Chapter 3

Seven Become One

Chapter Three

“Is something wrong?” asked Yoseob when he saw a scowl on Hyunseung’s face, “I thought I heard Hyunseung yelling.”

“No,” said Hyunseung gritting his teeth.

“Good, then lets get to work, we’re recording at the end of the week and filming the music video next week.” Said Doojoon.

            For the rest of the morning the group went over the chorography for  their title song. Around noon Jiyong arrived to take Yoseob, Kikwang and Doojoon to their individual schedules. Hyunseung and Dongwoon left to practice their vocals while Junhyung told Hyunki that he was going to be in his studio if Hyunki needed him. So Hyunki stayed in the practice room, he first practiced his rap over and over again trying to get it perfect with the right feeling. After that he practiced their title song again. After a while he had to take a brake. Hyunki went down to the café to get a bag of ice and after putting his knee brace along with the ice on his sore leg he put one earbud in and practiced rapping. First he did their new title track “Shadow” and then he went back to BEAST’s old songs and practiced Junhyung’s rap. Eventually Kikwang, Yoseob and Doojoon returned although Kikwang and Yoseob were leaving to go work out and they asked Hyunki if he wanted to join him. Since Hyunki wasn’t into boxing like Yoseob was he decided to tag along with Kikwang Hyung, he’d heard about how hard Kikwang worked out and figured he could get some pointers from Kikwang Hyung.

“Wait where’s Hyunseung and Dongwoon? They don’t have a personal schedule today.” Said Yoseob.

“We were practicing our vocals Yoseobie,” said Hyunseung stepping into the room

“Aw, you want to go boxing with me?”

“hahahah, no” said Hyunsaeng, “last time I went boxing with you I nearly died.”

“You didn’t die,” retorted Yoseob wrapping his arm around his Hyung’s shoulder, “you just need to come with me more.”

“I don’t think you’re ever going to get Hyunseung to go with you again.” Said Dongwoon.

“So you volunteering then?” asked Yoseob glancing at his dongsaeng.

“Anyo, I’d rather go with Kikwang.”

“Junhyung is still in his studio right?” said Doojoon speaking up.

“As far as  I know,” said Dongwoon.

“I think I’ll see what he’s working on, don’t come back to late tonight. And Kikwang-ah I’m counting on you to take care of Hyunki.”

“No problem,” said Kikwang giving Doojoon a salute.

            As Hyunki picked up his bag Kikwang wrapped an arm around his shoulders and together they walked out of the practice room. Kikwang led Hyunki to his car that was parked in the underground parking lot. It wasn’t a long drive to the gym that Kikwang used, while they were in the car Kikwang asked Hyunki what he’d been doing while he had been doing his personal schedule also who had given Hyunki the best first impression. Kikwang had a hard and rigorous work out and although Hyunki had been working out it was clearly not at the same level as Kikwang did. While they were working out Kikwang noticed the brace on Hyunki’s left knee.

“Did you injure your knee?” he asked glancing at the brace.

“Not recently, when I was in high school I broke my leg and knee badly. Sometimes my knee still bothers me so I wear the brace when I need to.”

“Oh,  does it bother when you dance?”

“Sometimes,” smiled Hyunki, “but I’ve learned how to deal with it.”

            About an hour and a half later they arrived back at the dorm. Kikwang told Hyunki that he could shower first. Doojoon and Junhyung were still not back yet. So it was just Yoseob, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung in the dorm. Dongwoon and Hyunseung were watching TV while Yoseob was in the kitchen looking for something for dinner. Whatever Yoseob was cooking smelled good but Kikwang probably couldn’t eat it as he was on diet yet again. Hyunki was just coming out of the bathroom when be bumped into Hyunseung

“Watch it,” he growled giving Hyunki an ice cold stare.

“Oh good you’re done, I  can take mine now. I think Yoseob finished making dinner. You guys go ahead and eat. I’ll eat later.” Said Kikwang walking up.

            Meanwhile Doojoon and Junhyung had been in Junhyung’s work studio the whole time. Doojoon liked to walk Junhyung work and occasionally he asked Doojoon’s opinion on the lyrics or melody. Eventually their talked turned from music to Hyunki and how the other members were adjusting to the change. They were a little concerned as to what their fans, B2UTY would think of the him. To BEAST  B2UTYs were very important. They wouldn’t be where they were if not for B2UTY and it was important to make them happy.

