chapter 17

Seven Become One

Chapter 17

            Hyunki stormed out of the room slamming the door behind him. Everyone was rather stunned at the moment. Hyunseung had paid someone to hurt Hyunki! If it was true that explained a lot on Hyunki’s side of things but not what Hyunseung’s problem was.  Hyunseung flipped through the folder not believing what Hyunki had said. He knew that Leo and VIXX were capable of what Hyunki had said they’d done but there was no way they’d go that far with a freshman. The members had all grown quiet. As Hyunseung was flipping through the file Dongwoon had rushed out of the room and down the hall to find Hyunki. When he did catch up with Hyunki he was already a block away from the company.

“Hey,” said Dongwoon touching Hyunki on the shoulder.

Hyunki wasn’t paying attention and just shoved Dongwoon away before he recognized him.

“Oh, sorry,” said Hyunki, “I thought you were Hyunseung.”

“Hyunseung’s still at the practice room and he looks rather shocked. I don’t think he meant for you to get that hurt.”

“It doesn’t matter if he did or he didn’t. The point is he paid Leo to do it and if I hadn’t gotten injured I may have debuted years ago instead of spending two years  getting back in shape.”

Dongwoon didn’t know what to say. He knew that Hyunseung wouldn’t have done something like that without a very good reason but he didn’t feel it was his place to ask what had happened between them.

“You want me to take you to the dorm?” he asked finally.

“No, I need some air. I’ll be back before midnight.” Said Hyunki and then walked away.

            Back at the practice studio everyone was practicing again. Doojoon had said they’d talk about it later. So no one had brought up their multitude of questions. No one was very surprised to see Dongwoon return without Hyunki. None of them had really expected it especially after the big bomb he’d landed on Hyunseung. They all returned to the dorm around midnight and it was then that Doojoon and Junhyung pulled Hyunseung aside to talk. Yoseob, Dongwoon and Kikwang were all rather quiet wondering what exactly the older hyung’s were saying to Hyunseung. As the clock ticked away Kikwang started to get worried about Hyunki. Just as he was about to go look for him Hyunki retuned soaking wet from the rain.

“You okay? I was getting worried….”

“I’m fine…” murmured Hyunki as he walked passed Kikwang an towards the bathroom to shower.

            Over the next few days things got worse between Hyunki and Hyunseung.  One could tell that Hyunseung was still having a hard time believing the file Hyunki had given him. Hyunki stayed clear of Hyunseung and even was more quiet around the members. Personally Hyunki was feeling bad about what he had done during practice. Even though Hyunseung had hurt him Hyunki had no intention of making the other members get the wrong idea about Hyunseung or make them see him differently.  

            Kikwang began to worry that Hyunki was getting depressed. His expression hadn’t been to good the whole week and he’d hardly said a word. He was quiet on programs unless someone talked to him and he looked especially unhappy when they were in dance practice and he had to sit while they danced. One day when they were getting ready Kikwang noticed scares on Hyunki’s wrist as he was changing his bracelets. He didn’t say anything then but later that night as the two of them were crawling into bed Kikwang spoke up.

“You’re not still cutting yourself are you?” he said cautiously.

“No…” said Hyunki, “don’t tell the others please.”

“Sure. If you’re thinking about doing it again ever please talk to me. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.”

“okay…”

            Hyunki almost cried hearing Kikwang’s words. Hyunseung used to be the hyung who looked after him whenever TOP couldn’t because of his schedule now Kikwang was taking on that role. Hyunki had struggled a lot after his freshman year and he had needed his Hyung around but TOP hadn’t always been there and Hyunki had abandoned him, at least it felt that way to him. Hyunki knew the mistake he’d made six years ago and wasn’t about to make the same one again. He had tried explaining himself to Hyunseung before but he never listened to Hyunki.

 

            The week went by and Hyunki was finally able to dance again. Doojoon and the others told Hyunki to take it easy so he wouldn’t hurt himself again. But Hyunki didn’t know how to do that, He spent hours in the dance studio practicing and the night before they were going on a music program Hyunki spent most of the night in the dance studio practicing. He was worried that he would make a mistake after not practicing for a whole week. When he did return to the dorm Hyunki didn’t get a lot of sleep, he only slept for about thirty minutes before he got up with the others to leave for the salon.

“You okay, you look tired.” Said Dongwoon.

“I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night,”

“When did you get back from the studio, I didn’t hear you come in.” said Kikwang

“Six thirty.”

“You were supposed to go easy.” Said Yoseob, “not stay up all night.”

