Chapter 10

Seven Become One

Chapter 10

“I grew up,” he snapped, “you should too.”

“Oppa!” said Geurim walking over and releasing Hyunseung’s hand from Hyunki’ arm.

“I did,” said Hyunki jerking his arm out of Hyunseung hand, “more than you’ll ever know.”

Hyunki  pushed passed Geurim and walked out of the café.  He needed to clear his head. Geurim handed Kikwang the bento and left. This wasn’t the time to talk to Hyunseung.

“Where’s Hyunki?” asked Junhyung when Hyunseung and Kikwang returned without him.

“I think he needed to get some air.” Said Kikwang

Doojoon glanced at Hyunseung, who didn’t look him in the eye.

“We’ll talk about it later.” Said Doojoon.

            Hyunki returned fifteen minutes later. He stayed as far away from Hyunseung as he could.  It was clear that something had happened between Hyunseung and Hyunki  but no one said anything. Kikwang wanted to talk to them but right now didn’t seem to be the best time.  They finished up an hour later and returned to the dorm. Hyunseung was heading towards his room when Junhyung came up and walked in and closed the door.

“Hyunseung, come on talk to me, “ said Junhyung sitting down on Hyunseung’s bed and pulling him down next to him.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” sighed Hyunseung, “I just don’t like him.”

“Hyunseungie, You know things about Hyunki that we don’t know, Geurim knows him, something is going on. Talk to me, I wont tell anyone without your permission.”  He said rubbing Hyunseung’s back.

“So we had past, one that I’d rather forget but every time I see him he just make me feel sick. So please just don’t bring it up. I just want Hyunki to leave me alone, he was supposed to be gone for good. The last time we spoke was six years ago and we both agreed not to run into each other again.”

“So you’re angry at him because he passed the audition to get into CUBE and now he’s a member?” asked Junhyung confused.

“No, you don’t get it,  he just needs to leave and putting him in my room isn’t going to solve anything.”

“Hyunseung….”

“Junhyung just stop!” said Hyunseung standing up a little annoyed, “if anyone wants to fix the problem that’s going to be Hyunki not me. And he wont be able to.”

            Hyunki was quiet that night. He hadn’t said anything since he joined the group at practice. Doojoon noticed Hyunki take his pillow and blanket to the living room. He wasn’t going to say anything tonight. Enough had happened tonight, Kikwang had explained what he saw happen at the café.  He was a little worried that a fan had seen what had happened. In the morning what they had feared was true. It was all over the internet. Hyunki and Hyunseung’s fight. That wasn’t the only problem either the fans had taken to the internet and they were not short for responses. Before they left the dorm Doojoon made it clear to Hyunki and Hyunseung that they needed to behave in public and act like what had happened last night was all over and forgotten.

“Hyunseung where are you going?” asked Yoseob as Hyunseung  walked out of restaurant they were at for late dinner.

“I’m meeting up with GD, he wants to talk.”

“Not today,” said Doojoon, “Come on you like this restaurant.”

“Please Doojoon, I need a break. I’ll be back at the dorm in a couple hours.”

“Alright,” sighed Doojoon, “But Hyunseung you know we would rather have you here.”

“I just need some air.” Said Hyunseung, “I wont be gone more than two hours.

            Hyunki noted that Hyunseung had left and wasn’t joining them for dinner.  The six of them had fun together but Hyunki couldn’t get Hyunseung out of his mind. Things were getting much worse between them and Hyunki was afraid it would drive a wedge between Hyunseung and the other members. When they were about to leave the restaurant Hyunki’s phone went off and he stepped aside to answer it.

“Um, I have to go,” said Hyunki, “something’s come up.”

“Do you want me to go with you?” asked Kikwang.

“No!” said Hyunki firmly, “this should only take me half an hour, I’ll be back at the dorm before Hyunseung gets back

Jiyong offered to give Hyunki a ride but he insisted on taking a taxi.  It wasn’t a long taxi ride but Hyunki was a little worried at what he would see at the end. When he reach his destination Hyunki asked the cab driver to wait a few minutes for him.  He walked down an ally to find who he was looking for

“I’m sorry I had to call you,” said a girl of about eighteen with long black hair with purple highlights, she had full makeup on and was wearing a figure fitting blue dress.

