Chapter 18

Seven Become One

Chapter 18

            Hyunseung wanted to go after Geurim but just then it was their turn to go on. Hyunki brought Shi Woo along and had him wait right next to Jiyong Hyung, he then joined the others on the stage. No matter how bad the tension was between the members when they were on stage it was important for them to function as one and put on a great performance for their fans. They pushed aside their own personal feelings and prepared for the performance. Instead of focusing on everything that had went wrong that day Hyunki focused on Shi Woo he didn’t want to disappoint his dongsaeng so he was going to work hard so that the performance would be successful.  

            Despite the smiles on Hyunki’s face the rest of the day inside he was torn up. He had never wanted the members to meet his biological father. It was depressing to admit to having a father like him. He knew that they were all curious as to what had exactly happened to him. But Hyunki couldn’t, he wouldn’t talk about it. Even though he had been only six when things had gone south with his father he still remembered it clear as day. Of his childhood before he was adopted that was the only thing he remembered and wasn’t a very happy memory. Hyunki had to fight back the tears whenever they were in the car, if he let his mind wonder off then there was no way he would be able to hold back his tears.

            But Hyunki wasn’t the only person that Doojoon was worried about. He kept his gaze on Hyunseung too. He had never seen Hyunseung and Geurim fight like that before and he knew that what she had said probably hurt Hyunseung. Hyunseung always did his best to protect and love his family now that his father was gone and  it was clear that today all of that effort had come crumbling down on him. But true to Hyunseung’s character he didn’t shed one single tear or look like he was about to cry. Instead he had his standard poker face on.

            Since Doojoon was worried about both Hyunki and Hyunseung he decided that the group was going to play a game of basket ball after the schedule instead of dance practice. Kikwang and Yoseob had to practically drag their none athletic members, Junhyung, Dongwoon and Hyunseung along. It had been a long time since any of them had shot some hoops and since it was late there wasn’t really anyone out so they were able to just have some fun. Hyunki turned out to be a good and rather aggressive player. To make it even Doojoon sat out and was the referee while the other six members played. At one point Hyunki ran pasted Hyunseung, accidently bumping him hard, making him hit the ground, as he did a layup and landed a basket. Hyunki turned around and offered his had to Hyunseung but Hyunseung shoved it away and got up on his own. A few minutes later Hyunseung did the same thing to Hyunki but it was clear he’d did it on purpose and he didn’t even offer to help Hyunki up.

“Time, Time out!” said Doojoon  walking over to Hyunseung and Hyunki, “Hyunseung you’ve got to play fair. Hyunki knocked you down on accident.”

“So did I.”

“Come on simmer down Hyung,” said Dongwoon placing his hand on Hyunseung’s shoulder, “it’s just a game.”

“Stay out of this,” snapped Hyunseung

“Hyunseung, just because you’re mad at me don’t take it out on the others.” Said Hyunki

“You think I’m mad at you,” said Hyunseung glancing at Hyunki with a piercing gaze, “you pitted my own dongsaeng against me!”

“No I didn’t! You did that all by yourself. Who do you think she is more disappointed in me…or you?”

Hyunseung kept quiet for a moment,  then he spoke, “You don’t know my sister. So stop trying to act like you do!”  he said and then shoved pasted Hyunki and headed back to the dorm.

            It was clear the game was done for the night so the others gathered up their jackets and water bottles and headed back to the dorm. Junhyung ran up and caught up to Hyunseung putting his arm around his shoulders trying to comfort him. Hyunki hung back and was the last of the group to leave.  Things had gone terribly wrong since he’d joined BEAST and he didn’t know how to fix it. He wanted to make things right between him and Hyunseung  but just like six years ago Hyunseung wasn’t giving him the chance. Hyunki decided that for right now it would be best if he just stayed out of Hyunseung’s way. If he did that then maybe they wouldn’t fight so much.

            The moment they got back to the dorm Hyunseung headed straight to the bathroom, locking the door behind him, and the shower. He stripped down and stepped into the nice hot shower. A moment he burst into tears and sunk down holding his head in his hands crying his heart out. All the emotions he’d been holding in swept over him and he just couldn’t hold them back anymore. He cried and cried, hoping that the running water who mask his sobs from the other members. His tears flowing as freely as the water covering his back sweeping him in guilt and utter sadness. Hyunseung couldn’t believe what he’d done. He loved Geurim so much and what she had said cut deep into his heart. He was supposed to be the protector and guardian but now she couldn’t even look at him! Even though he wanted to blame it all on Hyunki he couldn’t part of it was his fault too. Even if Hyunseung wanted to forgive Hyunki for what had happened he wasn’t sure he could forgive himself so Hyunseung was doomed to always being at Hyunki’s throat never able to forgive, never able to forget.  He had broken more than just his relationship with Hyunki six years ago. Eventually Hyunseung was able to pull himself together again, but just barely.  He finished his shower and stepped out.