“I know….” Smiled Hyunki, “I just was nervous and when I get nervous I practice.”

“You’ll do fine, you always do.” Said  Junhyung.

“Thanks,” smiled Hyunki

“Come on guy’s we’re going to be late.” Said Hyunseung

            The members grabbed their things and headed to the TV studio.  It was going to be a long recording process as they were also up for first place.  The members were all joking around waiting for the dry rehearsal except for Hyunki who was taking a much needed nap.  He had only been napping for fifteen minutes  when the door open and he heard Shi Woo’s voice,

“Hyung!”

Hyunki woke up instantly.

“Shi Woo, what are you doing here! I told  you to not walk by yourself it’s dangerous.” He said jumping up and walking over to Hyunki and crouching down to his eyelevel.

“I wanted to see you on a TV program.”

Hyunki smiled,  even though Shi Woo was blind it didn’t stop him from supporting Hyunki however he could.

“Oh I see,” said Hyunki in a cute voice, “you didn’t come alone did you?”

“I brought him,” said a man in his early forties walking in. He was tall and slim with glasses around his single eyelid eyes.

“Ahjussi,” said Hyunki in a cold tone.

“Ahjussi,” retorted the man, “that’s a little cold for your appa.”

The members looked at Hyunki, this guy was Hyunki’s biological father!

“Shi Woo why don’t you go with Dongwoon hyung, he’ll introduce you to 4minute.” Said Hyunki handing his brother over to Dongwoon.

“APPA!!!!” exclaimed Hyunki when Dongwoon had left with Shi Woo, “you haven’t earned that title AHJUSSI! Not after what you did to me and mom.”

“Come on I came back didn’t I?”

“If you call a one night stand coming back! There is a reason you don’t have any custody on Noona and I. and the only reason Shi Woo is on your side is because he doesn’t know any better. There’s a reason omma calls me whenever Hyunki is missing or out with you.”

“Aw seriously I’m a good appa, Shi Woo loves hanging out with me. If you spent more time with me….”

“I don’t need to spend more time with a drunk, pill popping, Ahjussi who sold his own son for drugs. Now get out before I call security!” snapped Hyunki.

            Hyunki’s dad left and Hyunki left to go look for Shi Woo. The members were all rather shocked. Hyunki wasn’t one just to spit out words if he didn’t mean it. Had his father really sold Hyunki for drugs! No one dared asked Hyunki it was clear that he didn’t want to talk about his father. A few minutes after Hyunki left Geurim turned up, bring a big smile on Hyunseung’s face. He hugged her tightly, he was always very eager and happy to see his dongsaeng. 

“What’s the matter oppa? You don’t look very happy.”

“I’m just stressed that’s all.”

“Geurim did you know about Hyunseung and Hyunki’s fight in high school?” asked Yoseob

“Which one?” laughed Geurim, “the two of them always fought but the always reconciled  later.”

“Do you know why they’re mad at each other now?” asked Junhyung

“Junhyung-ah!” said Doojoon

“Hyunseung! Are you still mad about Hyunki being scared to stand up to Leo and say that you didn’t cheat on the test?” said Geurim surprised,

“He didn’t tell you the other reason he’s mad at me?”  said Hyunki walking back into the room with Dongwoon and Shi Woo, “you ought to know, it involves you after all.”

“You mean to tell me you guys haven’t been talking all these years because of me!” exclaimed Geurim.

“Hyunki hold on…you don’t need to tell her everything.”

“Tell me everything? Hyunseung what did you do.” Said Geurim with a worried expression.

“I didn’t do anything,” retorted Hyunseung

“Didn’t do anything!!!” exclaimed Hyunki, “Do you want me to show Geurim the medical report!”

“Medical report!” she said glairing at Hyunseung, “Hyunseung what did you do!  Wait… I thought Leo was the one who put Hyunki oppa in the hospital.”

“He did!” said Hyunseung, “I didn’t touch Hyunki.”

“Ya you paid him to do it!”

“HYUNSEUNG OPPA!” exclaimed Geurim, “how could you do something like that? You know how Hyunki looked up to you. Just because you guys fight doesn’t mean you can beet him up! I looked up to you how could you have done that!”

“Geurim!”

“I can’t even look at you now!” she said a tear rolling down her face before she left the room.

OMG what is going on! Geurim is mad at Hyunseung and Hyunki's dad sold him for drugs!?  How do you guys like it. I revealed a lot didn't I? Please commit and subscribe!