Chapter 6

Seven Become One

 

Chapter Six

Hyunseung cleared his throat and spoke.

“Hyunki is a good kid, practices a lot and is sincere about doing music like the rest of us.”

            The rest of the press conference went well just as smoothly. Questions  covered everything from the album and Junhyung writing and being the PD for it  to their plans for promotions. After half an hour the press conference was over and boys  headed out to prepare for their showcase. They had a rehearsal to run through  as their showcase was a couple days after their comeback.  For the show case all of the members had a solo stage while Junhyung and Hyunki had a second stage were it was a rap battle. The two of them had been working on that a lot and Junhyung said it was okay if Hyunki forgot something and went freestyle, he would be able to roll with it. After the rehearsal they returned to the practice room to go over their comeback performance a few more times. The seven of them didn’t get back to the dorm until close to one after they’d gone to the gym.

“Who are you talking to?” asked Dongwoon looking over Hyunki’s shoulder as he sent a message to someone.

“A friend,” said Hyunki pocketing his cell phone, “we used to train together before I came to CUBE.”

“Really?” said Doojoon, “has he debuted yet?”

“Last year.” Said Hyunki, “he’s the Maknae in the group just like me.”

“Oh, that’s cool. You guys must be very close.”

“We are,” smiled Hyunki.

            A few minutes later Kikwang turned the lights out. Sadly the group didn’t get many hours of sleep. They had to be out of the dorm by seven that morning. They were all half asleep on the ride to the salon and Kikwang and Yoseob fell asleep while they got their hair done.  After they got done with their dry rehearsal the boys went to their waiting room. Junhyung, Hyunseung and Doojoon were all sitting on a couch watching a show while Yoseob and Dongwoon were playing a came on Yoseob’s ipad while Kikwang was taking a nap. Hyunki told the boys  he was going to use the bathroom and stepped out. But Hyunki wasn’t looking for the bathroom instead he was looking for his friends.

“Hyunki!” Said Jungkook running over and giving him a big hug.

“Hey, how are you doing we missed you.” Said Jimin

“Fine, I love your song ‘Danger’ it is so good.”

“You’re teaser was good too.” Said Rap Monster.

“Hyunki!?” said Kikwang knocking on the door, “There you are.”

Kikwang walked over and joined Hyunki with his friends.

“Sorry to brake up the party but Hyunki we have to go record.” Said Kikwang

“Okay, I’ll see you boys around.” Said Hyunki giving Jimin and then Jungkook big hugs again.

“We’ll be watching you.” Called V

“So BTS is the group you almost debuted with.” Said Kikwang as they walked down the hall.

“Yeah, although Jimin, and Jungkook are the ones I’ve trained with the longest.”

“So why didn’t you debut with them?’ asked Kikwang

“Hyung, can we please not talk about that,  I’d rather focus on the performance.”

“Oh, okay.” Said Kikwang.

            He wondered why it was a touch subject for Hyunki Although sometimes it was hard for Hyunseung to talk about what happened with him at YG he did open up about it and talked a lot about his relationship with Big Bang. The recording went smoothly and now they just had to wait for the live performance. After they had finished their performance at Music bank they left for their fan sign event.  At the event there was a crowd of fans waiting for them, all the boys smiled and waved to their fans.  Before the event started Doojoon spoke to the fans telling them to give lots of love to their new Maknae Hyunki. Then the fan signing event began and interacted with their fans. All of the members were very comfortable and genuine around their fans, Hyunki tried not to show that he was both excited and nervous. Surprisingly Hyunki already had some fans that had brought gifs and letters for him. The  event went for several hours and then they left for their recording and live performance at Music Core.   They then left for a CF recording which took several hours but it was a lot of fun. The boys got to joke and play around together. At one point Hyunseung had jumped onto Junhyung’s back and while Yoseob and Kikwang joked around with Hyunki. The boys finished their schedule at two but they still had another couple hours of work left  to do as they wanted to practice for their showcase.

“Hyunki, you alright?” asked Doojoon seeing Hyunki once again put on his brace and ice his knee.

“Yeah, it’s just a little sore, that’s all.”

Hyunseung laughed.

“You think something is funny?” asked Yoseob

“Can’t you tell he’s putting on an act?” scoffed Hyunseung, “please trust me. Hyunki’s just acting like that because he wants your attention.”

“Hyunseung can we talk please.” Said Doojoon pulling Hyunseung aside and out of the room.

“Can’t you tell that he’s faking it to fit in?” said Hyunseung when they stepped out.

“Hyunseungie, I know it’s hard having someone else coming in. But we’re all trying to make Hyunki feel welcome and comfortable. Now that we’ve made a comeback the fans will notice something is wrong.  I will make you share a room with Hyunki.”

“Trust me,” said Hyunseung, “something is wrong with this kid. And if he’s friends with BTS why didn’t he tell anyone? Why is he trying to keep that secrete.”

“Hyunseung he’s just trying to fit in.  I don’t think he wants to lose us like he lost them which is why he’s trying so hard to fit in.”

“Fine, but you’re going to regret this.”  Said Hyunsueng and then stormed back into the practice room.

            BEAST only got about an hour’s worth of sleep that night this time their schedule was a little flipped around with a signing event in the morning and then they had Inkigayo rehearsal, performance and recording. The group finished their rehearsal and headed back to their waiting room. On their way back Hyunseung’s  face lit up and he hurried forward, waiting outside of their room was Hyunseung’s mom and sister, Geurim.

“Hey, what’s up.” Said Hyunseung giving his mom and sister a big hug.

“Geurim, eomeoni1” said Yoseob walking up.

“Hi, you. You’ve changed oppa.” Said Geurim.

            The other members walked up and starting talking to Hyunseung’s sister and mom. Hyunki though walked passed them and into the room. Trying not to blow the reunion with Hyunseung’s mom and dongsaeng.

“Hyunki! Hyunki oppa!”  said Geurim.


Hey everyone, I hope you liked this chapter. lately i've gotten some good ideas and time to write so I've gotten to update more than I expected.  Please let me know what you think. What do you think is going to happen with Hunseung and Hyunki and why did Hyunki keep his relationsihip with BTS a secrete?