“That’s okay,  when did you find her?” he asked putting his arm around the other girl who was a year younger with short hair.

“Ten minutes ago, your mom was worried so she called me not wanting to bother you.”

“I’ll take her home, thanks Hae Yoon,” said Hyunki putting his arm around the other girls waist to support her, “come on Hae Woo time to go home.”

            Hyunki supported Hae Woo and helped her into the cab and then told the diver to go to an address that was just ten minutes away. Once there he got Hae Woo out of the car and into her small apartment.  Hyunki sighed, the place was only meant for two people but there three beds. It broke his heart to see this. He didn’t want Hae Woo or her family living like this, He put her to bed and then left. When he got back to the dorm he saw Kikwang sitting on the couch waiting for him.

“I don’t want to talk.” Said Hyunki walking by

“You’ve got fan mail!” said Kikwang holding up a bag, “I thought I’d help your sort through it! He said with a big smile on his face.

“Um,  how about tomorrow,” Said Hyunki, “I’m kind of tired.”

“Okay, no worries, were did you go after dinner?” asked Kikwang

“Oh that, a friend needed me to bail him out, he accidently left his wallet at home.”

Kikwang laughed, “I see, well don’t stay up to late we’ve got an early schedule.” Said Kikwang patting him on the shoulder.

            The following day went better than the last couple had been and even though Hyunki stayed clear of Hyunseung he also did his best to show everyone that they were close. That the argument was all done and forgotten.  That day they were on Dream Team. Of the variety shows that they’d been on so far it was the one that was the most fun for Hyunki but also the most physically challenging. Hyunki was the last one to go after Hyunseung who was just under the leading time.  He took a deep breath, Hyunki wanted to win, not just to prove that he could but also so he could do something for the team. A lot of people were still skeptical about him joining BEAST and he felt that if he could prove himself here then perhaps he could prove himself on the music programs. He made good time on the first two obstacles but on the third he almost was eliminated, he rushed through the fourth and fifth ones winning the game by a few split seconds.  The other members rushed over cheering and giving Hyunki a big group up. An instant later Hyunki and Hyunseung’s eyes met but he glanced away from Hyunki. On the car ride back to the dorm Hyunki got another phone call like the one last night, none of the members knew who it was and it didn’t sound like TOP or anyone else they knew. When he got off the phone as they were arriving at the dorm Doojoon asked if everything was okay.

“Yeah, just some personal issues that’s all.” He said grabbing his bag and heading up.

“I told you he’s no good,” said Hyunseung walking up.

“Oh come on,” said Junhyung wrapping his arm around Hyunseung’s shoulders, “you’ve just got to warm up to him. I’m sure he’ll start telling us personally stuff when he feels comfortable. He’s only been with us for a couple months.”

“That’s what I’m worried about.” Said Hyunseung and then walked towards the elevator.

“They’re both hiding something,” said Yoseob.

“It would be better to ask Hyunki than Hyunseungie hyung wont tell us anything.”

“Uh ah,” said Doojoon, “Nobody goes asking them anything. Whatever the problem is it is clearly just between them. If they want to tell us fine, but no body go prying for answers, Kikwang-ah.”

“What!” exclaimed Kikwang, “what did I do?’

“I know you’re getting close with Hyunki but let him tell you in his own time.”

            Everyone did as Doojoon had suggested and left Hyunki and Hyunseung along. After everyone else was in bed Hyunki started opening the letters that Kikwang had showed him yesterday. The first few were very nice fan letters, but after that they were. It was hate mail. Anti fans and fans that didn’t  like him joining tell him to “get lost,” or that he was a “looser” who should “never join BEAST” a “rookie that was bring BEAST down” some of the letters were even worse. Hyunki put the fan letters in a special box and the rest he tossed in the trash can.

