chapter 20

Seven Become One

            Everyone was completely shocked. Nothing liked this had ever happened to them before. Jiyong told the members that they all should go back to the dorm, they couldn’t do anything else at the hospital. Kikwang didn’t want to leave Hyunki though but Jiyong said that Hyunki was already asleep and it was best just to leave him. They could all come back in the morning. So the members reluctantly left, as they were on the car ride back to the dorm Hyunseung called TOP. It would be good to let TOP know what had happened. They all went to bed that night feeling rather uneasy. None of them were happy with leaving Hyunki in the hospital alone.  Yoseob tried to go to sleep but all he could think about was poor Hyunki in the hospital all alone. So he got up, changed and headed out. Even though it was late he was sure that the hospital wouldn’t mind him checking up on . When he did reach the hospital room he expected to find Hyunki fast asleep but instead he was wide awake.

“Hey,” said Yoseob poking his head in, “what are you doing up?”

“I couldn’t sleep, to much on my mind.”

“thinking of the antis,” said Yoseob, “don’t worry about it. They’ll all come around. They just don’t know you like we do.”

“It’s not them.” Sighed Hyunki

“What is it then?” asked Yoseob.

“If I tell you, you have to promise not tell anyone. Including the others.”

“I wont, pinky promise.”

            Hyunki let out a long sigh and began his story. He started from the beginning how he and Hyunseung had met and how they had quickly formed a hyung-dongsaeng relationship. He told how Hyunseung had become the Hyung that he would seek out whenever TOP wasn’t available because of his work. TOP used to call Hyunseung Hyunki’s brother from another mother. Then he told how their relationship had quickly turned sour Hyunki’s freshman year of high school. Starting with Hyunseung being kicked out of school for cheating and blaming it on Hyunki because he didn’t speak up. Ending with why Hyunseung had paid Leo and VIXX to beat him up and the sad aftermath of it. When Hyunki had finished Yoseob sat in silence utterly shocked at what Hyunki had told him. It all became very clear as to why Hyunseung had been treating him so cruelly. Just as Yoseob was about to say something TOP stepped into the room.

“Hello,” said Yoseob bowing to his sunbae.

“Yoseob! Nice to see you. You’re still up,” said TOP walking over and giving his brother a hug, “you feeling better?”

“A little bit.”

“I’ll let you two catch up, oh Hyunki I brought this.” Said Yoseob pulling out kimbap and a package of rice cakes. “I’ll be back in the morning. It was nice seeing you TOP.”

Yoseob left and the warm atmosphere somehow managed to get cold. Hyunki couldn’t look at his own brother. TOP was worried about him and he didn’t like that. Particularly since he wondered if  it had bothered his schedule or made him unable to fully concentrate during his schedule.  So Hyunki didn’t say anything but eventually TOP spoke.

“You doing alright? I’ve read the articles.”

“I’m fine, really.” Said Hyunki with a smile trying to make his brother comfortable.

“You know not to pay attention to what they’re saying. You fit perfectly with BEAST.”

“I know.”

“Are you two still fighting though? I explained things to Hyunseung.”

“Things are just complicated,” sighed Hyunki “but I think we’re starting to get past it.”

TOP smiled, “ and really, don’t worry. Fans will come around soon and see all of your charms.”

            TOP and Hyunki talked for a little while longer. TOP had an early start in the morning and he wanted to get at least a couple hours of sleep. Hyunki on the other hand couldn’t sleep. All he could think about was the articles about him and Hyunseung and how the fans really wanted him to leave. He know that he shouldn’t take it to heart but it was hard not to. Especially when BEAST was already a well established group with a big fanbase. Even though he and Hyunseung were starting to slowly forgive each other Hyunki worried that it wouldn’t be fast enough for B2UTYs to see.

            In the morning there were more articles about Hyunki. Someone had caught pictures of Hyunki rushed to the hospital.  CUBE released a statement that Hyunki had glue poisoning and was recovering from it right now. That morning Yoseob had practice for his musical Zorro so he wasn’t able to come with the others to pick Hyunki up from the hospital. The doctor said that Hyunki was much better but that he should still take it a little easy for another day. All of the members were very happy to see Hyunki and they all greeted him warmly. When he glanced over at Hyunseung he was smiling slightly at him.