“Hey, have you noticed anything different about Hyunseung since Hyunki joined?” asked Junhyung.

“Hyunseung? No not really, why did you catch something I didn’t?”

“I don’t know, I get this feeling that Hyunseung don’t like Hyunki all that much.”

“Really? Mmmm well if there is a problem I’ll talk to Hyunseung. It’s not like him not to be friendly.”

            After a while Junhyung and Doojoon returned to the dorm. Dinner was being cleaned up, and they could hear Yoseob practicing his songs for the musical he was in. But there was no sign of Hyunseung,  Dongwoon,  Kikwang and Hyunki were the ones cleaning up the kitchen. When Doojoon asked where Hyunseung was  and Kikwang said that Hyunseung was in his room skyping with his dongsaeng. When they were done Hyunki said he was going to turn in early and headed to the room he shared with Kikwang.

“Yeah, did you were him out at the gym?” asked Doojoon.

“Gym, you took Hyunki to the gym with you. That should’ve been interesting.” Said Junhyung

“Aw that’s why he so quiet tonight, or is it because you scared him at the gym with all that loud heavy breathing and grunting you do when you workout.” Said Dongwoon.

“Haha very funny Dongwoonie.” Said Kikwang, “he’s probably just tired. Just because he doesn’t get silly when he’s tired, like you, doesn’t mean I scared him.

            The following morning all seven of them went out for a run together before going to the company and start dance practice. The boys were surprised at how easy it was for Hyunki to keep up, Kikwang and Doojoon were especially fast but Hyunki had no trouble keeping pace with them. They arrived at the company out of breath and sweeting.  Kikwang handed the out of breath Hyunseung his water bottle, which he gladly accepted and took a big gulp. An instant later Hyunseung spit the water spraying Doojoon and Dongwoon.

“Aw…Hyung!” exclaimed Dongwoon

“Kikwang!” yelled Hyunseung

“Oh my gosh you should of seen the look on your face when you realized it was salt.” Laughed Kikwang, “here’s some clean water.”

“I have to say Kikwang that one never gets old.” Said Dongwoon as they walked into the practice room.

“I’m surprised you didn’t do it to Hyunki.” Said Doojoon

“Well Hyunseung has been moody lately so I thought I would try and make him laugh.”

“Very funny Kikwang, now lets get to practice.”

            And so the long hard dance practice begun.  Hyunki was glad he’d spent a lot of time yesterday practicing the routine after the other members had left to do their own practice. The other members were quick to learn and perfect the chorography, but for Hyunki it was a little difficult. He felt like he was dragging the other members down. After about an hour Hyunki’s knee started to bother him and he stepped away from the others and grabbed his brace out of his gym bag. Junhyung stopped the music.

“Are you okay?” he asked

“Oh I’m fine,” said Hyunki standing up after strapping the brace on.

“Jeez, come on you don’t need that.” Exclaimed Hyunseung.

The members all glanced at Hyunseung, it wasn’t like him to say something unkind like that.  When any of the members got injured he was always one of the first to step up and help. He even took on extra chores at the dorm.

“Hyunseung…” said Doojoon

“Well you wouldn’t know if I did now would you.” Said Hyunki

“Please,” scoffed Hyunseung, “ I saw you injure your leg. Which was six years ago, it is perfectly fine now.”

The members glanced at each other. Had Hyunseung known Hyunki before he joined BEAST, if so why was he being so hostile?  Also if he had seen when the injury had occurred why wasn’t he being more understanding?

“You know you haven’t changed one bit.” Retorted Hyunki,” still only looking out for yourself with no thoughts of anyone else. What would your father say if he could see you right now?”

“YOU LEAVE MY DAD OUT OF THIS!” yelled Hyunseung

“Why? Afraid I’m right?”


Well what do you guys think? Do you like the chapter? I hope you like the clifhanger. Why do you think Hyunseung is being so mean to Hyunki? Please comment I want to hear all kinds of comments from my readers.