Chapter 2

Seven Become One

Chapter Two

            Hyunki had forgotten that Hyunseung was part of BEAST, he glanced at Hyunseung who shot him an ice cold stare. His gaze then turned to the other members. Yoseob had a big smile on his face as did Kikwang. Junhyung wasn’t really paying attention as he was checking something on his iPad. Dongwoon has his arm wrapped around Doojoon’s shoulder and was grinning at Hyunki.

“Nice to meet you,” said Dongwoon, “I’m finally not the Maknae anymore.”

“Like you ever acted like one,” Teased Kikwang.

“Yeah, I acted cuter than you did.” Said Yoseob.

“Alright you three stop arguing,” said Doojoon, “Yeah, Junhyung come on we got to practice.”

“I know, I know,” said Junhyung setting his iPad down and joining the boys.

“You better be able to keep up,” said Hyunseung, “I don’t like repeating myself.”

            The seven of them started practice again.  Hyunseung lead the group in the chorography that he and Kikwang had come up for their title track. The track was a fast up beet one and the chorography that Kikwang and Hyunseung created was difficult. Doojoon even struggled a little bit. But whenever Hyunseung caught Kikwang helping Hyunki through the mirror a scowl came across his face. They practiced for several hours and when they had finished Hyunki was exhausted. He glanced at the other members they looked tired too, except Hyunseung he looked like he could go for another hour or two, Hyunki didn’t know where Hyunseung got his energy from.

“Hey since Junhyung and I have to make stop at our places why don’t Hyunki ride with us and we can swing by the trainee apartment and pick up his things.” Said Yoseob as they were gathering up their things.

“Sounds like a plan,” said Doojoon, “that will give the four of us time to switch things around and work out who’s going to sleep with whom.”

“As long as I’m not sharing a room with Hyunseung or Kikwang I’m fine,” said Junhyung, “I don’t want them moving over in the middle of the night and cleaning onto me.”

“As long as I have my stuffed dolphin I’m fine.” Said Kikwang, “I don’t move around as much then.”

“Ya you say that now but whoever is going to be stuck with you is going to have to keep pushing you away.”

“Alright, alright you two,” said Doojoon stepping in, “Now you three get going, it’s late and we still have a lot of rearranging to do.”

            So Yoseob and Junhyung left in Junhyung’s car with Hyunki in the back seat. At the same time they were headed to Yoseob’s house Doojoon, Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Hyunseung headed back to the dorm to straighten it up and make room for Junhyung, Yoseob, and Hyunki not to mention Yoseob’s and Junhyung’s dogs.  The last stop on their ride was the trainee apartment. Hyunki wasn’t surprised that it was empty, no doubt they were all back at the company practicing. Hyunki didn’t have that much stuff, just one duffle bag and a backpack.

“That’s all you’ve got?” asked Yoseob when Hyunki returned with his belongings.

“I’m from Busan, and I didn’t bring a lot with me and I haven’t bought a lot since I’ve been here.” Said Hyunki.

“Aw, makes sense I guess,” said Yoseob.

            While they were on their way to the dorm Junhyung received a message from Hyunseung with a list of groceries and other things that they needed. So the three of them stopped by a nearby market to pick up the items on Hyunseung’s list. It took them about twenty minutes to get everything and load it back into the car with the rest of their stuff. Finally  they arrived at the dorm, they had so much stuff that they were going to have to make two trips. Yoseob led the way with Hyunki taking up the rear.

“Finally you’re here.” Said Kikwang walking up with an apron on and a spoon in his hand, “the soup is all ready and it’s best to eat when it’s hot.”

“Did you guys get everything?” asked Doojoon,

“Yoseob and I have to make another trip down to my car, we’ve still got our duffle bags,” said Junhyung setting Hyungnim down.

“Toss me your car keys,” said Dongwoon, “ I’ll go grab your stuff.”

“Thanks.”

“Come on guys dinner’s getting cold.” Wined Kikwang.

“So did you figure out the sleeping arrangements?” asked Yoseob stepping into the kitchen to see what Kikwang had cooked.

“Yeah,  Junhyung  is taking Doojoon’s room while Doojoon moves into Dongwoon’s  and then Yoseob and Hyunseung are sharing a room and Hyunki is moving into mine.” Said Kikwang slapping Yoseob’s hand out of the Kimchi.