“Are you alright?” asked Yoseob when Hyunseung stepped into their room, “you’re eyes are all puffy.”

“I’m okay,” said Hyunseung ruffling Yoseob’s black hair, “I’m just exhausted.”

            Meanwhile Doojoon had asked Hyunki to talk to him in Junhyung’s room, that way Dongwoon could go ahead and turn in. Junhyung was going to feed and walk the dogs so his rom was free. Hyunki cleaned up a bit and then joined Doojoon in Junhyung’s room, Doojoon had this serious expression on his face that Hyunki knew met that he was both worried and concerned about whatever he was going to say.

“Go ahead and say whatever it is, I can take it. I’ve learned to take a lot over the years.”

“You probably know this already but Hyunseung takes his family very seriously. Bringing his parents or dongsaeng into any argument doesn’t help. It only make things worse.”

“I know,” sighed Hyunki

“Then I’m going to ask you not to do it again. I want you to feel like you fit in with us and that you’re a part of our team. But fighting with Hyunseung and bringing his family into the fight isn’t helping matters.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I wont do it again.”

“Good,” said Doojoon resting his hand on Hyunki’s shoulder, “I really am happy that you’ve joined BEAST and I want you to succeed too. That’s why I’m tell you this okay? I don’t want our fans or Hyunseung’s fans catching on that you two don’t get along.”

“Okay,”

“Cheer up,” said Doojoon touching his cheek, “we’re all here for you.”

“Thanks,” said Hyunki weekly and then left.

            He knew that Doojoon meant well but nothing he had said made Hyunki feel better. Instead it made him miserable.  Using Hyunseung’s family against him was a cowardly and week thing to do and Hyunki was going to keep his word. He wasn’t going to do it again. Hyunki crawled into bed and pulled the covers up to his chin hoping that the covers would make him feel happy and warm. Hyunki didn’t sleep well that night. He had a terrible night mare that his father had kidnapped and sold Shi Woo and he was running around Seoul trying to find Shi Woo. Hyunki woke up in a cold sweet. Relief swept over him, it was just a dream.  Hyunki knew he wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep so he changed into his running shorts and a t-shirt and left for a run in the cold early morning air. The cold air helped Hyunki clear his mind and wake up.  He was on his way back to the dorm when he got a call from Jiyong wondering where he was. Hyunki made it back in record time and took a quick shower.

“Geurim still not answering your calls?” asked Yoseob when Hyunseung pressed redial.

“Yes,” he said in frustration as he got her voicemail again, “she’s really mad at me.”

“Give her a day or two,” said Junhyung, “she’ll cool down and talk to you. You two can’t stay made at each other for very long.”

            Hyunseung hoped that Junhyung was right. He knew that he’d disappointed Geurim but he wouldn’t be able to bare it if she stopped talking to him. The two of them were so close and the death of his father had only grown the family closer. So if this were going to tear them apart it was going to tear Hyunseung inside. Which was way he had to talk to Geurim he had to explain to her what had happened. Geurim thought she knew the whole story but she didn’t. No one besides Hyunki and he knew the whole story and Hyunseung had wanted to keep it like that but now it was looking impossible. The members noticed that Hyunki purposely stayed as far away from Hyunseung whenever he could. And when Hyunseung was talking on a program he was careful not to interrupt him but he did proper reactions. Whenever they were in the car Hyunki sat in the back on the opposite side that Hyunseung sat on in the middle. It was clear that he was being very careful around Hyunseung.

            The members got done with their schedule at a decent hour, which was unusual, so they spent the rest of their evening in the dance studio practicing for their concert in August. Even though it was several months away they still had to practice hard for it.  Next month they were filming the teaser for it along with the various screen shots they needed for the concert and the photo shoot.  Hyunki was getting better at the chorography but he didn’t catch on as fast of the other members. Since they hadn’t got as much practice in as they wanted to the members stayed up very late going over the chorography for their current song “Shadow” and “I’m Sorry” along with some of their older ones like “Bad Girl” and “Mystery”. It had been a long time since they’d performed the songs so they were a little rusty on them.  They all went to bed that night tired and sore. The boys were just getting up the following morning when Jiyong called them into the sitting room.

“What’s going on with you guys?” he yelled at them

All of the members froze, it wasn’t like Jiyong hyung to get mad at them.

“What are you talking about hyung?” said Doojoon rubbing his eyes trying to wake up.

“Why are there articles out today that are saying that Hyunki isn’t fitting with BEAST. That have pictures of  Hyunki and Hyunseung fighting!”

Oh no! Poor Hyunseung keeping his tears built up and then crying all alone!

     

What's going to happen between him and Geurim? What is BEAST going to do about the articales about them fighting and not getting along? I hope you liked it. Please comment and subscribe.