chapter 19

Seven Become One

 

Chapter 19

Doojoon grabbed the newspaper that Jiyong heled in his hand, Yoseob and Kikwang peered over his shoulder. There was in fact an article about it. Speculating that Hyunseung or Hyunki would leave the team if it didn’t get resolved.  There was a picture from the basket ball game and also one of when Hyunki had moved out of the dorm.

“Doojoon, what have you been doing? You’re supposed to keep them from fighting. And Hyunseung,” said Jiyong turning his angry at Hyunseung, “you’re the hyung, Hyunki is the dongsaeng. You should be understanding and helping him out. Not fighting him every step of the way. Now get your act together!”

            There was a deadly silence in the room. No one knew what to say. But they couldn’t argue about right now. They had to get ready for their schedule. It was a long hard day for all of them.  More and more articles kept popping up pointing out things that could be noticed from when Hyunki had first debuted. That wasn’t the only issue either. Someone had caught a picture of him helping his Noona home. Of course no one knew who it was and there was speculation that she was his girlfriend. Then there were the comments from the fans.  99% of them were harsh hateful ones. Telling him things like “die”, “go to hell”, “you should be kicked out of BEAST’, “you’re a spiteful boy who is hurting angle Hyunseung.” As Hyunki kept scrolling down through the comments they got worse and worse. He wanted to write on his SNS to apologize to B2UTYs but was afraid of saying the wrong thing and hating him more. What was probably worse was that they had a fan signing event that afternoon. When the fans walked up they did accept Hyunki’s autograph but it was clear they weren’t interested in him. Only a handful of fans gave Hyunki letters or gifts and he wondered how many of those letters were hate letters.

“Hyunseung, Hyunki don’t go anywhere I want to talk to you two.” Said Doojoon as they returned to their dorm very late that night.

            Doojoon led the two members into his room and closed the door firmly behind them. The other members were curious as to what was going to happen but they also knew that it was a rather serious situation right now so they didn’t linger by the door, instead they started their showers and looked for something to eat. It was rather quiet in the dorm. The others didn’t even hear any raised voices coming from Doojoon’s room, which made them even more nervous.

“I’m going to give you guys two options,” he said looking at the two of them seriously, “one, you can talk between yourselves and fix this or you can talk to me individually and I’ll try to see what kind of  compromise we can come to.”

Hyunki let out a long sigh and hung his head. Hyunseung wouldn’t listen to him, six years of bad blood between them had proven that, but he didn’t really want to spill everything on Doojoon either.

“Let Hyunki and I talk first,” Hyunseung said finally.

“Alright, then I’ll leave you two alone.”

Doojoon stepped out of the room and again there was a deadly silence. Hyunki couldn’t even look at Hyunseung. He felt terrible. Even though what had initially happened was a big misunderstanding, Hyunki didn’t like the idea that he was hurting BEAST and Hyunseung. After what seemed like ages Hyunki spoke first.

“I’ll leave,” he said in a whisper.

“What?” exclaimed Hyunseung shocked.

“It’s what the B2UTYs want and it’s what you want. I’ll leave BEAST, maybe I can make it with a different group later.”

Hyunseung ran his fingers through his white hair.

“Hyunki, I don’t want you to leave just because of me. And B2UTYs will come around, you already started to have a good fan base. Let’s work on one issue at a time,” he sighed, “why didn’t you speak up all those year ago? You saw Leo trying to cheat.”

“Because I was terrified of him. You know Leo, he’s intimidating and will hurt anyone who snitches on him. And not just he would’ve got me kicked out of school too. Why were you so mad at me when you know very well how Leo and the rest of VIXX are?”

“But you were learning taekwondo, so…”

“I was just starting out then,” retorted  Hyunki, “as a hyung and friend you’re supposed to support and protect me but the two times I needed you the most you weren’t there,”

Hyunki began to break into tears, making Hyunseung’s heart ache too. He’d never seen Hyunki cry before. In all the years he’d known Hyunki he’d never shed a tear in front of him. He’d always been a lively, playful dongsaeng. Hyunseung rubbed Hyunki’s head and pulled him into a warm embrace.  He should’ve never expect something so big from someone so young.

“You don’t think they killed each other do you?” said Dongwoon when it was still quiet.

Junhyung choked on his coke, “Yeah you think they’d be yelling at each other when this is so serious?”

“Let’s just hope that they can fix this or else this could be a complete mess.” Said Yoseob.

            A little while later the members started to head to their rooms. Kikwang lay in bed wondering about Hyunki, a few minutes later he heard the shower running and figured it was Hyunki. When Hyunki finally did walk into the room rubbing his hair dry Kikwang breathed a sigh of relief. He looked a little upset but not like he’d had a big fight with Hyunseung. Kikwang wanted to ask Hyunki if everything was alright but he didn’t think now was the time. Hyunki looked worn out from the long day. Hyunki picked up his phone and began to read the letters by the display screen light on his phone. It was he expected one by one each letter was a hate or anti fan letter. Not one of them was a real fan letter.  He tossed each one to the floor and fell asleep feeling the weight of the fans and BEAST on him. Like Hyunki had told Hyunseung he was ready to leave BEAST if he must but he really wanted  to stay.

            Over the next several weeks things slowly, very slowly, started to get better between Hyunseung and Hyunki. It made Doojoon smile that the two of them had begun to work things out between them. But the other members could tell that there were other issues that were baring the two of them from really coming clean and forgiving each other. Although they tried to look closes or programs and when cameras were rolling the fans still spotted that the two of them weren’t exactly getting along. The vicious comments and letters towards Hyunki didn’t degrees either. In fact they started to get worse, they were telling him to stop faking things to act real and get out of the team. Hyunki tried his best not to show that all the negative comments were bothering him but even he couldn’t hide it all the time.

            All of the members could tell that Hyunki and Hyunseung were trying their best to fix things but they also could tell that everything wasn’t resolved either. Almost two weeks later, when everyone was feeling really exhausted and down Doojoon brought out their karaoke machine and they all started having fun. Yoseob was singing and dancing like crazy and the other’s were following their lead. It was fun to sing without worrying about performing and just going crazy together. Hyunki escaped to his room for a moment and came back with a small box of chocolates that he got from one of his rare fans. He popped one in his mouth and watched the other boys just go crazy. He smiled a little, he was happy that the six of them could still be so much fun even with everything going along. Suddenly he started feeling sick. His belly started to ache badly. Hyunki tried to ignore it but the pain quickly got so bad that he curled up in a ball on the couch. Doojoon quickly noticed that something was wrong.

“Hyunki what’s wrong?” he said touching his shoulder.

“My stomach,” he moaned.

Junhyung broke and sniffed the chocolates, “glue poisoning, I think!” he exclaimed.

The manager’s were at a meeting at the moment. Yoseob quickly got on the phone with Jiyong so he could meet them at the hospital. Doojoon picked Hyunki up on his shoulders while Kikwang had already left to get the car.  They hurried as to the car as fast as they could. Thankfully there was little traffic this late at night and they were able to get to the hospital in record time. Jiyong Hyung met them just as they were walking into the emergence room. After twenty agonizing minutes the doctor gave his analysis.

“It’s glue poisoning, he digested a good amount. I want to hospitalized for at least a day so we can monitor him.”

I am sorry I didn't update sooner. life has been busy what with starting three more college class and work. I hope you enjoed it though. pleaes comment and subscribe.