            Honestly Hyunki had kind of been expecting this kind of reaction from the long time fans of BEAST.  BEAST had been doing so well over the last five years that he was surprised the company had even thought of adding a member. Hyunki crawled back into bed and pulled the photo out from under his pillow.  He stared at it for a long time, in many ways he wished he could go back to his high school years. Things had been simpler and Hyunseung didn’t hate him then. Hyunki wanted to mend things between him and Hyunseung but if it meant hurting BEAST in the process Hyunki wasn’t sure it was worth it.

“Wow, look at those dark circles!” said Doojoon when Hyunki emerged from his room in the morning,

“How late did you stay up?” asked Yoseob handing Hyunki a piece of toast with ham and cheese on it.

“I was reading my fan mail,” said Hyunki taking a bit of the toast Yoseob gave him.

“Oh, I bet you had a lot of good ones.  A bunch of girls telling you how cute you are.” Said Kikwang winking at him.

“A few,” smiled Hyunki

“Oh, Hyunki you’ve got your first individual schedule!” said Junhyung shocked as he looked at the day’s schedule.

“Cinca!” exclaimed Yoseob and Kikwang looking over Junhyung’s shoulder.

“Wow Weekly Idol by yourself!” said Yoseob.

“You’re brave!” said Kikwang

“I’m coming as Jimin and Jungkook’s friend.” Said Hyunki finishing the toast.

“How long did you train with them?” asked Dongwoon as they headed out.

“Three years, a year after that I was with BIG.”

“So since you got kicked out of those groups we got stuck with you.” Said Hyunseung glaring at him.

Hyunki kept quiet.

Doojoon glanced at Hyunseung and he didn’t say anything else.

            It was a normal busy day for the members and when Hyunki had to go to Weekly Idol everyone else went to their solo scheduels, Junhyung and Dongwoon didn’t have any so they tagged along with Hyunki. Although Junhyung fell asleep in the car so it was only Dongwoon watching as Hyunki made his appearance on Weekly Idol. When he stepped onto the set there was a loud cheer from the BTS members and they quickly gave him a group hug.

“Hello I’m BEAST’s new member and Maknae Hyunki!” said Hyunki greeting the viewers.

“Oh, how do you know BTS?” asked Donni

“We trained together.”

“So they debuted and you didn’t?” asked Conni

Hyunki laughed it off, “the company was actually picking between me and Jungkook for the final line up.”

“Da….and I got it.” Said Jungkook wrapping his arm around Hyunki’s shoulder.

“But Hyunki trained a lot and worked very hard,” said Rap Monster, “it was hard for the company to choose and Hyunki lost by just a little bit.”

“But everything is good between you guys, you’re not mad at him..” said Donni

“No, no,” said Hyunki, “Honestly Jungkook fits better with BTS than I did.”

“Oh, but Jungkook you were actually the one who wanted Hyunki to be here to day. Wae?”

“I want to reveal all of his secretes,” he said.

Hyunki laughed, “Ya you better watch out I have plenty of your’s too.”

“Oh, Hyunki’s manger is signaling us, one good story,” said Donni.

“Uh, if I had to pick one.” Said Jungkook looking and Hyunki, “first you should know that Hyunki get’s scared easily. I don’t know why you could just walk up behind him and he’ll freak out.”

“Ya!” wined Hyunki smiling hitting Jungkook playfully

“It was Hyunki’s birthday and it was late. Hyunki thought we had forgotten about it. He was in practicing his rap all alone. Honestly he looked very lonely and sad, chinca, Rap Mon and V scared him, really scared him he jumped two feet and screamed; then  we came in with a cake and candles. “

A big smile broke out over Hyunki’s face , revealing his cute dimples, as he recalled the day, it was his last birthday with BTS and the day before the final line up was being decided. Dongwoon pulled out his phone and took a picture of Hyunki, he’d never seen that big or bright of a smile on his face in all the two months they’d been together. Dongwoon then sent the picture to all of the members with the caption, “our Hyunki smiled!” and also on his SNS with the caption “Our cute Maknae’s smile”.

Aw our maknae finally smiled! In case you all didn't know BIG's Heedo is my faceclaim for Hyunki. How did you all like this chapter. Not as sad as the others? Did you  like that it ended on a happy note? What photo do you think Hyunki has kept hidden under his pillow?

Please comment and subscribe.