“How are you doing?” asked Doojoon.

“Much better,” smiled Hyunki

“You don’t look like you slept at all.” Said Junhyung

“It’s a hospital hyung,” said Hyunki sarcastically, “ a nurse comes in at four in the morning to draw blood. Could you sleep?”

“I could,” said Hyunseung flatly.

Everyone burst out laughing, of course Hyunseung would say something like that. Then again Hyunseung could sleep anywhere and was the hardest to wake up. A few minutes later Hyunki’s discharge papers were complete and they could all leave. That day they didn’t have as busy schedule as they had been having but it was still relatively busy and after their schedule was over they all went to the dance studio to get in more practice. They got done around midnight and then headed out for a late night dinner, Doojoon’s treat. They decided to all go out for Italian food. They ended up ordering three different kinds of spaghetti, ravioli, and a big pizza. In no time the seven of them quickly devoured the meal. It was around one when they returned to the dorm. Hyunseung and Junhyung jumped into the shower. When Hyunseung finished he texted someone and then grabbed his jacket, and hat. He was about to head out when Dongwoon asked him where he was going this late at night. Hyunseung replied that he was going to see a friend and would be back before two.

            Hyunseung hurried to his car in the underground parking lot and headed out. He wasn’t going to far from the dorm but he didn’t want to take any chances that he might be seen. So he was using his car with the dark tinted windows. A few minutes after he left his phone went off with a reply from the person he had messaged. When he was at a red light Hyunseung glanced at it, seeing the reply he expected. He parked a couple blocks away from the meeting spot and walked the rest of the way. Even though it was late Hyunseung had to be careful not to be noticed by the others’ It was dark with only a few street lights along the back streets. He was just rounding the corner when N and Ravi stepped out. He could tell it was them by N’s bright red hair and Ravi’s white hair. Hyunseung turned around to see Leo, Hongbin, and Hyuk  behind him with cold eyes. Their arms crossed giving off an imposing feel.

“Why did you suddenly want to see me?” said Leo in a little annoyed voice.

“You did this to Hyunki didn’t you,” said Hyunseung waving simplified doctor’s report in Leo’s face.

N grabbed it and glanced at it, “So what if we did,” he said, “ you’re the one that paid us to do it anyways.”

“I didn’t tell you to put Hyunki into a comma!” said Hyunseung trying to control his anger.

“You just told us to make him incapacitated.” Said Hyuk taking the lollipop out of his mouth.

“If you were so picky you should’ve given us specific instructions,” said Leo.

“Besides I thought you were mad because he did something with your sister.” Said Ravi.

“Sounds like he got what he deserved.” Said Hongbin.

“There’s no refunds.” Said Leo, “we don’t do that.”

“I’m not here for a refund. I’m here because you went too far.”

Hyunseung was having a hard time keeping his anger in check. VIXX had really gone way to far six years ago. He couldn’t believe how badly they’d beaten Hyunki up.

“If I find out you do something like this again to anyone then I’m going to turn you in.”

“are you threatening us,?” said Leo taking a step forward staring at Hyunseung with his cold dark eyes.

“You know,” said Ravi moving a bit closer too, “you would have more to lose than we do if you turned us in.”

Hyunseung looked at all the VIXX members. Every single one of them were staring at him with ice cold eyes that also had a fire like fury in them. Hyunseung took a step back trying to get out of the group’s imposing stare.

“I can always do it anonymously.” Said Hyunseung

“I don’t think so,” said Hongbin with a smile that showed his dimples but it was a mischievous smile not a happy one.

“I’ve got a photo of you,” chimed Hyunki with a scarily innocent smile on his face, “places you with Leo paying him for the service. Oh and it’s on video too.”

A sly smile spread across Leo’s face and Hyunseung’s expressed changed to defeat.

“So if you try anything then I’ll release the photo and video to the press. You’ve got more to lose then we do. So just say quiet will you.” Said Leo patting Hyunseung on the head.

VIXX laughed and faded back into the shadows very pleased with themselves. Hyunseung was left standing in the ally alone and shocked.

Oh no what is Hyunseung going to do! Is Leo going to blackmail him! Will Hyunki be able to get the B2UTYs on his side? stay tuned for the next chapter. Please comment and subscribe.