. You guys can’t function properly if there’s bad blood between you guys.”

“You’re saying I shouldn’t tell them. I should  act like it never happened?”

“No, of course not, just try to put it behind you so you can work with the other members as well as Hyunseung. You’ve been given a golden opportunity to be in a group that is well established and has a good fan base. If you really can’t do it…..then I would consider leaving the group. A group can’t function when there isn’t teamwork and you don’t support each other.”

            The two boys talked for a good while. Hyunki pouring is worries and heart out to Jimin. Even though he was close with Jungkook, Jimin had been the Hyung that he’d always been able to talk to and pour out his concerns and worries. They talked longer than Hyunki had thought and when he did look at his clock he realized that he’d been gone for over two hours. Jimin and Hyunki both agreed it was time to go their separate ways, before leaving Jimin told Hyunki that if he needed to talk again to call him. He would pick up.

            Although talking to Jimin had helped Hyunki still had a lot to think about. Leo’s words still lingered in his head. He knew things had been bad between them before the fight but he couldn’t imagine Hyunseung being so angry at him as to do something like Leo was suggesting.  When he arrived back at the dorm he saw Kikwang and Dongwoon fighting over who really one the computer game. Junhyung and Hyunseung were sprawled on the floor with there headphones on watching something. He glanced around and eventually saw Yoseob and Doojoon in the kitchen finishing up cleaning.

“Hyunki!” said Yoseob spotting him.

“You’re late, I was getting worried, is everything okay?” asked Doojoon.

“Yeah, I’m tired I’m going to turn in.” said Hyunki glancing at Hyunseung.

“Oh night!” said Yoseob.

“You going to talk to him,” said Kikwang walking over and opening up a red ginseng packet from the fridge.

“Yeah, he doesn’t look okay,” said Dongwoon grabbing Kikwang’s red ginseng packet and drinking it.

“Hey, that’s mine get your own!”

“But you already opened it for me.” Smiled Dongwoon trying to act like the Maknae.

“No, I think it’s best just to leave Hyunki alone. He’ll tell us what’s going on if he wants to and when he’s comfortable telling us.”

            The following day was another long one with three radio programs, Weekly Idol, two music programs, Simply Kpop, and a photo shoot for a clothing brand. Even after all of their schedule the group had to make it back to the company and do their dance practice. Not only were they preparing for concert in a few months but also a special stage with the members of BTOB. It was a lot to do and they didn’t have enough hours in the day. Junhyung and Hyunki still had to finish the rap recordings too. Hyunki was beginning to feel the pressure as the new member along with the stress that went with it. The lack of sleep and concerns about what Leo had said weren’t making things any easier.

“Yeah!” yelled Hyunseung, “how many times to I have to tell you, left foot goes out first then the right.”

They had been practicing the chorography for Fiction and it was the fourth time they’d had to stop because Hyunki had made a mistake.

“You try learning 21 different songs at once, see how well you keep all that chorography straight.” Glared Hyunki

“I would do a lot better than you are,” snorted Hyunseung.

“Than maybe I should just stop dancing uh, after all that’s what you really want isn’t it Hyunseung!”  and then stormed out.

“Hyunseung, you shouldn’t be so hard on him,” said Doojoon

“Yeah, it’s not like he’s performed these songs before.” Said Junhyung

“and he’s got a lot on his place, I’m sure he’s stressed out about the concert and try perform well on the broadcast so he doesn’t make us look bad.” Said Dongwoon.

“He’s not practicing enough, if he’d been practicing like should then he’d have the chorography done.” Retorted Hyunseung

“He is, Ilhoon told me that he’s seen Hyunki here at four or five in the morning practicing before we even start our schedule.” Said Yoseob.

Hyunseung couldn’t believe it, everyone else was taking that jerk Hyunki’s side.

“I’m going to go find Hyunki.” Said Kikwang wiping his sweet with a towel and then heading out of the practice studio with a water bottle in hand.

It didn’t take Kikwang to long to find Hyunki as he was hiding away in a vocal practice room. Kikwang closed the door behind him and then handed Hyunki the water bottle. He took a long sip from the water bottle. Kikwang watched him trying to read what was going on but he couldn’t, all he could tell was that Hyunki was angry and frustrated.

“You want to tell me what’s going on? This isn’t just about the chorography is it?”

“Kikwang,” said Hyunki looking his hyung in the eye, “I know you’re just trying to help but please don’t ask. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay, fine you don’t have to tell me. But Hyunki,” said Kikwang gently placing his hand on Hyunki’s, “Hyunseung doesn’t always mean what he says. You’re doing just fine. You still have lots of time to get the chorography down.  Don’t stress about it, when the concert comes around you’ll do just fine I promise. We’re all rooting for you, you know.”

“Thanks,” said Hyunki giving Kikwang a weak smile.

He smiled, “Come on let’s get back to practice we’ve only got another hour left.”

            The seven members practiced for another hour, focusing just on two songs. Everyone could feel the tension in the room between Hyunseung and Hyunki. Hyunseung was keeping a close eye on Hyunki as he danced and Hyunki was doing his best not to make anymore mistakes. Unfortunately with Hyunseung watching him like a hawk Hyunki made a couple more mistakes and the members could see Hyunseung trying to hold his temper in. Eventually Doojoon called it a night and the members headed back to the dorm. While they members waited until it was there turn to use the shower some of them started opening up their fan letters from the fan meeting. Yoseob and Dongwoon told Hyunki to join them but Hyunki shook his head telling them he would read them later. The truth was he was afraid most of them were hate letters like the last time and he didn’t want the other members seeing that.

Like he had the last few nights an hour after the other members had fallen asleep Hyunki snuck out to get more practice done. Hyunseung had been right, even though he’d practiced for hours and hours on end he should know most of the routines by now. During his solo practice time Hyunki was also working on a chorography for his solo stage during the concert. He felt like if he could create the chorography himself then maybe the fans wouldn’t see him as a hindrance to BEAST and see that he was actually talented too. A week went by and Hyunki was slowly getting better at the choreography. He spent about nine or ten hours a day just practicing the dances.  He still felt like he was making progress to slow but he didn’t know what else to do. There was also the lingering question in the back of his head,  did Hyunseung really pay off Leo and VIXX to do that to him six years ago?

“We need to talk,” said Hyunki pulling Hyunseung into their room for some privacy.

“If you want to talk why don’t you do it in front of everyone else?” smirked Hyunseung

“Because this is just between the two of us.”

“What?” said Hyunseung rolling his eyes.

“I ran into Leo a week ago,”

Hyunseung glanced at him with a curious expression, “So…”

“He told me that you paid him off to incapacitate me, did you?”

Hyunseung let out a small laugh, “ that was six years ago, what does that matter now. Besides even if I did there is nothing you can do about it.”

“TELL ME THE TRUTH JANG HYUNSEUNG” Yelled Hyunki holding back his tears, “did you pay VIXX to beet me up?”

So what did you guys think? Do you like Jimin giving Hyunki advice, do you think he gave Hyunki good advice? What do you think, did Hyunseung really pay VIXX to hurt Hyunki? Please subscribe and comment.