Chapter 7

Seven Become One

 

Chapter Seven

“Geurim…” said Hyunki cautiously.

“Oppa, why didn’t you tell me Hyunki oppa was the new member?” said Geurim playfully hitting her big brother.

“I forgot,” he said shrugging his shoulders with a big smile on his face.

The members looked at each other. They would’ve thought that Hyunseung would’ve already told his family about the additional member and who he was.

“You know Geurim?” asked Yoseob

“No,” said Hyunseung glancing at Hyunseung and then Geurim, “I’ve seen her picture though.”

“Hyunki!” exclaimed Geurim with a sad voice.

Just then Hyunki’s phone rang, it was his mom.

“Sorry I have to take this.” He said and then stepped into the waiting room.

            The members looked at each other. Something was definitely going on between Hyunseung and Hyunki, but now it looked like it might have something to do with Geurim. Which made sense a little bit. Hyunseung was very protective  of his dongsaeng so if Hyunki had somehow been involve with Geurim. But that didn’t make a lot of sense either as Hyunseung would’ve said something. At least they thought he would but after his father died a few years ago it did make sense. Hyunseung had closed himself off and become more quiet, now he was starting to open up again; now it was looking like Hyunseung might close himself off again. And none of them wanted that.  But they were also afraid of the conflict that was arising between Hyunki and Hyunseung. If they could become comfortable around each other then BEAST was going to have some serious problems.

            During the rest of the day the members kept an eye on Hyunseung but he never said anything bad about Hyunki. One thing they did notice was that  Hyunseung was always the farthest away from Hyunki that he possibly be. Kikwang and Yoseob on the other hand always stayed close to Hyunki and helped him out when he got tongue tide  or he was confused.  They got done late but then  they all went to the gym for a workout. When they got back to the dorm Hyunki didn’t even head to the shower he went straight to his room and closed the door tightly. During the day it had been clear that something was bothering both Hyunki and Hyunseung. But none of them knew what.

“You want to tell us what’s going on?” asked Junhyung stepping into Hyunseung’s room with Doojoon right behind him.

“Nothing’s going on,” sighed Hyunseung putting down his headphones.

“Hyunseungie, we can tell something is bothering you. Plus Geurim’s reaction today, she knows Hyunki doesn’t she?” said Doojoon

“Those two don’t know each other at all. You think I would let my sister have anything to do with a kid like Hyunki?” snapped Hyunseung.

“Okay, okay,” said Junhyung, “just what is going on with you recently. I’ve never seen you like this.”

“Nothing,” said Hyunseung, “I just don’t like the idea of someone coming in and joining us.”

“We all get that,” said Doojoon, “but you seem bothered by something else.”

“I’m not,” snapped Hyunseung, “now just leave me alone!”

Hyunseung shoved Doojoon and Junhyung out of his room and slammed the door behind them.  When they heard the dorm slam the other members looked towards the hallway. On occasion there had been fights but it was rare. Kikwang laughed slightly when he saw that it was both Junhyung and Doojoon that had gotten kicked out and Yoseob and Dongwoon just sighed.

“It’s not often both of your strike out with Hyunseung, what was that about?” asked Dongwoon

“Hyunki,” sighed Doojoon

“He’s hiding something,” sighed Junhyung, “I just know it, but he’s not telling us.”

“Perhaps if we talk to Hyunki he will tell us what’s going on.” Said Yoseob

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” said Kikwang, “Hyunki is trying to fit in. If we ask him something personal now he may just tell us something we want to hear, not what is actually bother him.”

“So you’re saying we should wait until this whole thing blows up in our face?” asked Doojoon

“No, I’m saying lets give both of them some more time. I think one of them will tell us what’s going on eventually.”

“Yeah, that’s the key, how soon?” sighed Junhyung.

            They boys showered and ate a quick dinner together before turning in. Although there was no sign of Hyunki, it looked like he had shut himself in the room. No one had even seen him slip in and out of the bathroom to shower When Kikwang returned to the room he saw Hyunki shove something under his matters, it looked like a picture frame. But Kikwang didn’t say anything, everyone knew that right now the best thing was just to trust Hyunki and Hyunseung.  In the morning Hyunki was nowhere to be found, and his backpack was gone. They looked around to see if anything else was missing but that was it

“You all ready to go?” asked Joonkun stepping into the dorm

“Hyung Hyunki is missing,” said Yoseob worried

“You haven’t seen him at the practice room have you?” asked Doojoon

“Relax boys,” said Joonkun, “Jiyong took Hyunki to a doctor’s appointment.”

“Doctor’s appointment!” exclaimed Kikwang

“Is something wrong with him?” asked Yoseob.

Hyunseung snickered, “Not likely, he’s just trying to get out of practice.”

“It’s a routine check up he needs for his leg. He’s going to meet us at the salon.”  Said Joonkun

            The members left the dorm a few left the dorm and headed to the salon to get ready for a very full day. They were about halfway done when Hyunki turned up, he was asleep for almost the whole time while he got his hair and makeup done. Doojoon had to shake him awake just so they could leave. Even though they had another long and grueling schedule. A few times during the dry rehearsals Hyunki made a few mistakes. Hyunseung rolled his eyes but didn’t say anything as the fans were watching.  That night during practice Hyunki didn’t join in, he just watched and rapped when his part came up. Clearly Hyunseung was a little annoyed. Finally after twenty  minutes Hyunseung got fed up.

“You’re the rookie you’re the one who should be working harder.” Snapped Hyunseung

“My doctor said to take it easy on my leg.” Said Hyunki

“Oh please,” smirked Hyunseung, “when you sprained your ankle in middle school that didn’t stop you from working your off and won the dance competition. Now where did that kid go hu?” 


I hope you guys are enjoying it. What do you think Hyunki hid under his bed? How does Hyunseung know about Hyunki's middle school life?  Is there something between Hyunki and Geurim? Please subscribe and Comment.