“Junhyung I’ve already moved my stuff into Dongwoon’s so you can set up in mine. Put Hyungnim in there and we’ll set up Yanggaengie in the living room.”

“Come on Hyunki I’ll show you my room, Yoseob stay out of the Kimchi,” hollowed Kikwang as Yoseob once again took a bit of  kimchi.

Hyunki followed Kikwang down the hallway of the penthouse. They passed four doors, each with the owners name on it except one, which Kikwang explained was their managers’ room when they decided to crash at the dorm. Besides the name tags they had various other things on their door.  Doojoon’s door had a poster of Park Ji Sung hanging on it while Dongwoon’s  had a bunch of pictures of himself just incase the nametag on the door wasn’t enough.  Hyunseung’s was different in that it had a poster of him with Big Bang when from when they did the Big Bang Documentary along with posters of his unit group Trouble Maker. They finally came to Kikwang’s room. His door had all sorts of nameplates that his fans had made and given him. Inside Kikwang had a bunk bed with futon as his bottom bed. It was set up as a couch right now with all sorts of stuffed animals that his fans had given him. The top bunk had one stuffed animal.  There was one desk with a laptop and various knickknacks on it including a pad of paper along with pictures of his family and a stack of albums, everyone that he had ever released along with his AJ albums. Kikwang had cleared out his dresser and closet so that there was room for Hyunki things.  The walls of Kikwang’s room were covered with posters and pictures that his fans had sent him.

“Make yourself at home,” said Kikwang, “The bottom bed is yours. Don’t take to long dinner is ready.”

            For the first time that day Hyunki was left alone. He quietly and quickly unpacked his few belongings and then joined the other members out in the dining room for dinner. Yoseob, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung were already digging into the food despite Kikwang pestering to wait and save some for Hyunki.  He sat down next to Doojoon and across from Hyunseung, the only spot left at the table. Hyunki didn’t talk much during dinner he just quietly ate, Doojoon kept encouraging Hyunki to eat more but only when Doojoon put the food on Hyunki’s spoon did he eat more of the meet and other “expensive” sides.

“Oh, before I forget,” said Junhyung handing Hyunki an iPod, “it has all of our songs on it including the guide for our new song. And you’re part is the middle rap.”

“Thank you,” said Hyunki taking the iPod.

“Oh, well I’m stuffed,” said Dongwoon leaning back in his chair. “thanks for dinner Kikwang.”

“Where are you going?” asked Hyunseung when Dongwoon got up.

“Shower, and my favorite program is going to be on soon.”

“You’re on dishes,” said Yoseob, “or did you forget.

“But I’m not the Maknae anymore,” said Dongwoon, “Hyunki is.”

“It’s better that you do dishes,” said Hyunseung getting up and placing his dishes in the sink, “Hyunki is more likely to brake all our dishes instead of wash them.”

Junhyung and Doojoon glanced at Hyunseung, they’d never seen him act so rude before. They wondered what was bothering him or if he was just tired.

“Dongwoon why don’t you help Hyunki,” said Doojoon before getting up and walking after Hyunseung.

            With Dongwoon and Hyunki working together it didn’t take long for them to clean up the kitchen, in fact they got it done just as Dongwoon’s program was starting. Since it was late Hyunki decided to go ahead and take shower then turn in. He wanted to get up early tomorrow to practice the choreography and his part before the others arrived in the practice room. Hyunki fell asleep listening to the iPod that Junhyung had given him. It was six when his phone alarm went off, he quickly turned it off so that it wouldn’t wake Kikwang. Within fifteen minutes Hyunki had gotten dressed, packed his bag, had a quick breakfast and left a note for the others so they wouldn’t be worried. Hyunki jogged to the company like he did every morning, it worked as his warm up. For the next couple of hours Hyunki practiced the chorography for the new title track while trying to memorize his lyrics too. It was getting close to eight-thirty when Hyunki heard the practice room door open and then slam shut. He pulled out his earbuds and saw Hyunseung standing in the room glaring at him.

“Hyunseung-ah,” said Hyunki

“It’s Hyunseung-ssh to you,” snapped Hyunseung, “what are you even doing here. I told you to stay away from CUBE.”

“Hyunseung-ssh…..”

“I told you I never wanted to see you again!” yelled Hyunseung”

Just then door opened again and in walked the rest of the BEAST members.

 

Did you enjoy it? Why do you think Hyunseung yelled at Hyungki? Please leave comments